z

Young Writers Society

No Love For The Weak

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun May 09, 2010 12:59 am
SisterItaly says...

(kk Ill start...)

Termites? Are you serious? Our house had termites so now we were going to stay at a friend of his mom's house. She was a nurse in the hospitable he had worked at, and they became friends. Now he was doing her a favor by letting us stay a week. I put the purple eye-shadow on my good eye. The swelling was gone in the eye he punched but, the purpleness wasnt.

My boyfriend Rich had become angry a few nights ago and took it out on me. He was very violent. towards me. I finished packing what i would need for the week. Then put all our suitcases at the door. His Two and my one. Mine was mostly school books, the only time i was free from him. He also went to work, but i still had to do what he says at home, at school im free to do as i wish. Exept tell anyone about his abusivness.

I felt his hand on my shoulder, i turned around. He smiled,
"I'll take them to the car, pet." I hated being called pet, my name is Jada! Is it that hard to remember?
"Thank you." He smiled and kissed me. I hated kissing him, but if i tried to resist he would hit me again. I pulled away a second to soon. He slapped me twice before I stopped him.
"Don't hit so hard, if you cut me i wont be able to cover it." He let his hand fall, he knew i was right. I was able to talk myself out of beatings some times. But other times he just wouldn't care.

He took the bags to the car, a whole ten steps. He opened the car door for me, i climbed in and buckled up. He slammed the door. Great, he'd blam me for it. He climbed in and, as expected, slapped me. He was quite the entire ride, he only ever talked to me when he wanted something. Luckly for me he was impotent.

We pulled up to a nice house, the only one on the street. A older man came out, he must be Doctor Ried.
"Hello Rich. How have you been?"
"Very good thank you Ron." He shook hands with Ron.
"And you must be, Jada."
"Hello." he held out his hand, i shook it without looking at Rich to see if it was alright. I looked up at him afterwards, he looked peeved. Rich took our things up to our room, Ron told me the rest were out back. This time i looked up to Rich first, he nodded just enough for me to see.

I walked around the back, right into one of the doctors kids.

(AKA The single one)
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun May 09, 2010 1:18 am
Chupatoasta says...

"Woah! Careful there!" Zach grinned, grabbing the new girl's arms to keep her from falling. He noticed her wince and dropped one hand, keeping the other on her arm. "You okay?" He grinned, showing off his dimples as his bright blue eyes studied her features. She nodded, not saying anything. Zach let go of her other arm and stuck his hand out. "I'm Zach."

"I-I'm Jada." She said softly, seeming terrorfied. Okay, so Zach was a big guy, but he wasn't that scary, was he? As he stared at her face, he noticed the yellow and light blue tint around her purple eyeshadow. That was an obvious sign of broken blood vessels, not make up.

"Nice to meet you Jada." Zach smiled softly.

"Hey, bro! Hurry up and get the food!" Zach smiled back at his siblings before turning back to Jada.

"I'll be back, gotta do what the family commands," he whispered teasingly, and then lowered his head as he passed. "You know, you may not exactly consider me a friend, but if you're here, think of me as a brother. If anyone's hurting you enough to leave a bruise on your eye, tell me and I'll kick their ass." He grinned and walked passed her after ruffling her hair.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 1:28 am
SisterItaly says...

He helped me up, studying my features as i studied him. He was huge! Probably tougher and stronger then Rich. I looked over as another big called over,
"Hey, bro! Hurry up and get the food!" He turned back to me smiling, i shuddered.

"I'll be back, gotta do what the family commands," he whispered, "You know, you may not exactly consider me a friend, but if you're here, think of me as a brother. If anyone's hurting you enough to leave a bruise on your eye, tell me and I'll kick their ass." He grinned Walking past me and russling my hair. I shuddered, then brought my hand up to my eye.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

66 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 1:32 am
SisterItaly says...

How did he know? I walked over and sat beside the other two there. Leaning away, they hadnt noticed me they were to busy making goo-goo-gaces at eachother. Rich came out and sat beside me they still didn't notice us. Rich leaned over and kissed my head wispering in my ear.

"Does he know?" I wispered back, not looking at him
"No, he knows i have a black eye. But he doesn't know who did it." I looked up he smiled
"Good Girl."

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 1:43 am
Chupatoasta says...

Zach grabbed the food from the counter, including his mom's huge salad, the speghetti, and the garlic bread, balancing them all. His dad came out, a dark grin on his face as if he was looking to trip his own son, and Zach looked over the bundle of food. "Don't you dare, old man." He teased, his father chuckling deeply and rolling his sleeves up before following Zach out into the back yard.

"You couldn't help him?" Zach's mom scolded, giving her husband a sharp rap on his thick skull when he sat down.

"Oww! No! He called me an old man!"

"Good lord, you're a fourty-eight year old doctor, and sometimes I swear you're your son's age!" Zach chuckled at his mom and set the food on the table, pulling out his chair and sitting down. His sister, Alicia, and her husband, Sam, were kissing and making goo-goo faces at each other.

"Alicia, Samuel, manners in front of our guests!" Dr. Reid growled, still a little touchy about the newlyweds. Zach looked over at Jada and Rich. He had met Rich a long, long time ago, and never liked him. The vibe he got from him was all, completely wrong.

"So, Jada, I'm Mrs. Reid, you know Dr. Reid, and Zachary. This is my daughter, Alicia, and her new husband, Sam." Alicia shot Jada a smile, Sam doing the same. Didn't they notice the bruising as well? Hell, this was a family of doctors, and future doctors! Someone else other than Zach had to notice this!
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 1:54 am
SisterItaly says...

Another woman came and sat down."You couldn't help him?" She said to the doctor as he sat down. She hit him playfully. "Oww! No! He called me an old man!" i watched them as rich put his arm around me.

"Good lord, you're a fourty-eight year old doctor, and sometimes I swear you're your son's age!" Zach chuckled setting the food on the table. He sat down watching his sister, and the other guy, who were kissing and making goo-goo faces at each other.

"Alicia, Samuel, manners in front of our guests!" Dr. Reid warned. Zach looked over at Rich and I. He looked a little peeved i shuddered. I looked over to the woman.

"So, Jada, I'm Mrs. Reid, you know Dr. Reid, and Zachary. This is my daughter, Alicia, and her new husband, Sam." They both smiled at me, wait did the others notice to? Rich excused us saying he wanted to talk to me alone for a minute. They said it was fine he guided me into the house, into our room.

"Whats wrong rich?" He pushed me up against the wall. Bringing my hand down.
"You know what i want." I shuddered, he never asked for this before.
"Rich please don't." I pulled away heaing for the door. He grabbed me by my hair and pulled me back and started to beat me. I begged him to stop but he wouldn't.
Last edited by SisterItaly on Sun May 09, 2010 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Book.

66 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 1:58 am
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

He hit me in the gut, I fell over winded.
"please, rich stop!" He stepped on my arm. I heard a sharp crunch and i screamed out in pain. I was positive it was broken. I closed my eyes hoping it would be over soon. I was shocked when i heard him yell out.
"Hey what the!" I didnt look up.

(Shes going to run out before zach gets to talk to her)

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 2:53 am
Chupatoasta says...

Zach watched as Jada and Rich walked into the house, Jada following like a lost, terrorfied puppy. "I've got to go to the bathroom." Zach stood up after being excused from the table, and walked into the house, towards the guest room. He peered in and almost kicked the door in at the sight before him. Full of rage, he swung the door in, causing it to slam into the wall, and steamingly walked over to Rich, who was now yelling at him to, "Get the hell out!"

He grabbed Rich's shoulder, spun him around, and in one punch, knocked him to the ground, unconcious. He turned to Jada, his expression softening as he offered her a hand up. "Are you okay? Come on, I'll get Dad to fix your arm."
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 3:08 am
SisterItaly says...

Jada looked up terrified. He held out his hand, i looked over to rich. He was knocked out. I stumbled onto my feet, not even looking back at him. I ran out of the house almost into someone. Then started to run down the road. Not looking back.

He knew! What was i going to do? I turned off the road into the trees. I tripped over a root and landed on my arm, i let out a scream. If it wasn't broken before it was now. I pulled myself up agiasnt a tree trunk and started to sob.

Was he going to hurt me now? I thought i heard him say something before i ran out.That didnt matter now, what mattered was what i would do next. I had always told myself i would get away from rich. I never thought it would be like this. What would i do? Where would i go? and how was i going to avoid the two men i was afriad of most?

I was getting really dizzy. My ribs were bleeding, my face was bleeding, and my arm was bleeding. I was losing a lot of blood, was i dieing. I sobbed harder, It wasnt supposed to end this way!

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 3:18 am
Chupatoasta says...

Zach cursed mentally in his head, and ran to his bedroom, letting out the huge mutt that was laying on his bed. He grabbed the bracelet that had fallen off Jada's wrist, obviously without her knowing, and let his dog, Duke, sniff it. He grabbed a bad of medical stuff before Duke shot out the door, pulling against Zach on the leash as they ran, Zach texting his sister to tell his parents what all had happened.

"Duke, calm." Immediately, Duke slowed down, still jogging steadily down the pavement. He, and Zach, took a sharp turn into the woods, his black nose pressed to the ground. Zach looked up, and dropped the leash, running over to Jada's side. "Duke side." The dog ran to Zach's side as Zach unzipped his bag. "Jada, can you hear me?" She rolled her head over weakly, to look at Zach, and whimpered, probably out of fear. "Shh, I won't hurt you I swear."

He pushed a lock of hair out of her eyes, which he tried not to get lost in, and gently took her arm, slowly wrapping it in a makeshift splint. "You don't have to talk right now, but I want to know how long he's been doing this to you, and why you stayed with him." He finished wrapping and grabbed an alcohol pad to wipe away the blood on her face. "Guys like him, they're scum. They beat chicks to get a thrill outta feeling better than someone."

Zach taped gauze over the cut on Jada's forehead. "Can I pick you up? You can't walk and we both know that." Jada nodded weakly before closing her eyes. Zach lifted her up extrememly gently, as if she'd break if he lifted her wrong, and began the slow trek back home, Duke at his side.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 3:32 am
SisterItaly says...

The last thing i remembered before blacking out was a huge dog at my side. Then Zach's voice. Then the blurryness followed by the darkness. When i woke uo i was in a bed, My head was bandaged. My face felt like it had been wiped clean and my arm was in a cast. Where was I. I sat up a bit, sore all over. I was in the guest room, rich wasn't here. I shuddered when his name passed my mind.

I was still afriad of zach, he had managed to find me. Did he care, or did he want me? What had happened to rich? I shuddered again thinking about him. I looked out the window, it was dark out now.

I heard a knock and the door nob turned. Dr. Ried came in,
"oh, your up. It's about time. You've been sleeping a while, you've got poor zach worried downstairs." He pointed back out of the door.
"I-im sorry." Was that all i could say, sorry?
"There is no need to be, i should go get zach, he wants to talk to you."

Before i could refuse he had left closing the door. I shuddered slipping back down into a lying positon. I shuddered. He wanted to talk to me. Alone. In this room. I shuddered again.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 3:48 am
Chupatoasta says...

"Son," Zach heard his dad's voice, and looked up quickly.

"Is she okay? Is she in a lot of pain? Are the pain meds working alright?" Zach cleared the room in seconds, standing before his father.

"Just go see for yourself son, she's awake." Zach took the stairs two at a time, softly opening the door to the guest room. His expression softened as he saw how scared she was.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I swear." He smiled kindly. "I'm not like that bastard, I swear. I may look scary, but I've been told I couldn't hurt a fly." Zach laughed softly, trying to get her to loosen up a bit. "Are you feeling any better?"

"A-A little, thanks." She answered quickly and timidly, cringing as if she was going to be struck. Zach smiled and sat down on the arm of the couch that was in the guest room.

"That's good. I'm glad you are. You scared the crap outta me when you took off like that. I thought you were gonna get yourself killed or something." He offered another weak joke, and she still didn't laugh.

Zach's smile wavered slightly. "How long he's been doing this to you? I know it'll be hard to talk about it, but if you want, I'll help you file charges against that freak, and you'll never have to see his disgusting face again."
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 4:00 am
SisterItaly says...

"I'm not going to hurt you, I swear." He smiled, it still didn't help. "I'm not like that bastard, I swear. I may look scary, but I've been told I couldn't hurt a fly. Are you feeling any better?"

"A-A little, thanks." i was even more afraid, would he hit me? He sat down on the couch.

"That's good. I'm glad you are. You scared the crap outta me when you took off like that. I thought you were gonna get yourself killed or something." I wouldnt be that lucky. He frowned a little.

"How long he's been doing this to you? I know it'll be hard to talk about it, but if you want, I'll help you file charges against that freak, and you'll never have to see his disgusting face again." I was fighting back tears now. He was right, this was difficult to talk about.

"a-about three, and a half. Years. I met him at my old school." My voice cracked and i started to cry. I buried my face in my hands. I jumped and screamed when he sat down on the bed and wrapped his arms around me. He let go automaticaly. Alicia ran into the room.
"What's wrong!" Sam ran into the room. Putting his arm around her.that big dog ran into the room too.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 4:07 am
Chupatoasta says...

"Nothing, geeze." Zach sighed, and pushed his way out of the room, Duke tailing behind him, and Sam soon following as well. "Let's go to the gym." Zach announced, looking over at his brother-in-law. Nobody, not even girls, had been scared of him like she was. Sure, he was intimidating, but terrorfying? It was all that bastards fault. He made her like this.

Without waiting for Sam, or Duke, Zach got into his truck, and yanked out of the driveway, needing to blow off some steam at the gym.

;;;;;

Alicia shoved Sam out of the room and locked the door behind her, smiling softly at Jada. "Wanna tell me what happened Jade? Did my brother hurt you?" Her eyes narrowed immediately.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sun May 09, 2010 4:17 am
SisterItaly says...

I wiped my eyes as the others left the room. Alicia closed the door and locked it, turning around and smiling a little.
"Wanna tell me what happened Jade? Did my brother hurt you?" she looked concerned. I shook my head.
"No, no. He just scared me a little, is all." I started crying again
"Where's Rich?" I spat at his name. She sat down on the bed beside me.
"Im not sure, after zach texted me i came upstairs and rich was gone, he took both his bags."
"So he's on the loose." She nodded, and i shuddered. So he was on the loose, and he still wanted me. I started to cry again. She pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back. I was still really tired. She could tell that. She left and let me go to sleep. It wasn't hard, i was really tired.

The Book.

"I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy..."
— Unnamed Girl from "Mean Girls"