z

Young Writers Society

Seireitei (Amber and Emi)

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:35 pm
Knurla says...

Asuka was a pain some times, but she wasn't all that bad. With a sigh, Miharu flash stepped behind her, following her to the center of the seireitei. The spiritual pressure was getting immensely strong, and she could definitely feel Captain Zuraki. The other one was increasing as well, and it was incredible.

"Stop!" Miharu stopped suddenly, and Asuka followed her actions, "If we keep going, we could be destroyed. Don't you feel how heavy that pressure is?"

Asuka nodded, "I've heard that Captain Zuraki's pressure is so strong, that it can immobilize even some captains."

From this vantage point, they could see the flashes of spiritual energy coming from both the Ryouka and the captain's attacks.
Formerly known as AmberAngst

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:05 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

The fight was amazing. The pressure of both the Ryouka and Captain Zaraki was uncomfortable, even at this distance. Asuka wished she could see better, but Miharu was right, any closer and they could be crushed. That Ryouka had to be something to withstand that much pressure.

Finally, there is a sudden burst of light and the pressure flares, only to go silent.

"Who won?" Asuka asked, taking a step forward.

"I can still feel Captain Zaraki, but it's faint." Miharu said.

Asuka reached out just in time to feel Zaraki's pressure disappear. "They're both gone!" Asuka gasped. "How can that be?"

"I don't know." Miharu said.

"Let's go check it out." Asuka said and flashstepped forward. When they reached the scene of the fight, which was little more than a giant crater, Captain Zaraki's body was gone as well as the Ryouka's. Miharu and Asuka could feel Zaraki's lieutenant, Yachiru, heading away towards the Squad Eleven area, but as for what happened to the Ryouka, they couldn't figure out. Whoever had come to get the Ryouka was hiding their presence well.

"This day is getting more unbelievable as time goes on." Miharu murmured, staring at the crater.

Asuka nodded in agreement, then looked up at the central Seireitei. She thought of Renji after his fight with the Ryouka. They'd been evenly matched, so how had this Ryouka come so far as to match Captain Zaraki in so little time? Asuka frowned, it was a dumb question to ask. How had she become so powerful in her few years of training? This Ryouka had been born with this power, and he was just learning how to unleash it.

The image of Renji flashed into Asuka's mind and she glanced again at the centermost part of the Seireitei. "Hey, Miharu? Do you mind going with me to check on Renji?"
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

84 Reviews

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:51 pm
Knurla says...

"I suppose." She turned and followed Asuka to where Renji was being kept. "I don't see why you worry about him so much. He can be such a pain."

"Well," Asuka said, "yes, he can, but he's still a good friend of mine."

Miharu nodded, "I am not one to judge. So, do you think Renji defeated that Ryouka? Just because he's taken alot of injuries doesn't necessarily mean he lost."

"I don't know, Miharu. That Ryouka is gone, and I didn't get a good look at him. We'll just have to wait until Renji comes around." Asuka seemed a little worried.

They rounded a corner and knocked on the door to the room Renji was resting in. A member of Squad 4 opened it, and stepped aside as soon as he saw them.

"Lieutenants." He lead them over to where Renji was lying, his hair spread out around him. It was maybe only the second time she had ever seen his hair down like this. "He is recovering well, but he needs plenty of rest." The tiny Squad 4 member suggested this to them, trying not to be disrespectful in any way.

"Don't worry, we won't wake him." Miharu took a seat on the floor next to Renji's bed while Asuka looked him over.

28 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:27 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

The Squad 4 member left, and Asuka turned back to Renji. She was a little perturbed that Renji was in a holding cell instead of in the Squad 4 medical center, but the Squad 4 member who had greeted them had explained that Renji had been sent here by orders of his own Captain, Byakuya Kuchiki.

She looked down at Renji. He was still in pain, and wasn't resting. He was tense and his breathing was shallow. Asuka knew she shouldn't worry, Renji would pull through this, and Squad 4 was tending to him, but she still felt that tightening in her chest as she looked at him. With one hand she wiped a sweat-soaked lock of red from his forehead.

"From what we saw, it was an even match." Auka said, responding to what Miharu had said earlier. "Renji may have passed out first, but the Ryouka fell barely a moment after. It was a very close fight, but Renji didn't exactly lose. He'd beaten up that Ryouka pretty well. I want to know how Captain Zaraki's feeling. He can't be taking his loss lightly."

"If you're worried about Captain Zaraki, why are we here?" Miharu asked.

"I'm not worried about Zaraki, just curious. I'm worried about Renji." Asuka sighed.

"He does look pretty bad." Miharu agreed.

Asuka nodded, looking at Renji's face. She hadn't gotten to look at that face for a long time. After she'd left the academy all those years ago, she'd rarely seen Renji, Rukia, or Momo, her closest friends, until they'd entered the 13 Court Guard Squads, and even then it was hard to see them, due to her position keeping her so busy. She'd let them all surpass her when they'd become Lieutenants, except Rukia who'd been on Asuka's squad, so it was they who didn't have time for her. She wondered if anything had changed in those years.

She sighed and looked out the small window in the back of the cell. At that moment, a light sense of spiritual pressure entered the room.

"Miharu, you feel that?" Asuka asked.

"Yeah. It feels like Captain Kuchiki's." Miharu answered.

"And the Ryouka. That guy is insane!" Asuka said. She looked down at Renji. "Despite my curiosity, I don't feel like investigating that specific battle." She turned back to Miharu. "We should probably head back to our Squads and our Captains."

Miharu got up from where she sat. "I suppose you're right." She moved to leave and looked back when Asuka didn't move. "Are you coming?"

"I want to stay here a little while. I'll see you later?"

Miharu looked from Asuka to Renji, and back. She nodded. "Yeah sure." Then she disappeared out the door.

Asuka looked at Renji. She remembered her short time in the Academy with him and a wave of nostalgia washed over her. She closed her eyes and smiled at the memories. Opening them, she looked at Renji one more time and turned and left. Captain Ukitake was waiting on her.

==========================================================================================

**This is that 3-day period where Ichigo's trying to release his bankai, so you can do just about whatever.**

84 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:24 pm
Knurla says...

Everything was quiet now. If she had heard correctly, two or three Ryouka had been captured and put in a holding cell, but not the one who had taken on Captain Zaraki. That one had just up and disappeared after the fight, or confrontation, with Byakuya. Miharu strongly doubted that it was an actual fight, because no one would have survived that, maybe not even another captain.

Still, her captain was absent from the picture. Where had he been since Aizen's death? Did she want to know? For now, she would just sit here in his quarters, until he came back. She had no idea what she would say to him, but she felt like she should be here.

28 Reviews

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:25 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Asuka spent her time organizing the Squad and listening to reports. The Seireitei was quiet.

For now.

No way the Ryouka just came in, fought a little, and left. Not when one of them had take out Captain Zaraki single-handedly. Plus, there hadn't been any reports that the Ryouka were dead. So where were they?

Night fell over the Seireitei quickly and many of the Shinigami, except the few that were put on guard duty, went into the barracks to sleep. Asuka remained outside, roaming the gardens that made up most of the Squad 13 sector. She couldn't get her mind to shut off and sleep, though it wasn't like she'd done any serious fighting that day. She was still trying to decipher the Ryouka's motives when she looked up and found herself at the gate that led out of the Squad 13 sector.

"You're still up, Lieutenant?" One of the guards asked, noticing her.

"Just doing some thinking." She said and continued out the gate. It didn't take long before she felt the spiritual pressure of the Squad 12 Captain, Captain Kurotsuchi, somewhere across the Seireitei.

"So the Ryouka haven't completely gone quiet." Asuka said to the empty air.

**This is the scene where Uriu and creepy skeleton-face captain fight. You can go after it, or ignore it, I'm just trying to keep to the timeline.**

84 Reviews

Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:19 am
Knurla says...

Miharu concentrated on the spiritual energy around her. She could feel Squad 12's captain battling the Ryouka, but she was looking for Asuka. Miharu's captain was still no where to be found, so she figured she could use some company. She had already finished up her business with the her own squad. Miharu located Asuka's spiritual energy; she was out in the gardens.

Miharu flash stepped to Asuka, "Hey. Out for a stroll?"

"Yes. Finished up with the squad and wanted some time to myself."

"Oh, would you like me to leave?" Miharu stopped and half turned away.

"No, it's fine. I think some company would do me some good."

"So what do you think these Ryouka are doing? There's one out there now, but it seems maybe the stronger one is gone." Miharu looked up at the sky, "I heard that the old captains of the Stealth Force had been spotted. She's been missing for a long time."

28 Reviews

Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:35 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

"She's been gone for about a hundred years, from what I've heard. Soi Fon used to be her lieutenant. They say that one day she just disappeared." Asuka said as she and Miharu made their way through the Seireitei.

"It's strange. Why did she leave?" Miharu wondered.

"No idea." Asuka looked up at the moon that shone bright over the Soul Society. "We really should be pondering this Ryouka problem, not to mention the whole thing of Captain Aizan's murder. What do you suppose is really going on around this place?"

"It's all really confusing." Miharu said, looking thoughtful. There was a sudden rise in spiritual pressure from where Captain Kurotsuchi was fighting a Ryouka. "Seems like that Squad 12 Captain is in a little deep. He must have went to Bankai for us to feel that much pressure." Miharu noted, a smirk appearing on her face. Both women weren't keen of the Head of the Research and Development department, and they didn't try to hide it from each other.

"That Ryouka's got some strength, though. Not to mention guts. You have to be brave to take on a Captain solo. All of the intruders are gutsy, actually."

"It's either guts or suicide." Miharu added.

"That, too." Asuka chuckled just as a blast of spiritual energy lit the sky over where the fight was taking place. Then it was gone, like a snuffed candle. Nothing but small wisps of residual pressure to note it. "Guess it's over." Asuka said, looking in the direction of the energy flash. "Wonder who won."

"Your curiosity is endless." Miharu sighed.

"But it's not like I race off to inspect things every time I get curious." Asuka defended herself. "I'd have been dead long ago if that were the case."

Miharu merely shook her head, a smile on her lips.

==========================================================================================
**If you want, you can open it at the execution day, and we can skip the one-and-a-half day of Ichigo's bankai training.**

84 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:20 am
Knurla says...

(ok. It's been a while since I've watched Bleach, so I'm a little rusty on the story line.)

The spiritual pressures had ceased over the passed couple of days, but had not completely disappeared. The Ryouka had been captured, but the strongest of them was gone. Where had this mystery person gone? Some say that Yoruichi Siobhan and ran off with him after his attempt to take on Captain Kuchki. Rumors.

"Hey, Asuka." Miharu had run into her, like always, outside of the barracks.

"Hey Miharu. How's your captain?"

Miharu gritted her teeth, "The same. I cannot figure out what he's up to. Ever since Aizen's death, I think I've seen him all of one time."

"Do you think he's involved some how, and not telling you?"

"Yes, actually. Not sure how, but I think he's avoiding me." Miharu sighed. It was painful being ignored by your captain.

"Well, I thought- " Asuka's words were cut short by a sudden intense rise in spiritual pressure.

"What the?" Miharu looked at Asuka, "Is that the Ryouka? And Captain Kuchki?" The two spiritual pressures were up at the execution grounds, and were very heavy.

"Maybe, but it seems like there's other pressures there as well. We have to do something."

Miharu spotted two soul reapers from her squad, "Hey, you there! Gather the Squad and head to the base of the execution grounds. No Ryouka are to get in or out, is that clear?" The two nodded, and quickly headed off to follow orders.

(Is that good?)

28 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:05 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

**Yeah, that's good.**

It had been a very peaceful few days, even Captain Ukitake's sickness had gotten better, though he'd been locked in his office all morning. And Asuka had no idea what he was doing, which peeved her a little. But now she stood outside the barracks, wondering why the Squad wasn't going to Rukia's execution that was happening at that moment.

