z

Young Writers Society

Persona - Dynamo and Ayumi

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:11 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Masaru put on one of his goofy grins. "That's all right! Hey, you got an XBox or something? Or the internet! I know some sweet games we can play..."

His voice faded as the group parted ways. When the girls were out of earshot, Haruki looked at Kenta. "Why don't you go with them? I'm sure it'd be more fun than helping me..."

Kenta shrugged. "If I'm going to be staying at your house more often, then I'd better make a good impression on your parents. Besides, you let me in for the night. I need to pay you back."

Haruki inhaled, letting it out carefully. "Okay..." She just hoped her parents were okay with it all; she knew they didn't trust her. But maybe...maybe talking to them about her, telling them her story and letting them see her truly kind heart... Ah, just maybe she'd have a new 'sister'.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:33 am
Dynamo says...

The two of them got something to eat from a nearby convenience store before heading toward Kaito's house. When they came to the front door Masaru had the strangest feeling that he should know who lives in this house. He pushed the thought away as he and Kaito took off their shoes and came in.

Nanako was sitting at the table like usual, watching T.V. She smiled at Kaito and said, "Welcome home."

Kaito smiled back. "Hi, Nanako."

"Is that a friend of yours?" the little girl asked.

"Yes, this is Masaru. We met at school. Will Dojima mind if I have a friend over?"

Nanako shook her head. "It should be find. Dad called earlier and said he would be working late tonight again anyway."

"Wait a minute, Dojima?" Masaru looked at Kaito. "Your uncle is Detective Dojima?"
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:43 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Haruki opened the back door and entered the kitchen, gesturing for Kenta to wait in the kitchen. The girl found her mother in the pantry.

"Hey, Mom," she said kindly.

The woman looked up, smiling until she saw Kenta. "Oh, hello."

Haruki's smile faded as well. "I need to talk to you. Kenta needs a place to stay, just for a couple nights at most."

She instantly shook her head. "No."

"No, Mom, listen. She's got some trouble at home. Her dad..." She sighed. "He beat her up; black eyes, a busted lip, probably some bruised ribs too..."

Mrs. Minako looked at her, dumbfounded. "That's probably just an excuse - "

"Mom, please?" Haruki begged. "She's not a liar, and she's not bad news. She's my friend, and my friend needs me. Please?" After a moment she added, "Fine, if not for the night, then do you mind if she helps out around the inn? She offered as a way to pay me back for the make-up and clothes."

Mrs. Minako stared at her, sighing heavily. "Fine. I'll see how she does working, and we'll go from there."

Haruki beamed, hugging her mother before running back into the kitchen. Kenta had taken off her glasses and was looking into the mirror hanging over the sink; the swelling had gone down, but it did look a little better. She turned around when she heard Haruki enter the room.

"Mom's gonna let you work," she smiled. "I'm pretty sure she'll let you stay the night for a few more nights, too! She's not the kind to refuse anybody!"

Kenta grinned back as best as she could, and embraced her friend. "Thanks."
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

103 Reviews

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:20 am
Dynamo says...

Kaito nodded. "That's right."

"It must be pretty cool having a detective for an uncle," Marasu said.

Kaito shrugged. "Maybe. I've only been here a few days, so I really couldn't say." He sat at the table, Masaru following suit. He emptied the shopping bag with the food they bought at the convenience store. Kaito turned to Nanako and asked, "Have you had anything to eat yet?"

The girl shook her head. "I was waiting for you to come home before making dinner."

"That's good, because I bought something for you on the way home." Kaito grabbed one of the three sandwiches and handed it to the girl. "I hope you don't mind mayonnaise."

Nanako's face lit up as she graciously took the sandwich. "Thank you, Kaito."

(If you want to do a time jump to later that night when they're all getting ready to watch the midnight channel, you can.)
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:11 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

The hours went by slowly for Kenta. She had never worked at an inn before, helping people get settled in, helping cook and clean, double checking every room to make sure it had all the necessities...

They were able to relax and retire for the night around ten. The rain came in, strong and heavy. The girls stayed up, trying to keep quiet as they listened to the radio, talked, and looked through magazines. Kenta began to realize, as these two hours went by, that she really did like some of the things Haruki introduced to her - she really was just another girl at heart.

It was finally midnight. Haruki looked up at the clock, seeing 11:50 on it. She gasped, tapping Kenta on the shoulder. "The midnight channel! It's almost time!"

Kenta groaned, rolling her eyes in distaste for the first time the whole evening. "Are you serious? Are we going to watch that bullshit - "

"Well, you never know until you try, do you?" Haruki got up and pulled down the blinds, tossing a few more magazines onto the bed before turning out the primary lights. All that was left was a single lamp, which she could turn off just a minute before the channel was supposed to work.

They waited, almost impatiently.

103 Reviews

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:38 pm
Dynamo says...

Kaito and Masaru hung out in his room for most of the evening, talking and watching T.V. Around 6:00 Masaru got a call from his mom telling him to come home for supper. Kaito showed him to the door and said goodbye to his friend before starting to work on some homework. Dojima came home late again that night. By the time he arrived Nanako was already in bed.

Kaito spent most of the night in his room reading a book while waiting for midnight to roll around. When the clock was about two minutes from midnight he closed his curtains and turned off the lights. He stood in front of the T.V. "Well, time to see if this rumor is true," he said to himself.

A few moments after the clock struck midnight the screen started to glow. Kaito watch with wide eyes as the room was filled with the eerie glow of the T.V. A figure appeared on the screen of a girl with long hair. The figure was a silhouette, so he couldn't tell who it was exactly. Even so, the figure felt somewhat familiar.

After a while the T.V. cut to a blank white screen. The T.V. seemed somewhat different now, like the screen was made of liquid. Mabe it was an optical illusion of some kind. Even so, Kaito reached to touch it.

Kaito gasped when his hand passed right through the screen. He stared at it, completely awe struck. How was this even possible? His hand was inside the T.V. like it was some kind of portal or something.

Then he got an idea. How much further could he reach in? He began to reach in more, until his arm up to his elbow was inside. Then, he felt something grab him from the other side and try to pull him in. His head smacked against the edge of the T.V., the device was too small for him to fit inside. He managed to pull his arm free before tripping and hitting the floor. He struggled to catch his breath as the screen slowly faded to black.

There was a knock at the door, and Kaito nearly jumped out of his skin. Dojima's voice from the other side said, "Kaito, is everything okay? I heard a noise."

Kaito swallowed before saying, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just had a bad dream, that's all."

"All right, good night." He heard Dojima's footsteps as he went back to his own room.

Kaito was left staring at the T.V. "What the hell just happened?"

(Everyone else will see the silhouette of the girl, but Kaito is the only one who experiences the whole, almost-getting-sucked-into-the-T.V. thing.)
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:51 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Kenta and Haruki finally turned out the light and stared at the television. It was completely dark in the room, but it suddenly began to get brighter. The unit was glowing just slightly; a black mass appeared in the screen, with a long frame, cascading hair, and curves.

A girl?

The image lifted an arm and began to make gestures, like she wanted someone to come closer. Then she faded, and was gone.

Kenta swallowed. "Jesus Christ...it really does work."

Haruki nodded. "Yeah, but... Who was that girl?"

-----

Masaru crouched on the bed, staring intently at the box. He gasped, starting to silently spazz when the screen began to glow and a black shape appeared. A girl? Yeah, that's what it looked like; you could see the curves and long, flowing hair. But he never saw enough of her. Her face never showed.

He sighed, disappointed when the screen faded to nothing, leaving him with so many questions and so few clues.

"Damn," he muttered.

103 Reviews

Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:20 pm
Dynamo says...

The next morning started just like any other. Kaito got up, had breakfast, and started walking to school. All the while he couldn't stop thinking about what happened during the midnight channel last night. Did his hand really pass through the T.V., or had it all been just a dream?

The others were in the classroom by the time Kaito entered the room. The three of them were all talking about what they had seen last night. As soon as Kaito took his seat Masaru said, "Hey Kaito, did you see it?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I did."

"I wonder who that girl was?" Kenta asked. "It was just a silhouette so we couldn't see her face."

Masaru frowned. "I don't know why, but when I saw that girl I felt like I knew here from somewhere."

"Maybe she's your soul mate, Masaru!" Haruki said, a little excited.

"You think so?"

As Kaito listened he became convinced that it hadn't been a dream. But still, something bugged him. "So, nothing else happened after that image of the girl went away?" he asked.

They all looked at him. Kenta said, "No. After that girl was on the T.V. for a few moments the screen just faded back to black. Why do you ask?"

Kaito debated on whether or not to say anything. They might not believe him, but it was too weird to ignore. He took a deep breath and said, "After the girl disappeared from my T.V. the screen went white and looked like it was wet. When I went to touch it my hand somehow passed through the screen. When I tried to reach deeper inside I felt something try to pull me in. The only reason why I wasn't pulled in completely was because my T.V. was too small for my body to fit through. It was only after I pulled free that the T.V. went dark." He waited to see what their reactions would be to his story.

(They're not going to believe him, by the way.)
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:41 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Kenta raised her eyebrows, staring at him. She kept her face still, but her gaze rolled to Masaru and Haruki and back. She only blinked once.

"What?" Masaru asked, frowning at him.

"You heard me," Kaito said, persistently. "Something tried to pull me into the T.V."

Haruki swallowed, shaking her head. It soon became apparent his friends didn't believe him. "Are you sure you weren't just dreaming? It could have been a nightmare, or optical illusions."

"It wasn't a dream! It was - " Kaito hissed.

Kenta put her hand on his shoulder. "It's okay. If you insist, then maybe so. But...it really is hard to believe, Kaito."

103 Reviews

Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:56 pm
Dynamo says...

Kaito sighed, "Yeah, I guess you're right." Maybe they were right and it was just a dream. Now that he thought about it, it seemed very unlikely that anything like that could happen anyway.

Masaru smiled and said, "But hey, that part about you not being able to fit inside the T.V. because it was so small was pretty convincing. You almost had me going there."

Kenta looked over at Masaru and frowned a little. "Hey, Masaru. Don't think I haven't forgotten about how you broke my DVD the other day. You're going to have to pay me back for it."

Masaru slouched a little and said, "Yeah, I know. What do you want?"

"You're going to take me over to Junes after school and buy me a steak."

Masaru winced. "Those things are expensive, you know!"

"And so was the DVD! You should be glad I'm not making you buy me a new one." She turned to look at Kaito and Haruki and asked, "Do you two want to come, too? It's on Masaru."

"Hey, I'm only treating you, Kenta. I don't have enough money for all of you!" Everyone but Masaru laughed.

At lunch Haruki got a phone call from her mother. The inn was really busy and she needed her help again. So, Haruki ended up having to leave school for the day. Kenta had tried to come with her, but Haruki insisted she didn't want her to skip class on her behalf. So, after school it was just Masaru, Kaito, and Kenta going over to the department store in the center of town.
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:06 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Not even halfway there, Kenta regained her temper with Masaru. She stuck her finger in his face, making him squeak and draw back in terror.

"You!" she hissed. "You get to buy me dinner!"

"W-Why me? W-Why not K-Kaito?"

She smiled sweetly, a dangerous sign. "Because. He didn't break my favorite movie." She returned to her nonchalant, shades-over-the-eyes composure. "Consider yourself lucky I'm not kicking your ass right now."

Masaru gulped, nodding. Kaito frowned a little; he had never seen her act like this before - the shades, the makeup and pretty clothes that covered most her body except a little cleavage, the docile behavior. He knew just from talking with Haruki and other people that Kenta never gave second chances; she always kicked somebody's ass, regardless of what they did. Her making Masaru buy her dinner was a different route...

He also remembered Haruki's sympathetic, even worried, expressions whenever she looked at or spoke to Kenta. Something had happened. He just knew it.

103 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:01 pm
Dynamo says...

A couple of minutes later they arrived at the food court in Junes. Kenta and Kaito found a table while Masaru went to buy Kenta's food. The two of them talked about school until Masaru came back with the steak dish. He placed it in front of Kenta before sitting down with his arms crossed. "That food cost me 1500 yen, I hope your happy."

'Ecstatic," she said before digging in.

A girl with long blonde hair sat down at an empty table a few tables away from them. She wore an apron that all the other Junes employees wore. Masaru perked up when he saw her. "Hey guys, I'll be right back," he said before getting up and walking over to her.

"Who's that?" Kaito asked, motioning toward the girl Masaru was now talking with.

"That's Yuki. Her parents own a liquor store in the shopping district. Their store hasn't been doing well ever since Junes came into the picture, though. I think Masaru has a crush on her."
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:03 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

***I posted pictures of Sunny on my Facebook, under my Pets! album. We'll be getting him tomorrow afternoon, so I probably won't be able to post until later tomorrow: I'll be working on the field and getting everything set up for him.***

For the first time the whole afternoon, Kenta giggled a little, but she winced and touched her lips. Kaito stared at her; he had had enough of it. He knew she was hiding something, something serious.

"Kenta, what happened?" he asked, voice serious.

The color faded from her face. She avoided his gaze, swallowing. "Nothing. I fell - "

He shook his head and bent closer. "Well, that a damn nasty fall. A black eye, a busted lip, bruises on your shoulder, neck, and obviously your back and sides, based on your posture." She caught his eyes, and couldn't look away. He had her. "Someone beat you."

She bit her lip, brow furrowing. She huffed, standing up. "Maybe someone did. But it's done; there's nothing you can do about it." She began to walk away.

103 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:11 pm
Dynamo says...

(I took a look at them. That's a nice looking horse. Good luck with the field.

By the way, you think you could come up with an excuse for the characters to go over to the electronics section in your next post?)

"Where are you going?" Kaito asked.

"I need to go to the washroom. I'll be back in a few minutes," she said as she left the food court.

Kaito felt bad as he watched her walk away. But whatever was going on was her problem, and if she didn't want to share then he shouldn't press her any further. After all, they had only met just a few days ago. He looked over at Masaru and saw that he was still taking with Yuki. Masaru seemed pretty cheerful as he talked, and so did the girl. There was something a little different about Yuki's smile, though. Masaru didn't seem to notice it, but her smile seemed to faulter around the edges like she was forcing herself to smile.

The two of them talked until it was time for Yuki to go back to her shift. When she was gone Masaru came back over to their table. He had a sort of lightness in his step after talking with the girl. "Where'd Kenta go?" he asked when he noticed she was gone.

"She went to the washroom," Kaito answered.
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:46 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

The boys waited a few minutes, Masaru still a little excited after talking with Yuki. What was it about that girl? Kaito knew there was something wrong, but he couldn't place it... Ah, maybe he was just being paranoid. Kenta finally came back, but her temperament seemed no better. She glared at Kaito before stepping off, heading toward the electronics.

"So, where are we going now?" Masaru asked tentatively.

"Electronics. I'm bored with the games I have, so why not look for some new ones," she mused, a little snappy.

"Damn," the boy muttered to Kaito. "What's with her?"

Kaito shrugged, pretending not to know.

*CLUCKING INTENSIFIES*
— Snoink