z

Young Writers Society

To Have and To Hold (*coco + soggypoptart)

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:10 pm
*coco says...

“Evening, Miss Naya!”

Naya eyed her maid’s unusually cheery tone with a look of suspicion. “What are you so smiley about?” she asked her.

"Nothing," Rosa replied quickly. “How was your day?”

“Awful,” Naya grumbled miserably as Rosa took her jacket. “First, Professor Gordon made me leave class because apparently I wasn’t ‘paying attention’ which is totally not true by the way - I was just super tired - then the driver shows up late to pick me up - again - so I fired him and then realised I had no ride home which meant that I had to walk. And then just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse I found out that the Harry Winston necklace I wanted to put on hold for Lola’s birthday got sold this morning!”

“Oh dear, what a shame...” Rosa said absent-mindedly. For some reason she was still smiling.

Naya folded her arms, a stern expression playing across her face. “Okay, Rosa, spit it out. What’s going on?”

Unable to contain her excitement any longer, Rosa suddenly burst out into a girlish giggle before answering. “Miss Naya, your parents have some wonderful news for you!”

Naya's face fell. She didn't like the sound of that. In the past when her parents had 'wonderful news,' it usually meant that they had some awful bomb they wanted to drop on her. Before she could be worried, Rosa hurriedly ushered her out into the back yard where her parents Walter and Cecile were sitting under a canopy for their regular afternoon tea.

“Ah, Naya, my darling!” her mother smiled as Naya approached them both. “Did you have a good day at school?”

“Well-”

As usual her mother didn't really seem like she cared. “Please, have a seat," she interrupted her.

Naya gave her a look before silently obeying. She took the seat opposite her father who smiled at her fondly as she passed him.

For a while no-one spoke. The only sounds that could be heard was the gentle chirping of birds and the low murmurs coming from the staff as they went about their evening chores.

Finally, Naya’s father decided to speak. “Naya, sweetheart...” he began, “I’m not going to beat around the bush with you. Tonight your mother and I are hosting a dinner-party for the Anderson’s.”

Naya raised a brow in confusion. “But why, I thought we hated the Anderson’s? I mean, Grandpa practically spits every time someone mentions their name.”

“Yes, but it appears that he has had a change of heart,” her father explained. “You see, your grandfather feels that the time has come for the du Maurier and Anderson family to put aside all that’s happened in the past and unite with one another. He is, of course, not alone in this decision. The Anderson’s have also expressed their desire to start over.”

“Okay...” Naya furrowed her brows in confusion. She’d watched her father’s body language carefully as he spoke and noticed that he kept looking over at Naya’s mother, or down at his hands. It was like he was avoiding Naya’s gaze. “...that’s good to hear, I guess,” she said, not entirely sure what to make of all this.

Her mother smiled. “Your father and I had hoped you would say that,” she placed an affectionate hand on Naya’s. “You, of course, have a major part in ensuring that this new unity between our two families lasts.”

Naya suddenly felt very very nervous for herself. “What do you mean, mother?” she asked.

Her parents swapped glances with one another before her father finally cleared his throat to respond.

“It is the wish of your grandfather - and your mother and I,” he quickly added, “that you...”

“That I what?” Naya swallowed hard, her gaze switching from her mother to her father and then back to her mother again.

“...that you marry Mr and Mrs Anderson’s eldest son, Julian.”

In an instant, Naya’s nerves turned into pure outrage.

“WHAT?” she snapped, startling a member of staff who was pouring her some hot tea. “NO!”

“Naya, sweetheart...” her mother said soothingly. “We've heard that Julian is a lovely boy-”

“I don’t care, mother!” Naya interrupted, absolutely horrified. “I can’t marry him! I don't love him, I don't even know him, he's a complete stranger!”

“Sweetheart, tonight’s dinner-party will be a perfect opportunity for you to get to know him,” Naya’s father said calmly, “and as for love...it will come eventually.”

Naya looked incredulous. “Father, please, you can’t be serious!”

“The matter has already been settled, Naya,” her father’s voice was now stern and so was the look in his eyes. “I shall have Rosa send a dress for you to wear tonight. You will make your entrance at exactly 9pm, after which you will be formally introduced to the-”

Naya didn’t wait for him to finish his sentence. She angrily got to her feet and stormed back inside the house running straight for her bedroom, her caramel brown eyes streaming with tears of pure disbelief and confusion.
Last edited by *coco on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 15 times in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:34 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian clenched his fists and tried to control his temper. He didn't want to be married, he even despised the thought of being engaged! How dare they! Just because he was the only unmarried one out of the family. Did he care what she looked like? No. Did he care how old she was. Yes. Did his family REALLY think he could fall in love. They were fools if they thought so. Julain ran his rough hand through his black curls. He exhailed deeply. He was just about to punch his step mother's fancy pillow when she walked in.

"Julian, I know this is all a big adjustment but sweetheart, good things will come of it." Linda, Julian's step-mother said, softly.

"What good could come from marrying a rich-tart born from the Du Mauriers?" Julian's knuckles cracked, his fists were becoming balled tightly.

Linda's eyes grew wide, "Julian!"

Julian turned to give her and gave a darkend stare. "Excuse me." He said, then growled as he left the living room. He passed his younger half-brother, Jace. Jace placed a hard hand on his brother's shoulder.

"Hey, hey, hey I heard the good news. Looks like you're getting married, it's about time! You're like what? Thirty?" Jace smirked.

Julian reached out and felt the pads of his rough fingers clench around the base of Jace's neck, and he added pressure. Jace winced. "I'm twenty-six, thank you very much. You on the other hand only know how to follow your pecker. That's what got you in trouble."

Jace held his hands up in surrender.

Julian dropped his hand. "I'm not in a good mood, it'd be best if you stayed out of my way."

Jace laughed. "Dude, you need to get laid. I heard the girl you're getting hitched to is pretty hot."

Julian turned and started to walk away. "It's not her looks I'm worried about."

"Don't forget we leave in twenty-minutes!!!" Jace called down the hallway.

Julian gave him the bird.
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

130 Reviews

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:56 pm
*coco says...

Naya angrily paced up and down her room in her dressing gown, her heart pounding violently against her chest. It had been over four hours since her parents had dropped the bomb that she was going to be married and she still couldn’t believe it. How could they do this to her....their own daughter...? How could they arrange her marriage without even asking her, without even taking the time to consider her opinions or her feelings? They obviosly couldn't care less about all that. They were only interested uniting their family with the Anderson’s...

The Anderson’s.

Even though Naya had spent her entire childhood being told by her grandpa that the Anderson’s were nothing more than ‘filth’, she herself never really had anything against that family...until she met Jason Anderson...

Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted as Rosa entered her bedroom carrying a large black clothes cover.

“Miss Naya, your dress for tonight’s dinner has just arrived.” she said, placing it on top of Naya’s bed and unzipping the cover to reveal a vintage Chanel peach coloured cocktail dress. “Very pretty, isn't it?” she smiled.

Naya's eyes darkened. “Is this what you were so happy about?” she growled.

“Miss Naya..?” Rosa walked over to her with a look of surprised concern. “I don’t understand, I thought you would be delighted!”

“My parents have gone behind my back and arranged me to marry some guy just so they can resolve a 60 year old feud, and you honestly expected me to be delighted?” she could feel her eyes swelling with tears.

“Miss Naya, your parents know what they’re doing. They love you and only have your best interests at heart.”

“How can this possibly be in my best interest?” Naya shouted.

Suddenly, her bedroom door burst open and in came her blonde-haired best friend, Lola.

“Burlesque!” Lola declared immediately, clueless as to what was going on.

“What?” Naya questioned, slightly irritated by the interruption.

“The theme for my birthday party, silly!” Lola explained. She completely ignored Rosa as the maid excused herself and left the room. “It took me two weeks but I’ve finally managed to come up with a theme for it! I was watching Moulin Rouge yesterday and suddenly the idea just popped into my head: Burlesque! I was thinking maybe we could-”

Lola stopped abruptly and eyed Naya’s expression.

“You don’t like it, do you?” she concluded.

Naya sighed and placed a tired hand on her head. “No, Lo, it’s not that, I just-”

“Oh, come on, Nay!” Lola pressed. “It’ll be amazing! We could dress up as showgirls and wear corsets like in the Lady Marmalade video,” Lola took Naya’s arm and excitedly faced her towards the giant mirror in the corner of her bedroom, “I mean, imagine our bodies in corsets!”

Her eyes suddenly fell on the peach colored dress on Naya's bed.

“Wow!” Lola said, her eyebrows raised, obviously impressed. “Mother told me your parents were hosting a dinner party tonight. It must be a pretty important one if you’re pulling out Chanel. Who's this shindeg for, exactly?”

“The Anderson’s,” Naya scowled.

Lola raised a quizzical brow. “Wait, I thought your family hated the Anderson’s with, like... a passion...”

“So did I, but apparently my dear ol' grandpa’s had a ‘change of heart’...”

“Really? How come?”

“I don’t know,” Naya replied, sitting on the edge of her bed in frustration. “Whatever the reason, they’re involving me.”

“What do you mean?” Lola asked.

Naya let out a deep sigh before answering. “They’re having me marry Julian Anderson.”

Lola blinked hard. “I'm sorry, they're having you do what? Like marry marry?” she looked incredulous. “Are they out of their minds?”

“I’ve been asking myself the same question.”

“They can't do that! This is the 21st century, you can marry whoever the hell you want! Don’t they know about Jace, about what he did to you?”

“No, Lo!” Naya said sternly. “And they can’t know, especially now.”

“But-”

“Look, I should start getting ready. It's nearly 9 o'clock-”

Lola grabbed hold of Naya's shoulders before she could say another word. “Listen to me, Nay. I know that they’re your parents and you love them but you really can’t let them do this to you. It’s not right! Maybe your sister can help get you out of this.”

“Danni's still at the Hampton's. I tried calling her cell but it's switched off.”

“Well, then keep trying, she'll pick up eventually!”

“There's no point, Lo. Don’t you get it? Danni won't be able to do or say anything to make my parents change their minds. The decision's already been made.”
Last edited by *coco on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:01 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian needed to vent, but he couldn't. He wasn't speech impaired he just didn't have any true friends. Everyone who was smart knew better than to be friends with Julian, everyone who knew what was good for them didn't even look his way. Julian was a headstrong, unsocial, a loaded pistol and he knew it. He was very smart and tried not to be rude, not that it mattered anyways. He owed the Du Mauriers a favor, specifically he owed Naya's father a favor.

"Julian," Segi Anderson, the alpha male of the family spoke deeply. "I expect you to be at the Du Maurier manor. We are leaving now."

Julian downed a shot of vodka, 80 Proof to be exact. Then closed his eyes. "I will be there, father."

"You'd better be." With that, Sergi slammed the front door.

Julian hurled a shot glass across the room, it slammed into a painting of Sergi and Linda. Julian needed to get drunk, then maybe just maybe he would wake up from this horrorible dream. Julian fixed his black tie, he hoped that this girl wasn't too high on the social platter because the one thing that he had that she didn't, was a say in where they lived. Julian walked into his bathroom and brushed his teeth, he didn't want anyone to smell the alcohol. Not that he cared, he just wanted to be polite. He ran a hand through his chocolate curls, he stared at himself in the mirror.

"This girl doesn't even know what's coming to her." He shook his head and laughed showing a row of perfect white teeth thanks, Serg and two vampire teeth on each side. Julian checked his watch and decided it was time to go.

Julian opened his car door, which was a new car. He slammed the door and looked in the review mirror, his tie was the color of great unhappiness. He forced the keys into the ignition and peeled away from the Anderson driveway. His car made a sound of a tiger as his car beemed in the sunlight. Yup, it was a 2011 bentley continental gt... Black edition, of course. As Julian raged through the highway he checked his watch, he was already twenty minutes late, awesome.
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

130 Reviews

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:43 pm
*coco says...

“Oh, Miss Naya...” Rosa breathed excitedly. “You look wonderful! How do you feel?”

"Like hitting my head with a hammer..." Naya grumbled quietly.

"What was that?" asked Rosa.

“Nothing,” Naya lied.

“Okay, well, your father is waiting for you downstairs.”

Naya let out a deep sigh. “Tell him I’ll be down in a minute.”

She waited until Rosa left her room before taking a look at her reflection in the mirror. The dress her father had picked out was perfect on her. The bottom of it floated and swayed lazily as she turned and its peachy colour complimented the pinkish olive tone of her skin. She hadn't bothered with makeup. She really couldn't care less about impressing her 'husband-to-be'. The only thing she'd touched was her hair, giving her long chestnut brown curls an extra bounce to them so her mother wouldn't have a go at her for not putting in an effort with her appearance

Downstairs, she could hear the sounds of guests starting to arrive making her very very nervous. She suddenly found herself wondering how Jace must have reacted to the news that she was going to marry his older brother. She wondered whether he'd show up tonight and make a scene in front of everyone. She felt dizzy just thinking about it.

"God, I hope he doesn't come..", she silently begged.

A few seconds later she took a final deep breath, got into her most killer pair of Versace platform sandals and finally headed downstairs.

Just as Rosa had said, her father stood waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs dressed in his best dinner jacket. His kind rugged face radiated with warmth and happiness as she reached the landing.

“You look lovely,” he smiled.

Naya couldn't help but notice that it looked more like a sad smile, but she said nothing. Her mother suddenly came up to them. She was dressed in an elegant black lace dress and had her shoulder-length red hair curled at the very tips. There was a slight look of apprehensiveness on her face. She placed a loving hand on Naya’s cheek and smiled before turning to address her husband.

“Walter, your mother’s here,” she whispered, signalling towards the hall where Naya’s short, white-haired grandmother now stood with a ladies cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other.

Naya’s father’s face fell instantly. “Good Lord, who gave that woman brandy?”

He and Naya’s mother hurriedly approached the old woman. Naya stayed where she was. Her grandmother drunk was almost never a pretty sight.

“Ah, Walter there you are!” Naya’s grandmother happily acknowledged her son.

“Mother,” murmured Naya’s father not even bothering with a 'hello'. He used his body to desperately sheild her from the view of the guests.

“Let me guess, your father didn’t bother to show up?” she slurred drunkenly.

“No, mother, father is away on business, remember? I told you that yesterday.”

“Away on business...” she gave a dry laugh before downing her glass with distaste. “I used to believe that too, until I found out he was having an affair...”

Naya could see a muscle twitch in her father's jaw. “Mother, I think it would be best if you stayed away from the brandy-”

“Forty years of marriage!” Naya’s grandmother suddenly declared loudly, interrupting Naya’s father. “I gave the best years of my life to that godforsaken man and what does he do in return? Sends me divorce papers so that he can get himself a gold digger...”

“Mother, Lisa is a very respectable young woman-”

“Save your breath, Walter, she’s a whore and everyone knows it...”

Naya’s father pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration but before he could say another word, Naya’s grandmother suddenly fell silent. She pointed a long bony finger shakily towards the front doors.

“Good Lord, here they are. The Anderson’s...”
Last edited by *coco on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 9 times in total.

33 Reviews

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:11 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Sergi and Linda stepped out of their Limo, Linda had a margarita before they had arrived just to calm her nerves. She wore a cream balzer and skirt. Her short blonde hair was twisted and pinned at the nape of her neck. Sergi wore his usual suit, grey, and a black tie. His salt and pepper hair was slicked back. His hazel eyes seemed annoyed and the usual crow's feet by the corners of his mouth were in a frown. The parents entered.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Anderson." Walter walked over, his face completely blank of emotion.

"Hello, Mr.Du Maurier." Sergi and Linda said in unison. Linda was smiling, Sergi was trying to bite back a growl.

"Where is my future son-in-law?" Walter tried a fake smile.

"He'll be here." Linda spoke, trying to keep Sergi as calm as possible.

Julian sat behind the wheel of his car. Traffic was back up, big time. Julian wasn't in any rush to meet the leechs or his future tart of a wife. He rolled down his window and placed his elbow on the sill. Finally traffic seemed to move within another 10 mintues, he was now half an hour late...

Julian floored it, and finally he pulled into the Du Maurier's driveway. He made as much noise as possible as he parked his car. He got out, wearing a black suit and black tie. Julian's emerald green eyes sparkled dangerously. He finally walked through the door, time to meet the little tart...

130 Reviews

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:57 am
*coco says...

Naya quickly hid behind the staircase. Hoping for a little liquid courage, she grabbed a tall glass of champagne from one of the passing butlers. Her heart pounded heavily as she watched her parents exchange pleasantries with the Anderson's. She thanked God in her head that Jace wasn't with them. Her eyes fell on Sergi Anderson who seemed a little tense. It was only then that Naya realised that never-mind Jace, Julian Anderson was nowhere to be seen...

Suddenly she felt a light tap on her shoulder. Naya jumped and let out a squeak, clearly startled. She spun around and saw Lola staring back at her, a look of defiance on her face.

“Lo, you scared me!” Naya breathed, clutching her heart. “What are you doing here?”

Lola swallowed hard. “Okay - don’t freak – but I think I've managed to come up with a plan to get you out of this horrible mess...”

“What?” Naya looked incredulous. “Lola-”

She ignored her. “Here it is; we pay off one of your waiters - preferably Javier because that boy totally has a crush on you - then we sneak you out back through the kitchen, have my driver take you to LAX and-”

Naya sighed and smiled weakly, “Lo, don’t be silly. Your parents will kill you, and so will mine...”

Lola deflated instantly. It took her several seconds before she could respond. “You’re right, it totally sucks...” she absent-mindedly grabbed some caviar from the tray of a passing waiter and miserably shoved it into her mouth. “So...” she chewed sadly, “are the enemies here yet?”

“Yeah, unfortunately...” Naya replied, signalling towards the direction of the Anderson's. “But Julian isn’t.”

Lola's eyes suddenly lit up. “That’s great! Maybe he got cold feet and decided to skip town!”

Naya couldn't help but laugh at her best-friend's hopefulness. Before Lola could continue, they were suddenly interrupted by a shrill voice.

“Miss Naya, there you are! I’ve been looking everywhere for you!”

Great, Naya thought. Rosa had found her. She'd been hoping to hide out behind the staircase for the rest of the evening.

“Hello Rosa,” Lola smiled sheepishly.

“Miss Lola,” Rosa acknowledged the blonde-haired girl with a cofused nod before turning to face Naya. “Miss Naya, what are you doing back here?”

Rosa didn't wait for her response. She quickly scanned Naya’s appearance, tucking in a loose curl here and adjusting the bottom of her dress there before finally taking a step back and smiling fondly at her.

“Let’s go,” she finally said, taking Naya’s hand in her's. “Your father is ready to introduce you to your future in-laws and your future husband.”

Naya almost tripped up on her platforms as Rosa led her away from Lola. She looked ahead and saw Sergi, Linda and Julian Anderson now standing beside her parents...

She turned back to look at her friend and saw her own look of horror being reflected right back at her. Naya could hardly breathe...
Last edited by *coco on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.

33 Reviews

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:26 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian wasn't nervous, he didn't have to make this marriage work. He knew that no matter what their fate had already been written in blood. He wasn't going to be happy and he sure as hell wasn't going to make it easy for her. He didn't smile as he saw her walk out, dread written all over her face.

Yeah, you and me both, sweetheart. He thought. Yes, she was beautiful but she didn't make him fall to his knees. He was rich, therefore he had been with many beautiful women...

130 Reviews

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:08 am
*coco says...

“Ah, here she is!” beamed Naya’s father as she approached them all. He put his arm over her shoulder and presented her to Mr and Mrs Anderson like she was some sort of trophy, a prize that they'd just won... “This is my daughter, Naya...and Naya, this is Mr and Mrs Anderson.”

Like I didn't know that already...

Naya just stood there staring at them all, not knowing what to do or say. Her gut told her to scream and run away but she stood her ground. Her whole body was trembling and she could feel Julian’s gaze on her which didn't exactly help. In the end, she swallowed hard and gave a strained smile which she hoped came across as genuine.

“Pleasure to meet you,” she managed to say.
Last edited by *coco on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

33 Reviews

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:47 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian gave a stern look, he had no intention of talking to her. None whatsoever. He knew that his father didn't care much just as long as the fuid was over. Linda, of course was too sweet to let anything ruin her day.

"My, my, my you are beautiful, Naya." Linda spoke.

Julian only stared. Yes, she was beautiful.

130 Reviews

Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:58 pm
*coco says...

An awkward silenced passed, lasting for at least a minute before Naya's father cleared his throat to break it.

“Why don’t we uh take our seats, hmm? Dinner will be served soon,” he suggested, looking at his watch.

“That would be lovely,” Linda Anderson smiled sweetly.

Naya sheepishly followed along as her parents led the Anderson’s out into the gardens where several large white canopies were set up along the pool area with round white-clothed dining tables set up with shining cutlery and iced champagne bottles.

Naya’s parents led the Anderson’s to the table farthest from the pool and gestured for them to take their seats. Naya and Julian were just about to pull up their own chairs when suddenly her father abruptly stopped them.

“No, no, no, you both will be sitting back there...” he smiled, leading them to the family pool house where a small table was placed on the wooden decking. The grand oak tree which stood beside it was completely covered in white gleaming decorative lighting.

Naya glared at her father in horror.

“It thought it would be the perfect opportunity for you both to get to know each other before the big day...”
Last edited by *coco on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.

33 Reviews

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:50 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian wasn't going to make a scene, he hated when people stared. He nodded once, and it was kirt. He obviously felt his wife to be tense up. He didn't mind much, in fact he never minded much these days. He wasn't going to be a complete jerk. He was raised to be a gentleman, and he wouldn't shame the Anderson name. The name his father had build so mighty and high.

"I will leave you two, to it." Walter then just walked away.

Julian wasn't going to be awkward he just wan't going to be conversational, the little she knew about him the better. He just hoped she didn't talk his ear off. Or maybe, that would be a good thing. He pulled a chair out for Naya. He heard her inwardly gasp in suprise. She looked at him, he met eye contact, and she simply sat down. He moved the chair in, just the right amount. He had done this many times before.

"Thank you." She spoke softly.

He pulled out his own chair and sat down. "You're welcome." He said in a normal voice...

130 Reviews

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:36 am
*coco says...

Naya wanted someone to shoot her in the head. Now. She really couldn't do this. This felt awful, like being on a blind-date and not knowing how to kickstart a decent conversation. The only difference was this was no blind-date. She wasn't sitting opposite some random guy at a bar. This was an arranged marriage. She was sitting opposite the man was going to be her husband...

Husband. The word made her shudder. It wasn’t that Julian Anderson was awful to look at; he was actually really handsome, not in the arrogant way like Jace, but in a different way...a more subtle way - whatever that meant. The real problem was that she hardly knew him. To her he was as good as a stranger off the street. Not only that, he was Jace's older brother and for all she knew, he could be just as bad as Jace, maybe even worse...

She quickly removed Jace from her thoughts and tried her best to focus. She looked past Julian's shoulder and spotted Lola sitting besider her now heavily intoxicated grandmother. Lola caught Naya's gaze and flashed her a supportive smile before lowering her eyes to her blackberry vigourously typing away. Naya guessed that she was sending text-blasts to anyone and everyone she knew to try and dig up the dirt on Julian Anderson.

Naya quickly returned her attention back to her husband-to-be and figured she'd best break the awkward silence that now hung in the air between them...before he thought she was retarded or something...

“So," she finally spoke, "my uh father tells me you’re in the family business?” she asked sheepishly. Yes, it was a random and tragic start to the conversation, and no, her father didn’t really tell her that, she'd just assumed. But, at least now they'd have something to work from...right?
Last edited by *coco on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

33 Reviews

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:54 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian arched a cocky eyebrow, had she really just asked him that? Really? He then realized, asking about business was like talking about the weather on a first date. Sad. He cleared his throat and stared at his food, he had lost all concern over the food.

"You're father is correct. I do work for the business, in fact... My father has retired." Unoffically he didn't bother to add.

Naya looked at Julian and then around at the room. She seemed to be tongue-tied, in a matter of speaking.

"I'm almost positive you do not want to talk about business, you have no interest in it." Julian drank the red wine from his glass, about four more glasses and he would be a little relaxed. Just a little.

"Look, you know and I know we both don't want to be in this marriage-" Naya started in a soft tone, but Julian interrupted.

"Now there is something we both agree on." Julian's green cat-like eyes sparked dangerously. "Too bad we both don't have a say in the matter."

Naya looked taken back in surprise...

130 Reviews

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:45 am
*coco says...

“Well, we don’t...right?” Naya was unsure whether what he just said was a statement of fact or a trick question.

The waiter came and brought food to the table. Naya didn’t think she could stomach Duck a l’Orange. She picked at her plate nervously with her fork. She didn't really know what else to say...
Last edited by *coco on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

People say I love you all the time - when they say, ‘take an umbrella, it’s raining,’ or ‘hurry back,’ or even ‘watch out, you’ll break your neck.’ There are hundreds of ways of wording it - you just have to listen for it, my dear.
— John Patrick, The Curious Savage