z

Young Writers Society

Kunoichi (Ayumi and Emi)

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:50 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

"Ahh." Emi said. "You sure know how to hold grudges." Emi's tone sobered. "I don't want you facing him alone. He's strong." Ayumi scoffed. Emi grabbed the girl's shoulder, stopping her, and looked her in the eyes. "Listen to me Ayumi; you have no idea what he's capable of." She looked directly into her sister's eyes. "I do, though. So listen to me when I say he's strong and heed my warnings."

"Senseis?" Jinrou had stopped and was looking at them. The others turned at his voice and looked at Emi and Ayumi. Emi looked at them and smiled. "I was telling Ayumi a secret."

"A secret?" Akio asked, eyes bright.

"It's a jounin secret, though. Sorry." Emi said.

Akio frowned and turned on his heel. Emi gave Ayumi one last glanced and walked forward, setting the group on it's way, again.
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:13 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

The squads pressed on through the course of the day, only stopping every now and then to eat, drink, and take necessary breaks... Ayumi and Emi spent most of their time talking about missions, expectations, and other Jounin material, all the while watching out for any surprises. The Genin acted as if this were their first trip outside the village. Which it probably was.

The sun began to go down, and they finally stopped to make camp. Ayumi gathered wood and got a campfire going as everyone else set up their sleeping bags and suppers.

Ayumi sat down with her back to a tree. She sighed, "So, kids, how you liking your little road trip so far?"

"It's awesome!" Taiki shook his head, messing up his hair. Naoko and Haruki rolled their eyes; Ayumi wasn't surprised they were sitting together, away from the boys.

"It could be better," Akio commented.

Emi laughed. "Yeah, well, it's how you learn. You have to start small before you can move on to bigger things."

Ayumi watched him mumble. Where his words may not have been audible, she still read them clearly: "Damn, that sucks, too." She laughed.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

28 Reviews

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:23 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

***Sorry for the long wait. Busy weekend...***

Emi just smirked and took a seat by a tree near Ayumi. She leaned back and closed her eyes. "We're making good time. At this rate we should be able to make it to the Grass border by nightfall tomorrow, and then the outpost by noon the next day."

"We still have a day and a half of walking left to do?" Akio whined. Emi opened her eyes and looked at him.

"Unless you can figure out how to do a summoning jutsu." Naoko replied, rolling her eyes to Haruki, who giggled lightly.

"You can do a summoning!" Akio pointed to Emi. "I've heard you can summon two different creatures."

"You shouldn't believe everything you hear." Emi said, closing her eyes, again. "Though sometimes knowing rumors can be useful."

"Surely a Jounin can do a summoning." Akio grumbled.

Emi sat up and pegged Akio with a hard look. "You need to learn patience. You can't always jump into battle at the first moment. You wouldn't survive very long with that method. You must wait, learn your target, and assess situations. Every ninja must do this if they wish to live a long life."

Akio looked down and roughly untied his sleeping mat. Emi leaned back against her tree and closed her eyes. "Who's taking first watch?"

164 Reviews

Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:15 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Yeah, I saw you driving today... :wink: I know the busy-weekend feeling - been trying to pack for New York between horse sales! :lol: And I got me a Tony Lama hat!! Wooh! Yeah, sorry... I had too much coke. :XD ***

Ayumi chuckled, getting to her feet. "I will." She waved at the genins; Emi's eyes were still closed. "Good night, all."

Without another word, she leapt up and away, soaring up to rest on a tree limb overlooking the road. The air was still; there was a sound in the forest. Except for the occassional owl or cricket... But all else was normal. Peaceful.

She sighed as she made herself comfortable, absentmindedly pulling a kunai out of her boot. She twirled it lazily, being careful to not cut herself or worse. That'd be a sight to see, especially for the genin...

She turned her gaze toward the moon, which was already halfway to its peak. "Well, father, maybe I was cut out to be a sensei after all. I'm just sorry you can't see it for yourself..."
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

28 Reviews

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:19 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

The group made it to the outpost at the time Emi had guessed they would, however, she hadn't guessed the outpost would be in ruins when they got there. Whipping out weapons, Ayumi and Emi went on the defensive, scanning the surrounding area for enemy. The genin noticed their teachers' actions and mimicked them.

The group slowly moved forward into the outpost. Emi scanned for survivors as they moved through the wreckage. Everything was fresh, dust still hung in the air and blood still ran red. Barely even an hour had passed since the place was attacked. The genin were unsetteled by the carnage.

