z

Young Writers Society

Furry Inmates

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:09 pm
Prism180 says...

This was it...the very thing that we all hoped for. They were free, free from those two-legged maniacs. Free of that condemned place. Simon smiled as he saw all the animals happily, running for the hills, the grass, the trees. This was a dream come true. Ashanti let go of Juhi as he was filled with joy. She turned to see Simon, looking up at the night sky, that was now filled with birds. Then, there was a loud POP. One of the birds were shot out of sky. Simon turned around to see what the problem was, it was the zookeeper with his gun, who had just finished...yelling into his walkie talkie.

Suddenly the streets burst alive, with the sound of a million sirens. Cop cars, ranger vehicles, and jeeps swarmed the entire areas. They started picking off the animals one by one. "This is now a code RED, I repeat CODE RED!", one of the men said. Helicopters zoomed across the sky, illuminating every building, every street, every corner.

"Oh no.", Simon said, whose happiness now disintegrated into pure fear.
"We've got to get out of here!", yelled Ashanti, who took Juhi back into her mouth and took off with full speed.

Simon was right behind her, running and never looking back. But it wasn't all over yet. Ranger jeeps burst over the hill as they pursued the escaped animals, shooting wildy at the creatures. One of the bullets zoomed by and cut Ashanti on the side of her face. She fell with a thud, letting go of Juhi who rolled across the grass. "Ahhh..Rafi, take Juhi and get him out of here!", she said as she screamed in pain. Rafi took hold of Juhi and dashed across the field. Simon looked back to see Ashanti struggling to get up..with five police vehicles coming in dangerously close, all of the humans, armed with lethal weapons.

"No...."
"I've seen your heart, and it is...mine."

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:58 am
Chupatoasta says...

Ashanti hissed, the pain in her cheek unbearable. She could barely see Simon, but she could see his outline in the illuminating moonlight, Juhi hanging limply from his jaws. Run! She wanted to scream, but no sound came out. Instead, the sound of roaring vehicles surrounded her.

No... no! I've come too far! Ashanti's mind screamed, and she forced herself to her feet. They were gaining, quick. At the same time, however, Ashanti was bleeding heavily from the three inch wound on the side of her face.

Go! Her mind screamed, and Ashanti finally pushed herself off the ground, muscles burning with the sudden burst of speed.

BANG!

They'd got her once again. Right in the shoulder. It wasn't deep, only a graze, but it was enough to hurt.

She fell right after reaching Simon. "Ashanti, come on! You have to get up, let's go." Simon spoke strongly after setting Juhi down. Ashanti looked up at him, their gazes locking. It was as if time stood still, like she was gazing into his soul. His heart... She had to do this. For herself. For Juhi. For... Simon.

Ashanti forced herself up again, and grabbed Juhi, not caring about her rolling blood.

"Let's go." She mumbled through Juhi's fur, glancing back at the vehicles before beginning to run. They were in the forest. There had to be somewhere to hide. A den, cave, something.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

15 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:27 am
Prism180 says...

An errie silence hung in the air like smog in a polluted city. In the far distance you could faintly hear the helicopters still moving and animals scattered throughout. There was Simon, Ashanti, and Juhi, in the bushes, quieter than a mouse could ever be. Seven ranger jeeps passed by, dangerously close to the hideout of the three animals. They stopped. One of the men tip-toed out of the truck.

"Shhhhh, their around here somewhere.", he quietly said, with gun in hand ready to shoot at a moments notice. He turned around to tell the guys to shut off the vehicle engines. It was all too quiet now. More of the men quietly got out of the trucks and started exploring through the bushes all around. Simon was terrified and Ashanti was badly wounded.

"Are you ok? Can you make it?", he asked, deeply worried about Ashanti's condition.
"I'll be...okay.", she reassured, not so sure at the moment.

Juhi, let out a gentle sneeze...a very, very dangerous move. One of the men creeped toward the bush, that encased the three animals. Simon's heart started to go into overload. "Ashanti, when I say run...run.", he said as he looked at her. She looked back at him nodding in agreement. Thump thump went Simon's heart. The man kneeled down toward them. Thump thump. He started walking toward the bush. Thump thump. Closer and closer he got. Thump thump. He was six feet away. Thump thump. Now he was closer 5....4....3...2.

With a big leap Simon jumped out of the bush. "ROOOAAAAR!", he bellowed as he swiped the gun from the man's hand, forcibly pushing him to the ground! "Run, Ashanti run!!", he exclaimed. Ashanti snatched up Juhi in her jaws, completely ignoring the pain in her face. Simon left the man and pursued after the others. "There they are!", said the human. The vehicles roared to life as they chased after the animals. Simon Ashanti noticed a whole in a large fence. "Through there lets go!", she mumbled through the fur of Juhi. They all slipped through the fence, only to leave the vehicles behind, unable to continue the'yre pursuit. The two-legged got out of the vehicle and spoke into the walkie-talkie.

"We've lost them sir...they're gone.", he said.
"Gone?", screamed the voice on the other side. "You have failed me. Get back to the facility!"

The men got back into the'yre vehicles, turned around and headed back the way they came. There was a white room, with a strongly, built man sitting in it. The expression of his face was horrendous, scratches and scars all over his eyes and his lips. He got up out of the chair and walked over to a huge metal box. He opened his mouth to speak.

"I want you...to find them...and kill them.", he said as his voice echoed into the box. What came next was an extremely loud hiss, as the creature inside slithered to get out. Eyes as red as blood peered through the hole. The human tipped up the latch, and the door to the box fell. Out came the serpent of all serpents, as he slithered out of the box, out the door, and into the city.

23 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:04 am
Chupatoasta says...

Ashanti's breathing hitched as she ran, Juhi still hanging from her jaws, which had began to ache. She, however, pushed through the pain and kept running, Simon at her side. She kept her mind on his breathing, timing her footbeats with the beat of his heart. Oh my... why am thinking so hard about him? My plans had been to only bring Juhi with me, and now I have a tiger tom, whom I can't keep my mind off of coming with me.

Ashanti shook the thought away, and kept running. They'd have to find a place to stay for the night, for Ashanti could practically feel everyone's exhaustion. Scanning the surrounding area, Ashanti's eyes fell on a large shed. Hay was buldging from the door, spilling into the yard. That was it. The place they'd stay for the night.

She finally came to a stop, setting Juhi down on the soft grass. He yawned and looked up at Ashanti, smacking his jaws together in exhaustion. "I know, we're about to go to sleep," she smiled sweetly down at the cub.

Simon sat down, looking over at the shed before raising his head into the sky, sniffing gingerly. "What is it?" Ashanti asked, slightly scared.

"Two... tigers. I think. They smell like the zoo." Simon looked back at Ashanti, smiling softly.

"No! I told you that it was this way!" One of the tigresses hissed, nipping at the other one. Both looked up, first at Simon, before setting their challenging glare on Ashanti, who snorted and picked up Juhi, starting for the shed with a growl.
George Bernard Shaw

15 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:54 am
Prism180 says...

Simon turned to follow Ashanti towards the shed, when one of the tigresses noticed him. "Well, well, well...who do we have here?", she said as she strolled over to Simon with much interest. She was now in his face, making him somewhat uncomfortable. "I'm umm..I'm Simon.", he said, unsure of what was going on. It was strange though, being from the same kind, he felt sort of awkward being around them.

Simon looked over to see if Ashanti was still there. He only caught a glimpse of her tail as she slipped inside of the shed door. He turned back to see the other tigress coming over. "Well I'm Val and this is Shani.", she said, sort of erotic-like. "Haha don't be so shy....we wont bite...unless you want.", she said. At this point Simon didn't know what to do. Ashanti was spying on the two tigers from behind a pile of hay. She let out a low growl, showing that she didn't quite like what was going on.

"You know its getting late and I'm really tired so, I'm gonna head off.", he said. Simon turned around to walk into the door, when one of the tigresses jumped into his way. "What's the rush? It's a nice night, and we both are..wide awake.", Val said. Then came Ashanti, walking up to the tiger, and not happy at all.

"Yes, I think its time for 'us' [she pointed at Simon and herself] to get some rest. Got that?", she said, bearing her teeth. The pain in her face had receded a little, but was still bleeding a bit.

"Ok fine, fine.", Shani said. The tiger walked over to Simon. "We will be seeing you later, haha.", she said. The two tigresses paired up and ran around the corner, only to leave behind loud laughter. Ashanti gave a quick glaring look at Simon and turned to walk into the shed. Simon looked so embarrased, and for what reason, he couldn't think of.

23 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:10 am
Chupatoasta says...

Ashanti sighed as she curled around Juhi, the shivering cub instantly warming up. Ashanti smiled softly, the entire right side of her face still covered with blood, much like her right leg, which had been soaked from the wound on her shoulder. Simon padded in, the moonlight catching his eyes almost perfectly. Ashanti let off a quiet growl, the earlier encounter with the tigresses playing in her mind.

"Wh-what's wrong Shanti?" Juhi yawned, looking up at her. The sleep in his eyes was obvious. Ashanti rasped her tongue over his small head, pushing the short, spotted fur their back into a mohawk-like style.

"It's alright little one, just go back to sleep." Ashanti smiled, and Juhi nuzzled up against her, burrying his nose into Ashanti's soft fur.

Simon walked in, looking quite lost. He looked over at Ashanti and Juhi, longing flashing in his eyes. He walked over to a pile of hay, curling up. Ashanti sighed and picked Juhi up, the cub still asleep. She limped over to Simon, and plopped down next to him, her back pressed against his stomach. She laid Juhi back down, the cub finding the warmth of Ashanti's own stomach once again. "Ashanti..." Simon mrrowed, Ashanti just pressing herself against him to stop her shivering.

"Just go to sleep Simon," Ashanti purred softly, nuzzling close before letting her eyelids flutter to a close.
George Bernard Shaw

15 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:05 am
Prism180 says...

It was late at night. There wasn't a sound at all, but the chirping of crikets in the grass all around. The night was still and it was had become fairly chilly outside. The helicopters, and cars, and the sound of all the animals had died out, nowhere to be seen or heard. Juhi's eyes jolted open. He got up very quickly, looking around for the exit of the shed. He shoved Ashanti on the shoulder, softly, then harder.

"Mom..I gotta...I gotta go to the bathroom.", he said, with much urgency. But to no avail, Ashanti was deep in her slumber, tired and exhausted from the days events. He pushed her even more, but she didn't wake. Juhi ran over to Simon. "Simon...Simon, I gotta go.", he said. But Simon too was deeply immersed in his sleep. Juhi walked over to the door of the shed, and poked his head out. He looked both ways, to make sure everything was safe. He really had to go.

Juhi, now almost to the point of wetting himself, ran over to a nearby patch of grass, quickly relieving himself of his problem. He let out a sigh of comfort, when he was done. He turned to go back to the shed, when he noticed a frog nearby. He looked back to the shed, wanting to go back, but was too interested in the frog that croacked so loudly. He ran over to it, but the frog hopped away. He ran over to its next location, but it hopped once more. By then Juhi was several feet away from the shed and the two animals inside. Juhi liked the frog, he enjoyed its croaking and its company. So he pursued it further, ignoring everything else around.

A couple of yards away, the tall grass near a couple of trash cans, started to move. Then a pointed, scaled head bolted out of the grass, spying on the young cub. It licked its lips in a sign of delight. Its red eyes, fixed directly on the cub, he let out a gentle hiss, as he spotted his first target.

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:52 am
Chupatoasta says...

Juhi pounced, landing on the bull frog with a mrrow or pure pleasure. He let it go, to enjoy the chase a little longer. The young jaguar still didn't notice the huge, deadly snake slinking towards him. "Ah, ah!" He pounced again, the slick frog leaping from a sharp clawed trap. Juhi yowled in laughter, and continued his escapades, the snake getting closer as Juhi played his little game.

"Hello, s-s-s-s-small one," the snake hissed, Juhi's fur standing on end as he whipped around, eyes wide. "Why are you out s-s-s-so late," Juhi took a step back. The snakes hood spread out, and he hissed, baring his long fangs. "I as-s-s-sked a ques-s-s-stion," it slithered closer.

"M-" Juhi turned slowly to run, terrorfied. He knew this was a poisonous snake, and judging by the markings, he was under the human's control. "M-Mom!" Juhi screeched, turning and running as fast as he could back to the shed. His stubby legs, though, didn't offer much help. "MAMA! HELP ME!" He screamed, the snake soon slithering right behind him. The shed seemed like miles away in Juhi's desperation to get there.

Ashanti, hearing the scream, shot up, knocking Simon away. The huge cat groaned and sat up, looking up at her. "What is it?" He asked, but Ashanti's eyes practically told him. He looked down, seeing the missing Juhi, and shot to his feel as well. Ashanti sprinted to the door, looking out.

Juhi saw Ashanti and ran fast, screaming at her to help him. The second Ashanti stepped from the shed to begin running, the snake wrapped its jaws around Juhi's neck, twisting its body quickly around Juhi's small one, injecting vemon into the young cat's bloodstream.

Ashanti yowled and bolted for the fallen cub, snatching the snake up between her jaws and ripping him off of Juhi's neck. The snake twisted, mid-air, and fell to the ground, hissing in pain from the injury on its back and stomach. Ashanti snarled, trying to escape the dread that was filling her heart. The snake lunged. Bad move. Ashanti side stepped, and swung her head around feeling the snake's tail snap between her jaws. She tossed him to the ground, and stepped on his head, eyes full of sheer rage.

The snake hissed in agony, his tail bent at a disgusting angle. "Who are you?" Ashanti snarled, something coming over her as she drug her other foot, claws extended, down the snakes back.

"Adar, my name'sss Adar!" He hissed, Ashanti ready to deliver the last blow.

"MAMA!" She heart Juhi's agonizing scream, and she shot from the snake, all attention on Juhi. She didn't even bother to watch the snake slither away, a blood trail following him. Simon was beside Juhi, looking down at the cub with feeling in his eyes Ashanti couldn't even read. "M-mama, it hurts." Juhi whimpered, Ashanti's eyes filling with tears. He was old enough when he came to the zoo to know that Ashanti wasn't his mother, but he insisted on calling her that despite her obvious dislike to the nickname. Ashanti lowered down to lick the wound on Juhi's neck, tears rolling down her nose and onto the young cub's bloody fur.

"I know sweetie, I know. Listen to me though, you're going to leave Simon and I for a little while. Juhi's eyes filled with fear. "It's nothing you need to be afraid of, I promise. You'll see your grandmother there. Remember my stories of my mother?" The cub nodded, snuggling against Ashanti's chest. This simple move cause tears to pour from Ashanti's eyes.

"Will you come too?" Ashanti smiled down at him, pain obvious. Simon stood and watched, obviously not knowing what to do.

"I'll come as soon as I can. I'll join you one day, I swear." She rasped her tongue over Juhi's pelt, the young cat purring, suddenly screaming and biting into Ashanti's leg with his sharp teeth. Ashanti continued to lick him thoroughly, his soft cries of pain slowly quieting.

Juhi looked up at Ashanti, then Simon. He could feel life slipping from between his paws. At least... at least he wasn't dying in the zoo. At least... at least he could spend time with... with the ones he... loved. "M-ama, Pa-pa."

Ashanti couldn't help but feel sorry for Simon, sorry that he was being drug into the drama. At the same time though, she was happy Juhi had had a father figure in the last moments of his life. "I... love... you," and with that, his eyes fluttered to a close.

Ashanti, unable to hold back any longer, let out a wail, burrying her head into the cub's cooling fur as she let tears pour from her eyes.
George Bernard Shaw

15 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:57 am
Prism180 says...

The sun began to rise over the land. The city in the far distance began to buzz with life, as cars and humans, roamed the streets. Many wonder if anyone had noticed what had happened. So far the only thing left was an empty zoo, with trails and prints of a horde of creatures all over the ground. The air was still, birds werent singing, bees werent buzzing. A stretch of clouds began to pass over the sun, giving shade for all to see. A raindrop hit the earth, followed by what would be a gentle shower.

Ashanti and Simon were standing on a hill. Covered by grass, which was now wet and soaked. Heads down, they didn't say a word. The mood and looks of the two explained everything perfectly. This...was a sad day. And there, the thing that lay infront of them, was a mound of dirt and mud, in which the body of Juhi, rested for all eternity. Simon looked over at Ashanti, not knowing what to say. He was sad, but had no idea the pain and sadness she was feeling. He opened his mouth to speak, but thought that right now, it was best to remain silent.

Ashanti, laid down and rested next to the mound. She looked over the horizon, and at the foggy mist that cover the ground. Simon just stood there, and questioned himself and why he was here. And now that Juhi was gone..he felt as if the young cub had been apart of him...family. It was pure silence for the next couple of hours.

Ashanti finally raised her head and looked over at Simon. "Simon...I'm glad you came. I-." Simon gently gave her a shhh, meaning that she didn't have to say a word. He knew, he understood. He wanted to be there. And now, he was going to stay. He laid down, and nestled next to Ashanti, who lowered down her head and gave a smile. Simon did the same. Their eyes met, their souls fused, and their hearts mended. The rain began to cease, and the sun began to shine once more.

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:29 am
Chupatoasta says...

Later, in the cover of the night, Ashanti and Simon left Juhi's final resting place. Oh, how she wished he could have seen the wild at least once. Guilt filled her heart. She shouldn't have let him leave without her. She should have woken up the second he'd left her side. "What's wrong?" Simon asked, looking down at her. He'd obviously noticed the grief that overcame Ashanti. She shook her head, and Simon side-stepped, stopping her mid-stride. "Don't lie..." he spoke softly. "Tell me, please." His eyes were pleading.

Ashanti pressed her head into Simon's chest, and sat down, the guilt overwhelming.

Tears slowly rolled down her muzzle.

"It was my fault." She sniffed, squinting the tears. "Had I woken up... had I woken up when he left my side, and went with him... that wouldn't have happened! He would have been here now, getting closer to our homelands." She grimaced, clenching her jaw. Maybe... maybe she'd do what her mother had done when she was angry. Maybe she'd hunt. Her stomach growled, as if on key. She felt Simon sit down, and then nuzzle her good shoulder comfortingly.

"You did all you could. It's those damned humans. None of this was your fault." Ashanti shook her head, growling lightly.

"But it was! Had I just... had I just..."

"Nothing else could have been done. You were injured, and had reason to sleep. If anyone should feel guity, it's me. I'm a light sleeper, and yet, I didn't wake up to go out with him." Ashanti shook her head.

"No, it's not... not your fault." She attempted a smile to him, but it just wasn't going to happen.

"And it's not yours either." Ashanti sighed, and leaned into Simon, letting her tears fall.
George Bernard Shaw

15 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:59 am
Prism180 says...

It was midnight now, and the night life began to spring to life. Ashanti was now laying down in a soft patch of dirt, who had since cried herself to sleep. Simon stood there, on guard, not letting anything else happen to them. He nudged Ashanti on her cheek, hoping she would wake up. He didn't want to disturb her right now, but it was time to move on. He looked down at her body, it was fraile and bony. None of them had eaten for a while and it was now showing.

He got an idea and nudged her once more. She woke up with a loud yawn, showing her teeth and all. "Haha, you awake?", Simon asked jokingly. Ashanti smiled and gave a nod of the head. Simon gestured for Ashanti to get up, and she did. You could hear the bones pop and her muscles clench. "See that's what were going to take care of.", Simon said, examining her up and down. She smiled. "Ha, what do you mean?"

The grass was extremely tall. About seven or eight feet in height. There was a munching sound, as a herd of deer, gently nibbled on the shrubs and shoots that littered the ground. And beyond that was a lake, that many of them were taking a cool drink from. The splashing of the babies and the nibbling of the adults was enough to drive a crocodile or lion insane. But deep in the grass, sit Ashanti and Simon. Hunched forward, claws bared, they didn't make a sound. Simon looked over to Ashanti, who looked over at him. They both smiled, and stared glaringly at the delicious delight that seemed to welcome them with open arms.

Seconds passed by. Then with a great leap they bolted out of the grass, sending the herd of deer into a scattering frenzy. There was slashing of claws and teeth, and the roars and screams of the animals filled the air. It was silent. Simon and Ashanti lay before the shiny moonlit lake, with their catch lying right before them like a banquet. They looked at each other. Ashanti nuzzled Simon's neck. Simon nuzzled Ashanti's. They looked down at their meal.

"After you.", Simon said, pushing the deer over to Ashanti. She smiled, ready for the main course.

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:33 am
Chupatoasta says...

This was too much like one of those 'moving pictures' that the two-leggers watched. The one where there were two dogs, eating some kind of human food. Ashanti remembered it vividly, as it was only three years ago that she'd been in a human home. With a sigh of hunger, Ashanti dug in.

After a few moments of eating, she felt the dead dear move as Simon began to eat as well. Ashanti sat down, embarrassed by her starving hunger to begin with, and just watched as Simon ate, admiring how he seemed so... wild when he ate. There was no way she looked like that. She's never had an actual meal off an animal she'd killed herself... well, Simon did most of it, but still.

"You're not eating..." Simon noted, sitting down next to Ashanti. She smiled crookedly.

"No... I wanted you to eat first," she smiled softly. Simon eyes her body quickly, noting her prodding ribs, and thin stomach. He smiled and nuzzled her gently.

"You need to eat. Eat with me." Ashanti smiled at him and then, in time with Simon, took a bite of the meat, chewing it thoughtfully before taking another one.
George Bernard Shaw

15 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:22 am
Prism180 says...

The deer was half-eaten, and the two animals were so stuffed with food. Both of them lie on their backs, while their food settled in their bellys. They looked up, staring at the moon. It was a new moon, very bright, lighting up the entire field. It was a beautiful sight, small, gentle clouds passed infront of it, driven by the wind that cooled the night air.

Ashanti looked over to see Simon, gazing up, almost as if he was in a trance. "What are you looking at?", she said gently, quickly jerking Simon out of his daze. "Oh nothing.", he said, who was still looking up at the sky. Ashanti smiled. "What are you thinking about." Simon turned over now looking at her. "I'm thinking...about home, my real home, you know. Like what its like now, and how its gonna be when I go back." Ashanti gave him a puzzling look. "Just you?", she asked. Simon was now looking embarassed and guilty at the same time. "Yea..and maybe you...together." They both sat up now. "What..do you mean?",she asked, looking for the answer she wanted to hear. Simon began to speak. "Well..its just that...that I lo-" His words were cut off by the sound of rustling in the grass nearby.

Both of the animals stood up now, aware and alert for any sign of danger. Then, out of the brush popped someone they would have never thought they would have seen again. "Rafi!", Ashanti yelled. Rafi ran over to the both of them, smiling at Ashanti, and yet smirking at Simon. "Wha..where have you been? Where did you go?",she asked. Rafi stopped, leaning over with his hands on his knees, trying to catch a breath. "The bo...the bo...the-", he tried to speak but his lungs were deprived of air. "Haha, Rafi slow down, breathe." The monkey slowed down, breathing deeply, doing as Ashanti had advised. "The boats..they are leaving! For home!" Ashanti and Simon looked wildly at each other. "What do you mean? When?", Simon asked, looking for answers then and there. Rafi was reluctant to even speak to Simon, but this was a matter of urgency. "Three days, the boats leave in three days, for home!"

Rafi paused his breathless chattering to come to confusion. He looked around, as if he was desperately searching for something. "Ummm...is there someone missing here? Wheres little Juhi." Simon instantly knew what was about to happen next. He looked over to see Ashanti lower her head, and her eyes began to water. "He's gone....Rafi.",she said, sadly. Rafi had grown a big frown on his face, trying to hold back the oncoming tears. "Look Ashanti, I'm sorry.", he said, wishing he had never brought it up. "Its ok....its ok", she said, now holding her head up.

She wiped her eyes, finally dealing with her loss. "Now, our concern now is to get to that boat.", she said, quickly snapping back into reality. The others did the same. Simon turned his gaze from Ashanti to Rafi. "Now, where is this boat?" Rafi pointed north of where they were. "It's that way, down by the docks. Its about 30 miles or so." Ashanti gave a puzzled look. "How do you know?" Rafi snapped his look at her. "You see alot when you're being chased on the back of an elephant." They all started to smile. "Then lets go! Let's get to that boat!", Simon said as he burst to life with anticipation of going back home.

