z

Young Writers Society

Middle of Nowwhere

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:23 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

"What is this?!" he demanded as Colton supported him, walking him to his bed.

Colton glared at him. "Would you prefer me to drop you?" he asked. "Cause that can be arranged."

Damon laughed, deliriously. "Colton, Colton, what a surprise. How odd a meeting this is, especially as you left. And look at my predicament now! And you helping me at that? Haha!"

He needed to stop talking, but he was half crazy with pain and didn't know his right from his left. He thought he saw Aviva out of the corner of his eyes looking a bit shocked.

As he was placed, or more like half thrown, on his cot, he began to tremble a little. He took a deep breath regaining most of his sanity. He'd been straining himself too much while he'd been here.

"Oh nice to see you, Colton," he spat. "Do tell, how is your lovely wife?"

If looks could kill Damon would be burning in Hell right now. "Don't you dare speak of Ivy! I'm only here for Aviva."

Damon smiled bitterly. "Oh yes, lovely Aviva. How could I forget."

He wasn't sure yet, but Damon almost believed that men had actually killed him and this was God's punishment for him. this eternal Hell. He almost laughed at himself before he passed out again.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:29 am
TNCowgirl says...

Aviva watched as the deleria hit Damon while he talked to Colt who she wasn't sure was going to refrain from strangling the man.

"Colt, relax, please." She said softly. He took a deep breath.

"You had some drafts you wanted me to look at?" Colt asked looking at her. She supplied the area with good horses, from draft horses, to riding horses, to wagon horses. With her land being full of pasture and her knowledge of horses she was pretty good at it.

~

Two hours later they walked back in the house, Aviva had a basket of produce from her garden, and four fresh killed rabbits. She skinned, gutted, and butchered them before bringing them in the house though sticking two in the fire for the dogs and the rest in a pot to make another soup. It would be the one thing that would set well with Damon's stomach at the moment. She got the dough she had made earlier and put it in the over to cook as Colt went and cut some wood for her. Damon stirred and she looked over at him.

"This is my house, you will abide by my rules, which means you leave Colt alone." She growled at him pointing her knife at him. "Derlious or not you best behave."
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:44 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

"A woman who is telling me what to do," he grumbled under his breath. "Who would have thought?"

He was feeling a little better but looked for water. He was too proud to ask for any though. He would get some later.

"Well excuse me. Let me just sit here and not speak so I don't ruffle any feathers," he said, angrily. He was tired of the way people were talking to him. He was tired of this girl acting like he was dirt under his feet. She didn't understand anything about him or his way of life. He had grown up in a completely different lifestyle than she had.

He was angry and tired and in pain. He just wanted this all to vanish and to wake around his servants again. Who would have known that his chasing women would have landed him in this hellhole.

Damon sighed deeply. "Look," he said calmly looking to the floor. "I won't say a word to him. Can't say that he won't have a few things to say to me though. Either way, I just want to get healed up and go home."

He sounded so tired even to his own ears. Damon had never felt so weak, physically and socially, before in his life. It was a change he did not welcome.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

110 Reviews

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:06 am
TNCowgirl says...

Aviva honestly felt sorry for the man. She was a firm believer in the fact that people could change. Her mother had been a saloon whore and her father a rich eastern man. They had both changed drastically when they met and moved out west. When they died she'd sold the farm and moved further west to start a life of her own. One that didn't involve judging people. But defenses were defenses. She grabbed a glass of water and carried it over to him.

"Here, you must be thirsty. I also got some herbs from the garden that I'm going to make a tea out of, it'll help with the pain." She replied walking back to the stove when he took the water. She grabbed her stone bowl and the herbs crushing them up and pouring them into a cup with hot water and mixed in some honey to make it taste better before carrying it back over to him.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:28 pm
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

It wasn't like the tea he had at his home, but it was tea all the same. He welcomed the warm herbal drink and inhaled the steam, shivering. It made him feel a bit better at the very least. While he was glad for the water it had a stagnant coppery taste that didn't settle right in his mouth. The tea was like his own cup of heaven.

"I appreciate it," he said cautiously. He did not trust the girl, or even like her and her outspoken, brazen personality, but he was grateful. He wanted to get revenge against the men who had done this to him. But honestly, he was afraid that his brother would take control and rule.

Even Damon, who was just about as cold and cruel as they come, was afraid of what his younger brother was capable of. He needed to get back home quickly.

Aviva narrowed her eyes a bit but nodded her head in a gesture of politeness. Damon figured the less he argued, the faster he would heal and that meant the quicker he could leave this hellhole and return to his people and earn back his power.

"How long to you believe my healing should take?" he sighed, expecting the worse.

110 Reviews

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:36 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Aviva chewed her lower lip as she thought. "Probably two weeks, you don't have any broken bones, they are bruised I'm sure but not broken. Most of the healing will be letting your body heal so I'd say about two or three weeks if you take it easy."

"That's all?" He asked surprised.

"They could've done a lot worse to you. The biggest complication would be if you got sick, your body can't fight off infection and heal itself so you have to stay as healthy as possible while you heal or you'll get sick and it'll take two or three times as long." She replied as she moved back to the stove pouring herself some mint tea.

"How do you know all this?" He asked eyeing her.

"I grew up in the west, my ma had practice in healing beat up people, pa was good at taking out bullets. They taught me both." She replied pouring a little honey in her cup. She needed to go harvest her hives soon she was running out of honey and she hadn't checked to make sure the bears had left it alone in a few days.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:47 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

He looked at her, half disgusted and half impressed. This woman was tough. She'd grown up tough, but not in the same way as Damon. He was tough, and cruel of course, as a ruler. Physically, he wasn't very strong. He had trained a bit with the art of working swords and daggers, but nothing like this girl was used to.

"Well I guess that it was a good day when you found me. And extremely good that Colton and Ivy did not spot me," he muttered, knowing only how bad he would be off if that had happened.

He turned his head from Aviva, he had known for a long time that he was a cold, cruel, evil man. He had accepted that and embraced it. It was part of how he had to rule. But this bold girl made him feel a spark of remorse...something he had hid from himself for a very long time.

Damon grit his teeth, deciding to be cold and impersonal once more.

"On the other hand, being stuck here three weeks might kill me anyhow," he said, his old personality returning in full force. "I might not even make it back home. I'd die here and no one would ever know and my idiot brother will take my position and then all hell shall break loose!"

He finished his tea and slumped farther into the cot, not tired but sore. He wanted to sleep to forget these thoughts, but of course, it evaded him. Brushing only at the very edges of his mind, teasing him. Typical.

110 Reviews

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:50 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Aviva laughed shaking her head as she sipped more of her tea.

"You think that's funny?" He growled.

"I think it's funny that you think you are going to die. Did I once say that anything that was wrong with you was life threatening. Unless you fall extremely ill or someone walks in here and shoots you, you aren't going to die." She laughed shaking her head. "Stop being a drama queen."

**Short, sorry**
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:09 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

"I don't believe you realize the serious possibility that someone might come in here and shoot me at any moment," he grumbled. "And yes, this place might kill me. NOT my injuries."

He rolled his eyes. He was being sarcastic at first, but maybe she didn't get that he absolutely loathed the West. Everything had all started going down hill when Ivy had been sent to live out here. Luckily, he had avoided too much public embarrassment.

"And YOU are calling ME the drama queen?" he huffed. "Well, excuse me. Let me not bother you with my dramatic reactions because I've just been beaten to near death and landed hundreds of miles from my home. Yeah, I have absolutely no reason to complain."

**It's okay! Mine is short too! XD**

110 Reviews

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:13 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"No one is going to walk in my house and shoot my guest." She replied hands on her hips. "Trust me on this one, people round her know not to mess with me, and the all stand behind me if I need help. It's a curtosy of the west, an injured person always has a safe haven in a home out west."

"Even bad people."

"Especially bad people cause someone's gotta help turn them around." She raised her head a little. "I wouldn't be here unless someone took my ma into their home. It's how it's supposed to be. It's the only way to survive out here is to lean on other people. Everyone is equal out here, everyone starts out with a nearly fresh slate out here. That's just how it is."
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:21 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

"Well then you're not as intelligent as I thought," he smiled, ruefully. "Because where I'm from, the moment you trust a sour soul, you end up dead. People look for ways to steal others' wives, money, and power, etc. Trust me, we're not people you want to take into your home. Not that I am complaining that you did for me. You just don't have anything of value to me. I've earned or taken everything I need. I've worked hard for it...and that's why I need to return quickly before someone takes it."

"Well that is no way to live your life," Aviva said disgusted. "And lucky for us, we don't out here. You might think it's stupid, but it's just about the greatest thing I could imagine."

Damon laughed. "That's because no one has broken you down until you are literally almost nothing. That's how we get stronger and learn to live. But I shall not argue with you about this. We live different lifestyles. Very different. I'm just warning you, whether you choose to take it or not, because unfortunately, for now, I am in your debt," he growled, unhappily. He was not used to this and he certainly did not like it. He'd always been able to take care of himself and his problems. Alone.

"And as you well know...I am a very bad man." He said it with neither a frown nor a grin. It was just a fact of life. He grabbed his water cup and drained it, gratefully. Even though the water did taste funny, he was glad to have some.

**Sorry I got really sick at school and went home to sleep it off!**

110 Reviews

Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:41 pm
TNCowgirl says...

**Thats no good, you ok now?**

Aviva frowned as anger welled up in her. He didn't know what had happened to her in life, she had been through harder times then most and had experianced things that would bring a weaker person down. But she refused to be brought down.

"You know nothing of what I've been through. Now you should rest." She turned on her heel and walked out the door to the barn, she needed to clear her head and get away from that agrivating man that was in her house.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:09 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Yes! I'm a little better. I still can't eat anything. :/ But my headache is gone!**

Damon rolled his eyes at the foolish girl. He had no idea what he had said and why she'd gotten so defensive. Honestly, he could care less. He just wanted to heal and get his self far away from here.

He slumped down into his cot before he realized he couldn't sleep. He stood and looked out the window to see Aviva by a horse. It was a very nice looking beast to. She was smiling at it and talking to it, rubbing her hand down it's nose. When she wasn't frowning and trying to tell him off, she was a very attractive lady.

Damon raised an eyebrow and considered trying to flirt and earn his way into her bed but snorted. It wasn't worth it. She was sure to be a challenge and one who knew a lot of his dirty secrets, thanks to Colton and Ivy. Still, she was very pretty and he liked a challenge.

Then he frowned. He was in debt to her, at the moment. Breaking the poor country girl's heart probably wouldn't be a nice way to repay her. Just like all the women he'd ever been with, he'd broken their hearts. Even Ivy, before she met that idiot, had been interested in him.

Damon hobbled back to his cot and sank down, too tired to even pull his legs over the side of the bed.

110 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:16 am
TNCowgirl says...

Aviva rubbed Flash's head as he nickered a little. She was working on training him for a little boy that lived in town, he was the only orphan and everyone helped him and the family that was raising him out.

"Is he behaving?" Colton asked walking over.

"Yes, he should be asleep right now." She replied with a shrug. "What have you been doing?"

"Fixed a few things in the barn, polished a couple saddles and looked over the horses. There are two I want to talk to you about buying or trading for." He replied. She nodded. She tended to trade leather, meat, etc. for her horses every now and then she would actually sell them but around here a trade was as good as gold. She had even traded a horse with the general manager for stuff in his general store. This was the life to her, away from all the pain from where she had been born, the place her parents had died, the place she'd had been hurt. She took a deep breath.

"Sounds like a plan, we can look at them tomorrow but I need to make dinner and then get ready to go to sleep. I've got to get a quilt done by tomorrow and finish breaking in Flash for Albert's birthday party." She replied with a smile. "Black Hawk will be here soon so you can go home."
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:34 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Damon rolled over in his cot. Why was everything so boring out here. What did they do? Sit around and wait for something to happen? Back home, if Damon ever felt a sliver of boredom, he'd throw a party at his home. Everyone loved them because he had the money to put towards it. His home was enormous, and, if he did say so himself, he was a great host.

Damon sighed, standing and looking out of the window again. Aviva was talking with Colton. That idiot. For once, Damon actually wanted to talk to Ivy. She would be the only one who understood his restlessness and his boredom. Maybe he could just leave now? After all, he was feeling a little bit better. He could borrow, or just buy a horse from Aviva.

He frowned, thinking. He had the money to give her if he could only reach his home. It was law that if a Duke vanished, search parties must be sent for him. He doubted they were looking very hard though.

He started to walk to the door to talk to Aviva when he legs buckled under him and he feel. Grumbling, he stood back up, angry with himself and holding his back straight trying to gain back his dignity.

No...he was not going to be leaving anytime soon.

Does anybody else passive-aggressively refresh the page to see if anything you said made it into the quote generator?
— GrandWild