z

Young Writers Society

Kunoichi (Ayumi and Emi)

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:09 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi chewed on her lip. She looked at Emi after a few short minutes.

We need to do something, she signed.

Wait. Don't do anything rash. That could jeopardize everything, Emi signed back.

I know that! I don't like sitting around, waiting. We need to either withdraw and send for backup, or go ahead with our own investigation! Figure out the details on these guys!

Investigate, we will. The blonde looked around. There were plenty of good vantage points around, enabling them good visuals of their targets. Begin an observation.

Ayumi nodded. She moved toward the eastern front of the cave, steadily watching the entrance for any signs of movement. She also kept an eye out for any traps that may have been set. The last thing they needed was to give away their positions.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:27 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Emi held her position as Ayumi made her way east of the cave. She was analyzing the area, which was covered in hard stone and hard packed earth. It was dry, too. Not much water around, which accounted for the small amount of foliage. She'd have to fight outside of her comfort zone. Looks like her time in Hidden Sand would pay off.

After a few minutes, a pair of ninja appeared at the cave's mouth. The two leaf kunoichi held their positions as the pair turned back to the cave, listening. "Come back with the info as soon as you can." A vocie called from inside the cave. The two ninja nodded and turned back toward the forest facing in the direction of the outpost.

Emi saw the ninjas' muscles clench and she acted immediately. They were going to scout the outpost where six inexperienced Genin sat unguarded. Emi couldn't let the rogues get away. She dropped from the tree, forming handseals as she fell, and planted her palms on the ground. The Earth under the rogue ninja burst quickly upward, catching them and entombing them just as they leapt.

Voices from inside the cave cried out and Emi ducked behind the tree to wait for the other rogues to make their move.
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

164 Reviews

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:49 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi saw the other rogues beginning to head for the entrance of the cave, into the open. No doubt to see what was going on...

She also went into action, but much more fiercely than her sister. She flew through hand signs, finishing just as the ninja appeared at the opening, investigating the earth tomb Emi had created. Karyu endan! She exhaled, and a massive dragon burst forth to engulf the cave entrance. She held onto it with her chakra, giving her some control over it still; just as it reached the rogues, Ayumi made a sweeping motion with her hand, throwing kunai into the fire at her targets and making the Karyu endan wrap around them, like a tornado.

She heard Emi growl in agitation. Ayumi just darted, relocating as she prepared for the counterattack she knew to be coming. But she worried; how were the Genin faring? Hopefully there weren't any ninja there already, laying waste to them...

Buddha, keep them safe, she thought.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

28 Reviews

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:16 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Emi frowned as Ayumi relocated. Attacks that gave away her position would cause a problem. She couldn't keep relocating without them spotting her sooner or later.

Just then, a small storm of weapons soared from the trees between Emi and Ayumi. They were moving too slow and the rogues dodged easily, aiming a counter attack at that spot. Emi cursed as she flew through handseals and released the water jutsu that blocked the rogues attack. She then dashed to where the weapons had come from, grabbing the ninja crouched there before hurrying deeper into the trees where she all but threw the ninja on the ground. Akio stared wide-eyed up at her. She spared a glance over her shoulder listening for any signs of battle. It was quiet, which meant Ayumi was holding off. Emi knew she'd be able to keep the ninja confined to the cave entrance, but it was only a matter of time before an open fight sprung up.

"What in the hell are you doing here?" Emi hissed, glaring at the boy.

"W-w-we just wanted to help." He stammered.

"We?" Emi grabbed his shirt collar and pulled him inches from her face. "How many came?"

"All of us." Akio barely murmured.

Emi dropped him and took a deep, heated breath and released it on a curse. "You all must have death wishes. Now listen closely, and do exactly as I say. You will find the others and return to the outpost immediately. Whatever happens, get them out of here, understand?"

A flicker of defiance flashed in Akio's eyes but Emi grabbed his collar again. "Do as I say or you and the others will die." She growled. Akio trembled, but nodded. Emi dropped him and rushed back to the cave where the sounds of battle had started up again.

164 Reviews

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:06 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi looked over her shoulder when she heard Emi's voice. Akio, had she said? Damn those brats!

But Ayumi didn't have the pleasure of joining in the conversation herself. Movement in the brush - and the girls' grunting and whispered complaining - drew the rogues' attentions. The ninja withdrew weapons and formed handseals, ready to thwart whatever may have intruded upon their notice. "Shit," Ayumi hissed as she leapt.

She landed in front of the girls just seconds before the ninja launched their attacks. The earth rumbled beneath their feet. Ayumi wrapped her arms around the girls' waists and hoisted them up, leaping out of range. Her voice was very clipped, but hushed, when she finally dropped them off. "Are you two out of your God damn minds, or did you feel our orders didn't apply to you?"

Hikaru whimpered. "We're sorry... We just wanted - "

"Lemme guess: to help?" Ayumi snarled, shoving the girls onto their butts. She bit her lip, clenching her fist to calm down. Hold you temper. Don't lash out. They're only children. They're only children... "This is out of your league; if you stay, you will only be in my way; you could also die. Get back to the camp, and stay there."

"But - " Naoko protested.

"Now. I won't say it nicely again."

The girls dropped their heads and slunk back into the shadows, away from sight. But it was too late. They had drawn attention to themselves, and now to Ayumi. She growled when she heard a step behind her, the whistle of a weapon flying through the air.

Ayumi spun on her heel, drawing her own kunai and blocking the attack. The ninja laughed, attacking her full force. He was strong, and fast, but she could keep up. Compared with Itachi, this man was just above every-day skill, which was still hard to combat.

She grunted, pushing him back with just enough force to free herself from his onslaught. It also gave her a few seconds; she wove through handsigns, inhaling deeply and releasing a common Gokakyu. The ninja swore, leaping away; she mirrored his action, disappearing once more into the trees.

Ayumi touched the walkie-talkie device fastened around her neck, calling Emi. She began to whisper. "Get over here. They've spotted me."

"What?" Emi hissed, annoyed. Ayumi could tell she thought the worst of her supposed-to-be-Jounin sister. "Ayumi, what the hell - "

"I had no choice; they would have killed the girls. I've regained my concealed position, but I doubt it'll be for long."

28 Reviews

Mon May 03, 2010 8:58 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

Dammit. Emi gritted her teeth. She looked for Ayumi's position as she took a spot in a tree. The Rock ninja had escaped the clearing and now had tree coverage.

Emi's eyes watched the forest carefully, as her ears strained to hear any sounds. She was sure the rogues were listening for the Leaf ninja, too. Unfortunately, the light footfalls she heard rushing through the foliage were no skilled ninja's, but the even lighter ones following them were.

With another silent curse, Emi launched herself forward, darting through the tree limbs in near silence. She followed the lighter footsteps and brought herself up a level until she was running ontop of the footsteps. She glanced over and saw Ayumi keeping pace with the rogues a few yards away.

Emi waited for a moment and a gap in the foliage appeared. Emi dropped down, landing squarely on the shoulders of one of the rogues. As the ninja plummeted to the ground, Emi leapt off his shoulder's and engaged the second.

164 Reviews

Fri May 14, 2010 7:06 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***I will post eventually. I'm drawing serious blanks right now, lol... ***

164 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 8:26 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***So, what do you think of Kakashi's temporary replacement, Captain Yamato? Yeah, they're already into that set of episodes on Shippuden. :wink: :lol: Anyway, the bigger news, I think, would be that I finally did an ollie! Nothing grand, of course, but I didn't fall either! :lol: ***

Ayumi growled, sprinting forward and catching up to the rogue closest to her, the same ninja she had faced earlier. She closed in, drawing a kunai out of her belt sheathe. She tackled the ninja, who spun on her as she approached.

"You, again?" he snarled, throwing a punch. Hoping to distract her with the blow, he pulled out a pair of shuriken and threw them, aiming for her shoulder.

"Damn right," she hissed, cartwheeling out of the way and kicking him across the face. When she got back to her feet, she lashed out and engaged in a well-matched taijutsu combat, neither ninja able to successfully land blows.

But she wouldn't let her guard down. She had no doubt that these ninja would strike someone in the back if given the chance. She had to stay on her toes and be aware of everything around her. She glanced at Emi; she seemed to be faring pretty well, but Ayumi couldn't help but wonder if she was thinking the same.

28 Reviews

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:57 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

***I'm SOOOO sorry it took me so long to reply. Busy summer. =/ ***

Emi dodged the rogue's strike as they began hand-to-hand combat. Taijutsu was Emi's weakest fighting style. She'd need to put distance between her and the rogues when the second recovered enough to join the fight.

Spinning on the ball of her foot, she brought herself behind the rogue and struck the back of his neck. He flew forward, but caught himself and flipped over to land next to the second rogue. The pair started to charge and Emi finished the handseals for her jutsu not a second later. A large jet of water shot from her mouth and slammed into the oncoming ninja. One of them managed to put up a rock barrier to protect himself, but the second took the attack head on and was knocked backwards through a tree.

Emi looked at the barrier. He's the one to watch.

As she finished the thought, the rogue behind the barrier leapt over the stone shield and rushed through handseals. The ground under Emi rumbled with the oncoming jutsu. Emi leapt quickly from the ground as the earth shot up to imprison her. She twisted in the air landing on a tree limb.

She glanced around the area but couldn't find the second rogue. With a curse, she pulled out a kunai, listening forthe second as the first rogue appeared before her. The kunai shot from her hand and nailed the rogue in the shoulder. He roared and Emi used the distraction to launch an onslaught. She landed several strikes to his face and torso, before a kick sent him flying backwards.

Emi barely regained her footing when a rustling brought her head around. The second rogue was about to land a strike. Emi got ready to block it, but several kunai and shuriken hit the ninja in the side, knocking him off course and landing him in a lump on the limb. Emi's head shot in the direction the weapons had come from and saw the genin stand up on the branches they'd been hiding on. Emi gritted her teeth at the disobedience, but turned her attention to the other rogue, who was pulling himself off the ground.

"You genin keep your eyes on this one." Emi called to the students, jabbing a finger at the weapon-riddled rogue. "If he moves, hit him with all you've got."

Without waiting for an answer, she dropped from the branch and faced the ninja. "Why'd you attack the oupost?" She demanded.

The rogue spat out a wad of blood and wiped his chin. "Because we though it would be fun." He said, sarcasm dripping off his words.

Emi scowled. "Tell me the truth."

The rogue just smirked and hurtled forward, weapon in hand.

164 Reviews

Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:58 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

***No, problem. I know how you feel, actually. College classes once a week, a buttload of homework, and a part time job? Ugh...***

Ayumi and the rogue wrestled on and on, neither really able to gain the upper hand. She growled, beginning to pant. How much longer would this last?

Then her chance came. The rogue gasped, looking at his fallen comrade with shuriken jutting from his skin. She smiled, striking his returning cheek with a full force backhand. Blood sprayed from his nose and lip as he spun to his knees, stunned by the blow. He snarled, moving to get back up. She saw his hands begin to form signs.

Oh, no you don't. She flew through her own, beating him by only a second or two. She inhaled sharply, focusing the chakra at her throat before exhaling, multiple, miniaturized fireballs propelling from her lips. The ninja groaned and swore, his dodging attempts throwing off his own jutsu.

It didn't work as well as Ayumi had hoped for. As soon as the last set of Housenka no Jutsu erupted, he leapt through the smoke, a kunai drawn and raised. She gasped, bringing up her own and just barely blocking him. She drew a second and plunged it forward, clipping his side with the weapon. She knew she got him, for he bit back a groan and flinched away from her strike.

"This would be a lot easier," she hissed, "if you just cooperated."

He scoffed, spitting in her face. "No chance, bitch."

She roared, tearing the second kunai away from him and lashing out again, her blood boiling in anger.

28 Reviews

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:39 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

***Mine's just friends wanting to hang out and getting ready for the big move. I don't leave for Birmingham until August, but Orientation is the 15th, so I have to get all my transcripts mailed and all that jazz. And Polina and Justin are leaving for Russia and Pennsylvania the 19th, so we're squeezing in as much hang time as we can. I just got back from Bay St. Louis, Mississippi with Kayla. She and Suzie also want to squeeze as much hang time in before they leave for Troy in the fall. And my college buds are out for the summer, so I've been busy. =)***

Emi deftly avoided the ninja's attack. He was slower, Emi noted, and he favored his left side. She must have gotten a good lick on him earlier. Grabbing his wrist, She twisted and pulled, flinging him over her head and slamming his body into the earth. Quickly she flipped him onto his stomach and cranked his arm up his back until his fingertips were touching his nape. She then whipped out a kunai and stabbed it through his other hand And placed her foot over his wrist. She had heard of a ninja using single-hand seals, so she was on the lookout of such ninja. Though, these rogues weren't nearly that strong, but better safe than sorry.

The rogue cred out in pain and Emi looked up into the trees. "Naoko and Akio, watch the ninja up there. The rest of you post watch. If you see anything, signal and don't engage."

"Yes, sensei." Came the Genin's replies.

Emi pulled out another kunai and turned her attention back to the ninja under her knee. Placing the blade on his shoulder, close to the neck, she bent down. "Reasons. Why did you attack that outpost?"

The rogue opened his mouh to seak, but a loud crashing noise cut him off and brought Emi's head up. Ayumi and the last rogue came flying from the treetops. Emi leapt out of the way as the pair rocketed past her.

164 Reviews

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:38 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Ah, I see. I haven't really hung out with anyone in a while. The only exceptions are youth nights at church, last weekend where I saw Prince of Persia three times in two days (each time with a different person/group), and this coming Friday; about ten of us are going to a Buiscuits game. No, my new job has been taking all my time, but of my own accord. I've been hired as an interior designer! :D ***

Ayumi roared, throwing shuriken into his path. He growled, diverting his momentum and touching down in the brush. She glanced at Emi, who looked thoroughly pissed at her. "Sorry," she shot before tackling the man.

They engaged in another taijutsu match, but her anger had made her faster. She flew past his defenses and punched him, knocking him backwards into the tree. She latched onto his shoulder, flipping him around to face the tree. She grasped both of his hands, pinning them to his back with his index fingers bent into a very uncomfortable - and maybe even painful - angle. She dug her knee into the back of his leg and held a knife to his back, the tip piercing his skin.

"Now, jackass: answer the fucking question," she hissed. "Don't press your luck further." She looked over at Emi, at the rogue there. "That goes for you, too, bastard! No more games!"

28 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:46 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

Emi pushed up on the rogue's arm until he cried out in pain. "You were saying?"

"We were paid." He grunted.

Emi leaned down to better hear the ninja. "Paid? By who?" The rogue didn't answer, so Emi pushed up on his arm sharply and a loud snap followed by a roar filled the air. "I'm only going to ask one more time before I rip off the whole arm. Who paid you?"

"His name is Koiko. He lives in a large village several miles from the border." The ninja said through clenched teeth and shallow breath.

"Shut up, you little rat!" The ninja being held by Ayumi yelled.

164 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:32 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi applied pressure to the knife, guiding the blade up and into his skin. He hissed as blood oozed from the expanding mark.

"There are several villages. Which one?" she hissed. He bit his lip; she dug the knife into him further.

He gasped, but didn't say a word. His teammate answered her again. "Its Madoka. He has a mansion there."

Ayumi growled at the stubborn man's back. So hardcore, she hated this kind of person - it reminded her of her blood father, of the people he dealt with on a daily basis, of the people that finally killed them and nearly her... She pulled the knife away from his back, spun it, and struck him across the brow with the butt of the handle. He cried out, going half limp in her grasp; she had dazed him. "You gonna let your buddy blow it all? You're in as deep shit as he, and here you are, vainly holding onto dignity and hope!"

He coughed, looking at her. "You know nothing about it!"

"I know more than you think. You know Gorou?" He nodded, hesitantly. "He was my father. Technically speaking, just based on background, I'm one of you guys."

The ninja swallowed, sighing. He let his head drop a little, defeated. "Koiko is a lord with a grudge against the Hidden Leaf. Why, I don't know. He just wants to see it weakened and crumble. That's all we know."

Ayumi smiled smuggly. "Thank you for finally cooperating." She looked at Emi. "Now what? Tie them up? Hand them to the ANBU?"

28 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:55 am
View Likes
EmiSukotto16 says...

Emi glanced at Ayumi. The kunoichi didn't often bring up her blood father, so her use of it in an interrogation was a little surprising. Emi looked down at the rogue she had pinned. "Yeah. ANBU should show up soon, and we can discuss possible plans of action with them when they get here. We can't go into Rock territory uninvited, but we need to investigate this Koiko guy."

With that, she removed a kunai from her pack and in a swift movement, hit the rogue in the temple. He went limp immediately. She replaced the kunai and the pulled a length of leather from her pack and tied it tightly around the rogue's wrists in a position that kept the fingers bent and immovable. She then moved to his ankles and secured them with more leather binding. She hauled him up by the back of the shirt and hefted him onto her shoulder before turning to Ayumi.

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
— Arthur C. Clarke