z

Young Writers Society

Venators

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:07 pm
Knurla says...

Lana decided to go back inside. As soon as she was through the door, Cody instinctively jumped her, knife to her throat. Lana ducked with just a moment to spare, and grabbed his wrist.

"Cody!" She snapped at him, and he seemed to come back to his senses.

Cody blinked, "Sorry, I was sleeping." He let his arm fall and Lana stood up, dusting herself off.

"I'd rather you be on full alert and accidentally attack me than miss an attack."
Formerly known as AmberAngst

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:08 am
TNCowgirl says...

Cody nodded and poked his head in Missy's room. "She's out cold. Probably a good thing." He rolled his neck and froze. "My turn."

"Not fair! I want the vampire." She growled with a smile. He laughed.

"Guard Missy, please." He smiled and shot out the door towards the smell. He perched himself on a tree and looked down. Just as the vampire started walking by he jumped in front of him.

"You've five seconds to turn and run." He said with a smile. The Vampire hissed and crouched a little.

"You don't scare me." The vampire growled. "What are you anyway?"

"If you don't know, why are you here?" Cody demanded.

"Cause, this lady smells way to good." The vampire hissed. Cody laughed, stupid stupid creature.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:57 pm
Knurla says...

How come he gets the vampire? I'm the hunter here, he's the protector! Lana kicked the wall in frustration. The Venators were similar to the vampires, but that didn't mean they showed them any mercy. Why was she stuck in here babysitting while Cody got to fight? Well, there will probably be more, so I'll take the next one.

Against her luck, Missy walked out of her room, obviously anxious. "Where is Cody? What are you doing in here by yourself?"

"Look, he's busy outside, at the moment. So, go back to your room and rest." Lana didn't like being here, and the girl wasn't helping.

"I told him I didn't want you in here without him." She moved towards the front door, but Lana had to stop her.

"I don't wanna be here either, but- " Lana was cut off by a sudden smell. What was it? A fairy. Not the cute and cuddly ones you see in children's cartoons, but the real fairies. They're mean and nasty, and get quite angry if the don't get what they want.

"Missy, it's time for you to go back into your room." Lana drew her knife, and Missy finally retreated to her room. Lana could hear the locks turn in their place. Not like it would do Missy any good at this point. As for now, Lana was going to have to chase after this fairy, and keep it away from Missy. They were fast little creatures, with tons of tricks up their sleeves.

110 Reviews

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:32 am
TNCowgirl says...

**Sorry, I couldn't make a good post right now if I tried. **
Want a Readers crit???

110 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:05 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Cody laughed and shook his head. Stupid vampire. He ran at the thing slamming it back against a tree. The vampire hissed and twisted slamming his stone fists into Cody's body. Every hit made Cody madder and madder.

"I was going to spare your pathetic life." Cody growled as he picked the creature up and threw it up in the air. When it came down he slammed it hard on the ground. "But I really don't feel like it anymore." He hissed.
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:34 pm
Knurla says...

Lana melded into the shadows of the room. She could hear that Cody's fight was most likely over, but she had to focus on the creature in the room. Fairies loved to trick people into their deaths, but Lana was pretty sure that this one would out right kill Missy. Lana wasn't going to let her do that.

She waited, watching, and finally saw a little glimpse of shimmer from the fairy's body. They weren't two inches tall like the stories told. This one was probably 4 feet tall, and very fast. Lana threw her knife, and just got the end of the fairy's shirt, pinning it to the wall. Lana quickly ran over to the struggling beast and pierced it's heart. The thing sputtered and turned to ash.

110 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:59 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt grabbed a dagger from his back pocket and then peirced the creature in the heart before standing up and watching it turn to ash. He walked back to the house and smelled the fairy, but it was dead. He looked at Lana.

"Good job." He replied.

"What, didn't think I could handle it?" She asked. "It's a little fairy."

"Long as you don't have to use your powers to be rid of them we're ok." He replied as he leaned against the wall.

"You still believe that it's a bad thing we have our powers?" She asked looking at him. "We have them for a reason. So that we can over power another creature. You know just as well as I do that if we use them for our own gain we will be hunted by our own kind and killed."

"I know, but I don't think it is fair for us to use them unless we have to." He shook his head. "It's just my theroy on the matter."
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:48 am
Knurla says...

Lana huffed under her breath, "So you think it's fair that Missy here gets attacked by all these creatures, for doing what she was born to do? Not likely." Lana wiped her blade clean across the leg of her pants and leaned against the wall.

She could almost hear Cody rolling his eyes, "Whatever, as long as the job gets done."

Missy had poked her head out of the door by this point, "Cody? What happened out there? Why did you leave me in here?" The unspoken 'with her' laid heavy in the air. Lana didn't care though, she'd just let the wench bite the bullet if it wasn't for the sake of the race. Yeah, and Lana seemed to be thinking that every five minutes these days.

110 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:58 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Cody walked over and smiled reassuringly at Missy. "There were some hunters tresspassing outside and I figured I'd ask them to leave." He said as he gave her a hug. "Now, how about you go and lay down, ok? It's late and you need your rest." He led her to the bed and she laid down. He waited until she was fast asleep to walk back out the door and close the door.

"Is there something between the two of you?" Lana asked.

"No." He replied.
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:30 am
Knurla says...

(Sorry it's taken me so long to post. Writers block plus stress...It's frustrating.)

Lana rolled her eyes, then shrugged. "It's not really my business anyways."

She took a seat on the floor, against the wall, and took off her boots. She hated wearing shoes, but they kept her feet well protected. Cody had taken Missy back to bed, but was with Lana now.

So how long do we have to stay here? I mean, when is she going to have the baby?" Lana pushed her hair back away from her face. She was tired, but it wasn't like her body actually needed the rest.

"Just until she has the baby."

110 Reviews

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:40 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(((No worries, I"m been sick, still am)))

"When is that?" Lana asked again.

"Don't really know. But they may be rushed if she keeps letting herself get upset. Once they are though we have to relocate them immediatly to a safe house for further relocation." He replied.

"I know the drill." She replied curtly.

"Sorry."
Want a Readers crit???

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— Someone Incredibly Noncommittal