A faint moan, barely audible, drifted to the group and Emi moved toward it with caution, alert for traps. Lying in the dirt was a Leaf chuunin. Emi knelt down beside him and inspected his wounds. Several kunai were imbedded in his body. Emi heard Ayumi come up behind her as she removed her water canteen. She placed a hand on the Chuunin's forehead. He was already burning up. "Let's move him to somewhere covered." Emi suggested. She and Ayumi lifted him and carried him to a partially collapsed building. Ayumi darted inside, then returned with an all-clear.

"Ayumi, stand watch. Akio and Taiki, I need you two to hold him down. Naoko, cover his mouth." Emi directed. In this scenario, she needed a skilled ninja watching for enemies. The Genin were too much of a liability on watch.

Emi unscrewed the lid of her canteen and used her water-manipulation jutsu. She directed the water to one of the man's injuries. Grabbing the hilt of a kunai, she drew it out and quickly sent the water into the wound. The Chuunin writhed in agony, his pained cries muffled by Naoko's palm. Emi focused on stitching muscles and skin back together. She healed the major wounds with her jutsu, and cleaned and dressed the others to heal on their own.

"My squad and I will go search for more wounded." Ayumi said.

Emi nodded. "Naoko, Akio, Jinrou; stand watch." The genin nodded and moved into position near their hideout's entrance.

After several minutes, Ayumi and her squad returned. "There were no other survivor's and no signs of enemy activity in the immediate area."

Emi sighed and looked at the unconscious Chuunin. "Hopefully, he'll wake up and give us some information." Ayumi nodded solemnly. The Genin stood pale and quiet, their bodies stiff. Looked like Akio got his higher ranked mission. "We need to get a report of this to the village. I can send Koorichi, he's small and quick." Emi's small dragon summon could fly the message to Konoha in a day.

164 Reviews

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:06 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi felt her hand begin to shake. In anger, in anxiety... What if - ? No, it couldn't be. She knew they were lethal, but this was too soon...

But...

She sighed, shaking her head. The more she thought about it, the less logical it seemed. The Akatsuki had no reason to come here; she knew from reports that didn't kill and destroy simple for revenge.

She diverted her attention by looking at the other genin. Akio and Chiro were the only ones that looked even half thrilled by the situation; the excitement they might be feeling was undoubtedly mellowed by the sight of so much blood, death, and ash.

She looked over at the girls; they had curled up in the back corner, Haruki's face hidden in Naoko's arms. Just by the sound of it, Haruki was crying again.

"Damn..." she whispered.

28 Reviews

Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:33 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

"I'll go ahead and send Koorichi off." Emi said. After a few quick handseals, Emi bit her thumb, drawing blood. The Genin watched in awe as Emi put her palm to the ground and a seal mark formed followed by a burst of smoke. The smoke cleared, leaving a small, icy purple dragon the size of an eagle.

"How may I be of service, Emi?" The dragon said in a female voice.

Emi pulled out a blank scroll and quickly wrote down a message. She then tied it to the dragon's leg. "Fly this to Konoha as fast as you can."

The dragon nodded once and took off, disappearing outside in the blink of an eye.

"That's awesome." Taiki murmured and Akio nodded.

"We need to eat, but no fire." Emi said, sitting down. I only need a pair on watch, now. That can be you two." Emi nodded to Akio and Taiki. We'll switch out every other hour." Emi motioned for Ayumi to sit next to her.

"Hidden Rock." Emi whispered. "The way the outpost was destroyed was by earth attacks. There aren't any signs of water or fire, and the way the earth was turned up, it wasn't wind. The Village Hidden in the Rocks is the only village that specializes in Earth-style ninjutsu." Emi put up a finger. "However, it is possible for another ninja village, or single group of ninja, to use earth-based attacks."

"So what are we looking at here?" Ayumi asked.

Emi nodded to the unconscious Chuunin. "Hopefully he can tell us."

It took several hours for him to wake up. Emi and Ayumi were on watch at the time.

"Sensei!" Naoko called. Emi turned to see the Chuunin's eyes open.

"Jinrou, Chiro. Take up watch." The boys nodded and took Ayumi and Emi's place by the "door". The two jounin went and sat next to the Chuunin. "How are you feeling?" The Chuunin gave them an uncertain look. His eyes glancing to their hitai-ite. "We're Leaf ninja. I'm Emi Sukotto, and this is Ayumi Gosu." The man relaxed when she said their names. "We were went to check up on the outpost."

"I see." The Chuunin said.

"What happened here?" Ayumi asked.

"A small group of Rock ninja happened." The Chuunin growled.

"Rock?" Emi asked. "Are you sure?" He nodded and Emi frowned. "Do you have any idea as to the motvie?"

"No. They attacked ruthlessly and left. I passed out not long after they disappeared."

"Why would Hidden Rock attack an outpost?" Ayumi asked.

Emi shook her head, as far as she knew, Rock was stable and non-threatening, but no one was certain. Rock had kept to itself since the last Great Ninja War. We may have to go out on a search. But first, we need to get..." Emi looked to the Chuunin with a question on her face.

"Kuri." He said.

"We need to get Kuri back to the village." Emi finished.

***Do you want to use your summon here? I have a larger dragon summon that can do it, but I wanted to see if you wanted to use a summon.***

164 Reviews

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:50 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***I enjoyed my trip (to an extent), so now enjoy yours! See you when you get back!***

Ayumi nodded. "I'll summon Akihiro. He should get there right after Koorichi lands."

The Genin looked up as Ayumi began to conduct hand signs, standing and moving to the center of the building, away from anyone; Jinrou and Chiro had to turn on the spot so as to look over their shoulders. After the final sign, she bit her own thumb and squeezed, drawing blood, and set her palm flat on the ground. As soon as she touched the earth, a summoning mark appeared, but then vanished in a cloud of smoke. A deep growl came from within the black mist.

"What now, Ayumi-sama?" the creature growled softly as the smoke began to clear. Akihiro stood there, a tall and majestic tiger. But he was different: rather than the black stripes on a gold body, he was black with dark red stripes. He was also much taller and broader; he was the size of a standard, military-grade horse.

"We have one wounded; he needs a ride back to Konoha," Ayumi stood and went to Kuri. She and Emi helped the Chuunin sit up, during which time she addressed him; it was clear he was terrified by the summon. "Akihiro will not harm anyone unless given a specific command, which only I know. But once assigned to a person - you, in this instance - he will not stop protecting you until you are safely home. Okay?"

Kuri looked no better, but he at least nodded. Ayumi gestured for Akihiro to approach and kneel, which he did. It took Ayumi and Emi only a few moments more to steady Kuri onto the tiger's back, along with a second written note, and then Akihiro was off. She followed the tiger out the door and stood there, watching until his long tail, tipped with bright burgundy hair, vanished into the trees.

She ignored the stares of the Genin; it was quite obvious they were stunned at their senseis' collective powers. There was one difference, though: Ayumi only had one summon; she had not obtained the right to call on the two dragons Emi had...

Either way, no time to dwell on that; Ayumi was itching for combat. "So now an option: wait for backup, or we track down some Rock rebels."

28 Reviews

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:42 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

Emi thought for a moment. Waiting for backup had its advantages, but the rebels would be long gone by the time the reinforcements arrived. They'd have to scout out the Rock ninja and keep tabs on them, that was the most they could do.

"Alright, we're going out searching for the rebels." Emi said finally, but she caught Ayumi's eyes. "Do not engage unless absolutely necesssary. These ninja are tough by the looks of it." Ayumi frowned, but nodded. Emi then turned her gaze to the Genin. "You would do best staying here in the outpost until our help arrives."

"What?!" Akio and Taiki cried.

"No way! I'm coming with you guys!" Akio proclaimed.

"These ninja are way beyond you, Akio. You'd be dead before you could unsheath a kunai." Emi scolded him.

"How am I supposed to learn if I never get a chance to fight?" Akio mumbled.

"You'll get your chance, with an opponent you actually have a chance against. So you Genin need to stay here and wait on the reinforcements."

"Won't you need help?" Naoko asked. "I mean, I know you're strong Jounin, but like you said these guys are strong. We could stay in the shadows and offer help from there if a fight broke out."

"You wouldn't stay hidden for long." Ayumi said.

Emi nodded. "The minute you tried a single attack, the Rock ninja would know your location, and since we are blind of their numbers, they could send one of their members after you while the others kept us from helping you."

Akio scowled and the others looked down.

164 Reviews

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:07 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi hated the sight of those downturned faces. They wanted to fight so badly...they wanted to prove themselves... She knew that feeling too well.

She sighed, "Look at it this way. You're doing us a big favor - you get to 'hold the fort' (as it were), which keeps us from worrying about it. Then, we can focus on the task at hand."

Taiki nodded, mirrored by Haruki. "Yes, ma'am," they said simultaneously.

Ayumi turned then, and stepped into the square. She waited for Emi to join her before saying anything else, in a whisper. "There were some tracks on the southern perimeter, retreating into the woods. Wanna start there?"

***By the way, you need to submit some kind of writing or art to openit@butlerco.k12.al.us by midnight. It's a test grade for Creative Writing and English.***

28 Reviews

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:03 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

Emi nodded and the pair darted off to the south to where the prints were located. They lead out of the outpost and disappeared a few yards away. The dirt that made up the prints was still loose and settling.

"They took to the trees, but judging by these prints, we missed the whole event by half an hour." Emi said.

"Far enough away to not feel the tremors from the attack." Ayumi mused. "We could have helped defend this place, had we been sooner!"

"But we weren't and there's nothing we can do about it now." Emi pressed her hands together into a handseal and water sprouted from the ground, coalescing into three Emi's. "Let's split up and search the trees for a trail to follow. Without your summon, we can't follow scent, Koori isn't a good tracker. Give a signal if you found something, just make sure it's subtle."

164 Reviews

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:15 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi nodded and reached into her pocket, pulling out a ruby and handing it to Emi. There was an odd glow from the heart of it, as though fire were stored inside.

"There's enough heat stored in that thing to start a fire," she said. "I'll activate it if anything comes up." Then they split paths. Ayumi leapt to the right, and the four Emi's spread out along the left and the center of the trail.

Ayumi kept her eyes opened, her ears alert. She listened for any sound of movement, and for any glimpse - a leftover, a print, a discard, a shift, anything! - that might give her a head. She moved at a slower pace than normal, making certain to not miss a single detail. At least the genin had done one thing positive for her: her patience had improved.

***So, now to come up with a sign to follow and a base for our rogues...***

28 Reviews

Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:31 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Emi leapt from tree to tree moving cautiously and slowly. Her eyes darted from place to place, seeking out abnormalities in the landscape. It took a little while for her to notice something strange about the limbs and grass below. She stopped, looking ahead and then back the way she had come. It was there, but barely. A fine trail of dust and loose dirt lining tree branches and scattered faintly on the grass below. It led farther into the trees, curving eastward slightly.

Emi whisked through handseals for a simple justu and a small bird made of water formed in the air before her and took off towards the area where Ayumi should be searching.

164 Reviews

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:09 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ayumi heard its watery wings fluttering before she saw it. She looked up as the water bird flew up beside her, snaring her attention. It pecked her softly on the shoulder, then turned back in the direction from whence it came. So Emi had found something...

She followed the bird back to where Emi was standing, staring at something on the ground. Ayumi stopped beside her, following her sister's gaze. There was a faint trace of dust on the ground, leading away from the site.

"Nothing like a dirty ninja," Ayumi mused, pun fully intended.

Emi just rolled her eyes. "We need to proceed with caution. Now that we've got their trail, there may be the chance they know it - "

"And could set traps for us."

The girls smiled at each other; despite even the most perilous and dangerous moments, they could still finish each other's sentences.

28 Reviews

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:55 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

The pair moved quickly, though their eyes darted in every direction. They didn't speak as they followed the trail, using hand signals in case of hidden ninja. They hadn't run across any traps yet, which was strange. Either these ninja were extremely careless, overtly confident, or they were attempting to trick the Leaf jounin.

Keep your eyes sharp. Emi signalled to her sister. Ayumi nodded once and they continued following the dust trail.

It didn't take long for the landscape to shift, becoming rockier and holding less greenery. The trees began to thin out and the undergrowth became sparser. They were heading into Earth Country. By Emi's estimation, they were about three miles from the border. Hopefully this trail didn't go all the way past the border. Otherwise, they'd be forced to give up the pursuit and turn back. If they crossed into Earth territory, they'd break an already fragile treaty.

However, the trail curved eastward and ran parallel to the border. THe two kunoichi leapt into a tree and hid among the branches as they came upon a cluster of boulders that formed a cave. The dust trail led straight into it.

Looks like we've found their hideout. Emi signed to Ayumi.

"Yesterday you said tomorrow, so JUST DO IT."
— Shia Labeouf