z

Young Writers Society

Core Heat

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:10 pm
sunwater says...

Prologue

The earth has been heating up for 8 years the water levels have been dropping and no one knows why. Scientist have been trying to find out why the earth's core is getting hotter but they can't find a answer. So the only hope everyone has is to leave the planet and find a new home planet in another solar system. But this is not what happens for some Teenagers they are left behind for some strange reason with nothing. Could this be a accident to is there something in the work that could safe the earth from it's self and they could be the key to that. The four teenagers that where left this is there story what they did.

Reviews: 1
Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:51 pm
TaylorLove says...

Bella, Cameron, Hayden and Cole stare with blank faces at each other. All of them are trying to figure out why they all look so familiar. Not one of them says a word though. They just let their eyes travel around the room in silence. Cameron is starting to become impatient and shakes his leg up and down in the chair. Hayden's eyes watch his legs bounce up and down and starts to become annoyed. She gets up and walks to a corner of the room. All eyes are on her as she walks. She feels the pressure of their eyes and turns around. “Please stop staring at me.” Hayden says.

Most are in shock from hearing the words finally coming out of someones mouth. Cameron stands up, hoping to break such and awkward moment. “We might as well get the introductions out of the way. I'm Cameron.” He says.

Bella looks at him. A sigh of relief comes out of her mouth. “Bella.” She says.

Hayden walks back over to the group. “I'm Hayden.” She says.

Cole eyes Cameron. There is a feeling of power struggle that hovers over the two. “Cole.” he says.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

5 Reviews

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:29 am
sunwater says...

Careron looked around where they where and all he saw was dark grey concrete wall with one metal door."So do any of you know why we are here together in this room?" he asked look at the other. They all looked as curious as he was and well looking at each other until Bella said something.
" how did we get here all I remember is getting on the ship to leave. a man came up to me said I have to have this shot of stuff before we left i think it was a sleeping drug what about you Cole?"
"Well I was just walking home and I felt a pain in my back when everything went black and I woke up here" Cole said

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:35 pm
TaylorLove says...

Cameron looked to Hayden so she could speak before him. ''I was walking out of the front door and a man injected something into my arm.'' Hayden said.

'' I was walking to the ship with my mom and then I was here." Cameron says. He begins to get frustrated as he thinks of his family. His hands start to shake and his face turns red. All of a sudden, a fire starts in an empty chair. ''What the heck?"
-Winnie the Pooh

5 Reviews

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:00 am
sunwater says...

Everyone looks at Cameron somehow knowing it was him that set fire to the chair "What the heak?"
"How did you do that? it is so cool" said Cole.
"I don't know I just got mad and that just happened" he said pointing at the burned chair.
"What you mean that you have never done that before?" Hayden asked.
"No I have never this is new I have all ways liked fire and playing with it because for some reason it does not burn me"said Cameron.
"Maybe that's why you are here and maybe we have something like that we all could be special in some way" said Bella quietly.
"Bella I think you could be on to something but we don't know. So does any have anything you are good at or are close to" said Hayden.
"Well I was in grade 2 we did a thing with growing beans and my bean grow faster then the others and after that I started to do grow plants as a hobby and I loved it could that be a clue" said Bella.
"Well that could be. my mother said I was a natural swimmer when every one was aloud to swim in water" Hayden said then looked at Cole.
"What! all I was know for was fighting and the only reason I was good was I had speed on my side and now one was every fast enough to hit me does that help you?" Cole asked looking at Hayden.
"Well that does help Cole because I have come up with a theory on what the powers could be. The theory is the four element that make the world are under are control" Hayden explained.
"So what is my element smarty pants" Cole said.
"Well if I am correct it would be air and that's the reason for your unnatural speed boost and Bella your would be earth leaving me with water" said Hayden.
"Ok I think we should get out of here and see where we are?" suggested Cameron after being so quiet.
We all agreed and set out the door to a dark star filled sky but the air was still hot and we all looked at Cole.
"Why are you looking at me?" he asked.
"Well I think you should try cooling down the air please and see what you can do" said Hayden.
"Ok I'll try I don't know if I can" Cole said and closed his eye and looked like he was trying to concentrate and the air changed slowly."There are you happy now?" he said in a snippy tone.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:29 am
TaylorLove says...

Hayden, rolling her eyes at Cole, crosses her arms. "Yes thanks."she says."Cameron we already know you can do, Bella can you try to grow something?" Hayden asked.

"I can try, but I make no promises." Bella says. He gets in her knees and touches the ground. "There is not water here, it will suck the life right out of the plant." She says.

"Um I can try something, but I do not know if it will work." Hayden said. She takes a small amount of dirt in her hand and closes it. She takes a deep breath in and when she exhails, the dirt turns to water. "Wow." She says to her self. She places her hand on the ground and the dirt becomes wet.

"Perfect." Bella says. She places her hand on the wet spot and when she moves it, a green patch begins to grow. "Okay now that we know what we can do, why are we the only ones left?"

Everyone looks to Hayden. "Wait why does everyone think I know?" She asks

"Your the Smarty pants, remember?" Cole say crossing his arms.

"Just because I am smart, that does not mean I know all the answers." Hayden spits

''Well it would be really helpful if you did." He says.

"Okay you two enough. This is getting out of hand. Well we know now that we have these powers, don't you think it is common sense to use them?" Cameron says.

"Think about it. It earth is drying up from the heat. Running out of water, plant life and can't stant the heat. We can help. Us eour powers to save Earth." Cameron says.

While Cameron was talking, Cole and Hayden begin to exchange look. Hayden smiles and so does Cole. "Hello." Cameron says.

They snap out of it. "That would make sense." Hayden says
-Winnie the Pooh

5 Reviews

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:23 pm
sunwater says...

Spoiler! :
I don't have any ideas about what to write next so do more if you want.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:50 pm
TaylorLove says...

Bella looks from Cole to Hayden and instantly knows they are going to fall for each other sooner or later. I smiles, holding her laugh in, and looks at the plant that was growing. She places her hand on it and it grows a flower. She smiles at the sight. “I think we need someone to rely on. Like a leader of some sort.” Bella says.

“Why would we do that?” Cole asks is a snippy tone.

“Well we need to be organized. Doing everything our own way does not work so well. Believe me, I know.” Bella says.

“I think it is working just fine the way it is.” Cole says crossing his arms.

Bella rolls her eyes and sets her hands on her hips. “It think it would be a good idea.” Hayden says in a soft voice, feeling a little awkward.

Cole looks at her and drops his arms. “Now that I think about it, it would be a good idea.” Cole says looking at Hayden and smiling.

“It is fine with me, so who is going to be the leader?” Cameron asks.

“Not me.” Bella says. “Not good with stuff like that.” she says.

“I think you should Cameron.” Hayden says.

“Is that okay with you Cole?” Cameron asks him.
-Winnie the Pooh

5 Reviews

Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:51 am
sunwater says...

"Ya it's ok, just tell me what we are doing next" said Cole.
"It's settled Cameron is the leader, now what is the first thing we are going to do?" asked Hayden.
"Well we can try looking for food or" looking at Bella "grow it , Bella?"
"Hayden water please and I'll let it rain fruit anyone want to give me a idea on what they want?" Bella asked.
"What about pears and apples" said Cole.
"Ok " bella but both her hands on the ground and two tree's started to grow at a fast speed. The Apples and Pears started to fall off and hit the ground Bella looked so happy for herself.
"How did you know you could do that?"asked Cameron with amazement.
"Well when i first used my power I kind of a had a knowing" Bella explained.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:14 am
TaylorLove says...

They all sit on the ground and begin to eat the fruit. Hayden draws a heart in the sand and it instantly turns into water. It sinks into the ground as she takes a bite of her apple. “You you knew you had a power, or you just though you could do something special. I mean I did not know I had a power until today.” Hayden says. She suddenly looks up and see the sky has turned dark.
-Winnie the Pooh

5 Reviews

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:35 pm
sunwater says...

"Well no what I mean is that when I used my power just before this" pointing at the trees. "When I grow the flower there was a moment when i know i had the powers to do this" explained Bella.
"I wonder if I can make a tornado or something cool, Hayden can you make me some water I want to try something" asked Cole.
"Ok what shape do you want?" asked Hayden.
"What about a tear drop please"said Cole.
Hayden made a tear drop shape in the sand and put her hand on it and it turned to water. Cole quickly ran over and put his hand right above the water and it started to freeze over into ice then picked it up.Cole looked so happy and gave the tear drop to Hayden and smiled then walked to the tree and leaded on it looking at the dark sky.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:52 pm
TaylorLove says...

Hayden smiled as Cole gave her the tear drop. Bella and Cameron exchanged looks and rolled there eyes. For once the air was chilly and was not burning the flesh off their bodies. Bella and Cameron started to go to sleep, but Hayden and Cole were still up. Not one of them knew what to say to the other, so they just sat there.
-Winnie the Pooh

fun fact i hear my evil twin once wrote a story about a hacker who used the name fyshi33k bc there are 33k-ish species of fish and she liked phishing so fyshi-33k made sense but then she got super embarrassed when someone forced her to explain
— VyperShadow