z

Young Writers Society

curiousvampire & Skins (No title as of yet)

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Mon May 10, 2010 6:55 pm
Sins says...

If you want me to change this first post, because it's bad, just say. :wink: Also, what do you think the rating should be? Are we going to include swear words or...?

I shut my eyes, draining out the world that surrounded me. The only thing to be heard was the loud voice of Tom DeLonge singing in my ear. I loved my i-pod, it made everything else shut up; including my idiot of a father. My sister was calling me, but I didn't care. I just ignored her instead. Although, that was a lot harder said than done. She did have a voice like a fog horn, after all.
Sighing heavily, I pulled the headphones out of my ears. I was meant to knock for Amanda in ten minutes. Yipee... school, I thought, opening my eyes. The only good thing about school was Amanda. Everything else about that hell hole was just a load of bollocks.
"Austin!" My sister screamed, opening my door.
Didn't you just love people who knocked on your door before coming in? She was lucky that I wasn't naked.
"What?" I snapped, standing up.
"Dad told me to tell you that you have to buy some more food tonight, we're short."
Muttering an 'okay' under my breath, I pushed past Sophie and headed out of my room.
The second I was out of my house, I smiled and breathed in the fresh, Spring air. I could hear my sisters blasting music from inside the house. Thankfully, I could ignore it pretty well. Placing my headphones back into my ears, I jumped over the wall at the front of my house. I could still hear my sister's deafening music when I was at the end of my street. Chav, I chuckled to myself. I swear to God, my sister was the most annoying chick I'd ever met. The only reason guys liked her was because of her chest, which she enhanced with a pile of tissue, I might add.
Whistling to myself, I jumped over the wall in Amanda's front garden. Her parents would have killed me if they saw me, but ah well, they had issues. They were better than my father, I suppose. At least they gave a crap about Amanda.
"Yo, is Amanda in?" I smiled as Amanda's father opened the front door.
He mumbled something under his breath before turning back into the house. Touchy, I thought to myself, observing the mould that was growing on the top of the door frame.
I must have been waiting by the door for at least five minutes when I began to wonder if the entire family had died or something. The enticing smell of cooked bacon was circling the air around me, coming from inside of the house. I was starving. At least I knew that there was life in the house.
"Hey!" A familiar voice spoke.
I turned around. I had been facing the opposite direction, observing Amanda's weirdly, perfectly cut grass in her front yard.
"Amanda girl!" I winked at her as she stepped out of her doorway.
I loved being with Amanda, it helped me forget about other things. Things that I hated to think about, things that made me different.
Last edited by Sins on Mon May 10, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon May 10, 2010 8:17 pm
curiousvampire says...

Sorry Skins I have no ideas but how about we wait till the very end to come up with something and the beginning was good, it builds up the characters personalities and surroundings.

"Ready for another exciting day of high school?" I asked sarcastically, shutting the door behind me.

"You know it," he replied with his own sarcasm.

The high school (we need a name for the school they go to Skins) wasn't far from where we lived; it was half mile actually. Austin has been my closest and oldest mate since we were in the second grade. Silently, as old as time itself we walked nonchalantly in step, as always side by side. The silence wasn't awkward nor uncomfortable; it was just quiet bliss as most mornings secretly I took quick peeks at his features and it hit me how different- how handsome- he looked then when we were children, his face serene as if he was deep in thought oe somethin'.

"It looks like its gonna rain," his keeen eye's observed the dark gray clouded atmosphere of the sky.

I only shrugged at the fact. "So.... how's life?"

He turned to meet his piercing gaze that sliced me in half, "oh, its great ya' know. Perfect actually, especially to have your family hate you."

"Oh," was my own reply, I knew the horrors of his home life.

Austin sighed heavily, he was about to apologize. "Look I'm sorry Amanda.... but---"

"Its okay Austin, I understand."

"Good," he grinned sheepishly," I really didn't mean to---"

"Its okay," I reasured him.

Sorry its a bit short, but its all I could think of.
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

1087 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2010 7:21 pm
Sins says...

That was good vamp! :) As for the school name, shall we just go with something obvious like Tampa Bay high school? I'll leave it as just 'school' for now. As for the shortness, don't worry! This one's short...

I rubbed my neck awkwardly. I really needed to stop being so grouchy in the mornings. Just because I had some problems at home, it didn't mean that I had to take it out on Amanda. She had problems herself as well, after all. Not that she ever talked about them.

"Ew..." I said slowly.

"What?" Amanda laughed.

"We've got a bloomin' maths test this morning." I moaned, kicking a stone onto the dry road.

Amanda shortly moaned with me. That's what I liked about Amanda; she was clever as hell, but she still hated school itself. I couldn't blame her though, it was just a waste of time. Especially considering the fact that it was full of idiots. Half of the kids there either acted like six year olds, or looked like them.

"Well," I said, looking up. "Here we are; hell. Or school as our parents call it."

Laughing, Amanda linked arms with me. There were loads of kids around, most of them ignored us. They were all too busy caught up in their own worlds. As I opened the doors at the entrance of the school, I smiled slightly. People always assumed that Amanda and I were a couple, it was quite sweet really. Still grinning, Amanda and I entered the building.

98 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 1:30 am
curiousvampire says...

The corridors was bustling with excitement and activity as always; filled with kids and teachers alike. I carefully observed the crowded hallway, the populars were here, the nerds there, the goths and emos somewhere- personally I considered Austine and I to be in the normal, average category. This place was like a zoo with everyone placed and divided in their groups like animals separated from the other species of animals and placed in their cages plus it sounded like one too; it was so loud I could hardly hear myself think.

"Ready," I heard Austin whispered in my ear through the ruckus.

Before I could even answer he was already navigating his way through the throng dragging me behind him like a kid pulling a balloon... pulling me to a safe quiet place away from the noise. He had taken us to here our lockers were located this year.

"Thanks Austin," I said coyly.

He shrugged his shoulders, "...well I know how much you don't like noise so when I saw the way your face was made up I knew we had to get outta there."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

1087 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 5:40 pm
Sins says...

I'm going to add another character now, another friend for Amanda and Austin. That okay?

God, I hated this place. I'd managed to get Amanda and I out of the chaos and to where our lockers were. Amanda looked extremely relieved to be out of the bustling hallways we were previously in. I was about to ask her if she had a spare calculator, because I'd forgotten mine, when someone interrupted me.

"Is it actually impossible for you guys not to be late?" I spun around to see Simone leaning against her locker besides mine.

"Yes, it is." Amanda shrugged.

Rolling her eyes, Simone laughed. Amanda and I had met Simone when we first came to High School. She wasn't very hard to miss, she had amber red hair that reached half way down her back. That was one thing I never understood about girls, how could they cope with having their hair so long? It would seriously piss me off.

I was about to tell Simone about how she needed a hair cut when I heard the bell ring. I groaned as I closed my locker. Great; maths test. I suddenly remembered that I didn't have a calculator.

"Amanda!" I said quickly. "Do you have a spare calculator?"

Before Amanda had the chance to answer, Simone interrupted.

"I do!" She grinned, taking a calculator out of her bag and handing it to me.

Whoa, someone was eager. Amanda and I couldn't help but laugh at Simone's excited comment. Still chuckling, the three of us headed down the hallway and into our maths classroom.

98 Reviews

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:28 pm
curiousvampire says...

OMG!!!! Skins I'm soooo sorry I went AWOL on you and our story. I moved and it took us forever to get I settle in and then I was grounded from using any electronic things, but I hope you can forgive me and continue pour story :D .

"Okay, put down your pencils and pass your worksheet to the front," Mr. Anderson said, thankfully I had just written down my last answer.

Passing my paper up to the student who sat in front of me I looked over at Austin who was slumped in his seat with a dismal look plastered on his features. "How'd you think you did?" I gave a quizzical concern look.

He shook his head," Not good, I don't even think you calculator helped out much," Austin sighed,"but thanks for borrowing me it anyhow." He stretched out his arm so I could retract my calculator from him.

"Maybe you'll do better next time, I could always come over and help you study again if you want?" I smiled,taking it back from him and stuffing it in my bag.

"Ooooohhhhhh, we could make a study group thing," Simone added, obviously eavesdropping on our conversation.

"Sure, that'd be great," he returned with a playful grin.

"Good lets meet at--" my words were drowned out by the bell. Hefting my bag over my shoulder we all rushed out of class. "So..." I returned my attention on Austin and Simone," like I was saying lets meet up after school at the----"

"Hey Austine, Amanda, Simone wait up !" We snapped our head back to see who was calling us. It was Gavin running through the hallways like a mad man, making his way over to us.

"Oh, he Gav--," Austine opened his mouth, but was quickly cut off.

"Need---- help," was the first words that came out of the red heads mouth as he struggled to gulp air.

"Help," I raised a brow, "help with what?"

Gavin continued, " Lucas---- he got in--- a tussle with----- those stupid jocks again-- in-- the gym room."

"Oh, no," we all said in unison as raced for the gym room.

In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
— Albus Dumbledore