z

Young Writers Society

Givin' Up On Love

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:52 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

"Get out of here," Mel ordered. "You're not welcome to this family any longer. You screwed that up when you screwed Malachi up."

"Mel, stop," he growled. He couldn't believe he was so stern with her. But he didn't want Silvia to know how much she had hurt him. "Stop it now."

"No, Malachi, I won't. So what happened, pretty girl?" Mel asked, eyes flashing. "Your new boy dump you."

"I just miss Malachi," she sighed. "Please, baby, hear me out."

Malachi swallowed. "No Silvia. I can't and I won't. I'm...we're through. Come on Mel."

"Malachi, honestly," she sighed, glaring at the girl. "She deserves so much-"

"No. She dosen't deserve another ounce of our time."

"Malachi!" Silvia exclaimed. "I love you. You told me it was forever!"

Malachi turned Maya around and Mel looked ready to strangle her there. "Sometimes people lie, Sil. You should know all about that."

And they took off back to the ranch.

**She'll be back all but too soon. haha**
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:11 am
TNCowgirl says...

***Hahahahaha, that works. :D ***

Sola was brushing down Atreyu when Mel and Malachi rode up. Malachi brushed Maya down staying silent while Mel walked back to the house. Sola took the hint to stay completely silent and not to ask what had happened and who the girl was.

**UGH, LONG day. :'( **
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:25 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Malachi tried to express how grateful he was that Sola didn't say a thing. He couldn't bear to just up and tell her everything...he could barely stand to remember it. Telling it would be so much harder.

Still she couldn't hide her curiousity to know what was going on. Malachi turned his back on her and walked inside. Well, it was his business and he had a right to keep it a secret from someone at least.

Sola didn't need to hear his "sad little story." It was bad enough Mel had to come out there and rescue him.

"Not hungry," he grumbled, walking upstairs and changing. He'd come down later but he didn't want to hear the girls gossiping downstairs. He hoped Sola wasn't like that. Cause then she'd find out, all too soon, just who Silvia was.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

110 Reviews

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:44 pm
TNCowgirl says...

***I posted :'( ***

Sola finished brushing Atreyu down. She watched him go. He seemed hurt, but it wasn't a physical hurt. The look in his eyes looked a tad like the look in her eyes when she was alone looking in the mirror and trying to figure out what she had done that made Kennie leave her like he did, or what had made Adam treat her as he had. She could handle the pain Adam had inflicted, but not the pain Kennie had. She shook her head, there was no way Malachi even knew that kind of pain.

She walked inside the house and sat down talking to the others as they all ate, but the mood was tense. Malachi wasn't there, but she knew everyone else knew what was going on and it upset them. Whatever it was.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:17 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

**What's up with the sad smiley? Everything alright?
P.S. I'm going to write from Mel's point of veiw. :)**

"Sola," Mel said, sitting at the table beside the girl.

She looked a little alarmed. "Yes? Everything alright?"

Mel frowned, her thin lips getting even thinner. "No. As you may have guessed, Malachi's not himself. And Malachi is like my brother."

She stopped and ran a hand through her short, brown hair. "And I can't help him. So I need you."

Sola eyed her. "What can I do for him? Malachi obviously trusts you so why can't-"

"Because he thinks that I baby him. Maybe I do a little, sometimes the boy needs it but...he needs a new friend. Someone who hasn't known him his whole life."

Sola frowned but listened. "So that means me. What do you want me to do then?"

"Go up there and talk to him. He's...well, he's Malachi. He won't trust you at first, but he'll be more willing to talk to you then any other. Trust me. I know him. And he needs to talk."

110 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:49 pm
TNCowgirl says...

**I had posted and it didn't post. :P I'm fineish. :P **

Sola swallowed and nodded finishing the last bit of food that was on her plate thinking. She knew that when she was upset about pretty much anything she wouldn't want someone she had just met to come and tell her what to do or how to fix things. Even just to talk about it. But she didn't know Malachi and he may be different. She fixed him a plate of food and walked up the stairs the farms Blue Heeler running at her side as she took the stairs one at a time thinking.

What do you say to someone that is upset that you just met and you dont' even know why they are upset just that a girl had induced the mood? She asked herself. She knocked on the door that led to Malachi's room.

"Go away, please." Malachi growled. She took a deep breath and opened the door walking in. "Sola, please leave!" He was laying on the bed staring up at the ceiling.

"Sorry, no can do. First off you need to eat and Secondly I know good and well that no girl is worth pouting over. They are to petty to let one ruin your day." Sola said setting the food on the table next to his bed. She grabbed a chair and plopped down.

"You don't understand." He replied. She had to laugh at that. When it came to pain induced by the opposite gender she knew far better the most people did. He didn't seem to like her laughing and looked at her with a frown.

"You don't know what I do and don't understand, Malachi. I don't know whats going on. But I know damn well that you're acting like a petty child running to your room and crying. Obviously that girl was part of your past, a part of your past you don't like to remember. But our past makes us one way or the other. We can't change it so we can't pout over it. You just gotta stand up, stiffen your back and take the blows, smile and walk away. Move on with life because the past is just that. The past, it tends to stay there unless we dig it up. If it does come back then we are the ones that can allow it to haunt and hurt us or to just laugh and say wasn't I so stupid back then." She knew she had been trying to convince herself of all of that ever sense her life had been picked up and set on it's head. It was easier said then done but maybe it would help him.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:23 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Oh! lol**

Malachi looked at her. "You don't sound so sure yourself," he shrugged. "I bet you know it's actually harder to do then it is to say."

Sola raised her chin, but didn't respond. Malach smiled bitterly.

"Well as much as I'd love to stay up here and talk with a stranger about how to live my life and everything that's wrong with me, I think I'm better off going downstairs and getting some 'sympathy' from Mel," he said, standing.

He walked downstairs calmly, unaware or uncaring if Sola was following. He needed to get away from her. She was right and he knew it. But he couldn't accept it. He couldn't heal. But was it because he couldn't or wouldn't? He didn't know.

110 Reviews

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:41 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Sola clenched her jaw and walked to her room closing the door then walking to her window and looking out at the barn. She needed to go for a ride. She slipped out and to the barn brushing Atreyu down.

"I need to think, boy." She said softly stroking his neck. "Just a short ride." She hoped on without any tack and started for the hills to think. Riding always helped her, made her feel better and think things through completely.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:02 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Malachi felt bad for being so rude to Sola. He would applogize tomorrow. He knew she was right but he just couldn't admit it.

"Mel you sent her up there didn't you," he sighed. Mel looked at him and pursed her lips.

"Maybe. But I didn't order her to. Maybe you just need to really look at what's in front of your eyes sometimes Malachi."

He rolled his eyes. Mel could be strange sometimes.

Silvia was still at the ranch. She needed to see Malachi again. To explain things. She wasn't sure why she had picked him to return to.

The guy she had cheated on Malachi with left her. She was broke now and needed cash and sympathy. Her mother wouldn't be an option but based off that puppy dog look Malachi had, he still loved her.

Malachi would get her back on her feet and she would be financially fit. He would keep her happy mostly and she'd just have to be careful if she got...bored again.

But she would also make Malachi happy. He wanted her still. She knew that.

The girl she had seen with Malachi earlier walked out. She was pretty but Mal didn't seem interested in her. Silvia cleared her throat and walked out.

"Please! Just hear me out. I need your help," Silvia whispered.

The girl looked like she could be an ally. She needed that here. She just had to make the girl feel sympathy for her.

110 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:12 am
TNCowgirl says...

Sola looked at the girl as she sat on Atreyu's back. "Why should I help you?" Sola asked.

"What do you know?" The girl replied. "I can fill in the black spots, but I really need your help."

"No, you'll tell me your side of the story so I can make sure it fits. See I don't have any trust for girls, understand that." Sola leaned forward. "So, give me a good reason why I should help you, obviously you being here isn't helping Malachi any."

*ugh. :P *
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:21 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

"Do you believe in secnd chances?" Silvia asked, making sure to look pathetic. She had always been a good actress. That's why she believed Malachi fell for her. She was beautiful she knew, and talented. Who wouldn't.

"What do you mean?" The girl asked, unfazed.

"What is your name and I'll tell you everything that you need to know," Silvia said. "But first tell me, do you believe in second chances? Everyone makes one truly horrible mistake in their lives. Should they have a chance to make up for that. To right their wrongs?"

110 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:30 am
TNCowgirl says...

Sola looked her over and readjusted how she was sitting. "Name is Sola, and not everyone deserves second chances." She replied. Like Adam. She thought. The girl frowned a tad.

"But you have to understand! I was stupid!" The girl replied her lower lip shaking a little. Sola hated puppy faces.

"Cut the tears, they won't do you any good. Just don't lie to me and we'll see what I think." Sola replied.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:36 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Silvia almost smiled. Almost. She liked this girl. This would be fun.

"Please. Malachi...well, we loved each other," Silvia sighed. "Sola, please know that I know that what I did was beyond terrible. And it cost me my happiness and...his too I think."

"What happened then?" Sola asked, not betraying any emotion.

"He proposed. And I said yes. But I was so unsure. And a week before we really made it official I ran off with another guy. I am hearless and I don't desevere your help but I have to ask. Please, Sola. I've made a mistake. One that I can't ever make right, but I need him. I love him. I am begging for a second chance.

Silvia leaned against her horse and pressed her lips together tightly. So may lies. But Silvia was a good actress. She knew that this girl couldn't see through them. Very, very few could. And they were only the people who knew her most. Like Malachi.

110 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:49 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Sola clenched her jaw. Now she understood why Malachi was so upset. Maybe he did understand the pain she'd felt before. Maybe she could help him more then she thought.

Once a cheater always a cheater. A voice said in her head. She crossed her arms and frowned.

"If you want my help you're going to have to prove you really still love him and hell will freeze over before you ever leave him again." Sola saw her smile just a little. "And you have to prove that to Mel!"
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:49 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Silvia grimaced. "I can do that. Anything to get Malachi back," she sighed.

---

Malachi looked around. He had been pretty rude to Sola and he felt back about that. He thought, first, about getting a new guide for her but that would only leave a bad taste for him in her mouth. He didn't want her to hate him.

He sighed, and looked at Mel.

"You seen Sola?" He asked.

Mel looked him over quickly, a weird little smile on her face. "Went outside I believe."

Life's short; smile while you still have teeth.
— Tuesday