z

Young Writers Society

Persona - Dynamo and Ayumi

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:09 pm
Dynamo says...

The store was relatively empty when they arrived, probably because it was the middle of the week and everybody was still working. It looked like the three of them were the only ones in the electronics section other than the actual employees.

They walked over to the games section, but on the way they passed the big screen T.V.s. Kaito stopped to look at them while Masaru and Kenta went on without him. He remembered what had happened last night, how he put his hand through the T.V. Had it really happened, or had it all been just a dream? Well, there was only one way to find out.

He looked around to make sure no one was looking before he placed his hand on the screen. He gasped when his hand passed right through it. It felt like he was reaching into a warm pool of water. The screen also rippled around his hand as though it was water. He hadn't been imagining it, it actually happened!

"Hey Kaito, where'd you go?" Masaru called. He came around a corner with Kenta and saw Kaito. "Oh, there you a-" That's when he saw Kaito's hand inside the T.V.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:05 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

"Dude, what the fuck?" Kenta hissed, standing beside him and staring up at the screen.

"See!" Kaito whispered, pulling his hand away. "I was telling the truth!"

Masaru was frozen solid, paralyzed in shock. He couldn't take his eyes off Kaito's hand. Kenta finally reached over and thumped him on the forehead. "Snap out of it. This is serious!"

"No shit," Masaru muttered. "But now what? You can teleport through T.V.s now? What's is all this?"

Kaito shook his head, looking back up at the screen. "I don't know."
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

103 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Dynamo says...

"Can you do it whenever you want?" Kenta asked.

"I don't know," Kaito said, reaching for the T.V. again. His hand passed through it just as easily as it had before. He started to reach in deeper than he had before, until he was elbow-deep inside the screen.

Masaru started looking around nervously. "Dude, I don't know what the hell is going on but you'd better stop before someone sees!"

Kaito nodded and started to pull his arm out when, just like before, something grabbed him from inside and tried to yank him in. Kaito made a surprised yelp as he almost lost his footing.

"What's wrong?" Kenta asked, her voice a little high with fright.

"Something's got my arm!" Kaito shouted.

"You mean, there's something on the other side of the T.V.!?" Masaru asked.

"Help me!"

Both Kenta and Masaru grabbed Kaito by the shoulders and tried to pull him free. He was starting to come out inch by inch. But suddenly there was another yank, stronger than before. Kaito lost his footing, and all three of them were pulled into the T.V. The last thing any of them remembered was falling through a never-ending void of white before blacking out.

(I'll let you describe their new location. It's going to be on a T.V. studio stage with fog everywhere. And, of course, they're going to be the only ones there.)
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:50 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Kenta groaned, sitting up. Her head ached, like she had hit something. Forget her head, her entire body was sore from the jolt. She groaned, grasping her already damaged side when she was halfway up. Someone put their hands against her shoulder, making her sit down. She looked up to see Kaito standing over her.

"Be still," he instructed. "Where are you hurt?"

She bit her lip, taking a few steadying breaths. "It's nothing. Just...from last night."

He must have known what she meant, for he nodded and helped her stand. Masaru was standing a few feet away from them, looking around. "Where are we?"

The other two joined him in the inspection. They looked around; in front of them were some studio lights and a backdrop. Behind them were a few chairs with "Director", "Assistant Director", and such written on the backs, a couple high-tech cameras, and a discarded script. They couldn't see too much else with all the fog.

"Is this a...studio?" Kenta asked.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

103 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:28 pm
Dynamo says...

"It looks like it," Masaru said. "But, how did we get here?"

"I don't know." Kaito said.

"Could it be, we're on the other side of the T.V.?" Kenta asked.

"We were pulled through the T.V. screen, so it is possible," Kaito said.

Masaru looked around a little nervously. "Maybe we should look around for a way out," he suggested.

"Good idea," Kaito said as he led the way out of the studio.

(I'll let you describe the next area they'll be exploring. Be creative. :D )
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:55 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

The trio set off, walking around the studio until they could find a door leading out. Masaru came to one. "Hey, over here!" Kenta and Kaito ran over and joined him just as he pulled the door open. Masaru's jaw dropped in surprise, and glee.

A metal complex stood in the center of the room, if it was even a room. The surrounding space was enormous, with the floor seeming to fade into the walls; it was an artistic illusion created by murals of a desert scene. The complex in the center had ramps going both up to another level, and down into under-ground garages; motorcycles and other vehicles were parked under there, and various tunnels divided the upper level.

"What is this place?" Kenta asked, looking around for another door. There was a door in the very back, almost invisible with all the paint.

"It's a scene from the newest Halo!" Masaru whispered, smiling broadly.

Kenta groaned, rolling her eyes. "Of course..."

Kaito cleared his throat. "Let's keep moving. We need to get out of here."

***Sorry, all I could think of.***

103 Reviews

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:32 pm
Dynamo says...

(That's okay. I just wanted to get them moving.)

They looked around the room until they found another door. Upon opening it they found themselves in yet another setting. It looked like the outside hall of the Minako Inn, with the sliding doors to the rooms on the right and a long porch overlooking the garden to the left. The fog was thick here, too. They could barely see the fence surrounding the inn's property.

"What are we doing at Haruki's family's inn?" Masaru asked.

"No," Kenta said. "It feels... different, empty, like no one has been here for a long time."

"Let's keep looking," Kaito said. "This place is really starting to creep me out." He led the other two down the hall, trying to find another door. Kenta almost tripped when she felt a light wave of dizziness flow through her. She could feel a slight pounding in the back of her head, like the beginning of a headache.

"Kenta, what's wrong?" Masaru asked.

"Nothing. I'm just starting to get a headache, I think."

"Now that you mention it, so am I."

Kaito didn't like the sound of it. He wanted to find the way out, and quickly. They came to yet another door. They hadn't been expecting what was inside the moment they opened the door. If they hadn't been creeped out by the last few settings yet, they definitely were now.

They found themselves inside a small room with red walls and a hardwood floor. The curtains, which were also red, were closed to keep the light from shining through. The walls were covered with what looked like posters of someone, who that someone was they couldn't tell because the face was cut out of each and every one of them. The thing that caught their attention the most was the red scarf hanging from the ceiling fan, tied in the shape of a noose.
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:16 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

For the first time in Masaru's life, he saw Kenta shake. Her breathing stammered in shock for a few seconds, but her hands trembled visibly. She even reached over and pinched Kaito's pant leg between her fingers, as if hoping just his mere presence would warn the fear away.

Kaito obviously felt her, too, for he looked at her; even his eyes were wide and wild. Masaru just gulped, staggering backwards and pressing his back to the wall.

"We have to get out of here..." Kenta whispered, voice breaking as she fought back tears of terror. "Wherever the fuck we are, we are going to fucking die!" The boys looked at her, so she gestured to the noose. "Look at this place!"

Masaru nodded vigorously. "I agree with her!"

Kaito tried to keep a cool head, tried to be the calming factor. He cleared his throat tentatively, looking at the other two, but keeping an eye on the suspicious noose. "Let's just...calm down for a second. We need to think. This-this could just be a-a-a..." A what? "A mind game. Yeah..."

Kenta glared at him. Not a good time to be logical.

103 Reviews

Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:30 pm
Dynamo says...

"Let's just...go back the way we came," Kaito said. It was better than staying in this unsettling room.

Both Masaru and Kenta nodded rapidly. It was clear neither of them wanted to stay either. They began to file out of the room when Masaru got a closer look at one of the posters. "Wait a minute..." He stopped so he could examine it a little more carefully.

"Come of, Masaru," Kenta urged. "I want to get the hell out of here."

"I think I've seen this poster before, but I just can't remember where," he said.

Kenta grabbed Masaru by the arm and dragged him out. "We're leaving, now!"

(I have something I need to post before they can get out, by the way. Can you bring them back to the room they started in? Thanks.

This may be the only time I'll get to post for the rest of the day, since I'm packing up everything to move into my new dorm tomorrow. I'm part of the orientation week volunteers, so I'm moving in a few days earlier than everyone else. I'm going to be pretty busy for the next week, so don't be surprised if I don't post much.)
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:14 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

***I finally have a way for you to hear me sing! It's not much, but it's something. http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 2079479921 There's also a clip of me singing high stuff (just a few seconds of "The Queen of the Night's Aria" from The Magic Flute) in my other video called "Lil Annie". It's not very much, again, but you can't miss it - no way! Just an FYI for you...***

Kenta made haste and left the guys a few feet behind her, leading the way back through the door and out of the room. She didn't pay attention to the detail of the Halo room, either, as she made her way across the floor and to the next entrance. She didn't care that she was walking fast, or even away from her friends. She wanted out.

This is just a dream, she thought, hoping to calm her frayed nerves. Just a bad dream, and I will wake up in a second, be back in the classroom or at Haruki's house, or in a tree... Any second now!

She pushed the door open, stepping back into the studio, the first room they had been in.

Any second!

The door slammed behind them as Masaru and Kaito entered the room as well, returning to where they were.

ANY SECOND!!!

Nothing was happening. They were still trapped inside the television. She choked back a sob as tears pooled in her eyes.

103 Reviews

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:58 pm
Dynamo says...

"What are you all doing here?" A voice called out. Everyone turned to see a small green creature come through one of the studio's doors. It looked just like Larvitar from Pokemon, except without the horn, red belly,or black spots. The little creature looked pretty annoyed as the three of them stared at it. "I get it, you three must be the ones causing all the trouble around here!"

"...Am I really seeing this? Is that thing talking to us?" Masaru asked, simply astounded. Kaito nor Kenta could believe it either. They just stood there, staring at the little green fellow.

The creature frowned harder. "Stop staring at me! I want you all out of here right now!" It tried its best to look threatening, but failed miserably at it.

"Look, we'd love to get out of here, but we don't know how!" Kaito said.

The little creature mumbled in frustration as it went over to one of the ropes tied to the wall, the ones that were meant to hold up sandbags. He untied one of them, and down from the foggy ceiling dropped a large, old-fashioned T.V., the one that had stubby legs and an antenna sticking out of the top.

"Out of the way," the creature said as it shoved its way past Kaito and Masaru on its way to the television. It clicked one of the knobs to turn on the device. After a few moments of static they could see a familiar picture.

"Hey!" Kenta shouted, "It's the electronics section! We can go bacdk home!"

Kaito and Masaru were as ecstatic as she was. "You're right! Let's get the hell out of here!" Masaru said.

"Hold it," Kaito told them. "We have to wait and make sure the way is clear first." The other two nodded in agreement. They stood huddled up in front of the T.V., waiting for the few people on the other side to move away.

It seemed the little creature had other plans, though. "Just get out already!" It shouted as it jumped up and kicked Kaito in the back. The force of the kick didn't hurt in the least, but it was enough to knock him off balance. He let out a yelp as he tumbled into Kenta and Masaru, sending all three of them into the screen.

After a few moments, the group found themselves back in the electronics section of Junes.

(There isn't going to be anymore Pokemon references, I just couldn't think of anything else.)
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:52 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

***It's fine, it beats what I'm able to think of right now. I'm really sick - I think I'm trying to catch pnuemonia, of all things, and I'm about to pass out on medicines... I'll post tomorrow, when I feel better.***

103 Reviews

Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:38 pm
Dynamo says...

(That's fine. Take your time, there's no rush. I hope you feel better soon.)
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:29 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Kenta lifted her head and looked around. Was it really happening? Were they back in the real world, safe in reality? She felt the floor beneath her feet, saw the games in front of her face, felt the cool blast of the air conditioner...

But it wasn't enough. Just these feelings weren't enough for her; she had to get away, to get out. She didn't think, she only moved, hastily walking out of the store and into the corridor of the mall. There were people around her, talking and laughing and moving and staring... Staring at her.

"Kenta?" Kaito asked, coming after her.

She shook her head, running. She shook her head; she had to be certain, to be sure. She dashed down the hall, away, toward the door. She bolted through the door and staggered into the front lot, standing in the middle of the walkway. She stared up at the sky, breathing in the sweet air of summer...

People snickered, watching her. She looked back at them only to get the satisfaction of seeing them withdraw and vanish into the throng.

She sighed, sinking to her knees. Tears fell from her eyes; she was sure, now, they were home.

103 Reviews

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:55 pm
Dynamo says...

Kaito and Masaru came out of the department store soon after. They saw Kenta on her knees by the sidewalk and went over to her. "Hey, Kenta, pull it together," Masaru told her. "People are starting to stare."

She shook her head. "I don't care, not after what we've been through."

"Come on, let's just get out of here." Masaru brought her arm up over his shoulders and lifted her to her feet.

Any other time Kenta wouldn't have let him, but right now she just didn't have the energy to complain. Instead, she said, "Just take me back to Haruki's." Masaru nodded and helped her walk down the street while Kaito followed.

"Just what the hell was that place?" Masaru asked.

"I don't know," Kaito said, shaking his head, "but I don't think we should talk about it in the open where people can hear us."
Take that, science!

The first draft is a trip to the amusement park. The next drafts are returning there as a safety inspector.
— SunsetTree