z

Young Writers Society

Lost

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:29 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

He was a young prince, off to find his lovely princess, and his mother was still telling him how to dress and who to be seen with. It was irratating! That foolish princess had gotten herself lost and now he was sent to find her. He was supposed to travel the country with Kyle and she ruined the only freedom he would get to taste.

Insantly he felt bad. The poor girl hadn't asked to vanish. It was his job to find the lost princess. Part of being a good, noble and brave prince and all that crap.

"Malachi," his mother chided softly. "Don't slump in your seat like some sort of peasant. Back straight, chin up."

His only response to her was a glare and to slump farther down in his seat, crossing his arms.

"Honestly," she said, eyes flashing. "What did I do to deserve such a resistant son! Your sister listens eagerly in order to make herself a proper young lady. She's only thirteen. How old are you Malachi?"

Malachi inhaled deeply and closed his eyes. As he exhaled his mother got up and turned on her heel, out of the throne room, leaving him with the servants. Their bored eyes told everyone that fights like this were very common.

"Leave me," he sighed as the servants bowed and ducked out of the room gratefully.

Malachi got up and looked out the window, at the setting sun casting an orange and pink glow across the feilds and forests of his land. Tomorrow, at dawn, he would be leaving in search of the young princess. He knew in the moment the sun's brilliant colors died to a navy blue, that his life was going to change.

And Malachi was positive he didn't want the change that this journey was sure to bring.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:08 pm
MilkNCookies says...

I sat, by back against the cool cave wall as the griffin paced near the entrance.

"I still don't see what you're problem is, Leo." I told him. "So what a prince is coming to save me? You'll kill him."

The griffin turned to her quickly. "What if I'm sleeping? What if he kills me first?" The griffin hissed.

"Point taken."

The griffin went back to pacing against the entrance of the cave.

"Though I doubt he could kill you." I muttered. If the griffin heard, he didn't care.

Poor Griffin kept pacing, and pacing, and pacing, unlit it was nearly the nest day, and his pays were cut and bleeding.

"Maybe a dab of rest wouldn't hurt," He muttered to himself, his prisoner asleep. He laid down at the entrance, a snarl stained on his face.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:29 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

The crowd cheered for him as his horse walked softly on the cobbled stoned road. His people were cheering the hero who was bringing the sweet princess back home.

Malachi rolled his eyes and sighed. Great. What fun. Kyle, his best friend who had offered to accompany him as a servant rode beside him. He glared at Kyle.

"Smile and nod, keep up your appearance," he hissed.

Malachi raised an eyebrow. "Keep that up and I'll think you're my father," he muttered, softly.

"Stop acting like a spoiled brat. You need to help the poor girl. She's never done a thing to you. You're being selfish and acting like...well, a spoiled prince," Kyle replied, bluntly.

Malachi almost grinned. This was why Kyle was his best friend. However, he was in too sour of a mood to enjoy his blunt and bold personality. He took a deep breath, closing his eyes.

"Well I have better things to do than rescue some girl I barely know. There are plenty of other people are just as able, you know? Besides, what if she ran away and doesn't want to be rescued?"

Kyle gave a small short laugh. "Right! Only you would think of something that stupid. I don't understand why you royals complain so much. Honestly, grow up and stop being so immature. It's not an attractive trait."

Malachi narrowed his eyes, dangerously. "You wouldn't know, as you aren't a royal! Why can't you just go with a few of your other friends. I'm busy."

"Busy?" Kyle snorted, letting out a peal of laughter. They could hear a faint roar of noise behind them as the crowd of people started fading away as they rode towards the rising sun. "Right. I forgot you had parties to attend and nobles women to charm. You know very well why it has to be you. Now can we stop this silly conversation?"

"Gladly."

Malachi and Kyle both rode in silence. Time to save the precious princess.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

'The Answer to the Great Question... Of Life, the Universe and Everything... Is... Forty-two,' said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy