z

Young Writers Society

No Love For The Weak

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun May 16, 2010 1:09 am
SisterItaly says...

I could tell from the expression on his face what ever his dad told him wasn't good.
"Zach what's wrong?" he smiled at me but his face said other wise.
"It's nothing for you to worry about." Now i was worrying. never tell me not to worry, that just makes me worry more.

Dr. ried looked upset.
"Well i should go see the results. Zach..." He whispered something to zach then walked down the hall.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun May 16, 2010 1:17 am
Chupatoasta says...

Zach glared at his father's retreating back. Coward. He had never been this way about any of the abuse victims he took in. Usually, he'd do everything in his power to put the abuser behind bars. Maybe... maybe he was leaving all that to Zach. With a small smile, Zach turned to face Jada, smiling at her sweetly before picking her up out of the wheelchair and placing her back on the bed. He propped her foot up, and laid a bag of ice onto her ankle, placing a rag under and on top of the bag.

"Does it feel alright?" He smiled, concern laced in his voice as he sat down at Jada's nod. Unconsiously, he reached up, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear. "I'm glad you're okay now." He smiled softly, kissing her forehead.

"Me too." She squeaked, and Zach chuckled softly.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?" He asked softly, smiling at the sight of her flushed cheeks.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 1:25 am
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

He thinks I'm beautiful? My stomach tightened, and my head began to pound. No, no this wasn't love, there is no love, only possession. I was a possession. The way he looked at me said different. My hands felt clamy. I looked up to him, could it be?
"zach," He had lifted his hand to tend to my ankle agian, but i grabbed it.
"yes?" He looked up to me, concerned.
"I-I-i, can't say it." I looked away and bit my lip, mentally screaming at myself,
'SAY IT! WHY WONT YOU SAY IT!'
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 1:38 am
Chupatoasta says...

Zach smiled softly, pushing the lock of hair back behind her ear with a small smile. "It's okay, I'm here for you." He smiled softly, kissing her forehead again before sitting in his chair and laying his head against her hand, which he had taking into both of his. He kissed it softly and looked up at her, into her eyes. "I'm here for you." He smiled again, blinking slowly.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 1:45 am
SisterItaly says...

his hands encased mine. I bit my lip, if i would bite any harder i would break skin.
"Zach..." My voiced cracked. Say it! He moved hair out of my face.
"What's wrong?" I took a deep breath.
"I-i cant say it." He frowned. Why couldn't i say it, i wanted to say it! But i couldnt get the words out. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I let it be, maybe he wouldnt notice it.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 1:58 am
Chupatoasta says...

Zach stood up, and then sat on the bed next to Jada, whiping away the tear on her cheek gently. The bruise around her eyes was fading, and it seemed as though the scars on her heart were as well. "It's fine Jada, I'll wait until you can, okay?" He smiled softly and kissed her on the forehead, cupping her face in both his hands. "I lo-"

"Ahem." Dr. Reid interupted, and Zach stood up straight, watching his father put the x-rays on the light board, so they could see where the fracture was.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 2:05 am
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

NO!!! I almost said it! I almost told him! Ugh! No! No! I looked up then away, i didn't want to see where the fracture was. I didn't want to see where i was hurt on the inside, physically. This time. Not emotionally. Zach had stood up, do i was sitting alone. I crossed my arms. Zach patted my back, gently. I wanted to say it, but not in front of his dad, alone. I looked up at the board, x-rays were confusing to me, so i couldn't see the fracture.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 2:13 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Actually, it was Zach that almost said it, but that's fine, you're post is perfect haha**

"The fracture is in the navicular?" Zach asked, looked at the x-ray clearly. Dr. Reid nodded.

"Unfortuanely. She'll be in a hard cast for a month, but after that, a air-cast, and a walking cast." Dr. Reid smiled over at Jada. "You're going to be fine. Do you want Zach to fit your cast, or your nurse? Either one of them can do it, it's up to you."
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 2:21 am
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

*oh SORRY!*

Perfect, now i could talk to him alone. I looked up at zach,
"Would you do it?" He nodded,
"Of course." he smiled. I was going to say it. I had to find the words. Dr. Ried smiled and walked out. Zach turned to me and i grabbed his arm.
"Zach... I dont know how to say it." He smiled. Moving a lock of hair from my face.
"Then think about it." I frowned, i had thought about it, i just couldn't say it.
"I-I-I think, I..." Why couldnt i say the word love! I just couldnt say it!

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 2:33 am
Chupatoasta says...

*It's fine haha(:*

Zach smiled softly, at her, cupping her face in his hands before softly kissing her nose. "I understand, trust me, because I love you too." He smiled softly, and ran his hand through her hair gently. "Tell me whenever you're ready to say it. I don't want you to rush." He smiled softly, and carefully began to lay the plaster cast over Jada's foot with ease and gentleness, his eyes occasionally drifted up to her with a smile.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 2:43 am
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

He, he loves me? He kept smiling at me. I was awestruck... he loves me? How could he love me? He could do so much better, but yet he said he loves me. As he finished the cast i grabbed his hand, he looked up at me.
"I-I love you." he smiled at me. I didn't know what to say. He sat beside me, hugging me. I buried my face in his chest. I mumbled it over and over.
"I love you, i love you, i love you." My eyes began to water. I said it, and it felt good, cause i meant it.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 2:50 am
Chupatoasta says...

Zach, filled with happiness, smiled as he held Jada in his arms, burrying his face into her hair while she hid her face in his chest. He breathed in her sweet scent, and finally replied to her sweet mummblings of 'I love you's. "I love you too Jada Reid." He smirked playfully, using the fake last name on Jada's hospital papers. "Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?" Jada blushed, a deep scarlet, that just made Zach want to pull her to him and claim the beautiful girl as his. As the girl he loved with everything he was.

"I think it's dry. It itches." Jada breathed after half an hour or so of laying in Zach's arms.

"It's supposed to, if it's dry. It's waterproof too, so you don't have to worry about the whole, plastic bag, thing. Come on, lets go. I want to take you out." Zach smiled crookedly.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 3:02 am
SisterItaly says...

So the nurse had said miss Reid. I wasn't crazy! Wait,
"Out, like a date?"
"Ya."
he helped me off the bed, i couldn't even feel my foot anymore. So if it was supposed to hurt it wasn't. He smiled at me and held me steady. I leaned against him, i felt safe around him, i must have been crazy to be afraid of him! As we walked out of the hospitable, i saw him. I know i did. I could spot him out of a crowd with a million people. I whimpered and leaned closer to Zach. No! He was gone, out of my life! I was with Zach now!

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 3:12 am
Chupatoasta says...

Zach felt Jada lean closer to him, but not before he heard her whimper. He looked down, then followed her gaze, seeing Rich only a few streets away, staring them down. Zach pulled Jada closer, and whipped out his phone, dialing a familiar number.

"Hello?" A man asked on the other line.

"Hey Uncle Kraler." Zach growled, walking in synce with Jada's small strides.

"Hey bud, you okay? You sound pissed."

"Yeah I am. Could you send a patrol car down? I've got that 261 following us." Zach sighed, using codes between the family and Robert Kraler.

"Yeah, I'll send one, your position?"

"Corner of third and fifth, heading to the commons."

"Okay bud, you got one coming." Zach hung up and smiled softly at Jada.

"Everything's going to be alright."
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 3:30 am
SisterItaly says...

No, no, no! it couldn't be! Not him! Not now! I looked up at him.
"I'm scared." He pulled me closer to him.
"It's okay, i won't let him hurt you." I started sobbing, remembering the night i ran off. I shuddered. He wasn't done with me yet. Zach opened his truck door and helped me in. As soon as he closed the door i locked it. Buckling up quickly. I screamed as he opened the other door. It was going to happen, all again. Just like with my brother, when he tried to save me. But rich took me away, when my brother found me rich had already started beating me, my brother sat there and watched. After he was done, he left. I was broken, and he didn't want to fix me. I looked over,
"Zach, don't let him get me!" I threw my arms around his neck.

The Book.

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale