z

Young Writers Society

The Prince and the Assassin

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:54 pm
SisterItaly says...

Davine smirked and felt awkward saying this. She turned to the prince slightly, still walking.
"My home." She sighed, nodding to some of her friends as she passed them, they looked at the prince uneasily and exchanged words. She saw Sophia walk off, with a smirk spread on her face. Davine cursed slightly under her breath. She was going to tell Robert she was back... Davine knew she shouldn't have let the prince come along with her. She huffed and pulled Adrian towards her house faster. Just as she reach the house, Robert grabbed her free wrist and pulled her away from Adrian.
"'Ello love. It's time to pay. Do you have my gold? Or are you paying... another way." He said lustfully. Davine shuddered and turned to Adrian.
"Go inside, I'll be alright." She commented, emotionless. Though her face was filled with fear.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:24 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Adrian looked at her. He didn't want to leave her, but he nodded. He headed towards her house, but as soon as he was out of their sight, he hid in the shadows and waited. He watched and listened for any sign of distress. He would not let that man lay a hand on his love!

He kept a growl from escaping past his lips. He watched her. She truly was beautiful. And he would not let anyone defile her body in such a horrible way! How could his father let these people live like this?! He knew what he had to do...but he was not looking forward to it. He still hadn't told her. He didn't know what he was going to say. He shook his head and took a closer look at what was happening. No one was going to touch HIS girl.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

66 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:55 pm
SisterItaly says...

She swallowed hard seeing the prince walk off, then turned back to Robert. Possibly the only man in the world she was scared of, possibly the only person. She shuddered as he ran his hand along her cheek. Davine quickly slapped it away, making Robert chuckle at her.
"I'll get your gold, just give me a little more time." She bargined. He shook his head and chuckled a little more.
"Davine, you know that's not how it works. If you borrow funds from me, you pay me back. One way or another." He reminded her, slowly advancing on her. Davine took a step back, right into a wall. She was trapped.
"Robert, please. Don't do this to me. I only need a little more time." She pleaded, tears stinging her eyes. He smiled evilly and pulled her close to him, forcing her to kiss him. She flailed her arms, trying to pry herself away from him. He pulled away momenterily and leaned in, whispering in her ear.
"You've got guests, why don't we head back to my place, love?" He pulled her close as she squirmed to escape.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Adrian sprang around the corner. His sword came to rest against the man's throat. "Let her go." he growled.

The man spun around, shocked and surprised, but Adrian already had his royal sword at the man's neck. He saw shock also in Davine's eyes. He growled. "You will leave her alone. If you DARE touch her again, I will make sure your head is hanging from the turrets!" Adrian threatened forcefully.
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

66 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:37 pm
SisterItaly says...

Davine gasped as Adrian saved her from the much burlier man. Robert glared at him, then backed away. Davine leaned against the wall behind her for support, all of this stress was going to make her faint. She just stood trembling against the wall. Robert wiped his mouth on his sleeve.
"Very well. I never imagined a royal would be defending this wench. You do realise she is in debt to me, and around here that means she is mine." He explained, Davine knew how that worked, she had seen it happen to her sister. The young prince said nothing, but continued to glare at Robert. Robert turned to Davine.
"You better hope I never catch you alone." and with that he walked off. Leaving Davine afraid. She sputtered, trying to thank Adrain, but she couldn't find the words.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:00 pm

Adrian pulled her close to him, touching her hair softly. "Are you alright sweetheart?" He held her close, reassuring her, making sure everything was alright. He kissed her forehead. "What do you owe that guy? Why does he want..." Adrian couldn't finish his question, he was so upset. He didn't want anyone touching his love.

66 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:10 pm
SisterItaly says...

She took a shuddering breath, holding onto Adrain for support. She needed to figure out how to explain it to Adrain.
"At first, I thought he was my friend. He leant me money to pay my rent and buy food. Then I found out what he was really like. He gave me a month to pay him back. He's done it to many others." I explained, knowing he wouldn't understand.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Adrian growls. He feels himself shaking from anger. How could anyone do that to another person?! How could you use for your own pleasure?! Adrian was furious.

"I want his head!"

He saw Davine blanch. "It's fine. Really."

"No, it is not! People don't use people!" Adrian growls. "I will pay him back for you...with his blood!"

66 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:41 pm
SisterItaly says...

Davine squeezed Adrian's arm genitally.
"Listen to me, you can't just kill him. He holds a lot of influence over many people. Would you want to endanger your life like that?" she asked, trying to calm him down and quiet him up. All they needed was one of Robert's friends to hear them and tell Robert.
"I won't let him hurt you like that." Adrian said, Davine hugged him close. Adrian may be able to run a country, but it seemed to her he didn't know how things worked outside the palace.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:51 pm
View Likes

Adrian smiled. "Do I get to meet your family?" He asked her softly. He wanted a distraction, any distraction. "Please my love?"

66 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:05 pm
SisterItaly says...

Davine swallowed hard. Did she really want him to meet her family? What would her family think? Her walking around with the prince. What would they think... just seeing her. She hadn't seen her family in at least a year. She sighed. She would have to see them eventually.
"Sure. You can meet my family, at least part of it." she knew by now SOME of her many siblings had to of moved out. She was oldest of 18 children. Her father wouldn't be impressed with where her life lead but he mother would accept her anyway.

The Book.

66 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:06 pm
SisterItaly says...

Davine swallowed hard. Did she really want him to meet her family? What would her family think? Her walking around with the prince. What would they think... just seeing her. She hadn't seen her family in at least a year. She sighed. She would have to see them eventually.
"Sure. You can meet my family, at least part of it." she knew by now SOME of her many siblings had to of moved out. She was oldest of 18 children. Her father wouldn't be impressed with where her life lead but he mother would accept her anyway.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Adrian walked hand in hand with her through the streets. The dirt got on his feet, and he looked down appalled. He wouldn't have considered himself spoiled...until today. He realized how blessed he was. His feet were dusty from the dirt roads, his feet ached from the pebbles in his shoes, and his clothes were probably the most expensive item these people had seen. He watched as children played in the dirty streets dressed in nothing but rags. The houses were made out of wood and straw and barely held together. It was like the slaving community he had seen at one of his friend's palaces. His mind was completely in shock. He couldn't even imagine.

Adrian pulled her close to his side. Things were different out here, and he wasn't sure he liked it. He almost gagged when he took a deep breath because of the disgustingness of where these people lived.

"How do they live like this?" He asked.

Davine gave him a disapproving look. "it's all they know, and it is all they can afford."

Adrian looked at the streets sadly, vowing to help these people in any possible way that he could. He would not leave them out here to live like this.

Adrian picked up her hand and kissed the back of it. "How much further, love?"

"Almost there." She whispered.

He noticed she seemed nervous and uncomfortable. Was she worried he wouldn't make a good impression on her parents? Adrian continued to watch her as they neared her house.

66 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:33 pm
SisterItaly says...

Davine was nervous, very very nervous. She swallowed hard as her parent's home came into view. With any luck her aunt Emma would answer the door. Aunt Emma had always been the calmest in her family. She took a deep breath as she neared the door, Adrian gave her hand a quick squeeze as she knocked on the door. There was a second of silence before her aunt Emma opened the door, and you could almost see the stars in her eyes. She threw her arms around Davine's neck and hugged her close.
"My precious baby girl! Where have you been? I was worried about you!" So much for calm Aunt Emma. Automatically her three youngest siblings ran outside and started screaming and running around Davine, she giggled and hugged her three little brothers. She hadn't realised how much she'd missed her family.

The Book.

79 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Adrian smiled as he watched the little kids gather around Davine. He knew what it was like to have family that cared for and respected you. He loved his sister and would do anything for her. He watched as Davine's aunt's eyes filled with happiness. Adrian wondered how long it had been since Davine had been home and why she was gone for so long.

He waited in the back until she chose to introduce him to her family.

We wandered the halls of an infinite magic nursing home, led by a hippo nurse with a torch. Really, just an ordinary night for the Kanes.
— Rick Riordan, The Throne of Fire