"Hey, Asuka." Miharu said coming up to her.

"Hey Miharu. How's your captain?"

"The same. I cannot figure out what he's up to. Ever since Aizen's death, I think I've seen him all of one time." Miharu all but mumbled.

"Do you think he's involved some how, and not telling you?"

Miharu nodded lightly. "Yes, actually. Not sure how, but I think he's avoiding me." Miharu sighed. It was painful being ignored by your captain.

"Well, I thought- " Asuka's words were cut short by a sudden intense rise in spiritual pressure.

"What the?" Miharu looked at Asuka, "Is that the Ryouka? And Captain Kuchki?" The pair's spiritual pressures were coming from the execution grounds, and they were incredibly strong.

"Maybe, but it seems like there's other pressures there as well. We have to do something." Asuka said. Miharu pegged two soul reapers with her eyes, pointed and shouted for them to set up a gurad at the bottom of the execution grounds.

"I should go find my Captain and report this." Asuka said, but in the other spiritual pressures mingling on the execution grounds, she found her captain's among them.

"We have to get up there, and this isn't for curiosity's sake." Asuka said, Miharu nodded and the pair flashstepped toward the execution grounds.

84 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:55 am
Knurla says...

They arrived at the bottom of the execution grounds. The squad had already arrived there and was following orders quite well. Miharu stopped in front of them, gritting her teeth together. Asuka stopped there beside her, and gave her a questioning look.

"Asuka. Captain Gin, he's up there!" Miharu took off at a dead run.

"Miharu! Slow down! We could just flash step if you're in that big of a hurry."

"No. I need to run! Asuka, what's going on? Why would he be here without telling me?!" Miharu gripped her zanpakto as she ran, anger empowering her every move.

(Sorry it's so short my dear. I've had a very stressful day.)

28 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:38 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Asuka closed her mouth and frowned. Miharu was on edge, without a doubt. Not that Asuka wasn't worried. Her Captain hadn't told her he was there, either, though it was a member of his own squad being executed. Still, she was his lieutenant, and she should have been there, too.

Her hand went to her zanpakto as they continued to run. They came to the top and dashed through the scraggly trees, the spiritual pressures getting stronger as they approached.

They came out on the other side in time to see Captain Ukitake and the Captain of Squad 8, Captain Kyouraku, take off, pursued closely by High Captain Yamamoto.

"What the hell is going on?" Asuka said. The pair caught sight of Captain Kuchiki and the Ryouka fighting a little ways across the execution grounds.

"I'm not sure but I'm certain we need to stay out of that fight." Miharu said, but her eyes were scanning the grounds. "I can't find Captain Ichimaru."

Asuka scanned the grounds, but she too couldn't find him. "But his spiritual pressure was here."

"Dammit." Miharu growled. "Where is he?"

Just then, however, Captain Kuchiki released his Bankai. "That Ryouka's as good as dead," Asuka said. Miharu nodded. The spiritual pressure being released by this battle was barely tolerable. Any closer, and the two women wouldn't stand a chance.

"This is intense." Asuka murmured as she watched impatiently for Captain Kuchiki to finish the battle, but when the bankai disappeared, Asuka gasped. The Captain was wounded! What kind of a Ryouka were they dealing with here?

"Captain!" Miharu cried as three Captains appeared on the Grounds.

Asuka gasped audibly when she saw Captain Aizan. "Impossible!"

**This is kind of hurried, but I skipped alot of details. I figure we don't have to be completely perfect with the actions.**

84 Reviews

Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:02 am
Knurla says...

Captain Aizen was alive this whole time? What?! And Gin knew the whole time?! Miharu gasped as the realization struck her hard. This is why he had been missing lately. Miharu nodded her head in shame, eyes to the ground.

"Captain... How could you?" Miharu's eyes watered, so she kept them to the ground.

