z

Young Writers Society

Forgotton

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:46 pm
SisterItaly says...

Frank was absolutely hammered! I'd never seen him drunk before, it was quite a sight, he didn't even recognize us. I heard Gary call from upstairs, i squeezed Liam's hand again. In return he squeezed my hand to. My stomach twisted. I saw Gary coming down the stairs. He was watching his steps, so he wouldn't fall. When he finally looked up he looked ticked.

"what the 'ell you doing 'ere?" He slurred his words as well, obviously drunk. I shuddered and Liam tightened his grip again. When he finally reach us he grabbed my arm.
"Where's the key?" I sputtered before swallowing my pride and answering.
"I threw it up, while we were with the crypts." i lowered my voice at that last bit. He let my arm go and looked completely pissed.
"Then get out a 'ere" Liam looked shocked.
"w-what?" Gary got right into his face.
"I. SAID. GET. OUT. OF. HERE. before i change my mind and blow your blasted brains out!"
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:42 pm
Sins says...

Grabbing my arm, my father screamed in my face. I couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't take him anymore. Showing none of my fear, I stared into his cold, hard eyes.

"No." I said simply.

My father simply looked at me, surprised. Shawn on the other hand looked worried. I knew that I was being an idiot, but I was fed up of letting my father tell me what to do. My dad's lip curled upwards in annoyance.

"Get. Out." He spat in my face. "Don't think I won't kill you."

I shuddered at the truth in his words. If anything, he was dying to kill me. I wasn't going to give in though. This wasn't only his house, he didn't pay for it to begin with; my mother did. Technically, it was mine more than it was his.

"Why?" I shrugged trying my best to look relaxed.

"Liam!" Shawn nudged me.

I turned to her. Her eyes were wide and she clearly wasn't very happy with what I was doing. This wasn't about her anymore, it was about me and my dad. There were so many things that she didn't know about us.

"Why?!" My dad screamed in my face. "Are you stupid or something?"
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

66 Reviews

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:41 am
SisterItaly says...

I stepped between the two, if Liam had some unfinished business, then he would have to include me. Liam tried to step in front of me, but i stopped him.
"Shawn, let me past." He sounded really mad. But i held my ground.
"Liam listen to me. I don't want you to get hurt." Gary burst out laughing.
"what you love him or somein'?" I looked at the ground. Did i love him? Is that what i had said in the hospitable? I looked back up, at Gary this time.
"Ya, i think i do." His face turned beet red. I looked back at laim. "I love you."
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:44 pm
Sins says...

I stared at Shawn. It was as if my father wasn't even there anymore, I didn't care about him. The only thing that I cared about was Shawn, what she had just said.

"What...?" I spoke slowly.

Shawn looked at me. "I... I love you."

I couldn't help but let a small smile spread across my face. What I heard in the hospital was right then. My happiness was cut short by a pain in my arm.

"Sorry to interrupt your little moment," My dad was right up in my face. "But I do not have the time for this.

Seconds later, my father had dragged me into my middle room. I could hear Shawn shouting at him as he did so. His cold hand were still grabbing my arm when we reached the small table in the middle of the room.

"Stop!" Shawn screamed at my dad.

I was about to push my father off me when he suddenly grabbed something off the table and swung it in my direction. Before I had the chance to do anything else, I'd fallen to the floor. I couldn't let myself lose consciousness, what if he did something to Shawn?

As I drifted off, I muttered the last words that came into my mind. "I love you..." I mumbled as I lost any sense of consciousness.

66 Reviews

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:23 pm
SisterItaly says...

My heart dropped as he did. The gun in Gary's hand just hung there by his side. I looked up at frank, not hiding the tears anymore.
"Frank, you owe me. Call an ambulance!" He turned to leave but Gary stopped him.
"You don't work for her!" Frank shook him off.
"You pushed it to far, you promised you would stop with the unessisary killing." He ran into the other room, leaving me alone with Gary.
"Don't think I'm letting you go." He warned, taking a step near me.

I sprung to my feet, ready for whatever, it didn't matter anymore, he hurt Liam.
"I should kill you!" I screamed at him. He grabbed at my arm, but i punched him in the face. He stumbled back. "Not a smart idea to get drunk them try and fight." The blue and red lights shone through the window. Gary took off out the back as well as frank, i didn't blame him, he was just as involved in the mob as Gary. I sat beside Liam, holding him, begging he was alright. The door slammed open as the paramedics came to his side and loaded him into the ambulance, i sat beside him, and fell asleep.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:38 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

I felt my heavy eyelids trying to open. I couldn't remember a thing, not clearly anyway. The last thing I could remember was my dad shouting at me. I had no idea where I was now either. The only thing I did know was that I was lying down.

"Liam?" A familiar voice spoke, clearly relieved. "Liam? Are you okay?"

It didn't take me long to recognise the voice; it was Shawn's. It took me a few minutes to actually open my eyes properly. When I did, I could see Shawn's pretty face looking at me, clearly concerned.

"Uh..." I muttered. "I think so."

I managed to force a weak smile across my face. Shawn then did the same. She looked very relieved that I'd said something. It didn't take me long to realise that I was in the hospital. I'd only just left the damn place.

"What happen-" I was interrupted by an unfamiliar voice.

"The police are here," A woman in a white coat said. "They want to speak to you, both of you."

66 Reviews

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:52 pm
SisterItaly says...

I felt my heart rate increase, i should have known this was coming. The police wouldn't just let a couple of people, one of which had been shot, walk off. I looked up at the nurse.
"I don't think he's ready." But of course Liam had already sat up.
"He looks fine to me, it was mostly a flesh wound."

She guided us down the hall where the police where waiting for us in a white room. I shuddered, i hated interrogation rooms, i would have nightmares for months. There was only one chair so i made Liam sit in it, even though he wanted me to. I stood beside him, waiting for our interrogation.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:59 pm
Sins says...

My arm was killing me, but I could cope. I must have looked like an idiot. I had God knows how many bruises and I was still limping after those crypts ran over my foot.

"You two have a lot of explaining to do." The police man spoke sternly.

I glanced at Shawn. What were we going to say? Right now, telling the truth seemed like the best thing to do. I wasn't sure if Shawn would agree with me though. Anyway, where would I begin? With the key, I suppose.

"So, could you please fill me in on where all of this started." The police woman spoke this time, she seemed much nicer than the man.

"Well..." I began.

66 Reviews

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:24 pm
SisterItaly says...

I just sat and listened while Liam explained, starting with my father stealing the key from the mob, then how we had ran into each other. Moving onto how i explained to him who his father really was, then our... surprise visit. He made me explain what had happened while i was held against my will, of course i started crying. Liam explained the rest from there, which i was greatly happy for.

The cop took noted of everything we said. When we were done he sighed and rubbed his temple.
"... and you never thought of coming to the cops about all this?" I shook my head. "Well, i don't blame ya, not many people do. But you should have. Now we have a key to a vault, that could hold anything in it, in gang hands."

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:54 pm
Sins says...

I sighed at what the cop said. He was right, we probably should have told them what was going on. I didn't like the police though, my father once lied to me that he was in the police, after all.

"Do you have any idea where the key is now?" The cop asked, looking at us carefully.

"Not really..." Shawn shrugged.

Shawn was right, we didn't really have any idea where the key was. It was with the crypts, we knew that. We didn't know much more though. Maybe they were still living in that apartment building? It was worth a try.

"Well, they guys who took the key from us lived in this apartment building..."

"Which one?" The cop spoke quickly.

"Uh... I don't know." I replied.

The cop rolled his eyes before turning to his female colleague. They seemed to be whispering something to each other, I couldn't make out what they were saying.

"I think I know." Shawn finally spoke.

It was a good thing that she knew, I had no idea where it was. I'd had so many bangs on the head, I'd forgotten half of the things that had happened.

66 Reviews

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:01 pm
SisterItaly says...

the officer got all cheery faced and happy.
"Well good, we can leave as soon as possible, we'll just drive past the apartment and you can point it out." He stood slowly. Looking over at the girl. She must be the skeptical one.
"How can we be sure she's telling the truth?" The guy rolled his eyes.
"We have to trust them. Remember?" She sighed and opened the door. I helped Liam up. He looked slightly worried. I knew i was... what if they saw us and recognized us?

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:25 pm
Sins says...

I felt like such a girl, I couldn't even stand up properly. Shawn had to help me up when the police told us to follow them. It was bad enough that she made me sit on the chair. I hated feeling useless. I should have been used to it now though, I guess.

Shawn, the cops and I left the room and headed down the hospital hallways. We had to move quite slowly considering I still had a stupid limp. It was a lot better now though. After leaving the hospital, the cops led us into their car. Seconds later, we were driving along the road.

"Which way now?" The girl cop looked at Shawn, before looking back at the turning in front of us. "Is it right or left?"

"Left." Shawn spoke confidently.

After ten minutes or so, I recognised where we were. I could see the shabby apartment building in the distance. I couldn't help but feel a small lump at the back of my throat. Stepping out of the car, the guy cop turned to us.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" He asked.

I simply nodded. There was something inside of me that thought that if we saw those crypts again, I was going to smash their heads in.

66 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:41 pm
SisterItaly says...

The cop climbed back in.
"okay, well send some people in later." He climbed back in the car. I sighed, where we going now, as if he read my mind the cop quickly spoke.
"Were going to take you to a witness protection house. It's not safe for you two out here." He pulled away from the shabby apartment. I gasped, witness protection? Why hadn't i gone to the cops earlier. I could have saved liam and i from getting nearly killed. I felt so stupid, and tired. I leaned against Liam's arm, he wrapped it around me. I was drifting off to sleep again.

The Book.

1087 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:04 pm
Sins says...

I gently wrapped my arms around Shawn as she dropped her head into my chest. Poor thing, she must have been shattered. Neither of us had been getting much sleep lately. It only took minutes for Shawn to fall asleep. As she did so, I softly kissed her on the top of her head.

I was fed up of moving around now. I hated my house, I really did, but I never realised how nice it was to be able to call somewhere your home. Even if it was a pretty shit one.

"How far away is this place?" I asked the one cop.

"It won't take us long. Half an hour at the most." The woman replied.

Right now, half an hour seemed like forever. Sighing heavily, I shut my eyes. I was surprised as I began to feel myself slowly drifting off. I had so much on my mind, I didn't have time to sleep. It didn't take long for my tiredness to get the better of me because, minutes later, I was also fast asleep.

66 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:11 pm
SisterItaly says...

The car stopping woke me up.
"Here we are." He said, getting out of the car. I shook Liam gently. He woke up, i giggled at him.
"We're here sleeping beauty." He smiled ad rubbed his eyes, it was actually a really nice place. An elderly couple were standing at the door. The officer opened the car door. Liam slid out and i followed. He walked us up to the door, and introduced us to the couple. I wasn't paying attention. So i didn't catch there names, beverly and floyd or something like that. I was standing as close to liam as i could.

The Book.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
— Lemony Snicket