Young Writers Society

Blackened Moonlight (Taken)

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:55 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Ana Moonlight

He grabs my hand before I could touch his scar, which scared me for a split second. But I could see the expression on his face, and I knew it had something to do with it. He lets go of my hand and I drop it to my side as I could feel some tension in the air, but somehow I knew when to back off, when things were becoming personal to unneeded point. I turned around and continued down the river as I waited for Luke to say anything, if he would.

"Its because I tried to run away from the underworld before, before you had fallen into it." He said.

I was caught by surprise that he had suddenly just said something, when I had totally wasn't expecting him to say anything. I turned back around and stopped in my tracks without going any further as I waited for Luke to catch up, he soon catches up to me as I could see by his softened expression that he could trust me more. And I guess I somehow trust him more.

"I had attempted to run away from the underworld, only to be caught by the underworlds guard dog, Cerberus. I was soon taken back to the palace where my father had given me this scar, it was supposed to remind me of how exactly impossible it is to escape." He said.

"But it isn't impossible, I helped you, we fell though a hole in the backyard of the palace. Not something that is expected." I said.

"Exactly, but chances are, Hades has sent someone to find and bring us back. And that Ana, was what I continue to dream about. Renn is coming for me and you and he's not one to fail our father." He said.

Soon Luke continues walking, and I take a few seconds to let his words sink in and soon I catch up to him. The mood between us had lightened up considerably, and now I knew I could trust Luke with my life since he had made sure other hunters couldn't run interference with my match against that one leader hunter. I smiled at Luke as he looked at me, he seemed surprised. But soon even he started to smile even tho we maybe looking death in the face soon, I breathed deeply.

"Well I guess I owe you one for helping me out with the hunters with you holding them back and all while I fought the leader and all. So come time we have to fight Renn, I'll be there to help you fight off any nasty undead that may come our way." I said.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:53 pm
View Likes
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Luke Vale

I let go of Ana's hand and she drops it to her side, turning around and continuing to walk. Following her, my heart sinks a little in my chest. She'd told me so much...Didn't I owe her enough to explain a bit?

"It's because I tried to run away from the underworld before, before you had fallen into it," I say after a bit, looking anywhere but at her.

Ana stops and turns around, waiting for me to catch up. When I do, we still stay where we are, which builds the tension inside me. I'd much rather be walking it off while I explain, but standing still would have to do.

"I had attempted to run away from the underworld, only to be caught by the underworlds guard dog, Cerberus. I was soon taken back to the palace where my father had given me this scar, it was supposed to remind me of how exactly impossible it is to escape," I continue.

"But it isn't impossible, I helped you, we fell though a hole in the backyard of the palace. Not something that is expected," she argues.

"Exactly," I agree, "but chances are, Hades has sent someone to find and bring us back. And that Ana, was what I continue to dream about. Renn is coming for me and you and he's not one to fail our father."

As long as I don't have to tell her the good dreams... I think I'll be okay, still remain at some level of pride and dignity.

Done explaining, I continue walking. It takes her a few seconds but she catches up. The tension between us is gone, at least as far as I could see. It goes quiet while she thinks on things, looking at me with a smile when she's done. I study her a moment, wondering what could make that smile, before slowly grinning myself.

She takes a deep breath, "Well I guess I owe you one for helping me out with the hunters with you holding them back and all while I fought the leader and all. So come time we have to fight Renn, I'll be there to help you fight off any nasty undead that may come our way."

I flash a smile and shrug, glancing away.

"Thank you," I say after a while.

"No, thank you," she says with a half smile, "I'd still be in the Underworld... Well, I guess we both would if not for you."

"And you," I add.

"Yes, and me," she rolls her eyes.

I smile again and can't help but wish every day of the rest of my life was like this moment. If only we got what we wished for...
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

50 Reviews

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:30 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Chapter Five: We visit the Lake Side Town of Summit

With the knowledge of a new enemy in the midst me and Luke had seemed to grow closer as a team, following the river we eventually are met with a gorgeous sun. And under it was a lake, the lake surface sparkled and in the distance of it I could make out a small lake side town. I looked at Luke as he smiled, just our luck, not only a lake that seemed pure. But a town filled with people hopefully.

