Young Writers Society

False Life ~ In need of partner

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:04 pm
View Likes
Skorpionne says...

Okay, the idea is this.

There are a cast and crew of actors and technicians living in an abandoned theatre. Every night they put on a performance to an audience of spectres. The Applause gives them the most intense pleasure you can imagine, and so the play itself is always a bloodbath of competition for the position of centre stage. They don't question it-it's all they've ever known.

So one day, one of the actors finds him/herself outside of the theatre whilst looking for some lost props. From there on I have no clue.

Kind of weid, I know, but anyone interested?
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:29 am
View Likes
Cspr says...

This reminds me of my Dracula (where a cast of vampires plays out a hit vampire-based Broadway play) idea--sort of. I'd be in, but be aware I'm a rather busy person. :D Sounds awesome, anyway.
My SPD senses are tingling.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:19 pm
View Likes
LadyFreeWill says...

This plot reminds me of an episode of Torchwood, season two. From what you've described so far, the most obvious path to take is for this actor/actress to discover life outside the theatre. If you're going for a romantic twist, then he/she could meet someone on their search for the missing props... et cetera, et cetera. I know that my suggestion is pretty straightforward and what you would expect, but hey -it's an idea. You posted this a while ago, so maybe you've already started on this story /abandoned it. Any way, here are my two cents. :)
Formerly TheScratchMan.

Stupidity's the deliberate cultivation of ignorance.
— William Gaddis