z

Young Writers Society

Insecure

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:29 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Lyanna was a very pretty girl by most standards. Her silvery-white hair, which she insisted was natural, fell to her mid-back in loose waves. Her eyes were the color of chocolate and as deep as the ocean. She got decent grades and was just an average, mild-mannered, quiet young lady.

At least, that's what most people thought.

She was the new girl in town, a curiosity for the attendants of the High School. This was the third time she'd moved this year.

Lyanna sat on her front porch, reading a battered old book. Bruises, scabs, and scars covered her arms, legs, and face. Her jeans looked too small and had rips in both of the knees. The skin on her knees were scabbed up badly. Her shirt was navy blue and too form-fitting. Both looked worn out, as did her shoes. She shivered a little; it was early morning, just before school. A small black backpack sat next to her.

((Hope this works, Toasty.))
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:01 am
Chupatoasta says...

Stone laughed loudly as Jet slipped across the wood floor in his socks and boxers, screaming something about being late. Stone pulled on his leather jacket, and grabbed Jet's walking out to the old Plymouth that was decked out in flames. "Hurry up J, Mother dearest left your jeans and shirt on the dryer." From inside Jet screamed a thanks. Stone just chuckled at his younger brother and started the car, which instantly warmed up in the cold winter air. They had a car show to get to, and it was now or never. Stone's brunette hair was spiked up, and royal blue eyes stared back at him in the rearview window.

Ten minutes later, Jet walked out. His black hair in a fohawk-type hairdo and his royal blue eyes looking into Stone's as he rushed out to the car. "Go, come on, let's go!" Stone yelled, unlocking the car doors. Jet jumped in as fast as he could, shivering from the temperature change.

With a chuckle, Stone began to drive out of the winding drive-way. He turned left on Poplar Street, then took a right on 4th, and finally, rode through the less-fancy houses on Green Avenue. As he drove, Stone kept his eyes peeled. For anything really. A pretty girl sitting on her porch suddenly caught his eye. He pushed the car to a stop, and smirked over at Jet, whose eyes were wide with a newfound emotion at the girl's appearance.

Spoiler! :

Stone and Jet
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

100 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:20 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Lyanna glanced up at the sound of the idling car in the middle of the road. It was painted in flames and was actually rather nice. She set her book down, brown eyes watching them both curiously, and cautiously.

((Sorry it's so short, xD but you said we didn't have to play each other's characters. The only pic I've got of Lyanna is anime, but...
Spoiler! :
AnimeGirl.jpg
AnimeGirl.jpg (31.21 KiB) Viewed 258 times
She looks like that, but with bruises, scabs, ect.))

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:30 am
Chupatoasta says...

*Understandable lol*

Stone, keeping the car on, threw Jet his leather jacket, and stepped out of the car, striding across the girl's front lawn. She got up to move, but Stone put his hands up. "Hey, hey wait! You're new in town, right?" Stone grinned, walking up the steps of her porch. She inched towards the door. "I swear I won't hurt you." He chuckled softly. "I'm Stone, and that guy," he motioned back to Jet, who was clambering out of the car, "is Jet. We're going to Niceville High School this year. I'm a senior, and he's a junior."

Jet hurried over to his brother's side, a smile on his face. "Yo, I'm Jet," he grinned, taking in the girl's appearance. "And you are?"
George Bernard Shaw

100 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:34 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Lyanna looked a little uneasy. Close up, you could see that goosebumps covered her arms. Her gaze flicked from one boy to the other. She told herself to relax; they seemed friendly... at the moment. She'd had bad experiences with teenage boys, though. After a moment she licked her lips nervously and responded; "Lyanna. My name's Lyanna." Her voice was rather quiet, close to a whisper, but not quite. It was almost fearful, really.

23 Reviews

Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:53 pm
Chupatoasta says...

She sounded scared. Stone rubbed the back of his head and looked up at the house. Small, but nice. He bit his lip thoughtfully, and looked over at Jet. They obviously had the same thoughts, because Jet grinned widely and Stone nodded, rolling his eyes. "It's a pleasure to meet you, milady," Jet teased, taking her hand and kissing is softly.

When she looked taken aback, Jet began to laugh, Stone smirking. "I'm only kidding. We don't act like that."

"Well," Stone interupted, "I don't. Lyanna, would you like to come with my brother and I to a car race? They're loads of fun, and we can treat you to dinner afterwards if you'd like." He smiled sweetly.
George Bernard Shaw

100 Reviews

Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:58 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Lyanna frowned. She was very surprised to be offered something like that; most people ignored her, or bullied her. It sounded like it would be fun, but...

"Isn't today a school day?" she asked.

23 Reviews

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:18 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Stone smirked and shrugged off his jacket, slinging it over his shoulder. "Yeah, but, considering you've already missed the bus... you know..." He chuckled softly. "How about this, if you don't want to go to the races, at least let us take ya to school," he grinned softly.

Jet suddenly answered his phone, walking away from the two.
George Bernard Shaw

100 Reviews

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:23 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Lyanna bit her lip, thinking. when she thought her forehead wrinkled just slightly. It was actually rather cute. "... Okay." She'd be late if she walked, and probably would get lost anyways. She bent over and picked up her backpack.

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor