z

Young Writers Society

Twisted (Jasminebells, Forsakinshadows, Sillyducky, Prism)

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:26 am
Jas says...

Here's the profile guys. You know what to do, lol.

Name:
Age (16-19):
Gender(Not very hard):
Picture AND Appearance (What s/he normally wears, stuff like that)
Habits (Habits to fidget, bite their nails, kill their husbands, etc):
History (Must be at least a paragraph. We went over this stuff and all you guys have it, lol) :
Love Relations:
Relations to other characters(All other characters. Blue is most important, red is next and green is the nobodies. Orange is the in betweenies.):

Alyssa Davis:
Brooke Fairsmith Juston:
Kathrine Wheeler:
Christain Reid:

Jane Davis:
William Juston:
Illana Wheeler:
Sebastion Wheeler:
Anabelle Fairsmith:
Dylan Sharpe:
Family (Dead and alive, put the names too):
Plot (What happens to this character?):

All righty guys, we talked about this for HOURS. We must use proper grammar, we must use our thinking caps, please don't put in brand spanking new twists without asking all of us :). You can make new characters but not very important ones, not ones that would need a history. Let's write Twisted! :D
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:30 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Kathrine Wheeler

There was this smell in the air, it was priceless. No rich house could copy the distinct smell of the air. This was what I called home. And no one could take this from me. Around me was my family and friends. My sister sat next to me, my brother Sebastian, who was maybe eight, was on my other side. This was just so spectacular to me, and amazing. This was a party, but for the poor like us. It didn't matter if you had fine clothes or jewels to look beautiful. All you needed was your closest friends and family to make you happy.

As I thought this, I looked down at my dress. It had once been an amazing shade of purple, bright and gorgeous. Now, it was faded, and it almost looked brown. Sebastian's clothes were torn like mine were, and so were Illana's, but that didn't trouble any of the people here, for they were just like us.

The music filled the air, and the rum was passed around. I took none, not wanting a drink. I nibbled on the bread, and ate the nuts. I looked around at all of the people I recognized. My fellow poor people. I laughed at the thought, but it was so true. What little we had was either stolen, or found in the trash or on the street. We weren't the proudest people in the world, but we weren't the saddest about who we were. We did honest work, the kind of work we were proud of doing. We stole what we needed, and we found the things that were useful to us.

And these were the kind of memories we made. Memories that we knew would last us a long time, no matter how much we changed. I knew what we looked like, what I looked like, and it didn't bother me, or any of us for that matter. I looked at my hair as it fell over my shoulder. It was normally a bright white color after I washed it. But most of us hadn't bathed in so long, my hair could be mistaken for brown. But that was just a part of the way we lived.

It didn't bother me that some of were disgusted by others of us. They were new, and it still hadn't sunk in yet that they looked just as bad. I sighed as I noticed some of them getting together to dance. It thrilled me that we could be normal as a family. This was normal to me. I glanced around, smiling at this sight. These were the memories I was talking about. Things that, if we ever were changed, we would think about as "Good times".

I hated to leave so early, but I was tired, and I really didn't want to stay much longer. I heard the music disappear as I walked outside with Sebastian. I knew Illana could take care of herself as I could. But Sebastian was too young to even be alone. We waked back to the alley we had called home. It was dark, and we sat, huddled together, waiting for the sun to rise together, discussing everything.

Kathrine sighed, looking at her brother who was now ten. She thought of her sister, who she missed dearly. She knew it was better if she died though. No more worry or fear, but what about her family. Well, brother and sister. They missed her more than anything.

It had been a long time sense either of them saw their sister, so they had vague memories. Kathrine had been with her longer, so she remembered her more. Sebastian, on the other hand, hadn't got to see her the last week she was alive. Those memories haunted Kathrine for the rest of her life, no doubt. But the past was past, and she knew she had to get over it, sooner or later.
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:35 am
sillyducky says...

Alyssa Davis
I felt overcrowded. Silence was what I needed, what I had always craved. Yet music still flowed through the pub, creating a cacophany of noise, staining the air like wine on silk. Looking down, I deeply regretted not taking more care while walking there, as the hem of my dress was covered in mud. It was not a nice dress- a nice dress was not worn to occassions like these, but Mother would still undoubtedly scold me for even coming near mud. We might be poor, she would say, but we are not filthy.
A man came up to me, his face filthy with dirt and his eyes filled with hunger. As he smiled, I noticed his yellowing, crooked teeth. He raised his cup. "To you miss," he slurred. Then he reached out for my hand which a pulled back. The last look on his face before he fainted was not one of embarrasment or regret, as any gentlemans would have been, but one of complete senselessness. The poor man, if anyone could ever call him poor, had lost his mind.
A woman of higher breeding would have been appalled at this display, but I didn't even notice it.
A hand touched my shoudler gently.
"Miss Davis?" came a playful voice.
I turned around to see my best friend, Dylan, bowing with his hand outstretched.
"Mr. Sharpe," I said, going along with the facade. Gracefully, I curtsied.
"Would you care to dance?"
Slowly, I broke into a smile. This evening had just gotten a lot better. While Dylan could be annoying at times, he was the most exciting person in the world when on the dance floor. The crowd bellowed as Dylan and I stepped into the middle of the pub. Some of the men had obviously had a bit too much to drink that night, reaching out their hands which Dylan immediatly swatted away. I smiled, he was a good friend, almost like a brother. At least, he would have been like a brother if people would have stopped suggesting that we get married.
The thing about dancing with Dylan was that he was so amazing that everyone stared at him and his partner. It didn't matter if she was the most ugly girl in the world- she always looked beautiful while dancing with Dylan.
The noise in the pub would have been unbearably loud if I hadn't of been dancing. A fight broke off near the bar, and a man got a bloodied nose.
I groaned. The man with the bloodied nose was my father.
Reluctantly, I broke away from Dylan, muttering an apologetic phrase. He frowned in sympathy.
Then I went over to my father, pulled him up off the ground and heaved him onto my back. He was a very frail man, but the slimebag who had just been beating him up still looked shocked at the display of strength. As my father's head fell over my shoulder, I cringed at the smell of rum on his breath. Staggering, I walked out of the party, dreading the long trek home.
Writing's a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia E.L. Doctorow
I've always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first is ransom notes Philip Dusenberry
I'm so clever that I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying Oscar Wilde

336 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:46 am
Jas says...

Brooke

I had worn my red dress, the best I had own at the time. It had, as all of my clothes, even the ones worn to the thread, accentuated my curves and I looked brilliant. My cheeks were rosy from hours of pulling and I had applied a bit of the cheap "perfume" I bought from the dirty homeless children. The "party", if you could call it that, was being held in a small pub, hosted by the owner, a tall, broad man whose laugh came easy and gave free drinks out. He had hit it rich in his trades and was holding a party for a bunch of right-out strangers to celebrate.

It had been two years since that night, but I still remember the twinkle everyone's eyes seemed to hold. Here we were, the rats of society, having a party, playing music and downing rum. There was no food other than a bit of stale bread that not a person had touched, but no one had minded, we were all too happy. Their were couples snogging, laughter rang through the air and music danced it's way from the cracked black and white piano keys.

Many men, varying from shameless half-naked bearded lunatics to well-mannered, charming thieves, approached me that night, asking for a dance or if I wanted to head upstairs, but I didn't let the more lewd ones ruin my mood; I politely declined the ones who wished to dance who were less than handsome and forced myself away from the more sexually energized men. The bar wasn't exactly immaculately clean or decorated like one of the Queen's balls, but none the less, it was the best I got and I made the most of it that night. I drank and danced and laughed like I had never laughed before, which to tell you the truth, I never quite did.

It was perhaps, the first and only night I had ever not felt like a roach compared to the high class Dukes and royals and such. My aristocrat nose, high cheekbones and naturally healthy complexion, all added up to someone who should be sipping French wine and wearing ball gowns made from satin and silk, not knocking back rum and laughing with a bunch of sweaty pricks. It was the life I didn't want and didn't deserve, treading home alone through the dark night, where the slightest sound could be your death, I swore that it was not the life I would lead.

She lay in the four poster bed, smiling to herself as she saw the irony in the memory. She swore she wouldn't live that life, yet every time she was left to her thoughts, which with her rich, businessman, husband was often, she would relive every moment of that party. Every scream of joy, every sparkle in every eye, every smile was imprinted in her mind forever, leaving her with an aching sense of guilt. No ball, or tea with the Queen or husband or new life would get it out. No matter what.
I am nothing

~*~

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:09 am
sillyducky says...

Name: Alyssa Davis
Picture: http://img72.imageshack.us/i/001fv9.jpg/
Appearance: Has dirty blonde hair with a hint of red in it. It's wavy and she wears it down, which was unheard of back then. She's a very down to earth girl and usually has mud and dirt running across her face. Her eyes are chocolate brown and her eyelashes are thin and child-like. Her lips are full, but not obnoxious, and her skin is pale, and the most flawless thing about her.
Habits: Alyssa enjoys boyish things such as playing with her father’s pocket knife and is very good at whittling. She is a costermonger which means that she sells things such as fruit on the street. Usually, though, she helps her father who is also a costermonger with his fish stand. She has little to no education, but is very smart. She loves to hang out with her best friend Dylan Sharpe, even though it is considered improper for her to have a best friend that’s a guy. Her relationship with him is extremely close, as they have known each other since they were two. They do almost everything together. As soon as she finishes helping her father at his stand, she visits Dylan. Alyssa is also very good at math, which is unusual for a woman in that time, but her father accepts this and has her do his taxes and such for him. She doesn't have many fidgets, other than occasionally biting her nails and tapping her fingers.
History: She is seventeen years old and has known Dylan since she was two. She is in love with Christian Reid who is rich and also her other best friend, Kathrine’s love interest. Alyssa still has both of her parents and a brother and a sister, but her brother is deathly ill, and her sister is a prostitute who she does not get along with very well. Her sister was disowned at age seventeen, and Alyssa often regrets not being there more for her sister. She lives in a one room squalid house with another family.
Other: People think that Dylan and Alyssa should marry, but Alyssa is against the idea. Dylan is not so sure.
Love Relation: Christian Reid is who she likes, but Dylan Sharpe likes her.
Family: She has a younger brother named Carl who is dying. She has an older sister named Jane who is a prostitute. Her mother and father are fish costermongers. She has lost one sibling, Lydia, to scarlet death.
Relations to other characters:
Dylan Sharpe: Her best friend that she has known since she was two years old. Like a brother to her, but Dylan is in love with her.
Christian Reid: Thinks that she's in love with Christian, but she mistakes lust for love because Christian is so handsome. She meets him after one of her best friends (Kathrine Wheeler) starts seeing him.
Brooke Juston: Didn't know her very well at first, but then her sister was convicted of murder by Brooke and Alyssa hates her with a fiery passion. She's the only person in the world that Alyssa truly hates.
Kathrine Wheeler: Kathrine was a childhood friend of Alyssa's. Alyssa likes Christian, the guy that loves Kathrine.
William Juston: Has heard of him, because he's very rich, but didn't know him until she realized that that was the man Jane was convicted of killing.
Jane Davis: Her sister who sleeps with men for money.
Plot: Alyssa gets a happy ending with Dylan Sharpe who has been in love with her all the time. She has a comfortable residence eventually, for Dylan comes into money when his friend, who was rich, died and left the money to him.
Last edited by sillyducky on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Writing's a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia E.L. Doctorow
I've always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first is ransom notes Philip Dusenberry
I'm so clever that I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying Oscar Wilde

336 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:33 am
Jas says...

Name: Brooke Fairsmith Juston

Age (16-22): 20.6

Gender(Not very hard): Female

Picture AND Appearance (What s/he normally wears, stuff like that): http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_E0yTroB0VA4/SvBrHIIocxI/AAAAAAAACCk/a75cNGqytPw/s400/3784_i3_Untitled-3.jpg
Her hair is shiny, silky chocolate brown with natural strands of red and blonde, straight now to the middle of her back then it gently spirals in soft curls till the tip of her waist. Her eyes a mixture between forest green and chocolate brown, more commonly known as, hazel. Her eyelashes naturally long and curled and her skin virtually flawless, Brooke is a gorgeous girl. She's pretty tall at 6'1 and is skinny in a healthy way. She used to wear only old, homeless people clothes but after persuading a young store clerk into letting her borrow a beautiful gown, she met her future husband, married him, and now wears nothing but drop-dead beautiful and expensive clothes.

Habits (Habits to fidget, bite their nails, kill their husbands, etc): She twists locks of her hair around her fingers when she nervous or lying. She doesn't gets upset very easily, but she does hold grudges. Revenge is a big thing with her. She knits when she's bored and thinks about her old life whenever she's left alone.

History (Must be at least a paragraph. We went over this stuff and all you guys have it, lol) : She was originally dirt poor, living with her mother in a small trailer like house, but when her mother died when she was 12 and she was left alone. She used her amazing good looks to persuade a store clerk to give her a ball gown and again using her manipulative personality to get into the Duke Andrew's ball. It was there that she met William Juston, the 35 year old business man, and married him shortly after finding out how much cash he really had.

Love Relations: First husband: William Juston; 35; trading businessman; murdered by Brooke; murder was blamed on Jane whom he was paying for sex
Engaged to: Christian Reid; 19; just wants his money; finds him attractive but isn't looking for romance

Relations to other characters(All other characters. Blue is most important, red is next and green is the nobodies. Orange is the in betweenies.):

Alyssa Davis: Used to see her occasionally by the slums but never really knew her until her older sister Jane started to sleep for money, with Brooke's husband.
Brooke Fairsmith Juston: This is her :p
Kathrine Wheeler: Brooke's fiance will fall in love with this girl and this girl is for some reason, always around the courtyard *hmm, I wonder why, lol*
Christian Reid: Engaged to him, but not for love, but to get his money.
Jane Davis: Jane slept with Brooke's husband for money and was wrongly blamed for his murder.
William Juston: Her first husband. Brooke killed him for his money then blamed it on Jane.
Ileana Wheeler: She didn't know her at all. Ileana is dead.
Sebastian Wheeler: Doesn't know him at all but sometimes saw him begging when she went to the bazaar or marketplace.
Anabelle Fairsmith: Her mother, not a very good mother, but a mother none the less. She died when Brooke was 12.
Dylan Sharpe: Doesn't know him but again, saw him in the slums. Knew he was a thief but didn't know his name. Was there with Alyssa when Jane was taken to jail.

Family (Dead and alive, put the names too): Annabelle Fairsmith was her mother. Doesn't have any siblings. Father is unknown, either left her or is dead.

Plot (What happens to this character?): She ends up with Christians brother and never gets caught for the murder but Jane is let free, because she .

Will be finished after 3 hour tennis tournament :D
I am nothing

~*~

I'm officially making it my goal in life to become a roomba. I want to be little robot. I want knives taped to me. I want to be free.
— TheMulticoloredCyr