Ship Mate's Love

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue May 25, 2010 1:04 am
Chupatoasta says...

Rebecca Forgione:
Spoiler! :
(She's posing as a ship boy)

"Forge! Hey Forge! Get up, work's 'bout to start!" A gruff man shoved Rebecca out of her bed. She covered her mouth to keep from squealing like the girl she was. If they knew... oh boy if they knew! Rebecca, which the best deep groan she could muster, she pushed herself up off the ground, trudging to the cook's room, where the scent of spice was heavy in the air.

"Taste this Forge!" The cook, Grey, shoved a spoon of spicy liquid into Rebecca's mouth, the girl taking it in quickly.

"Needs more tobasco!" She coughed, whiping her mouth before grabbing a bit of the red liquid off the rack. She dropped the bottle in the soup, Grey laughing loudly, and heartily.

Grey got mad the first time she did it, but after two years of dealing with Rebecca, he was used to it. He was also the only one who knew of her secret. She tipped her hat to the cook, who just laughed, and she walked out, running into the captain.

"Mornin' Forge," the heavyset captain greeted, smiling cheekily.

"Cap'n," Rebecca tipped her hat with a smile, and hurried passed the captain, slamming into another male crew member, around her age.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue May 25, 2010 1:19 am
ArahniaSiddel says...

Saul

Spoiler! :
boy.jpg
boy.jpg (11.55 KiB) Viewed 156 times

Sorry I know this is short, but this is my first one and I don't want to do anything wrong :)

A boy slammed into me. I turned glaring as he scurried off. He had dark brown wavy hair. Wait I had seen him before. He was the cook’s assistant. I smiled. I had only been on the ship for a few days and already knew some people. This wasn’t going to so bad after all. At least it would be better than my life before.

“Come on,” Said Andrew in his Irish accent. “Ya ever sewed before boy?” I hurried after him. I had sewed plenty. That was one of the things I hated about my old life. Now I was getting stuck with it again.

23 Reviews

Wed May 26, 2010 3:08 am
Chupatoasta says...

Rebecca smiled at they neared the Port of John's Mith. The salty air whipped at her face, only leaving her with a brighter smile. "Forge!" The cook yelled for her, Rebecca starting to skip back to him. He shoved another spoon into her mouth, Rebecca once again hacking. "Is it that bad?!"

"N-no, it's delicious! Just stop shoving things in my mouth." The cook turned red with humor and started to laugh, Rebecca hitting him repeatedly. "I didn't mean it like that you perve!" She shouted, pouting. Grey snorted and shook his head, the cap'n suddenly yelling that they were at dock.

"Okay all, take you pay and buy something nice! We'll all meet at the brothel, Gray Lady, in a couple hours." The captain let off a mischiveous smile, looking over at Grey, who let out a loud laugh, shaking his head with laughter.

Rebecca, not even trying to understand their exchange, was the first to step off the boat, and speed into town. She needed the only thing that would calm a woman, and lots of it. A lot of that glorious candy that melted in her mouth. That precious... chocolate.
George Bernard Shaw

48 Reviews

Wed May 26, 2010 7:59 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Saul

Saul was the last one to touch the ground. It felt so good not to be rocking with the waves. He kicked the dirt. Watching how it got caught up in the wind. He wasn’t going to waste all his time enjoying the scenery he had money in his pocket. He wanted to get a tattoo, and he wanted to buy some food. After that he didn’t have anything to spend it on. So he like always would go window shopping.

Main street wasn’t too spectacular in this town so Saul walked slowly to make it last. As he meandered around he bought some soap, bread, and a new pair of boots. He didn’t have a lot of money, time, or town left so he stepped into the first shop he saw. He didn’t get too far because he walked straight into the cook’s assistant. Chocolate flew everywhere.

“Watch where you’re going!” The boy yelled his face turning red. Saul laughed.

“Consider it even.”

“I paid good money for that!” the boy wasn’t laughing it off. He pointed at the shattered glass.

“Alright alright, I’ll pay you enough to get the same thing. Sheesh. You can’t blow something off, can you?”

23 Reviews

Wed May 26, 2010 11:58 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Rebecca glared, huffing angrily. "I can," her voice squeaked, and she cleared her throat, deepening her voice considerably. "I just... chocolate... It's been too long, and here you come, not watching where you're going, and smack right into me! It's been months since I've had chocolate, did you know that?!" She glared, picking up the wrapped pieces of chocolate, which she was forced to stuff in her pockets after her class carrying case had been broken. "People like me need that stuff you know?!"

"You mean women like you?" He seemed serious. Rebecca's face paled noticably.

"I'm just kidding! You're griping like a woman though, god forbid." Rebecca let out a noticable breath, restraining from whiping her brow.

"Yeah, well... you're... you're... ugh!" She threw her hands up in defeat, and stomped off, away from the young man, her hands full with chocolate, and other bags of necessities. She turned around, looking into his eyes. "Are you coming?" The guy jogged over to her, sighing. "What's your name?"
George Bernard Shaw

48 Reviews

Fri May 28, 2010 1:14 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

This boy had a problem. He had seemed so scared when I said he was a girl. Ran a few steps then slowed to a walk.

“What’s your name?”

“Forge.” The girl said angrily. We started to walk at a brisker pace when we saw the ship getting ready to leave.

“So, you’re the cook’s assistant?”

“Yeah, what’s with all the questions?”

“Why are you so cranky?”

23 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:31 am
Chupatoasta says...

Rebecca groaned loudly, and angrily, and swung onto the ship, running to the cook's quarters. She threw her bags down, and handed Cook all of his, the big man smiled happily. "Thank ye lass." He grinned, Becca looking around to make sure nobody heard.

"No problem," she sighed, in her normal voice. She took out a piece of chocolate, and set it on her tongue. Leaning against the wall, she slid to the ground with a moan of pleasure, the chocolate-y goodness melting on her tongue.

Cook laughed loudly, rolling his eyes. "Sorry... it's been so long." She grinned, slipping in another piece. The boy from before happened to find his way into her thoughts, only irritating Rebecca the more she thought about him.
George Bernard Shaw

48 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:10 am
ArahniaSiddel says...

It had been two weeks since his last run in with Forge. Why was he even thinking about that? The boy seemed to pop into his mind at least five times a day. Just from Forge serving meals Saul had his face memorized. He shook his head, and started to scrub the deck harder.

A large boom echoed off the walls. A moment later the alarms went up. Everyone rushed to action. Soon sweat poured off him. He was a powder monkey, running from cannon to cannon. He worked as fast as he could, but he was still far behind. He glanced up a moment as someone was thrown overboard still screaming, but too badly wounded to live. Bile rose in his throat.

His fleet was doing better than the other, but there was still so many injures. A cannon flew back splinters flying everywhere embedding themselves. It seemed like slow motion. He saw the cannon an inch away from his body. Then everything went black.

People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
— Albus Dumbledore