z

Young Writers Society

Blackened Moonlight (Taken)

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:21 pm
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Luke

She knocks the wounded huntress out and loots her short sword along with all the arrows from the three. Examining the bow, she takes that too, keeping it with the one I stole from the palace basement. I stay silent, not up for talking right now, and wonder where we're to go next.

"Well then, we should be set in terms of weapons. I got enough arrows that could last a very, very long time," she says.

I still don't speak, not wanting to take part in that conversation, and watch as she drags the huntresses one by one into the cave.

Ruthless warrior, kindhearted person.

I shake thoughts like that off and look away from her, focusing on what happens next. She comes back out moments later and crouches before the tracks, examining them. Watching, I take note in how the system works and try to piece together what she concludes from looking at them.

"Seems like the hunter encampment is further down the mountain, probably at the base where we'll spot them and maybe say hello while we're at it," she says.

I inwardly groan and sigh out loud instead.

"What is it with you and the hunters?" I ask, slightly annoyed by this obsession of hers, "It's one thing to wound some strays out of self defense, but now you're going to attack them at their camp?"

She stands and returns my irritated look before glancing away at the distance, as if the very sight of me made her blood boil. My own temper flares at this, but quickly extinguishes as she begins walking away. Her shoulders slump slightly as she does, conveying...a lower emotion than anger. I catch up with her without a word, paying attention to her body language instead.

"You wouldn't like it if you got ignored by your mom now would you?" she asks.

Oh...so that's what this is about.

We say nothing the rest of the way down, the both of us wrapped in our own thoughts. My mind can't stop dwelling on my own mother, who surely thinks I'm a lost cause by now or that I'm dead. I glance at Ana for a moment, thinking.

I guess we're the same...nearly. Your mother ignores you, mine thinks I'm gone forever. Her Hunters are out to kill you, my father would sooner see me dead than accept me back in the Underworld without consequence. We're floating...alone, but we're exactly the same.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:02 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Ana Moonlight

Luke follows behind me as we walk, it was silent for the most part as we walked I sooner or later look back at Luke and see his expression had soften to almost sadness. I kept waking until we came into a track interval, three sets of tracks the three strays headed the way we came. A set going up the mountain and a set that goes down the mountain, I looked at both ways and couldn't which one was more recent, I crouch down and take a closer look at them.

"Which way you thick they went?" I ask.

"Why you asking me?" He replies.

"It'd be nice to have an opinion, besides the tracks are going down the mountain." I said.

If it was the one good thing about being the daughter of the moon goddess, not only was I blessed with great power, but perfect bearings when it came to hunting. And sure enough it was paying off here, we continue down the mountain following the tracks. I looked around seeing wild life, but didn't bother as it was still day light, a few hours of walking down the mountain the sun was setting in the distance and I saw a camp not to far from here. I pull Luke aside and into a tree as I watched the people inside, and sure it enough the Hunters of Artemis were the occupants of the camp.

"Well how about that, we found there camp." I said.

"What are you planning?" Luke asked giving me a cold look.

"What? I wasn't planning anything, yet." I say with an innocent look.

He looks at me suspiciously as I look out and into the camp eyeing all the armed hunters and looking for the moonlight silver tiara as I soon spot it in the distance on a hunter that was commanding people around. Shes talking to an image of Artemis and soon makes a face of displeasure as she gets some news about something, I plan as I need to as I soon take off the hunter bow and pull an arrow.

"Luke, see the girl with the tiara on her head? That marks leadership of the pack of hunters. Artemis has well over twenty-thousand hunters at her command, so see needs generals, leaders to command a pack of a hundred or so hunters."

"Meaning were in way over our heads." He interrupts.

"Well, I have a plan. But I was hoping you could summon up some skeletons for some help." I said.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

82 Reviews

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:54 pm
View Likes

Luke

We don't speak the rest of the way down, caught within ourselves instead. Ana glances back, having taken the lead, just once but I don't acknowledge her gaze, looking away. She soon turns back around and I wonder what she is thinking. We keep walking, no exchange of words taking place.

She pauses at a interval of tracks, crouching down and more closely examining them. I merely stop where I stand and wait, being of no help in this situation.

Tracking souls, easy. They leave a deeper trail. Tracking living beings, not my forte. Too delicate of a matter that I've overlooked.

"Which way do you think they went?" she asks after a moment.

I don't answer right away, confused as to what help I could be.

"Why you asking me?" I ask.

"It'd be nice to have an opinion, besides the tracks are going down the mountain," she replies.

Confused, I just follow her further down the rock face and hope she inherited the hunting skills her mother apparently had. Soon enough, we come across a camp in the distance and stop. Ana pulls me aside and into a tree as I add extreme paranoia and caution to my list of her perceived traits.

"Well how about that, we found their camp," she says.

I suppress a sigh and look at her, sure my expression is as cold as the air around us.

"What are you planning?" I ask.

"What? I wasn't planning anything, yet," she replies, looking as innocent as ever.

I study her, suspicious, but press no further as she looks back at the camp. Following her gaze, I take in the image of armed hunters and people wearing...tiaras?

Well...I guess she wasn't kidding about that part.

One of them is speaking with an image of the moon goddess, someone I've only seen once, though not in person. The sight perplexes me and I keep watching, wondering what causes the soon coming look of displeasure. Part of me hopes it is what we did, but the other hopes it is someone else's screw up.

If the other gods and goddesses are anything like my father, I'm not so sure I want part in this shenanigan.

"Luke, see the girl with the tiara on her head?" Ana whispers a few seconds later, breaking me out of my thoughts, "That marks leadership of the pack of hunters. Artemis has well over twenty-thousand hunters at her command, so she needs generals, leaders to command a pack of a hundred or so hunters - "

"Meaning we're in way over our heads," I interrupt, narrowing my eyes at her.

Two against a hundred or so hunters? What in Hades name is she thinking?

"Well, I have a plan," she says, "But I was hoping you could summon up some skeletons for some help."

I study her again, unsure as her motives.

"They work best at dark," I tell her, looking back at the camp, "To get their full effect, we should wait until nightfall. Then, I'll summon up twenty or so. Any more than that and I'll be left catatonic. As much fun as that was the last time, I think I'd rather stay responsive while you take on an army of hunters."

I glance back at her.

"Though...I have a feeling you won't need much help," I state, remembering what she said about a full moon.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

50 Reviews

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:14 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Ana Moonlight

My jaw tightens at his words and suddenly I remember that the full moon is tonight, I take a shaky breath and look at Luke and I see he was stunned by the hunters and what they were doing. I snap my fingers and quickly get his attention, I give him a look that hopefully knows what I'm about to say.

"If it comes down to me having to use my power during the full moon, you must ask you to promise me something." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"If it comes down to it and I use my power, then promise me you'll keep my body safe for three days and three nights." I asked.

He seemed stunned at me asking him to keep me safe, I waited for an answer and keep my serious look as I wait for him he nods and I stand and walk forward ready to face the hunters head on. When they took notice of us a lot of them pulled weapons, bow and arrow's, short swords, knives, anything to defend themselves with. The girl with the tiara didn't look to happy to see me, she stood and waved the image of the goddess away disconnecting from here.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the daughter of our mistress back from the underworld so soon like any?" The woman asked.

She waved her hand and gave a silent command, the hunters lower there weapons and Luke came to my side. The girls looked at Luke and they sneered at him, they were Hunters of Artemis, so it was only natural they do that. I resist the urge to grab at my swords and start fighting how long we could go before all of Hades breaks out, I don't know.

"I'm not little, I'm not a child anymore." I declared.

"That's right, your not a child anymore. I have a propitiation for you, child of Artemis. Join us Hunters, swear off that boy companion of your's and join us. If you do, your mother will love you once you do, climb the ranks and finally meet your mother on equal grounds." She said.

Her words were like music I looked down uncertain of what to do, I think uncertain of how to answer or if this is right thing to do. Abandon Luke and join the hunters, or fight and stay with Luke. I look at him uncertain of what to say or do. I look back at the ground, until I hear it, Luke cries out and I see him fall to one knee and see the arrow in his back.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

82 Reviews

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:50 pm

Luke

Ana snaps her fingers to get my attention and I look at her, finding an almost grave look upon her face.

"If it comes down to me having to use my power during the full moon, I must ask you to promise me something," she says.

I study her before responding, "What?"

"If it comes down to it and I use my power, then promise me you'll keep my body safe for three days and three nights," she replies.

I furrow my brow, a little confused as to whether this meant she trusted me or if it was just precautionary seeing as I've been the only person she's come across in the past day or so who hasn't tried to kill her.

Probably a mixture of both...the second more likely than the first.

Nodding, I watch as she stands and walks to the camp. It takes me a moment but I follow after taking a deep breath. Each and every one of the hunters drew their weapons in defense, and the main one practically scowls at Ana as she wisps the image of the moon goddess away.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the daughter of our mistress back from the underworld so soon like any?" she asks.

She waves her hand, a command given I assume, and the hunters lower their weapons. I reach Ana's side, my hand resting on the hilt of my sword, and try to forget the uneasy feeling bubbling up in my stomach. They sneer at me and my skin crawls, burning underneath. I wish for my cloak in that moment, so that I may hide within.

"I'm not little. I'm not a child anymore," Ana declares.

"That's right, you're not a child anymore. I have a propitiation for you, child of Artemis. Join us Hunters, swear off that boy companion of your's and join us. If you do, your mother will love you once you do, climb the ranks and finally meet your mother on equal grounds," the leader proposes.

No... I did not come all this way to be thrown in the background once more.

Ana looks down before glancing at me, uncertainty masking her expression. I resist the urge to shake my head, just tightening my jaw and staring back at her. When she breaks eye contact, so do I.

Just as she faces the ground again, the quick wisp of an arrow sounds and I cry out, dropping to one knee. A mixture of extreme heat and bitter cold bite at my shoulder, and when i glance back I find the arrow that I'd heard sticking out from it.

Dammit. A great help I'll be now...if she chooses to fight still.

She looks back at me and I make eye contact with her once more, only allowing few emotions to slip through my gaze.

I helped you. It's only fair...
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

50 Reviews

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:23 am
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Ana Moonlight

I look at Luke an arrow sticking out of his shoulder, I get to one knee and look the expression on his face. Fear, despair, hate, sadness, a few of the emotions I saw, I helped Luke out and pulled the arrow out of his shoulder.

"Get some ambrosia and nectar in you, can you still summon the undead?" I whisper to him.

He nods, I take his arm around my shoulder's and carry him over to a near by tree. Dropping my things next to him, I give the hunters a grave look, one that would tell them to stay away. I see Etna giving a furious expression to one of her hunters as the one soon runs off, the moon was a short few minutes from peaking over the trees. I had to work fast, I look to Luke as he was regaining strength again.

"Summon up some undead, hopefully an armies worth of undead." I said.

"Right." he said.

He puts his hands up and focuses and suddenly five cracks in the ground open and five soldiers all from seemingly different eras, a red coat from Britain, a spartan from Greece, a american revolutionist, an native american, and a marine from this time. I look at it interestingly, it'd work. I stood letting Luke get at the ambrosia and neuter, with my swords out it all happens at once.

"Attack!" Luck orders.

The five skeletons and me all charge in for a fight with the hunters, I ignore all the other hunters and head after the one that really matters. She realizes I'm coming after her and bolts up drawings swords , I go into a wiralwind of attacks continually pushing her back into the shade of the trees. I kick her into the covering and out of the light of the moon.

"If we fight, we do this right." I said.

She stands and moves into a fighting stance, as I do the same. No power of the moon for me, this would be my test to see if I could truly defeat the hunters. I just hope Luke can keep on defense until I have defeated the leader.
Last edited by KingLucifer on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

82 Reviews

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:11 am
View Likes

Luke

Ana drops to one knee as well and looks into my eyes before pulling the arrow out of my shoulder. I bite my lip to keep from crying out further.

"Get some ambrosia and nectar in you, can you still summon the undead?" she whispers.

I nod, though I know I can't bring out as many as I previously promised. She wraps one of my arms around her shoulders and carries me to a tree near by, dropping all her things at my side. Her swords still in hand, she looks over the hunters and glares at them as I sip on the canteen of nectar and take a few bites of the ambrosia I'd fished out of the bag. Once I've regained enough strength, I set the healing properties aside and look up at her as she turns to me.

"Summon up some undead, hopefully an armies worth of undead," she orders.

"Right," I reply, lifting my hands.

I close my eyes and slip into focus, not daring them to open until I hear the crack of the earth nearby us. Only five appear, each from a different time period. Satisfied with them myself, I glance up at Ana for her approval and hope she'll need no more than the marine, spartan, revolutionist, red coat, and native American.

They should work for her. Each has different means of attack. Element of surprise when put together.

She stands but says nothing, swords out. I take that as an okay and draw a deep breath before releasing my hold on the soldiers.

"Attack!" I order, watching with pride as they begin to lash out.

Ana charges forward as well, specifically headed for the leader. I bring out the nectar and ambrosia again and watch everything unfold, very aware of the moon rising above us and what Ana said about it. She disappears with the leader though, and I focus more on making sure my skeleton platoon stays put. Realizing where Ana went with the leader, i set up a defense line along the trees and push back the hunters from it, only losing one along the way. Once it falls, I draw another to replace it and continue at this, draining myself as quickly as I'm regaining strength.

As long as they keep the hunters away from Ana and her battle, we're good. Time is on my side this time.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

50 Reviews

Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:22 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Ana Moonlight

Time seemed to slow down between me and her, we charged after each other. Our swords clashed with bitter rivalry, we swung at each other with hatred that would an fuel eons worth of fighting. The intense battle went on for seemingly a long time, I try to kick her but miss, I swing the Stygian iron sword to cover my opening. And just as quickly we go back and forth in our bitter war against each other, I could almost feel what she was going to do next. I catch her in the stomach and move my swords into a downwards position to stab downwards. I miss as she jumps away from me, she falls to one knee and so do I, we breath heavily as we were both exhausted from our fighting.

We both stood again, eager to continue our battle as time felt so slow for us. I'm sure I wasn't the only one feeling it, we charge each other and soon our swords clash again. Our renewed determination clashing as the might of the leader of the hunters is met by the might of the Artemis' daughter. After a time when we became exhausted again. I stammer forward as I could feel the physical strain taking its toll on me. And just as much as on her, even tho neither of us had suffered any wounds from each other. I fall to my knees unable to keep going, I see the hunter who hasn't fallen yet. She passes me, surprised she hadn't chosen to finish me off.

I collapse as she makes her way back to her hunters, unable to defeat her I send a silent prayer to the god of war to allow Luke to defeat the hunters of Artemis. For I fear for his life if he is unable to win in the end, I pray to every god that will hopefully allow Luke to live even if he is defeated. Now more than ever I wish I could use my mothers power to recover my lost strength, to save Luke I needed someone to help him.

82 Reviews

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Luke

Minutes pass and my strength returns, though fatigue is quick to follow. The fight seems endless until the leader of the hunters comes stumbling out of the forest and signals something to the rest. As if a swarm of locusts were chasing them, the group takes off in the other direction.

I bring myself to stand, watching, and don't let the undead disappear until the leader collapses as soon as she gets to the clearing.

If she's....Where's Ana?

I ignore the dull ache in my shoulder and draw my sword, stepping into the cover of trees. My arm relaxes and I drop my sword when I find her. Falling to my knees beside her, I check her vitals and realize she's awake.

"You alright?" I ask, relieved.

It just appears she's exhausted, but I check her over for wounds anyways. I don't wait for her to answer, heading back to the bag and dragging it back. Uncapping the canteen, I bring the nectar to her lips and sit her up, hoping this will do enough to bring her back to normal.

I glance around as she drinks from the nectar and hand her the bag of ambrosia. Nothing seems out of place. All of the hunters are nowhere to be seen. Were we safe for now? Was that possible?

"I'm fine... just need to sleep," she replies.

She passes out and I glance back at her, sighing. I pack up the bag again and set it under her head for a pillow, hoping this was short term.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

50 Reviews

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:44 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Ana Moonlight

My eyes blink open as I sit up tired, I yawn as I look around. It was day light out now, and the full moon had passed and I was not caught in the light of it all. I looked around and saw Luke resting under a tree, I get up but don't bother him. Walking into the clearing where the hunters fought the undead, doesn't look like anyone had lost there lives. But the camp itself was gone. No use in trying to scavenge for anything, I go back over to Luke seeing his expression of pain across his face. I got my bow and arrows and swords where they belong, ensuring everything was in place.

I sit down in front of him even tho he was still dreaming, I touch his face with my and again it seemed to stop the pain in his dreams. I wonder what he was dreaming about most nights, mine had been dreamless but his seemed almost full of pain. But now as I caressed his face it turned into something sweeter more calm and pleasant, his eyes soon opened to a fierce look but soon turned more friendly.

"Well, well sleepyhead your awake." I said.

"Yea? What happened to you last night?" He asked.

"Physical strain became to much, even with the nectar and ambrosia I would need rest." I said.

He stood brushing himself off as he grabbed the bag, and now we were off again in a random direction to who knows where. Maybe if I had a compose I could figure out which way camp was, I walked with Luke as I scanned for any sort of trail or which way the hunters may have gone. I folded my arms as something in Lukes stare told me something wasn't right, I could see it.

"So how did you sleep?" I ask.

82 Reviews

Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:59 pm

Luke

Ominous laughter booms in the distance, everything cold and dark around me. My eyes open, though I hadn't realized they'd been closed, and I find myself in the center of the Underworld. Souls drift around me, moaning and wailing as they always do, but don't notice anything. Cerberus bounds around in the distance, but it's as if I'm nonexistent to all.

All but one, that is. A cloaked figure appears before me, his hood only allowing the bottom half of his face to show. A smirk tightly blesses his lips as he looks at me.

"Father had always been right about you,' his voice echoes, 'You weren't worth saving. I have no clue why he did.'

A blink and he's closer, the scene changed to the pits of Tartarus. My arms are chained behind my back and there's nowhere for me to avoid this. His fingers painfully trace my scar, burning as if he was the one to control ash or fire.

'Leave me, Renn,' I grumble, 'If i'm not worth it, why are you here?'

He chuckles again, removing his hand.

'Because this is a dream, dear brother,' his voice echoes again, his image fading in and out, 'And I am at liberty to warn you. This is my kingdom, Luke. Even you can't take that from me.'

The scene fades to black again and is replaced moments later by a starry sky, the pain once felt replaced by comfort and pleasure.

My eyes flutter open to daylight, finding Ana before me and her hand on the side of my face, and I relax my hardened expression to a more neutral approach.

"Well, well sleepyhead you're awake," she says.

"Yeah? what happened to you last night?" I ask, suppressing the urge to blush and break eye contact with her.

"Physical strain became to much, even with the nectar and ambrosia I would need rest," she replies.

I stand, brushing myself off, and grab my bag. Without another word, we set off again. Images from my dream flicker in and out of my head, leaving me absorbed inwardly.

What would Renn want with me now? I haven't seen him since we were younger. Hades separated the two of us.

"So, how did you sleep?" Ana breaks my thoughts.

I glance at her, taking the time to process the question a few times over before answering.

"Fine," I lie, looking back away and crossing my arms tight over my chest.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

50 Reviews

Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:00 am
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Chapter Four: Lukes lies, Ana's suspitions.

Ana Moonlight

"You know, you suck at lying right?" I ask.

"Huh?" He replies.

I narrow my eyes at him as we walked letting a few trees pass by as we go down the mountain, silence setting between us uneasily. The unease look on his face told me he was lying tough his front teeth, something was wrong and I knew it somehow that whatever it was I needed to know right away.

"Your lying, last night in the cave you had a look of anguish and pain then one of pleasure and joy. And now this mourning when I saw you I saw that same look, and right now whatever you have dreamed about hasn't left your mind." I said.

We walked some more as he doesn't reply to me, something felt wrong and instantly my combat senses were heightening as I scanned the area for any enemies for me to pound on to get rid of my annoyance. But nothing unfortunely, the walk had become silent again as I drew closer to Luke, the path becoming more rocky. Luke speed up obviously wanting to put some distance between me and him, I wondered what his problem was?

We finally came across a river, I hadn't realized how thirsty I was until I finally see the water. I run ahead to check the river, there was a set of tracks that looked the same to the hunters. I didn't dare follow, I don't think I could survive another encounter with the hunters. I take off my jacket and then dip my hands into the water and cup them, I splashed water into my face, it felt cool and refreshing. I turn to look who was standing beside me, he didn't look very happy which was normal for most Sons of Hades.

"Do we have anything to hold this water in? Considering there's a lot of fish going down river, I say we follow the river until we either hit a town or a lake." I said.

82 Reviews

Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:23 am
View Likes

Luke

"You know, you suck at lying right?" Ana asks.

I look at her, completely surprised, but quickly turn away.

"Huh?"

I feel her gaze narrow at me as we pass trees on our way down the mountain. Silence overcomes us and I almost wish she would have kept talking. Tightening my arms around my chest, I care less about the emotions I show and more about the uncomfortable tension hanging in the air around us.

