z

Young Writers Society

Givin' Up On Love

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:33 am
TNCowgirl says...

Sola laid down on her head looking at the deplomia in front of her. She took a deep breath, she was done with highschool and didn't know what she wanted to do or where she wanted to go. She rolled over and sighed as she saw her year book from the year before. She took a shaky breath and stood up tossing it in a box. She didn't want any reminders from the year before.

"Sola, come up here!" Her mom called. She walked up the stairs and forced a smile.

"Yeah?" She asked sitting on the couch across from her parents.

"We have a graduation present for you." Her mom smiled. She leaned forward a little interested.

"We found this ranch, on Hawii, we've aranged for you to live there all summer as a guest. You can do whatever you want, we'll be setting up a bank account for you that will have plenty of money in it. IF you want to end up staying and having a job on the island after we'll be able to arranged that with them." Her dad smiled.

"A horse ranch?" Sola asked smiling.

"Yup, you'll have a horse to take care of all summer long, or you can bring your own."

"I'm taking Atreyu." She smiled.

"I figured as much, you leave out tomorrow, so you better get to packing, there are four trunks in the dinning room for to use. You'll also be taking the one with your horse equipment in it." Her dad smiled. She smiled and nodded jumping up and running to the dinning room grabbing the trunks and taking them to her room. She'd finally be away from this dreaded town and the memories that haunted her here.

*~*~*~*

She finished packing by midnight so when her parents drove her to the airport the next day she'd slept the whole way. She hated flying, so when they loaded Atreyu up on the plane she got in her seat and put her head phones on and fell asleep.

"Sweetie, we're here." The lady next to her said. She woke up slowly and followed all the other passengers off the plane and to the luggage pick up.

She breathed in the ocean air and smiled. None of her problems would find her here. SHe had a new start for at least the summer. She smiled and grabbed her bags walking towards the entrance.

"Sola Andrews?" A deep voice called from her right. She turned and looked towards the voice and saw a guy standing there, he was hott but that didn't mean a thing to Sola, she'd given up on boyfriends a long time ago, at least for a little while.

"That's me." She said walking over.

"Welcome to Honolulu, we need to hurry if we're going to catch our boat to Kauai." He smiled.

"Ok, thanks." She smiled.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:57 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Malachi(Mal - a - ky ^_^)

Malachi smiled at the girl. She was very pretty, but in a very natural way. She had a natural beauty to which she didn't have to wear make-up. He hoped they would become good friends. He didn't want anything more. His love life ran away with his ex-fiance. Or would be fiance.

"My name is Malachi," he told her, remembering that while he knew her name, she didn't know his. "I'll be working with you on the ranch."

"Have you worked their long?" She asked.

He thought for a second and replied, "Well since I was fifteen, so about four years, but they mainly chose me to work with you because my english better than the others. And I don't have much of an accent either. Mostly because used to travel alot when I was younger but once I turned fifteen and my parents wanted to leave I got a job here and refused to leave."

Sola raised her eyebrows, shocked. "And your parents just left you? Isn't that a little barbaric?" She blushed slightly, a rich crimson color blooming across her cheeks. "Not that I'm saying anything bad about yo-"

"It's alright Sola," Malachi laughed. "I still keep in touch with them. I just refused to leave Hawaii. It is the most beautiful place I've ever lived, and I've been to many places. Hopefully you'll see why I love it here so much."

Sola looked around, almost awestruck. "It is pretty amazing," she admitted.

Malachi gave a half smile. "You're only seeing the city so far though. That's really what the tourists see anyway. What I want to show you is the natural beauty. Once you get settled in I'll show you some of my favorite spots."

Sola nodded eagerly. She looked like she was ready to see it all. The sun looked like it was about to set soon. It was starting to get late.

"I'm told you brought a horse?" He asked. "We should really start to get going now. We're a bit behind schedule."

"Oh Atreyu!" Sola gasped, as if she forgot. She darted off but it only took a moment for her to return with a handsome, lean horse.

"Beautiful," Malachi whispered, looking her over. "Very well kept too, I might add."

She beamed at him and then turned to the horse where she entire body seemed to soften. She truly loved the animal. Well they had something in common.

"Let's go then," Malachi replied, softly, leading the way.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:36 am
TNCowgirl says...

Atreyu

Sola led Atreyu as Malachi got her bags. The airline woudl bring her trunks to the ranch later. They got to the boat where they road across the ocean for a few hours. When they got on the other beach she saw a horse tied up on one of the rails.

