Young Writers Society

Letters of Fate

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:08 am
View Likes
Mo. says...

Introduction

"We must attack now!" Screamed the Leader of our investigation.
"But Sir," she began.
"No buts!" He commanded, a thick russian accent lining his words. She was horified by his menacing gaze.
"Go!" He shouted, and waved his finger towards the door. "Tell the others to begin the attack. We are going to war!"
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:27 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Elizabeth

Liza hurried down to the kitchen to get her breakfast before she had to start waiting on her master and his son. If they didn't need her she would have to go out to the fields and work.

"Happy birthday, Liza!" The cook grinned putting a plate of blueberry pancakes in front of her. She looked up at him surprised.

"Where did you get the blueberries?" She gasped looking at her favorite treat.

"Don't worry about it, sweetie, I've got my ways of doing things." He smiled putting a little container of syrup in front of her. She didn't put any on though as she took a bite and savored the flavor. It was heavenly. When she finished it she smiled and downed a cup of milk.

"ELIZABETH!" A high squealed voice screamed. She winced, gave the cook a hug, and then took off out the door. She came to a stop her head bowed as she stood in front of the mistress of the house. "Where have you been, girl!"

"I-I was eating breakfast." She replied quietly. She felt a slap hit her hard on the cheek and she whimpered biting her lip.

"The fire places aren't started, get busy!" She hissed. Liza nodded and took off up the stairs to her son's room first. She quickly started lighting the fire hoping he didn't wake up.

"What took you so long?" He demanded sitting up in his bed.

"S-sorry." She whimpered quickly making hte fire bigger and standing up her head bowed and her arms crossed behind her back. He got up and walked over looking at her.

"You're to pretty for a slave." He laughed. She bit her lip backing up.

"I have to start the fire in the other rooms." She said turning and starting out the door. He grabbed her arm and yanked her back.

"You don't leave til I tell you to." HE hissed.

"Please, I'll get in trouble." She whimpered.

"I don't care." He growled.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

113 Reviews

Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:13 am
View Likes
Mo. says...

Anastasia

"Mum?", she yelled from her bedroom.
"What is it Annie?" Her mum called from the kitchen.
"Oh, I found it! doesn't matter." she trailed off.

From her upstairs bedroom, Annie could hear her mother preparing breakfast in the kitchen. She smiled as she pulled her book from her laundry basket. No wonder I couldn't find it She thought.
Annie opened to the page she was up to, 396. As she read, she became enthralled in the imaginary world of witches, wizards and dragons. Her mind free to wander the depths of imagination. How long Annie could stay like this? she didn't know, but she wished she could read forever, how she loved the joy of reading.
Then her mothers voice interrupted her. "Annie, if you don't come down, you'll be late for school!"
"Coming mum." She replied as she closed the book.
Last edited by Mo. on Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

110 Reviews

Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:24 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Elizabeth

"LIZA!" A deep voice yelled.

"Please let me go!" She whimpered. His grip tightened and she bit her lower lip.

"Master Quincy, please let Liza go so she can finish her work." The head slave said walking in the room.

"Thelda, know your place." Quincy hissed.

"Master Quincy, would you like for me to tell your mother you are harrasing Liza again?" Thelda replied standing to her full height. Quincy growled and Liza hissed as he tightened his grip on her arm. He let it go and shoved her at Thelda. Thelda helped her out of the room and she bit her lower lip. "Don't worry sweetie, I've got your back. Go finish starting the fires."
Want a Readers crit???

113 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:07 am
View Likes
Mo. says...

Anastasia

She ran down the stairs, to see her mother at the kitchen.
"Bye darling!", she called from the sink.
"Bye!", she called back as she ran down the stairs of their front porch.
From the corner of her eye, she saw the bus come into view, and she started running towards it. Waving her hand furiously, she yelled. "Stop, stop!"
The bus pulled to a stop, and she walked on to see all her peers give a quick look in her direction, and she brushed the hair out of her eyes as they turned back to their previous conversations.

"Annie", called a sweet voice behing her.

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:18 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Liza

Liza sat on her bed that night wrapped up in her blankets.

"Liza, sweetie, are you still awake?" Thelda asked walking in.

"Yes, Ma'am." She replied sitting up.

"How would you like to have a writing buddy, a school has contacted us offering pen pals. They want to have their students learn about the outside world and I know how much you enjoy writing. The mistress has said it would be fine and they would supply you what you would need to be able to write the letters." Thelda smiled.

"Oh, that would be so much fun!" Liza smiled.
Want a Readers crit???

Maybe I should say something quote-worthy, like, I dunno... "You can only be happy if you decide to be happy?"
— Necromancer14