"Your lying, last night in the cave you had a look of anguish and pain then one of pleasure and joy. And now this mourning when I saw you I saw that same look, and right now whatever you have dreamed about hasn't left your mind," Ana goes on.

I bite my tongue and refuse to say anything, slightly embarrassed that I show so much while I'm sleeping.

My dreams are mine. I shouldn't have to say what they were composed of if I don't feel like it.

Another silence falls over us and I sense the utmost annoyance from her. Taking a deep breath, I try my best to ignore her and block out everything. The dreams come back though, flashing through my mind as reminders. Ana draws closer as the ground we walk on becomes rockier and the path narrower. I speed up, not wanting to be so close to her obvious annoyance, and compose myself again.

We come across a river and she runs ahead, checking the tracks and water. Slipping off her jacket, she dips her hands in the water and cups them. She slashes water in her face and I lick my lips at the crystalline liquid, my throat as dry as ever. I come to her side, kneeling as I listen to what she suggests, and cup my hands to take a sip of the water.

"Do we have anything to hold this water in? Considering there's a lot of fish going down river, I say we follow the river until we either hit a town or a lake," she says.

"We only have the canteen, which is full of nectar," I tell her, "If we continue on to a town or lake, there's a possibility of getting another or some other container to hold the water in. But for now, we don't. As for your suggestion, a town would be safest, more than likely, but a lake sounds equally as good. Whatever comes."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

50 Reviews

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:29 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Ana Moonlight

"Right then, down the river it is." I said.

After I took a few seconds to dry off, I put my jacket back on and we started back this time following the river, this time Luke seemed slightly less annoyed at me. Which was a good thing to say the least, I looked around and took a deep breath inhaling the fresh air from the trees. I looked around as we walked and saw a lot less wildlife than usual, which was odd to say the least since were in a heavily forested area.

"So, are you coming with me to Camp Half-Blood for a place to stay or you just escorting me there and then go off on your own?" I ask.

He sighs deeply as he continues to walk with me, "I don't know, I guess stay at the camp since I got no where else to go." He says.

We walk for a few seconds but quickly interrupt the silence before it sets in, not wanting things to become awkward between me and him. I turned to him as I walked backwards.

"You know your lucky right?" I ask.

He looks at me with a raised eyebrow as if to wonder what I was getting at, "Not really." He says.

"You were able to know the love a father and a mother and me, I never knew the love of either one." I said.

"Trust me, Hades is not the best father in the world. And my mother, probably thinks I'm dead." He said.

82 Reviews

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Luke

Ana dries off and slips her jacket back on, walking at my side as we follow the river downstream. The moodiness that had been there before must have been swept away with the current, leaving me a lot less bitter and annoyed towards her. She notices, or so it seems, and acts a little more spirited than on our previous walk.

The further we go, the less wildlife appears. The trees thin out, which makes me wonder if this is what truly is considered a forest, and everything else is either dead or sparse. Even to me, child of the god of death, it strikes as odd.

"So, are you coming with me to Camp Half-Blood for a place to stay or you just escorting me there and then going off on your own?" Ana asks, breaking the silence.

I sigh, thinking about it, and take a few seconds to respond.

"I don't know," I say, "I guess stay at the camp since I got nowhere else to go."

Another silence seems destined upon us until she turns towards me and walks backwards.

"You know you're lucky, right?" she asks.

I raise an eyebrow, trying to count the ways that's even possible.

"Not really," I say.

"You were able to know the love of a father and a mother and me, I never knew the love of either one," she says.

I sigh again and shake my head.

"Trust me, Hades is not the best father in the world. And my mother probably thinks I'm dead," I tell her.

You don't know the half of it. I'd give anything to have never left my mother for my father. I'd give anything to have never come across my father at all.

"Life is cruel, but things happen for a reason," I find myself saying, "Consider yourself the lucky one for never having experienced what I have with my own father."

"And what would that be?" she asks, crossing her arms.

I don't answer right away, suppressing the urge to scream out the fact it's none of her business.

"Why don't you take a guess?" I respond instead.

I think it has something to do with your scar," she replies.

She looks closely at me and reaches out to touch it. Before she can, I grab her wrist and hold it there, stopping the both of us.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

As my artist’s statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance.
— Calvin