"Oh Miharu. Things aren't quite what they seem, are they?" He put his hand on top of her hair, that smile on his face.

She nearly stepped out of his reach, but just turned her head away, "I have nothing to say, Captain."

(sorry it's so short.)

28 Reviews

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:58 am
EmiSukotto16 says...

Asuka watched as Captain Ichimaru came over and placed his hand on Miharu's head, then turned to Aizan. "What's going on here?"

"You two don't need to be here." Aizan said, calmly.

Ichimaru removed his hand from Miharu. "This is true. You two had best run along."

Asuka frowned. "We're not children, and there is something going on here. I want answers."

"Big talk for a Lieutenant." Aizan remarked. "This does not involve you so I suggest you leave, now."

Something in Asuka was telling her to stay put. "No."

"If you must know," Aizan smirked. He unraveled the intricate scheme and with each word Asuka and Miharu grew more shocked.

"But why?" Miharu demanded, looking at her Captain who had made his way back to Aizan's side.

"Doesn't matter. You two won't live long enough to care." Aizan said.

The women's hands went to their zanpakutos immediately and Asuka let her hold on her spiritual pressure slip and it spiked. Miharu looked at Asuka.

"As impressive as that is, Lieutenant," Aizan said, "it will do nothing to help you."

The pressure in the air increased dramatically. Aizan was trying to make a point. Asuka frowned and let go of her spiritual pressure completely and it spiked again.

"You've been holding out on us, Fujimoto." Ichimaru noted, that irritating smile still on his face. "I actually believed your prodigal powers had reached their limits those years ago. Apparently I was wrong to do so."

Asuka gritted her teeth at 'prodigal', but relaxed. "Apparently, so." She looked at the leather bracelet on her right arm. She still had her ace up her sleeve, but she wouldn't use it until she absolutely had to. She wasn't going to let the past repeat.

Lonely, it was amazing to feel it when so many people were around. But they weren't there for Asuka, they were there to see the spectacle that she was. The prodigal child of the Sixth Great House.

It had been fine that she was the daughter of the Sixth House's leader, and nothing more. She'd had true friends, and people like her for who she was. When her true abilities came through, it was almost like they'd all turned their back on her. People who'd never spoken to her began to follow her around, and those who'd been her closest friends, were pushed away. She was alone in a sea of people.

That was what had made her hide her abilities and sneak off to train. That intense loneliness that had forced her into tears every night.

She hadn't let her abilities decay with disuse, for she knew she'd need them at some point (just like she needed them, now), but she didn't let anyone know how strong she'd become, and things had slowly returned to the way they'd been before. Her friends had begun to speak to her again. Then Captain Shunsui had caught her training and mentioned it to Captain Ukitake. No one had gotten wind of the training session, but her promotion had gotten some attention. Luckily, the buzz didn't grow. A few congratulations, but nothing else.

Now, Asuka faced exposure, but her problems weren't worth letting this villain escape. She drew her zanpakuto and readied herself for the fight she knew would come.

=============================================================================================================

***Now, you can give Miharu some awesome abilities that will give her a chance against a Captain. That is if you want to. It would just make me look bad if Asuka was this powerful character and Miharu wasn't. You can also throw in some background info here.***

84 Reviews

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:01 am
Knurla says...

Miharu took a deep breath, eyes still to the ground. Her own captain had been a traitor to the soul society, and was now threatening even her own life. Miharu could feel Asuka's spritual energy being released. This is what she had trained for, in secrecy, even if Asuka herself hadn't known why she was doing it. Miharu knew that Asuka had a powerful reputation, and had been observing her secret training over the past couple of months. The captains were very powerful, but so were they.

"Asuka..." Miharu placed her hand on Asuka's shoulder without looking up, "I'm behind you every step of the way, even if it means giving up our own lives." Miharu could feel Asuka's power lash out in response.

Miharu used her other hand to grasp her zanpakto, "Asuka, lets do this."

(I'm not too sure about what I want to add about her past, so I'm going to leave it at that for now.)

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
— Leonardo da Vinci