Young Writers Society

Wanted (Is taken)

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:07 pm
PixieStix says...

Chapter 1: Best in The Business

Selena

The police chase me, their lights flashing both in and out of my mind. Only to realize the gas level on my motorcycle tank is low, I make a split decision and drive into a store, coming out the other side. Glass explodes all over the place, and I soon realize I’ve driven myself into a mall. Swearing repeatedly, I try to control my ‘driving’ and pretend the side of the indoor fountain is a ramp, my bike swiftly sliding onto it and to the other end.

Already feeling my motorcycle give out, I drive out the window and land on the street perfectly, quickly making a sharp turn into an alley. The sirens pass right by me and I sigh of relief, taking a break, and put my bike in park. Glancing around, I soon lean against the wall and take out a cigarette, lighting it. I see a strange man walk towards me and I automatically assume it’s the police. I put my hand on my gun just in case as he comes to my front. I release it, as I realize he’s in pure black suit, and a briefcase.

“What do you want, James?” I ask, annoyed, “I’m trying to enjoy some time away from the law, if you get what I mean,” I blow smoke in his face.

He chuckles, “Lance wants you for a mission,” He starts, “I must bring you to him at once.”

I sigh enormously and try not to show my dis pleasure, but go along with it, “Fine. I’m driving there though; I need some more gas for my bike.”

He nods and I tap my cigarette on the side of my handle before dropping it and stepping on it. Once it’s flattened, I hop on and tilt my shades down to cover my eyes. The hidden warehouse where all this happened was on the other side of town. This was going to take a while. The moment I left, James disappeared into the alley. I got to a nearby gas station- surprisingly in the middle of nowhere – and filled the bike’s tank up with a couple gallons. Once ready, I jump back on and check the meters before zooming off.

Passing by all the trees and marshes, I finally get to that abandoned grey; dull warehouse. I parked my bike and removed my black leather jacket, showing the numerous tattoos I’ve gotten over the years and a scar I got on my shoulder from a crime in a bank. I push through the doors to see a huge hall filled with marble.

Wow. They really cleaned up this place…

I get to the main hall, my boss sitting at his desk in the middle of the room and points to two chairs in front of him. I assume that means sit down, so I sit on the one on the right, confused on why there are two chairs.

“We’ll wait a few more minutes until you’re partner gets here,” He grins.

Wait. Did he just say…Partner?
Last edited by PixieStix on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:58 pm
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Mark

The sound of sirens in the distance hinder my movements, making me question whether this was such a good idea after all. I decide against my doubts, realizing that the sirens are in no way heading towards my location, and step up to the bank counter as planned. The building is fairly empty today, only a few others around. One of my hired helps stands by the front door, ready to take the security guard out of the equation when given the say so. I take a deep breath and slip my shades off, revealing my natural, almost silver blue eyes.

"How may I help you today, sir?" the teller asks in a pleasant tone.

I reach into my jacket pocket and nod at my help, glancing back at the bony man who stands before me.

"Yes, I'd like ten thousand in the bag please," I set the cloth on the counter and hold the gun in my other hand.

My help disappears with the guard, leaving everyone else here under my will. The teller pales and the rest of his staff gasps before inching as far away from me as possible.

"Nobody move," I order, smugly smiling, "No one's going to be harmed once I get what I want."

The light switch finally goes off in each of their heads and they start filling my bag, the teller frozen before me. It takes a few minutes, more sirens in the distance, and the wait is enough to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand straight up.

Once it's done, I grab the bag and back out of the bank. I slip the gun away once outside and put the bag of bills in a briefcase my help had brought. He takes the bag and leaves with a small fraction of the steal, my jacket switched inside out to make me appear more like a businessman than a robber.

I take off down the street, my sunglasses shading my eyes again, and blend in with the crowd. That is, until a man in a black suit shows up in my line of vision. Inwardly groaning, I pull away from the crowd and into the alleyway he's waiting in.

"What do you want, James?" I ask, "I have a place to be."

"Lance has a job for you," he replies, "You need to come with me."

I study him before looking away and sighing. He sets off and I make my way behind him, letting him lead me to a run down warehouse. The place is too familiar, in my opinion, and I wonder why I'm back in a situation like this. James takes my briefcase and stops at the door, motioning me in.

