z

Young Writers Society

Rebel Prison ~R~

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:29 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Graice spun around and looked at him. "If I remember right you were the one that hated cleaning out stalls!" She laughed at him her mood lightening. She frowned at herself. She couldnt, but it was to much like old times to fight the teasing. She turned back and cleaned out the stall quickly. She shivered as felt Midnight sniff her neck curiously.

"Stop it, Midnight!" She laughed jumping away. He whinned and she laughed.

"All the stalls cleaned?" She heard her dad call. She stiffened up and carried her pitchfork to the tack room.

"Yes." Lucius said.

"Good, Gracie your going into to town today with either Luke or Susie to pick up some clothes. I won't have you wearing the clothes you have been recently." Her dad said.

"Whatever." She replied walking back to Midnight's stall.

"I can take her, I've got to go in and get some supplies anyway." Lucius replied. "The tack store sells clothes that will work for working out here so she can get some there while I get feed and stuff."

"No, they over price things, take her to the outlet mall or the thrift store. If you don't want to go shopping all day you best let Susie do it." Her dad laughed.

"I could take myself!" Gracie said turning and looking at them her arms crossed.

"No." Was all her dad said.

"I'll take her." Luke said. Her dad nodded and walked back to the house.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:18 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Lucas smiled lightly at Gracie, his green eyes twinkling, and finished putting hay in the last stall. "They might not have any clothes in your style, y'know how you city girls are, always up one the newest style." Gracie smirked at him and shook her head before pulling her gloves off.

"Yeah, well, I'm not like those city girls." She smirked and Lucas let out a laugh, his dimples prominent in his smile.

"Okay, I'll trust you on that. Now, lets get cleaned off a bit and we'll grab a bite to eat in town. Sound good to you?" He smiled.

"I'm not much of a breakfast person." Gracie grimaced and Luke sighed, gazing at her with serious eyes.

"Trust me, you'll become one when you taste Grandma Bib's pancakes. Best pancakes in these parts, and anyone who has ever come here will agree." Lucas grinned, cocking an eyebrow.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:36 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"We'll see." She replied. They went up to the house where they washed their hands and Gracie got into clean clothes then met him back down at the truck. They drove into town and he stopped at a nice little cafe. They walked in and a grandmother looking lady walked over.

"My goodness, it can't be! Gracie! I haven't seen you since you were a tiny little tot." The lady smiled walking over. "Dear me, you were always glued to your grandpa's hip when you came into town." Gracie felt like the air had been knocked out of her when her grandpa was mentioned.

"I hate to say but I don't remember you." SHe replied her defenses flaring as she crossed her arms.

"I wouldn't think you would, come on you two sit down and I'll get you some food. If I remember right it's blueberry pancakes for you, Gracie. And Banana for you Luke my boy." She walked to the back without getting the answer.

"Be nice to her." Luke said looking her in the eyes.

"Sorry, it's automatic for me to want to protect myself when something hurts. I miss my Gramps more then anything and it's my parents fault he left. I just wish i knew to where." She sighed.

"I remember him, he was pretty cool."

"No, he was the best. I wish he could've taken me with him." She sighed.

They ate talking about the old days and it was the first time in a long time that Gracie felt safe and happy. They were laughing when they got back in his truck and ran to the tack store getting the supplies they needed then going to the thrift store.

"IT's more fun." She convinced him when he asked if she didn't want new and unused clothes. "You can find some many interesting things here and make some of the best outfits." She replied.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:05 pm
Chupatoasta says...

**Wait, did her grandfather die? If not, where'd he go again? Sorry if you've told me before, and I just didn't retain it**

Lucas grinned over at her, pulling out a shirt he had a feeling she'd never be caught dead in, and pulled it out, the ruffles and feathers poofing out even further when they were off the rack. "Here, try to match this with something and then try it on." He teased, tossing it to Gracie.

At her disgusted features Lucas laughed loudly, his hand gripping the rack so he wouldn't fall to the ground.

*Oy vey :P**
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:58 pm
TNCowgirl says...