Rafi jumped on Ashanti's back, as all three of them rode off through the grass, and over the hills.

23 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:45 am
Chupatoasta says...

This was it! They were finally... finally going home. Rafi leaped from Ashanti's back to Simon's seeing that the larger cat didn't have a hurt shoulder. No... Ashanti began to slow, the two males running ahead, unnoticing. No... she wasn't going home. She had no home. Rafi spent a year in the wild before coming, and Simon had only just arrived. They were the ones who were truly going home. The two broke through the bushes, Simon's face confused.

"What's wrong?" Rafi asked, leaping from Simon's back. Ashanti took a step back, and then another. She shook her spotted head side to side.

"I-I can't... I don't belong out there. I was taken at birth from my home. I was raised here, by two-leggers. I've lived at the zoo too long... I couldn't even hunt right, much less make it in the wild. It's... it's not my home anymore." Without thinking, Ashanti spun around, and darted off, through the brush. She was scared... of everything right now.

She ran in circles a few moments, hoping they'd give up, if they were even following her. Ashanti positioned herself under a thick, tall tree, and jumped up, her claws sinking smoothly into the truck. She brought her back feet up, and pushed herself higher, finding a nice place between two branches, high above the ground. And to think... she'd never climbed a tree.

"Well..its just that...that I lo-"

Ashanti shook her head. No... he wasn't going to say that. How could anyone, especially him, love her. She wasn't... right. Nothing about her was right. She was weak, scarred, and nothing about her was even close to being alright. She'd let Juhi die... and... she knew Simon hadn't been about to say that. It was impossible.

Upon hearing distant footsteps, that she could distinct between human or animal, Ashanti leaped to the highest branch, balancing herself on it smoothly.
George Bernard Shaw

15 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:20 am
Prism180 says...

Rafi and Simon ran to the base of the tree, looking up in bewilderment as Ashanti clung to the branches above. She was fairly far up the tree, and had no intention of coming down. "Ashanti come on, get down from up there.", he called out, hoping she would listen. She responded by turning and looking the other way, in an attempt to block out the words. Rafi waved a finger up at her. "Ashanti you come down right now! Don't make me come up there!" He turned to Simon. "Cause she know I can." But still to no use, she stayed up there, not coming down anytime soon.

"Ashanti please, I can help you. We can help you.", he bellowed out. Ashanti perked her ears up, at least trying to listen to a word he was saying. "I know that it will be hard but, it's a new life...for all of us!" The words were getting to her, but she still didn't want to come down. Rafi stood there midly convinced by his words. Simon was now desperate, and used whatever propaganda he could to coax her down. "Think of what Juhi would want." Ashanti turned her head to look down at Simon, holding back a few tears. "He would want this...for all of us. He would be proud. I'm pretty sure he wanted to play in the fields and hunt and be with you..at home, your real home." Ashanti leaned her head forward, with a tear rolling down her cheek. "How...how do you know?", she asked. Simon was now relieved, at least she was responding. "I don't..but it's an experience that we could be in together, you and me." She bellowed out once more. "And why should I go!." Simon hopped up on the tree. "Because I love you!" There was an errie silence for the next couple of seconds.

"You WHAT?!", Rafi yelled out. The monkey placed a hand on his forehead and fainted on the ground. Ashanti gazed down at Simon, and Simon up at her. "You what....", she asked. "I love you Ashanti. From the moment we met...you were...everything I ever dreamed of." Those words brought a smile on her face. Then, after several moments passed by, she steadily started climbing down from the tree. They looked into each others eyes. "I...love you too.", she said, very sweetly. They got closer and started nuzzling each other, filling the other person with passion and warmth. It was a good feeling, that brought them closer and closer binding them together as one. Never had either of them felt something as good as this...it was peace, heaven....love.

A bird flew overhead an landed on a branch, and started singing. Both of the animals look up. The bird looked down and stopped singing. "......What?...Just singing, on this branch. Okaaaaaay, guess I'll be going now." He fluttered his wings and took off into the sky. Both of the animals laughed, wondering at what just happened. "Haha, lets...just get him up.", Ashanti said, picking up the fainted Rafi off of the ground.

If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.
— Lemony Snicket