Young Writers Society

Wanted (Is taken)

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:55 pm
View Likes
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Mark

Selena crosses the room and opens the fridge before responding to my question.

"Lance is yes my father," she says, bending over.

James, chuckling and smiling in a sickly manner, stares at her as she does. Her shirt rides up in the back, revealing a fresh set of tats, and I do my best not to stare as James does.

"Got new tattoos, huh?" James asks.

Selena glares at him, grabbing a beer, "Perv. And yeah, I did."

She leans against the counter and I still try to force the thought of her being Lance's daughter out of my mind.

"You get special treatment, right, Sel?" I ask, studying her.

She shakes her head, "Nah, he treats me like he treats everyone. I get none of the profit."

She shrugs and I down the rest of my beer.

"Well that must suck..." I mutter, thinking about what I'd do if I were her.

She shrugs once more and doesn't say anything. James' eyes are still glued to her, particularly her lower backside, and I shake my head at him. Thought you were smarter than that, James. Staring at Sel... well, you'll either get beaten to death, or humiliated. Good luck, man.

"I'm nineteen, James," Selena reminds him, "How old are you again?"

"Twenty one," James replies, for once breaking his gaze to look her in the eyes.

"Exactly," Selena says.

Plopping at my side, she kicks her feet up on the coffee table and mocks James as he leaves. I flash a smile and shake my head at her, grabbing another beer without getting up and uncapping it.

"What should we do around here?" she asks, "I mean...we should take advantage of this..."

She takes a sip of her drink and I think, looking around.

"Kick back, live the good life... I don't know," I shrug, swigging my beer, "We could always trash the place, have our own personal party. Get drunk and all that sh*t. Stick it to him."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:06 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

Selena

I think about it, "Sounds good. I mean...What's the worst that can happen?"

"The worst that can happen is I tell Lance that you threw a party in my apartment that he paid for!" James chuckles, peeking through the door.

I turn around, "Shut the f*ck up James or I will hurt you in places guys do not want to get hurt in," I threaten.

His eyes widen and he crosses his arms, "Try me."

I raise an eyebrow, Mark chuckling and turning to me, "I dare you to do it."

I shrug, standing, James taking a step back, "I was just kidding, babe."

I freeze, looking at him, "What...did you just call me?"

James runs back into his room and locks the door, freaked out. I nod, plopping back down, "He was smart do to that..." I chuckle, taking a swig of my beer, "We'll throw a party."

Mark nods, "Okay. We can't invite anyone though. Don't wanna get caught."

I sigh, "What about Jonah, Vanessa, Kale and Eve and all them? I mean, they work with us."

"Do you want the party to be on T.V?" He looks at me, "It'll be an international criminal meeting. The government will sure as hell find out...and sure enough come to it."

I lean back, thinking, "True. Um..." I sigh, "Personal party it is," I chuckle, standing and walking to the mini bar to mix my beer with something.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

82 Reviews

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:01 pm
View Likes

Mark

She and James go at it. I just sit back and watch, chuckling when she threatens to hit him in the worst place possible. His eyes widen and I shake my head at him, looking at Selena.

"I dare you to do it," I say.

Selena stands and James shrinks back.

"I was just kidding, babe," he retreats.

She freezes and looks at him as my own mind goes about thinking of my own love life..somehow mixing it with hers.

"What...did you just call me?" she asks.

James just bolts into his room and locks the door. I chuckle and down half my beer as Selena comes to sit at my side again.

"He was smart to do that..." she chuckles, swigging her own beer, "We'll throw a party."

I nod, "Okay. We can't invite anyone though. Don't wanna get caught."

"What about Jonah, Vanessa, Kale and Eve and all them? I mean, they work with us," she asks, sighing.

"Do you want the party to be on T.V?" I look at her, eyebrow raised, "It'll be an international criminal meeting. The government will sure as hell find out...and sure enough come to it."

Not the first party they'd crashed either...

Selena leans back and sighs again.

"True. Um... personal party it is," she chuckles.

She jumps up and struts over to the minibar, mixing her drinks. Watching her, I smile and follow in wait of a drink myself.

"What's the worst thing that's ever happened drunk?" I ask, sitting on the counter halfway there, "I'll answer if you do."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:02 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

Selena

I think for a second at his question.

When was the last time I got drunk? Oh yeah. Yesterday.

I sigh, "I was on a job with Jonah. He wanted to throw a party, but I was to lazy to get up or anything so I just drank, and drank, and drank..." I smile, "Then...he pulled me into a bedroom. Don't remember anything else."

He stares at me, "You slept with...Jonah? He's nineteen like you, right?"

I nod, "Think so."

"Wow..." He chuckles, "Was it a dare or did you just do it?"

"Just did it. I don't know how he got me to do it, but it was weird," I think about it some more, "He's you're best friend...right? Gives you lots of info on jobs?"

He nods slowly, "Jonah is, yeah."

This is awkward.

"Okay then..." I chuckle, handing him a drink and taking a sip of mine, "What about you? What's the worst thing that's happened drunk?"

82 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:15 pm

Mark

Jonah? She slept with him? My best friend slept with her?

"Was it a dare or did you just do it?" I ask.

"Just did it. I don't know how he got me to do it, but it was weird," she replies, pausing to think about it, "He's your best friend...right? Gives you lots of info on jobs?"

I nod slowly, sighing.

"Jonah is, yeah," I reply.

Well...it's questionable now. He didn't freaking tell me...

A few moments of silence pass by before she hands me a drink and sips on hers. I take a deep breath and sip mine, waiting for the break of the awkward tension in the room.

"Okay then..." she chuckles, "What about you? What's the worst thing that's happened drunk?"

I think, flashing a smile when I remember.

"Jonah, the guys, and a few girls we each brought were playing strip poker..." I start, shaking my head at the memory, "We all were wasted beyond our minds and half...not clothed. So, to spice up the shindig, I jumped on the table with Jonah and a girl and we pretended we were... hired for a certain guilty pleasure."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:28 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

Selena

Just staring at him, I chuckle a little bit, "Wow."

Already half drunk, I sigh and lean against the counter again, running a hand through my hair, "Bet you had fun."

He chuckles and nods and I flash a smile, "You...Are a weird person."

"You are too," He nudges me.

I slap his arm away, "Don't touch me."

"Fiesty," He mutters, flashing a smile.

Shaking my head at him, I slide atop the bar and sigh, downing the rest of my drink and making another.

"You know, my dad doesn't know I drink," I grin, "That's how awesome I am."

"You do it constantly," He studies me, "How could he not know?"

"'Cause I'm just awesome like that..." I repeat, my head going fuzzy as I blink a couple times.

"But...I could never imagine Jonah...Doing something like that," I say, looking at him, "The strip poker thing."

82 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:42 pm
View Likes

Mark

Selena slides atop the bar beside me and downs the rest of her drink. Making another, she grins and appears nearly drowned in the alcohol.

"You know, my dad doesn't know I drink," she says, "That's how awesome I am."

"You do it constantly," I study her, confused, "How could he not know?"

"'Cause I'm just awesome like that..." she slurs.

I watch as she blinks a couple times, nearly swaying side to side.

"But...I could never imagine Jonah...doing something like that," she says, looking at me, "The strip poker thing."

I flash a smile and shrug, downing my drink. My head spins a bit, fuzzy, and I compose my thoughts enough to respond.

"We were drunk...or getting there," I tell her, "His judgement was impaired. Besides, he's one of the best at the game. He had nothing to worry about. Me, on the other hand... I was down to nearly nothing before the third deal..."

I make myself another drink and sigh, looking at her.

"Do you...like Jonah?" I ask, "You've talked about him a lot today..."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:13 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

Selena

I study him at his question, "What?" I take a sip of my drink, "No. Hella no."

He waits a moment before nodding and I sigh, laying down on the counter and bringing my hand to my forhead, closing my eyes for a second.

Mark looks at me, "You alright?"

I nod slowly, "I feel wasted."

"That makes two of us," He chuckles.

I open my eyes and blink a couple times, my body numb.

James comes out of his room, seeing me on the counter and he pokes me before chuckling, "You feel that?"

I look over at him, "Feel what?"

"Wow," He shakes his head, walking into the kitchen.

"What?" I sit up, falling off the counter. Chuckling, I stand and stumble right into mark and we fall, me landing atop him, and I pass out.

82 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:16 pm
View Likes

Mark

Why did I ask that question?

I nod and watch her lay down on the counter, covering her forehead with her hand. Selena's eyes close and I sigh, downing the rest of my drink.

"You alright?" I ask.

She nods slowly, "I feel wasted."

I chuckle, "That makes two of us."

She opens her eyes and blinks a bit before James comes out of his room. He pokes Selena and chuckles.

"You feel that?" he asks.

"Feel what?" she looks at him.

I tune out the rest, dazing out for a moment with images I'm not sure I wanted to see. Selena bumps into me and knocks us both to the ground, landing atop me. Her head lays on my chest before she passes out. I lay there a moment, just watching her, before scooping her up and staggering to the couch. Setting her down, I curl up at her feet and pass out as well.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:27 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

Selena

What the...

Waking, I find the sun shining in the open windows. Mark at my feet, I feel like I'm about to double over. Crossing my arms over my stomach, I find one of my boots off and my hair a mess.

Not able to hold it in, I bolt up and stumble to the bathroom, doubling over. Leaning against, and sliding down the wall when finished, I take my sore head in my hands.

I feel like...I felt...In highschool...when i went to that party... and someone...put something in my drink. That...was not a fun expierience.

My thoughts numbing in and out of my head, I swallow before looking up and pushing myself off the grouund. I check the time and realize theres only thirty more minutes until we have to catch the stupid private jet. I'll clean up on the plane... Making myself some breakfast, I turn on some music and take a deep breath.

82 Reviews

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:33 pm
View Likes

Mark

I wake to a pounding headache, music blaring somewhere in the apartment. Cradling my head, I sit up and look around for where it's coming from. I find Selena in the kitchen and stand, turning the radio off.

"God...why do you have to do that so early in the morning?" I slur, staggering into the bathroom.

She replies, but I don't hear it, the music coming back on. Shaking my head, I wash my face and stare at myself in the mirror. My eyes are bloodshot and sunken in, usual hangover appearance.

When I finish, I sigh and step back out into the kitchen, turning the radio off again.

"Seriously," I say, hopping on the counter, "I have a huge hangover. So loud."

I lean against the cabinets behind me and close my eyes, blocking out her response.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:34 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

Selena

Sighing, I look at Mark. Wow. He looks worse then me.

Not caring, I turn the music back on, and sit down on the counter across from him, eating my breakfast. James comes out of his room, yawning, and sees the eggs I made.

"Ooh! Eggs!" He runs oover but I trip him, having him burn his arm on the stove.

"Those are mine," I spat, yawning.

He swears, standing and shaking his arm out, "What the hell?"

I shrug again and sigh, finishing my food, "The jet gets here in around fifteen minutes...right?" I ask.

He nods, "Yeah."

"Great," I sigh, bringing my hand to my forehead to relief of the humongous headache. James puts some ice to his arm, swearing again when the cold hits his skin.

I chuckle at him, "Am I allowed to get ready on the plane? I mean, will there be enough room?" I ask.

He shrugs, "I think so. he jet is pretty big. So...I guess," He sighs.

I nod before running a hand through my hair and standing, "I'm heading to the roof to wait for it," I grab my bag, yawning as I make sure I have everything, not that I'd remember.

82 Reviews

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Mark

I groan through everything before standing and getting my bag. Dressing, I wash my face again and follow Selena up to the roof. The light burns my eyes, my hangover killing me, and I make sure my sunglasses cover them to the best of their ability. I drop my bag at the top and cross my arms, wanting to go back to sleep.

"So... Egypt. Fun," I mumble, trying to start a conversation.

"Ever been there? Lance said something..." she responds.

I sigh and look down, closing my eyes.

"Yeah, once... Lance sent me on a similar job," I reply, "It didn't go so well, let's just put it that way. I'm not looking forward to heading back."

Before she can respond, the jet appears in the distance and we clear to the very edge of the roof. The vehicle lands but stays on, the door on the side opening and a staircase being pulled from it. I follow Selena up, sure she'd want to be the leader on this once again, and sit in the first leather seat I can find.

Sighing, I set my bag down and buckle up. I close my eyes and remember the last time in Egypt, cringing every time I see that face...
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:03 pm
PixieStix says...

Selena

Mark follows me up and stands beside me in wait for the jet to arrive.

"So...Egypt. Fun," He says sarcastically.

I look at him, "Ever been there? Lance said something..." I respond.

"Yeah, once...Lance sent me on a similar job," He replies, "It didn't go so well, lets just put it that way. I'm not looking foward to heading back."

Before I can respond, the private jet arrives and lands on the building but not turning off. A door opens and a ladder-type-thing gets pulled out. I go up them first, Mark following as he takes the first leather seat he sees. He buckles himself in and closes his eyes. Chuckling, I sit beside him by the window, not bothering to buckle myself in, and look out of it as the plane takes off again.

I've never been a big fan of flights; but I needed to get this mission done to gain my father's upmost trust. He never trusted me with traveling all around the world. I never knew why, either. The clouds pass by us as a flight attendant comes to out seats, offering us a drink. I order a beer, not really in the mood for anything fancy, before looking back out at the open blue sky.

Mark was surprisingly quiet, though he might've been just thinking about what would happen. I remember what my father told me about meeting a guy names Cryo before making our way into the dessert and all that.

Once we land, Mark gets off first and I look around. We were practically in the middle of no where, though I can see a city about a mile away. I check my phone and look at Mark once I get the city we're in, "Welcome to Cairo, Mar."

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
— Joseph Campbell