"This is my boy." Malachi smiled walking to the horse. Atreyu neighed and pulled at the lead she had in her hands. He was taller then her by far, and would have pulled her over if he was really trying but his training kept him from it. She swung up on Atreyu's back and smiled.

"Do we ride the rest of the way then?" She asked.

"That is the plan." He nodded mounting his horse. She rode without her saddle, or a bridle. She followed him across the island and to a nice looking ranch facility. She followed him to the barn where a man walked up and smiled.

"Malachi, you are back just on time." The man smiled.

"Yes, this is Sola and her horse Atreyu." Malachi replied.

"Come, his stall this way." The man said.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:02 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Malaki went to the stables to put his own horse away. She was a beautiful horse, his favorite in fact. She had a glossy brown body while her mane and tail were a rich red blonde color.

Quite the opposite of Atreyu, who stood tall and lean with a glossy black coat. She, too, was beautiful, but he just had a soft spot for Maya.

"What's her name?" Sola asked, after she made sure her horse was in her stable, snug.

"Maya," he replied, smiling at his horse.

After making sure she was taken care of did he turn back to Sola. "I'm sorry," he apologized. "I'm being rude. Let me show you where you'll be staying."

He picked up her bags and led her to the old two story house where many people on the range stayed.

Maya: http://www.theequinest.com/images/sorrel-horse.jpg
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:17 am
TNCowgirl says...

Sola followed him inside the house and up some stairs. "You'll have the upstairs attack area to yourself. It's pretty big, you've your own bathroom too." He said as they got to the top floor. She wouldn't have guessed it was the attack other then how the roof was designed.

"This is perfect." She smiled. He set down the bags that were there.

"Your trunks will be here tomorrow." He said. "There is a schedule of the eating times on the desk, other wise you are free to roam. If you miss a meal you have to make yourself something."

"Sounds great, are you going to be busy in the morning?" She asked.

"No, I'm going to show you around for the next few days." He replied with a laugh. "There is a fire downstairs if you want to go sit by it. Or you can just unpack and get some sleep, up to you."

"I think I'll crash." She smiled.

"Alright." He turned and left.

*Just skip to the next morning.*
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:40 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Malachi ate slowly at breakfast. He was waiting for Sola. Finally he saw her trudging slowly down the stairs.

"Jet lag?" He asked, knowingly. Sola nodded stretching a little.

He grinned, his blue-gray eyes sparkling suspiciously. "Well, prepare yourself. I've got a day planned to the brim and you will certainly be drained afterward."

Sola groaned a little but Malachi detected excitment too. Good, he thought, today and tomorrow were going to be fun. He had made sure to plan the most exciting trips in her first tour.

"So what are we going to do?" Sola asked, getting food on her plate.

Malachi grinned. "It's a surprise. In fact, I've saved the best for last. It's my favorite hide away place and I think you'll enjoy it too, though many tourists don't see the beauty. I think you will though."

With a wink, he walked outside to get the horses ready.

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:48 am
TNCowgirl says...

Sola watched him go as she ate. If he was flirting with her he was waisting his time. She took a deep breath after finishing eating then followed him outside after yanking her boots on and pulled her normal cute little walmart straw cowgirl hat and ran outside after him. She grabbed Atreyu from his stall and worked on brushing him off. Her head barely came to the top of the horses back she she rarely saddled him unless she had to. She tossed up her bareback pad so that if she needed it she would have something to hold onto.

"You ready?" Malachi asked. She smiled and nodded climbing up on Atreyu's back. Climbing was exactly what she did too. She was glad he didn't seem all that awestruck at what she rode with. She followed him across the ranch looking at everything, it was amazing!!!
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:17 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Malachi led her first to the ocean by the ranch. Sola about slipped off her horse trying to look at the tide pools collecting by the horse's hoofs.

Malachi laughed. "Careful," he replied. She blushed a little but rolled her eyes at him.

Malachi sighed, looking out at the ocean. He used to come here when Silvia left him. She had run off with his friend. After they had planned to get married. She had taken his heart and though he flirted with many girls, he was never serious. It felt all wrong. Silvia was the only one for him and now she was gone.

The ocean had made him feel so much better. Mainly because it was so big it made his problems seem so small compared to everything else in the world.

"Malachi?" Sola questioned, eyebrows pulled together. He gave a false smile.

"Sorry. Deep in thought. It's time to go to my favorite place now," he told her.

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:30 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Sola nodded and followed him through some woods. The forest here was so pretty. She rubbed Atreyu's neck as they rode just looking around.

"So what brought you here?" Malachi asked as they rode.

"My parents felt I needed a place to escape for the summer so this is their graduation present to me." She replied with a shrug. "So far I really like it. It's really beautiful out here and everything."

"Won't you miss all your friends?" He asked. She laughed a bitter laugh.

"What friends, I meant that this is an escape. Alot of drama happened this past year and I found out who my real friends are. And there weren't many of them." She replied bitterly. There was only one and a stupid drunk driver had to kill her right before graduation. The thought almost made her cry, but she had fought to hard to keep the emotions inside that she didn't allow it. She looked around her and forced herself to think happy thoughts as she put her mask back together making it so that people would think she was perfectly AOK.

"I'm sorry." Malachi was saying.

"Not your fault. People are people and they can't be trusted." She laughed.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:15 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

People can't be trusted. Malachi knew this much. Oh how he thought he could trust Silvia. Apparently he left his trust with the wrong person.

"I thought so too," Malachi sighed. "And mostly I agree. The only living creature I trust is Maya here. Animals aren't like us. I mean they have their own personalities but...horses are loyal to you. They don't betray you when you need them."

Malachi's jaw clenched tightly. He had thought about Silvia too much today. His whole stomach felt queasy now.

"Look, there it is," he smiled, pointing ahead of him.

Malachi led her inside the ocean cave. "Don't worry, the water never reaches this far. Even the walls look dried out. We won't drown in there."

Sola seemed to give a sigh of relief as he extended his hand to help her inside.

The cave was large and spacious. There was a charred spot near the middle where Malachi would make a small fire. And above one of the old blankets he accidently left was an opening in the ceiling where the moon and stars lit up the entire cave making it seem more beautiful.

"This is my special hide-a-way," he smiled.

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:45 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"This is awesome!" She said as she dismounted and ground hitched Atreyu. She slowly walked around the cave looking at it all then laid on the floor looking up at the bright blue sky.

"Isn't it?" He laughed walking over and laying on another blanket.

"How is it so peaceful here?" She asked. Then laughed covering up what she said. How was she so stinking open with this guy. She didn't trust anyone and she wasn't starting now.

"Who knows, it just is." He replied with a shrug. "I think because people haven't really gotten to ruin it yet."
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:24 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Sola loved it. He had thought that she would. She didn't seem like the snooty, city girl. Which was a good thing after all.

He placed his arms behind his head and they just sat in the quiet for a long time. Unlike most girls, who always seemed to chat away at him, even if he didn't care.

"So Sola," he said quietly. "Tell me a little about yourself. I mean we will be working together so I figure we may as well get to know more about each other."

"Like what?" She asked stiffly.

Malachi rolled his eyes and smiled. "Just little things. Like your favortie color," he laughed. "I'm not asking for your life story, just a little information."

110 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:39 am
TNCowgirl says...

Sola chewed her lip and closed her eyes. "My favorite color is blue, Oreo cookies are a gift to man kind, and guys are a waste of time to date these days." She replied.

"So you into girls?" He asked his voice hinting at a tad distaste.

"No, just not interested in dating. It is a waste of time and it is pain waiting to happen." She shrugged. "I love horses and the outdoors. Anything else?" She asked smiling.

"Not really." He laughed.

"How about you?"
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:46 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

"Well," he started. "My favorite color is green, I hate vanity and pettiness, pizza with pineapple is actually really good and I don't date either. I mean, I-I've dated. It's just too much to deal with."

Sola nodded. "I know what you mean."

Malachi ran a hand through his curly black hair. "And I, too, love horses and the outdoors. I am a total nature freak," he laughed.

Sola laughed a little. "I've noticed," she said.

"I'll take that as a compliment," he teased, rolling his eyes.

110 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:53 am
TNCowgirl says...

"It is meant as one." She replied as she sat up and looked at Atreyu. "Atreyu is my best friend. If anything happened to him I don't know what I would do. He's an amazing Freasian stallion that everyone says I'm insane to have. I don't think so, I've raised him since he was a colt."

"That's awesome. He is a big horse." Malachi said sitting up. "Why haven't you fixed him, as you call it."

"Because I want the option of breeding him if I want to. I lock him up every now and then in a stall if he gets antsy, but otherwise he is an angel. Out of the five years I"ve had him I"ve only had to lock him up twice." She shrugged.
Want a Readers crit???

If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
— Anatole France