"Wow I was hoping for a town or lake but we got both in return, well might as well head around."

"Yea, I could use a proper bed for once." Luke said.

"Same here, lets go!" I urged.

We ran along to the town, while at it I look at the lake once more to take in its beauty. Soon we come to the entrance of the town, which more or less we could have come from either side. I look at a sign as it read Summit: A cozy lake side town in the mountains of the United States That was assuring, we were still in the states and probably not far off from camp. I walk in and catch up with Luke who had gone ahead, something felt wrong. There were people but, they felt lifeless, like they weren't even there. Luke seemed to feel it to since he had slowed down considerable.

"You feel it to don't you?" I ask.

"Yea, something, doesn't feel right about this place. It feels, to lifeless. Like there not even there when they clearly are." He said.

"Yea, I felt it to just coming into this place, come on lets find an inn maybe we could get in for free." I said.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:01 pm
View Likes
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Luke

We come in view of a lake and a wave of relief can't help but wash over me. A small town takes residence in the distance, mountains like the one before surrounding the whole thing. Something eerie chokes the air, and my skin crawls a little.

"Wow I was hoping for a town or lake but we got both in return, well might as well head around," Ana says.

"Yeah, I could use a proper bed for once," I respond, sighing.

"Same here, let's go!" she urges.

We break into a run towards the town, taking in the scenery around us. At the entrance, we stop to read the sign. Something about it feels fake to me, but I shrug it off and continue along. Ana catches up and hopefully realizes what I do.

This place is lifeless.

People crowd the way, but they don't seem at all what would be expected. No children play in the streets, dive in the lake, or scream like they did when I was younger. I come to slow down and wonder what's going on here.

"You feel it too, don't you?" Ana asks.

"Yeah, something, doesn't feel right about this place. It feels, to lifeless. Like there not even there when they clearly are," I reply.

"Yeah, I felt it to just coming into this place, come on lets find an inn maybe we could get in for free," she suggests.

I nod and follow her around, looking for signs of any sort. None seem to hang, directing us where to go at all. A few of the people finally seem to notice us and a crowd gathers. I resist the urge to reach for my sword and glance at Ana, wondering what's going on.

"Outsiders?" someone asks in awe.

"But how...?" another asks.

Outsiders? We are, yes...but why is that such a surprise?
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

50 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:15 pm
KingLucifer says...

Ana Moonlight

It felt so weird being in a town that felt so lifeless, but something was definitly wrong here, I followed behind Luke as we looked around for an inn, after a few minutes of looking around we came across a tavern that had a sign on it that read. Gran and Gramps Inn: Best place to rest in all Summit It seemed convincing enough, we decide to walk in we were met with an old man who looked like he was in his sixties over seventies, and was asleep. We waited a moment but I decided to finally rouse the old man, who took a minute to yawn.

"Well then new customers, it's been ages since we had anyone new." The old man said.

"Umm yes sir, we would like a room" I said.

"Ah, is this your girlfriend buddy? She's a mighty fine lady that she is!" The old man said.

"She's not my girlfriend." Luke replied.

I was shaking my head no, as I considered Luke a friend, but not my boyfriend, and even then I think I would never have a boyfriend. And well thinking on it now, I was thinking of being like my mother and remaining a virgin and boyfriend-less, and then I wasn't to sure on the whole thing. I wondered what Luke thought of me exactly?

"We'll be going." I said.

I head up the stairs, Luke following a few feet behind me, we eventually come into a room that was seriously inviting. I looked at Luke and smiled before heading over to the closest bed, I hadn't noticed the sun going down until now, that was a quick day. Now something was definitely wrong, I looked at Luke and he was seeing it to, we kind of had to choose between rest and investigating, I waited for what he would say.

Poems were like people. Some people you got right off the bat. Some people you just don't get - and never would get.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe