z

Young Writers Society

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat May 08, 2010 3:10 am
Chupatoasta says...

DELETE
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat May 08, 2010 3:39 am
Jas says...

**I'm sorry but I forgot her name! Oops. I love the name Annette, is that alright with you?**

The white-coated doctor seemed to be having an internal battle, whether to look her in the eyes as he told the news or stare down at his shoes.

"I'm sorry, uh..Ms. Annette. Your blood has been tested as positive for leukemia"

I lay in the cot bed in my itchy gown thing, mouth gaped open, trying to comprehend what he was saying to me. My mother was in the seat beside my bed, stifling sobs, her hand over her mouth.

"You will been admitted into the hospital from anytime between 13-24 months. By that time it should be clear whether the treatment is working," The doctor apparently chose the latter as he refused to make the slightest bit of eye contact for the rest of the little speech.

"Well. I uh, hope you enjoy your time here," The nameless doctor said before walking out of the sterile white room.

[i I hope you enjoy your time here? [/i] How could you say that to a sixteen year old girl who was just diagnosed with leukemia? Do they train you to be heartless at medical school? I shook my head, held back tears and lay trembling until I finally drifted off.

**Hope that was okay**
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat May 08, 2010 3:40 am
Jas says...

**I'm sorry but I forgot her name! Oops. I love the name Annette, is that alright with you?**

The white-coated doctor seemed to be having an internal battle, whether to look her in the eyes as he told the news or stare down at his shoes.

"I'm sorry, uh..Ms. Annette. Your blood has been tested as positive for leukemia"

I lay in the cot bed in my itchy gown thing, mouth gaped open, trying to comprehend what he was saying to me. My mother was in the seat beside my bed, stifling sobs, her hand over her mouth.

"You will been admitted into the hospital from anytime between 13-24 months. By that time it should be clear whether the treatment is working," The doctor apparently chose the latter as he refused to make the slightest bit of eye contact for the rest of the little speech.

"Well. I uh, hope you enjoy your time here," The nameless doctor said before walking out of the sterile white room.

[i I hope you enjoy your time here? [/i] How could you say that to a sixteen year old girl who was just diagnosed with leukemia? Do they train you to be heartless at medical school? I shook my head, held back tears and lay trembling until I finally drifted off.

**Hope that was okay**
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

I’ll paraphrase Thoreau here... Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.
— Christopher Johnson McCandless