Half-Blood

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:06 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

This is a story that me and Irish are working on together. :D

---

It was September 7th.

Now, that might not seem like a very important date to most of you, unless it's your birthday or something along those lines, but to Vera it was very important. She just didn't know it yet.

Vera seemed like the average kid. She got average grades, and wore average clothes. But there was one thing different about her.

She wasn't a full Elemental.

Her mother had been mortal.

She was pushed around constantly and made fun of all the time, treated like a freak because she was a half-breed. She hated it, but she didn't do anything to stop it. She was afraid that if she did, it would get worse. So much worse.

Now that you have all this information you may be wondering why we're telling you the story of some random half-blood child who you've never met before.

Well, I'm not planning on telling you.

----------

Vera walked into the school, glancing around uneasily. She hugged her books to her chest, hoping that she could make it to her locker before--

"Hey halfling," a female voice sneered. Vera flinched and turned around. A girl with long blonde hair was walking down the hall, flanked by four other girls.

"H-Hey Aleta," she stammered.

"So you decided to come back for another year, huh?" she asked, plump lips curving into a smirk.

Vera grimaced. "Yes."

Aleta and her crew laughed. "Wonderful! More opportunities for entertainment!" She nodded to one girl in her group, one with purple hair and matching eyes. She raised a hand and a purple wall slammed into Vera, knocking her into the lockers with a cry.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:13 pm
irishfire says...

Little did he know, but September 7th would be an important date for Clark as well.

Unlike poor Vera, he was a full Elemental. How is he important? Well, you'll see.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clark hopped up the stairs of the school, hands shoved into his pockets and his slate grey hair hanging down in his silver eyes. His satchel hung at his side and bumped against his leg as he went up the steps of his new school.

He opened the door and stepped through, instantly seeing something he didn't like.

A girl was pushed against the wall, a wall of purple crushing her against the cold metal lockers. A group of girls, no doubt one of them the creators of this plum-colored brick of hatred, were laughing hysterically.

He stepped forward. "Hey!" He barked. "Let her go!"
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

100 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:16 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

The blonde girl whipped around, golden eyes narrowing on Clark. Her skin was incredibly pale and looked almost breakable, like china. "And why should we do that?" she asked silkily, "she's most entertaining."

The girl let out another cry as another wall appeared above her, crushing her down into the floor. Her red hair splayed out around her head.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

150 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:22 pm
irishfire says...

Clark frowned and made a calm sighing sound.

Suddenly, a raincloud formed over their heads and rain poured onto all of them. Everyone in the hall scattered, guys running to avoid getting wet. Girls running to keep their makeup intact.

The group of laughing girls ran to keep their faces dry and the plum colored brick of hatred disappeared, as did the cloud of rain. Clark ran over to the girl, offering her his hand.

"Are you alright?" He asked.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

100 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:24 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

She looked up at him, eyes wide. They were an odd color; pure orange. She took his hand hesitantly, (after checking to make sure there wasn't some sort of electricity running through his hand), and got to her feet. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine..."

150 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:29 pm
irishfire says...

He smiled slightly and kept his hold on her hand. "I'm Clark, by the way."

He looked at her orange eyes. They were strange. He'd never seen an Elemental with those eyes. Fire...? He thought to himself.

100 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:31 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

She blushed a little, glancing down. "Vera," she mumbled.

150 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:44 pm
irishfire says...

He nodded slowly.

"Why were those girls doing that to you? It seemed incredibly unfair and cruel." He grinned slightly. "What'd you do? Steal their mascara?"

100 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:50 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Vera giggled despite of herself. "No. They don't like me because--" she stopped, falling silent, and released his hand. "Nevermind."

150 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:52 pm
irishfire says...

Clark frowned slightly and shook his head. "Well uh- I'm new here and I don't really know where to go." He looked at her, grinning. "Could you help?"

100 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:55 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Vera blushed. "Okay." She turned and started walking down the hall.

150 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:58 pm
irishfire says...

He followed her. "So, how long have those girls been picking on you?"

100 Reviews

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:02 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

She sighed. "Since I got here last year." She opened a classroom door, slipping inside.

150 Reviews

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:04 am
irishfire says...

He followed her through the door, frowning. "Last year? That's horrible! What do your parents think?"

100 Reviews

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:06 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

"My parents don't know," she said quickly. She was headed for her desk, but was stopped by a boy with brown hair and green eyes.

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes