z

Young Writers Society

Lost In The Woods

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:26 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Derrick

I got out and stretched. Simple, but it was home. It was just a third-floor apartment, but it was one of the grander ones I'd been in. I just didn't have a roommate to occupy the second, now-empty bedroom since she moved out...

I cleared my throat, pushing those thoughts aside. "Well, this is home. We're up there, top floor. Climbing stairs won't bother you, I suppose?"

She shook her head. I shrugged. "I'll show you around, then we can see about getting you some...things." I was beginning to think about the mistake I had made; she would be expensive - clothes, utensils, extra food. But I waved that off; rescuing a fellow human being far outweighed my personal drawbacks.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:40 am
SisterItaly says...

As soon as i got back into the swing of things i would leave him alone. We walked together to the front door, i hoped none of his friends were around. Mike was just awkward... I shifted my weight as he opened the door for me.
"How gentalman like." I rolled my eyes at him. I tried not to touch anything, it was all so clean. I was used to sleeping in dirt for crying out loud, so this was just odd.

He opened the second door for me, after unlocking it. He was thinking about something, i could see it in his face. I left him alone, i wouldn't want to be interupted during my thoughts. He started up the stairs, this wouldn't be hard, i could climb trees, so i could climb stairs
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:45 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Dynamo wants to know why you haven't posted in the storybook lately...***

Derrick

I led her up the stairs and down the hall. I finally reached my door and unlocked it, revealing the realm within.

It was a simple apartment; two bedrooms, two baths, a living-dining room area I liked to call the Common, and a kitchen. Of course, there were about five little closets, one in each bath and bedroom, and one in the kitchen. I sighed, looking at the creme colored walls, adorned with Alaskan trinkets like eskimo masks, caribou antlers, a bear skin, pictures of the mountains and glaciers. I had loved that place; I wished I could go back.

I suddenly remembered Friday was there. "Here, let me show you around."

I set my wallet and keys on the table in the foyer. We followed the hallway into the kitchen - it was a fully-equipped place, with a stove, microwave, and refridgerator-freezer. The counters were a little cluttered, but I knew that to typical of a man. We never really did care too much for cooking or related areas and just made do with microwaves and take-out.

A half-wall separated the kitchen from the common room. The Common had a sleeper-sofa and a love seat to one side, and a pair of recliners on the other. A square table rested between them; it was the card-and-pizza table for when the guys came over to watch games and just be idiot drunks until they passed out at three o'clock in the morning. Two hallways forked off in either direction, each leading to a bedroom and bath.

I faced her and leaned against the sofa. "My bedroom's to the right. Yours can be to the left; it's got a full set of everything - closet, bed set, dresser space. You'd like the bathroom, too. It has a jacuzzi tub and granite counter tops and floor tiles." I waved her in that direction. "Check it out; I'll be over here when you're ready to go shopping."
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
— Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"