"You'll get it back once you leave," he assures me.

You better.

I walk into a marble hallway, hiding a grimace when I see my boss sitting across his desk with a girl in one of the two chairs on the other side. They look back at me and I flash a lopsided smile.

"Well, well, well, I didn't expect to see you again, Selena," I take the seat beside her, nodding at my boss, "This better be important. You could have gotten me caught by having James get me like that."

I cross my arms and sigh, waiting to hear about this job.

More importantly, why does it seem like I've picked up a partner for it?
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:28 pm
PixieStix says...

Selena

“Wow…” I mutter, not believing the partner I got, “Yes, please tell before I go all out and blow your head off, Lance,” I look up at our boss.

He chuckles before sliding us a paper, “You two are our best in the business,” The paper shows all the crimes we’ve done, and how much money he’s made by us doing it.

“Have you ever been to Egypt, Selena?” He looks at me, his white eyes melting into me. I shrug, kicking my feet up onto the desk.

“Once,” I reply, “But it was for a reason.”

He raises an eyebrow, “You never told me about that.”

I roll my eyes, “I don’t have to tell you everywhere I go dumb a*s,” I mutter, “I’m almost twenty.”

“Twenty and you still act like a little fifteen year old,” He snaps back.

I glare at him, clutching my fists, and the security guards surround us just in case. Calming myself, I look at him, “What’s the mission?” I ask, annoyed.

“In Egypt I met a man called Cryo. He told me about a temple, filled with gold and riches,” He replies, looking at Mark when he says the next part, “You know about it too, don’t you Mark?”

Mark doesn’t respond, narrowing his eyes, and Lance hesitates before continuing, “I want it.”

I shrug, “What can we do about it?”

“Get it. You’ll each get five-hundred-million if you find it. Two weeks. I’m giving you two weeks to get it.”

I smirk, “And if I refuse?”

One of the security guards puts a gun to the side of my head in an answer and Lance grins, “So what do you say? Not like you can say no…” He chuckles.

I don’t answer right away, looking at the mission on the paper for details.

Mission 101:
Goal: Must find Temple Of Gems.
Time frame: Two weeks
Reward: $500,000,000

I nod at the information and look up at him, “Fine. But if I don’t get my fair pay…”

He nods, “I know, I know, Selena. What about you Mark?”

82 Reviews

Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:46 pm

Mark

Selena...just like always. Hasn't changed a bit.

Lance chuckles and shows us a piece of paper, listing our crimes and his profit from each. I tighten my jaw at this, hating being a simple pawn in someone else's game.

"You two are our best in the business," he tells us, "Have you ever been to Egypt, Selena?"

My breath catches in my throat and every part of me freezes, my heart beating ferociously in my ears. Egypt. Sh*t. This better not be what I think it is...

"Once, but it was for a reason," Selena responds, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Lance raises an eyebrow, "You never told me about that."

We aren't your b*tches, boss. Where we go isn't your business.

I flash a smile at Selena's response before returning to a straight expression. He snaps at her and I tense up, preparing for what might happen. Selena glares back at him, clenching her fists, and we become surrounded. It doesn't take her long to calm down, asking about the mission or job or whatever this was.

“In Egypt I met a man called Cryo. He told me about a temple, filled with gold and riches,” Lance explains, looking at me, "You know about it too, don't you, Mark?"

I narrow my eyes at him, subconsciously bringing a hand over my stomach. Taking a deep breath, I shove the memory to the back of my mind and swallow.

"I want it," Lance continues.

"What can we do about it?" Selena shrugs.

"Get it. You’ll each get five-hundred-million if you find it. Two weeks. I’m giving you two weeks to get it.”

Five-hundred million and the possibility of losing our lives...

“And if I refuse?” Selena smirks.

A gun is brought to the side of her head and I uncross my arms from my chest, sitting up a little.

“So what do you say? Not like you can say no…" Lance chuckles.

She looks over the information and nods, "Fine. But if I don't get my fair pay..."

Lance nods and looks back at me, "I know, I know, Selena. What about you, Mark?"

I stare back at him, expressionless, before flickering my gaze to the guard with their gun pointed at Selena. Taking a deep breath, i look down and run a hand through my hair.

"I get whatever I need," I bargain, "Every ounce of supply that I need. What you're after... It's not worth the breath it takes to give the order, much less two lives. Too many obstacles in store."

Sighing, I glance back up at him.

"Like you said though, it's not like I have any choice," I finish, "That's sure to change soon... I'll make sure of that."

I stand and snatch the information sheet from him, heading out of the hall.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:34 am
PixieStix says...

Selena

I was just about to leave as well, when Lance stops me, "Selena, stay."

I sigh, plopping back down in the chair, not looking at him, "Have you told Mark yet?"

I shrug, looking at the floor, "No, dad."

He sighs, "Sel, you need to tell him. He'll go easier on you."

I look up at him, "F*ck off," I stand. walking out. I catch up with Mark but don't look at him, tilting my shades down to cover my eyes.

"I'm sorry about what happened last time we saw eachother," I glance at the floor as we walk out, "I didn't mean what I said."

He stops walking and looks at me, "What? You? Apologizing?" He raises an eyebrow.

I stop walking as well, sighing, "Don't push me. I apologized and that's all. It's not a big deal."

He puts his hand to my forehead, "Are you feeling okay?"

I slap his hand away and fix my shades, looking foward, "I didn't mean to question you're way of doing things, Mark. I didn't mean to snap on you. So I'm sorry. I just wanted to get that out of the way before we start working with eachother again."

We exit the building and I suddenly hear sirens. Oh. Sh*t. I jump on my motorcycle, "Have you ever wondered what a police chase feels like? Because you're about to be in one. Jump on," I start the engine.

82 Reviews

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:46 am

Mark

I grab my briefcase back from James and sigh, trying to figure out how to get back from here. Selena catches up with me and we exit the building, not looking at each other or anything.

"I'm orry about what happened last time we saw each other," she says, looking down, "I didn't mean what I said."

Stopping, I look at her, "What? You? Apologizing?"

I raise an eyebrow as she stops as well, sighing.

"Don't push me. I apologized and that's all. It's not a big deal," she says.

I pretend to be serious and set a hand on her forehead, feeling for a fever.

"Are you feeling okay?"

She slaps my hand away and fixes her glances, looking away from me.

"I didn't mean to question you're way of doing things, Mark. I didn't mean to snap on you. So I'm sorry. I just wanted to get that out of the way before we start working with eachother again," she says.

I flash a smile and nod, having already forgotten about our dispute. It takes two to start a fight, Selena. Before I can apologize too, we exit the building and hear sirens. She jumps on a motorcycle, which brings back memories, and looks at me.

"Have you ever wondered what a police chase feels like? Because you're about to be in one. Jump on," she starts the engine.

"I'm always in a chase, Sel," I smile, sitting behind her and wrapping an arm loosely around her stomach, "Just like you."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:27 pm
PixieStix says...

Selena

I watch the police get even closer, the sirens annoying the crap out of me. I drive off, the wind blowing fast, and let them stay right behind me, "Hold on," I tell back to Mark, making a sharp turn into a parking lot. They turn in with us and follow us all around the place.

This was not a smart idea, Selena.

"PULL OVER," The cops yell through a microphone thingy. I chuckle at this and make for the exit, driving through the grass and into the woods, knowing the cars Couldn't get inside. I pull over about a mile into the woods and take a deep breath, glancing back at Mark.

"You alright?" I ask, breathing heavily.

He nods slowly, "Uh...Y-Yeah."

I nod back and jump off, stretching, "Where should we start with the mission?" I ask, taking the paper from him and looking over it again.

82 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Mark

The sirens get closer before Selena decides to drive off. She lets them tail us for a while, the wind whipping against us. Just before making a sharp turn into a parking lot, she yells something inconceivable. I take it as a warning, so I tighten my grip around her. Guess intuition pays off sometimes.

The cops turn with us and follow us as we weave through cars and trucks. One car has a bullhorn and screams at us with it, ordering us to pull over. Yeah...Like that ever works. I glance back to see them just before Selena makes for the exit and speeds into the woods.

Uh....

We go about a mile more before stopping. Selena glances back at me, breathing heavily, and takes a deep breath.

"You alright?" she asks.

I nod slowly, trying to piece together words as I glance around, "Uh...Y-yeah."

She nods and jumps off, stretching. Stealing the info sheet from me, she asks about a starting point. I stay where I am, not ready to get moving yet, and sigh.

"Well, Egypt," I say in an obvious tone, "We've got to get there before doing anything. Call up Lance or James or someone. Arrange a private jet to take us over. There's no way in hell we'd not be spotted on a public flight."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:31 pm
PixieStix says...

Selena

I nod at him, "I'll call James. He can probrably get us one in the next day or so. We only have two weeks."

I take outmy IPhone and dial his number, telling him all the information, "We need somewhere to stay or the night. And a plane for tommarow morning."

He agrees and tells me theres a small motel by the Movie Cinema, and has a secret room underground. I hang up and get back on my bike, Mark already on it.

Sel...You need to just man up and tell him. Tell him tonight. Don't be a priss, now.

I shake my head out of the thought and sigh, zooming us off and following the directions James gave me over the phone. I find it and look around the place. EW. This room better be made of solid gold if he expects me to sleep in this dump. I find that door that leads into the ground and see there's a lock on it. Taking my gun from my belt, I pull the trigger and It breaks, falling off. I open it and level myself down. Mark does to and sets a hand on my shoulder once we get down there. He looks around, "Wow."

This room wasn't anything I would've expected. Money pilled high and a huge bed, numerous couches, a flat screen T.V and a master bathroom. I wonder how much James gets paid for owning this...

My eyes widen and I put my gun away, glancing back at Mark, "You think this is okay for the night?" I smirk.

82 Reviews

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:15 pm

Mark

Selena calls James and talks with him for a little before getting back on the bike. I keep my hands off of her, seeing as there's no reason for me to hold on yet, and take a deep breath.

This trip to Egypt better be nothing like the last...

She shakes her head and we speed off, heading near the movie theater. Without a word, I slip back into my thoughts as we pull up to a run down motel. I don't take the time to examine it, following Selena inside and down to the basement. She shoots off the padlock on the door, which I cringe at and know we'll regret it later, and opens it.

I set a hand on Selena's shoulder once we get down, looking around. I could get used to a life like this...

"Wow," I murmur, leaving Selena's side.

I sit down on one of the numerous couches and sigh, looking up at the ceiling.

"You think this is okay for the night?" she asks, looking at me.

I nod, flashing a smile, "S'good for a lifetime."

I get back up and head to the mini fridge, taking out a beer and plopping back down on the couch. Hell yes. Why can't we just stick here for a while?

"So, what are our plans for tomorrow?" I ask, "The flight."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:46 pm
PixieStix says...

Selena

I shrug, raiding the bar, "Um...At 5:00 we have to get up and meet James at the private jet he got us."

He raises an eyebrow, downing half of his drink, "You've got to be f*cking kidding me? James got us a private jet? I didn't actually think you'd get it..." He smiles.

I shrug again, sliding on top of the bar and popping the cork of an old wine bottle, "I can do anything..."

I take a swig and glance around. he wouldn't mind if we took a little bit of money...right?

I smirk and get one of James's sports bags, filling it up with about a thousand dollars, "This should be enough to get us--" An alarm goes off and I swallow. really?

Knifes shoot from the bar and pin me to the wall by my clothes, James walking in with his keys, "I knew that was going to happen," he chuckles, taunting me.

"Let me down, James, Or I swear I will blow you're head off," I give him the death stare. He doesn't hesitate, pulling the knifes out, and I knee him in the gut, "Don't EVER try that again."

He chuckles again and nods, looking at Mark, "Are you drinking one of my beers?" He smirks.

Mark nods, smirking too, and takes another swig.

"Okay then," James smiles, pressing a button on the wall. A garage opens and a 1965 red farrari takes vision. My eyes widen and I run over to it, "I want this!"

82 Reviews

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Mark

"You've got to be f*cking kidding me? James got us a private jet?" I raise an eyebrow and down half my drink, smiling, "I didn't think you'd actually get it..."

Selena shrugs and sits atop the bar, popping the cork off a wine bottle. She takes a sip and glances around.

"I can do anything..." she says before smirking.

Grabbing one of James's sports bags, she fills it with wads of bills and starts talking about how it would be enough to get us somewhere. I wonder if she realizes I just hit a job before this... I've got over twice as much as she was packing away.

An alarm goes off and a set of knives shoot from the bar, pinning Selena against the wall by her clothes. I stand, reaching for my gun again, but freeze when James walks in with his keys.

"I knew that was going to happen," he taunts, chuckling.

I sigh and sit back down, taking a swig of the beer.

"Let me down, James, or I swear I will blow your head off," Selena threatens.

The guy wastes no time, setting her free, and is repaid with a knee to the gut.

"Don't ever try that again," Selena hisses.

James just chuckles and nods, glancing at me with a smirk.

"Are you drinking one of my beers?" he asks.

I smirk and nod back, taking another swig in front of him.

"Okay then," James smiles, pressing a button on the wall.

A garage I hadn't recognized as itself raises and reveals a 1965 cherry red Ferrari. Hell yes. I stand and walk towards it as Selena runs to it.

"I want this!" she squeals.

I bite my tongue, keeping myself from reminding her how she already has a bike and quite possibly a few other vehicles stashed away. Something like this comes once a lifetime.

Damn. She always get what she wants. Could I manage to get her to share the car? 'Cause there's no way in hell she'd let it go...

Pretending to be uninterested, I head back to my spot on the couch and watch as Selena and James bicker over the car. I sigh and down the rest of my beer.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:13 pm
PixieStix says...

Selena

My car.

"Selena, this is my car," James says calmly.

I glare at him, "But I want it."

"No. You can't have it," He chuckles.

I just jump in the car without his permission and turn it on, hearing the car roar.

Mark sits up a little and I nod, "Wow. This is amazing."

"Selena, get out of the car," James orders.

I glare at him, "Don't tell me what to do."

He puts his hands up, "You'll let me once I tell you're father."

I freeze, turning the car off and leaning back, "What did you just say?"

"You're father..." He says, walking towards the kitchen.

"So?" I pretend not to act scared.

He raises an eyebrow, "You're not scared of you're boss?"

I swallow, my eyes flicking to Mark. Ohhh sh*t.

82 Reviews

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Mark

Selena jumps in the car and turns it on, roaring the engine. I straighten, sitting up a little, and she nods with a smile.

"Wow, this is amazing," she says.

"Selena, get out of the car," James orders.

Yeah...like that's gonna happen.

She glares at him and he puts his hands up in surrender.

"Don't tell me what to do," she growls.

"You'll let me once I tell your father," he threatens.

Turning the car off, Selena freezes and leans back.

"What did you say?" she asks.

"Your father..." James trails off, heading to the kitchen.

"So?" she fakes her immunity.

He raises an eyebrow and smirks a little.

"You're not scared of your boss?"

I freeze, choking on my beer. Once I compose myself, I glance up at Selena in shock as she swallows and looks back at me.

"Lance is your father?" I ask, not able to believe it.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:41 pm
PixieStix says...

Selena

No. I can’t let anyone know. But…he is my partner.

“Lance,” I start, standing, and walking to the fridge, “is yes, my father.”

James chuckles, staring at me as I bend over, “Got new tattoo’s…huh?”

I glare at him, snatching a beer, “Perv. And yeah. I did,” I say, leaning against the counter.

Mark still looks surprised but chuckles at James at the same time, “You get special treatment, right, Sel?” He asks, studying me.

I shake my head, “Nah. He treats me like he treats everyone,” I shrug, “I get none of the profit.”

“Well…That must suck…” He mutters, downing the rest of his beer.

I shrug again and don’t respond, James still staring at me, “I’m nineteen, James..” I remind him, “How old are you again?”

“Twenty one,” He replies, his eyes going up to my face.

I nod, “Exactly,” I simply say, plopping down next to Mark and kicking my feet up on the coffee table.

He just smiles and rolls his eyes, “Whatever.”

“Whatever,” I mock in his voice, flashing a smile.

He chuckles and just walks into his room, closing the door and locking it, “What should we do around here? I mean…We should take advantage of this,” I tell Mark, taking a sip of my drink.

People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
— Albus Dumbledore