z

Young Writers Society

Beautiful Music (Teddy & Tigress)

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:09 pm
View Likes
Theodorable says...

Carlie strummed the chords of her newst song, singing the lyrics that she had been playing over and over in her head again and again. Her whole soul was in this, this was her life's passion, this was her dream. And it was fianlly becoming a reality.

She let the final note hang in the air, it resonated throughout. She looked up at Caleb, "So? What do you think?"
Last edited by Theodorable on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:50 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

He nodded, leaning against the wall. "It's fantastic Carlie. Seriously, my favorite so far," he replied, nodding.

She smiled, looking down at her guitar, shrugging. Despite the fact that she was so amazing, she was also modest. Caleb laughed a little.

"I don't know, I mean the second verse sounded a little different and I'm not sure-"

"Carlie," he sighed, rolling his eyes. "You're doing it again. Over analyzing. It was great. And anyone who thinks otherwise can't see the true beauty in your music."

Carlie grinned, widely. "Thanks Caleb."

"Anytime," he shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets.

**Hope I got it right. I'll edit if needed. :)**
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

78 Reviews

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:10 pm
Theodorable says...

Carlie put her guitar away and stood up. Shaking out her dark brown hair with her hands. She walked out into the kitchen and opened the fridge, nothing as usual. "Hey, do you want to go out and grab a bite to eat?"

"Sure, burgers or real food?" Caleb asked as he came out of her studio.

"I think I'm in the mood for a burger," Carlie grabbed the house keys from the counter and waited for Caleb before she opened the door.

It was late summer, so it was really warm. The sun warmed Carlie's shoulders as they walked to the burger joint down the road from her house. This is perfect.

54 Reviews

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:58 pm
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

Caleb could smell the burger joint before they really got close enough to read the sign. He grinned down at Carlie.

"Isn't this great? Warm sun, your amazing music and the smell of greasy meat and cheese in the air. Couldn't ask for anything better," he sighed, still smiling.

Carlie rolled her eyes. "I would make a sarcastic comment but I was just thinking the same thing, actually."

"Because it's true. It's just been a really good day. A good week really. You're so close to your dream, Carlie!" Caleb sighed.

Carlie shrugged and smiled back at him brightly. Caleb looked at the burger joint and the big guy in the back taking orders with a few grease stains on his shirt.

"I've got you covered today," Caleb said automatically. "You can go order first."
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

78 Reviews

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:01 pm
Theodorable says...

Carlie stepped up to the counter and placed her order. The smell of the grease took her back to her childhood days. Everything about this place held memories for her, and she was going to be gone for months at a time.

Caleb put his order in and they sat in their usual booth. "So, you excited?"

"About what?" Caleb asked putting his straw in his soda.

"About going to record my CD, and go on tour," Carlie threw her straw wrapper at him. He caught it after it bounced off his face.

"Of course I'm excited. How could I not?"

"I don't know... not seeing our friends everyday, going from one town to the next. Never stopping," Carlie fiddled with her straw.

54 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:19 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

"Isn't that the exciting part though? Carlie, you're music is getting out there and we're going to get to see the world," Caleb sighed, smiling.

He had always wanted to get out, explore even. The world would soon be his and Carlie's. It was more exciting then he could bear.

"But...won't you miss it?" She asked.

Caleb shrugged. "Sure, I'll miss my friends and my mom, but I only want to look at everything great that's going to happen," he replied. "I mean...this is your dream! There will always be a downside to any major decision you make, look at the bright side. This is just...so unbelievable!"

Carlie laughed at Caleb's enthusiasm. Caleb couldn't help but laugh too. It wasn't really that funny, but sometimes they just laughed for no reason.

"This is going to be so great."

78 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:49 pm
View Likes
Theodorable says...

"Yeah, it will," Carlie saw the waitress coming with their food. She scooted her drink over and the waitress put down her plate.

"Careful, hon. It's still hot."

"Thanks Maggie," Caleb said after she had set down his plate.

Carlie waited until she had left then picked up her burger and took a huge bite out of it. "Mmm. This is really good." She said around the food.

Caleb threw a fry at her, "Don't talk with your mouth full, it's nasty."

Carlie stuck her tongue at him and continued to eat. "So, I have a question to ask you."

"Yeah? What about?" Caleb popped another fry into his mouth.

"I know you have been writing some lyrics lately, and I was wondering if you would want to write and perform a song with me. For my album," Carlie ducked her head, not sure what his reaction was going to be.

54 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:21 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

Caleb gaped at her, unsure if she was being serious.

"Carlie! I love to!" He exclaimed. "You...you seriously want me to though?"

She smiled at her food and looked up at him. "Of course I do. But, only if you wanted. It'll be so great Caleb. You and me...living out this-this dream."

Caleb threw another french fry at her, grinning. She threw it back at him, but it landed in his milkshake.

He picked it up and put it in his mouth, savoring the sweet and salty taste.

"Caleb, gross," Carlie turned up her nose, laughing.

He shrugged. "Don't knock it till you try it. Speaking of which..."

He coated another french fry in his chocolate shake and handed it to Carlie. "C'mon, ya chicken. You know you wanna try it!"

78 Reviews

Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:29 pm
View Likes
Theodorable says...

Carlie eyed the fry that he was holding out, she looked at him, unsure if it would be safe. But he would never let her live it down if she didn't. She took the fry and took a bite, the cold of the shake hit her tongue first, then the heat of the fry, the sugar and the salt mixed and created a fusion in her mouth. "Holy moly! This is good!"

She took another fry and dipped it in his shake. "Hey! Get your own!" Caleb tried to block her attack of his shake.

"No way, this is too good to pass up anymore. Move your hand!" She darted this way and that, trying to find a way to get to the sweetness. She found a hole in his defense and surged forward, successfully dunking her fry in his shake, "Yes! Victory is mine, yet again!"

Caleb laughed, "I admit defeat. But you wont win next time."

"Oh, yes, I will. No one can defeat the Great Carlie! And you of all people should know that," Carlie took another bite out of her burger.

54 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:07 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

Caleb raised an eyebrow. "Is that a challenge my friend?" He asked, grinning.

"Possibly..." Carlie shrugged, dipping another fry in his shake.

Caleb laughed. "Okay. I'll let you retire with the victory this time but remember this...next time you'll have only brought in on yourself."

"Really? Bring what on myself. Yet another victory," she teased.

"Maybe. Maybe not. I'm rooting for the maybe not," he shrugged.

Carlie rolled her eyes. The door jingled as an old couple walked in. Caleb eyes the old man whose gray hair was so thin he could literally count the strands of hair in his head.

"I am going to miss the small town life though," he sighed. "It's going to be really chaotic when we actually get you out there."

78 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:17 pm
View Likes
Theodorable says...

"I know," Carlie had been thinking about this alto. "But that's why you're going with me. So I will have a part of this with me." Her arms spread out, she looked to where her hands were pointing towards. The old play ground where she had broken her arm, and the gardens that had held all of the towns parties.

Caleb looked with her, "Yeah, remembering all of this will be good for us."

"I don't want to become the person who will forget where they came from, I want to be an inspiration for everyone here. My dream is coming true, and I want them to know that they have the same chance as I did," Carlie looked down at her plate, her feelings were resembling the burger that was left, torn, greasy, and in shambles.

She looked back up at Caleb, "I am hoping that they will be proud of me."

54 Reviews

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:34 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

"How could they not be?" Caleb asked. "I mean, they already are."

Carlie shrugged, worried and unsure. Caleb rolled his eyes.

"Carlie just look at the attention every one's been giving you. Remember Mrs. Mary-Anne when you came into her boutique?" He asked.

Carlie smiled. "Her hugs were murder," she laughed. "And I still can't believe she let me get about twenty dollars in jewlery!"

Caleb laughed. The door jingled again and another guy walked in. Caleb frowned. It was Jacob, football star in this little town and it just so happened that the object of his fantasies was Carlie. Caleb didn't like that. At all.

78 Reviews

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:21 pm
View Likes
Theodorable says...

Carlie saw Jacob when he walked in, she liked him, but she never really hung out with him. She raised her arm and waved it at him, "Hey, Jacob over here!"

Jacob turned when he heard her, he smiled and strode over to them. "Hey, Carlie." Carlie scooted over for him to sit, he sat down and looked at Caleb, "Caleb."

"Jacob," Caleb had a hard look on his face.

"Oh, stop it," Carlie threw one of her fries at him. "Be nice."

Caleb stopped the fry before it hit his face, "Alright."

"So, what have you been up to?" Carlie asked.

"Nothing much, just hanging out with the guys. I came in here to get something to eat before we go out tonight," Jacob turned so he was looking directly at Carlie. "Hey, you wanna come with us?"

"Uh, sure. As long as Caleb can come, too. Is that alright?" Carlie looked over at Caleb, she could tell he didn't like Jacob, but she didn't want to leave him out.

Jacob paused and looked over at Caleb, "Sure, yeah. He can come too." He didn't sound to happy about that.

54 Reviews

Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:40 pm
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Sorry about being gone for so long, but I've been like, super busy. :P**

"Wow Jacob! Gee thanks, buddy," he exclaimed, smirking at the glowering boy beside him.

Caleb didn't like the fact that Carlie had guy "friends." These guys only had one thought on their minds. And he, her best friend, wasn't about to let these jerks hurt her.

"Yeah, man, whatever," Jacob growled, turning his attention back to Carlie.

"So should I pick you up then?" he asked, smiling at her.

Caleb stiffened. "That won't be necessary. She can drive, but I'll take her if she wants. That okay with you Carlie?" He asked, glaring at Jacob who looked about ready to punch him.

78 Reviews

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:17 pm
View Likes
Theodorable says...

*it's okay.*

Carlie looked at both guys, they were practically about to start throwing fists at each other. "Uh, I think I can drive myself. But thanks Caleb," Carlie didn't know how to respond to this. Caleb had never acted like this with any of her guy friends before.

"Okay then. See you around seven?" Jacob asked as he got up.

"Yeah, see you then. Bye Jacob," Carlie said waving as he left. She turned to Caleb. "What was that all about?"

"What was what all about?" Caleb asked picking up his burger and taking a bite.

"You know exactly what. Now tell me," Carlie took his burger out of his hand and put it down on her plate. Then she looked back up at him and waited.

"Sometimes even shooting stars find wishes that miss their marks."
— TryHardNinja