**He left when her parents kept fighting. I didn't tell you, she just mentioned it once**

Gracie growled and then put it on a rack. She handed him a stack of shirts. "Hold these." She kept going through the racks having him holding the clothes she was going to get.

"Some of these are for people ten times your size!" He said looking at one of the shirts.

"You cut out the sides and tie it back together to fit." She explained piling him with jeans too as they moved on down the rows. He found some shorts, scarves, and other acessories to match.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:24 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Okay, he's still alive though, right?**

Lucas had know idea what he was grabbing, but whatever it was, she seemed satisfied and they continued to walk through the store, Gracie still grabbing more clothes. When she finally stopped at the dressing room to try on shirts that weren't going to be "tied together" Lucas let out a breath, dropping all the clothes into an empty cart. Maybe, just maybe, he had enough time to get an present for Mary, not that he wanted to or anything, but she'd probably want to get back together and today was their six month anniversary of being sort of together.

But what was he supposed to get?

"Hey Grace," he called above the annoying music that played in the dressing room.

"Hmm?" She answered.

"What kind of things do you girls like when it comes to a gift from your boyfriends?" Gracie snorted at his question, Lucas almost being able to see her as she shook her head and pulled on a pair of jeans. He also thought of a few more things about her, but he wasn't about to go into heavy detail.

"Why?" She snorted, her eye roll almost being strong enough to feel.

"Well, mine and Mary's anniversary is coming up, and I wanted to get her something... sort of nice."
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:53 am
TNCowgirl says...

**Yeah, he'll pop up sooner or later. :D ***

"What time period?" She asked as she turned in front of the mirror then stepped out. "Think Susie would like this?" She asked.

"No, to tight, no way you could ride in those jeans either." He replied. "It'll be our sixth month."

"Really?" She sighed and went back in the dressing room pulling them off. "Huh, maybe a necklace or something. I'm not one to really know about it, my boyfriends were always druggies and such, they didn't bother."

"Wouldn't a necklace be to forward?" He asked ignoring her comment about the ex's. She smiled at the thought.

"If you get a semi cheap one from a store that is like a heart or something I'm sure she'll like it." She replied walking out in another outfit.

"That'll pass." He shrugged.

"Right, pass." She sighed going back in to try on another set.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:10 am
Chupatoasta says...

Lucas sighed and rested his head on his hand. Mary, as beautiful as she was, wasn't the perfect child so many people made her up to be. For as long as he'd known her, everyone had said she was the perfect Christian girl. Always went to church, always made perfect grades, always passed the surprise drug test the school gave. But in truth, she wasn't that different from how Gracie was when she lived with her mom.

Gracie stepped out in a pair of boots, skirt and a tank top, a cowboy hat sitting on top of her head. "Where would you go in that Daisy Duke?" He smirked crookedly, trying to divert his roaming eyes. Even if he sort of had a girl friend, it was hard NOT to stare at Gracie at any given time.

"Wherever I guess." She smirked, testing Luke's patience. Lucas smirked back at her and finally let out a breath.

"If you pull it down to at least three inches above the knee, the skirt'll pass, along with everything else." Gracie smiled and walked back into the dressing room. After a minute, Lucas ran a hand through his hair, shaking his head quickly. Did she know what she was doing to him when she stepped out? Was she testing him or something? Taking his mind off the question, Luke finally spoke up through the silence. "Can I trust you with a secret? I've been wantin' to get it off my chest for a while."

"Sure, whatever."

"Mary's not the perfect little girl everyone thinks she is." He sighed.

"How so?" Gracie asked, almost seeming humorous. Was she ticked off the they were still on the subject of Mary or something?

"She doesn't drugs, and is so deep in alcohol, it's unbelievable. I've been trying to get her away from it for the passed six months, but she won't do it. She's really failing at the academy, but her dad's the administrator, so he overlooks it all and passes her. He also knows about all the drugs she does, so he let's her miss the days the surprise drug tests are on. Everytime she comes around, she's half high, or half drunk, but nobody notices it, because they think she's the perfect little girl." He sighed, getting the meaningless tale off his chest. "I just wanted to say that about her. Sorry."
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:20 am
TNCowgirl says...

"It's cool." She replied stepping out in a halter top and short shirts. "How's this?" She asked turning around.

"You know the answer." He replied. She laughed and went back in the dressing room.

"It doesn't surprise me. I know a high person when I see one." She replied pulling off the outfit and grabbing a cute little sundress. Why do you keep dating her? Obviously she isn't your type, aren't you into the good girls or something?" She asked walking out again. "How's this one?"
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:31 am
Chupatoasta says...

Lucas sighed, ravishing her with his eyes. How could he help it? After all, he was only human. "It's... cute." He smiled at her the best he could without giving anything away. "Susie'll really like it, that's for sure." Gracie smiled softly and walked back into the dressing room.

"So?"

"Oh, yeah, they sort of are. I mean, I wouldn't mind settling in with one, but all the girls around here are boring. I mean, you can still be a good girl and sneak out every now and then to go stargazing, or actually do something with your boyfriend every now and then. All the girls around here think that if they do something, anything with their boyfriends, they'll be considered a whore or something, but they won't be. People gossip in this town, but we don't judge someone by what they do with their boyfriends. I guess I'm still with Mary, because she's the only one who can have fun around he and be a little carefree. She's not... uptight like some of the girls around here. Then again, you're the new addition, so she might seem you as a threat, knowing my type and all." He smirked when she stepped back out in another set of clothes.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:39 am
TNCowgirl says...

Gracie put her hands on her hips. "Well she doesn't need to worry about htat. It would be suicidal for any guy to try dating me here." She replied.

"It'll pass." He said. "And why do you say that?"

"I'm the prodigal child that hasn't yet turned around." She replied as she turned and walked back into the dressing room putting on another dress.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:53 am
Chupatoasta says...

"Oh I highly doubt that'll affect some guys around here. They're not exactly what we call good kids." Lucas smirked at the thought and okayed the next dress. "Most of them are too good to leave home, or to bad to even come home." He grinned crookedly and leaned back in his chair as Gracie walked out in another outfit. He put a thumbs down in an attempt to keep his eyes off after a long glance and put his hands behind her back.

"So, where all the guys 'bad' where you used to live?" He grinned, putting air quotes around the word bad.

*bleh*
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:05 am
TNCowgirl says...

"I lived in the projects, so yes." She replied going back in and changing into another outfit.

"Really? From what your dad says your mom does ok for money."

"THat she wastes on drugs, booze, anything else she can get ahold of." She called back coming out in a tight fitting black dress. "I think I'm going to get this even if I have to hide it from dad and Susie."
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:11 am
Chupatoasta says...

If they were cartoon characters in some Japanese cartoon, Lucas probably would have fallen back in his chair overdramatically with a nosebleed, but instead, he just blushed at how tight the dress was, along with the short length and the low-cut front. "Erm... okay, but I can't garantee that they won't find it, cause they could, and your dad'll probably go through the bags." Lucas bit the inside on his cheek and ruffled his hair with one hand. "Just saying."

"Then will you sneak it in for me?" Luke's eyebrows shot to his hairline.

"Do what now?"

"Will you sneak it in for me?"

*ugh I'm brain dead*
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:25 pm
TNCowgirl says...

**That's fine.**

"It's not like there is alot to hide." She replied cocking her hip to one side her hands on her hips. He ran a hand over his face and took a deep breath.

"No."

"Come on, Luke, please!"

"When will you wear it here?" He asked looking up. "When will you have a need for it that you'll be able to keep your dad from seeing it."

"I might not use it here, but it's a cute dress I can wear later too. I'm done growing." She replied.

"I don't carry a purse or anything so I can't hide it." He said. She sighed and shook her head.

"Fine, I've got an idea." When they finished buying all the clothes they stopped at a gas station and she pulled the black dress on and then a sundress on over it where you couldn't even see the black one was tehre. She walked back out to the truck and jumped in. "I just like this dress to much not to wear it right now." She smiled at him. He rolled his eyes.
Want a Readers crit???

Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always with you.
— Louis L'Amour