Evrard Ardsius
Addison
Jessica

Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada

Time Period:

1795 18th century

The First Dream

Jessica~

His eyes watched her as he imagined the taste of her sweet lips against his. She could feel his eyes burn a hole through her back. She stopped under the glow of a street lamp that haden't been blewn out yet. She looked around and heard the piercing noise of boot heels echoing through the empty streets. She turned around and squinted where she started to see a shadow emerge. It looked like the shadow of a man, a tall man. She exhaled deeply and started to walk fast in the opposite direction. When she quickened her pace, the echoes became louder. She kept on glancing back to see if anyone was behind her. She stopped as she came to Main Street. Fog lifted off of the ground around the hem of her dress and the shoes of a man. She slowly looked up.
"I've been waiting for you," a hoarse whisper said as she was pushed down and jumped upon.

Evrard~

I ran my finger along the rim of my white coffee cup. I hadn't felt the warm skin of a women in a long, long time. Just the other day I had seen the most beautiful girl walking past my home. She looked so innocent, it was seductive.
You're more than wonderful
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

-Love of My Life, Brian McKnight.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:34 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Jessica

It was early in the morning when I woke up, bewildered, my scream made me wake up. It seemed so real, so frightening. I could still feel the rush of blood in my brain and my heart beating faster than usual.I had my eyes opened wide, my breathing was definitely not even.
I rolled in my bed and tried to get up. After a few attempts at it, I finally got out of my bed.
It was just a dream, I kept telling to myself as I changed my nightgowns into day clothes and arranged my hair in a fancy way. I looked at myself in the mirror and for one minute I remembered my mother, I was just like her. But the next thought scared me, I saw my face as I saw it in the dream. I shuddered and shook my head, placing a wide smile in my thin freckled face.
I finally went downstairs after deciding to ignore the dream and just go on with my happy pulled together life. It was the right thing to do since dreams didn't have the ability to affect my life. The table in the dining room was set, with my usual coffe and bread already in it. The first face I saw, besides the maid's, was Addison's my best friend. MY father was almost never home, and the few glimpses of him I got was in my birthday. But Addison came every morning to receive tutoring with me; history literature,dancing andmany more that were said to improve the chances of getting a nice lifestyle.
And today was not the exception, she was there standing in the doorframe and waving hi to me as I ate. I smiled back and knew that my day had already began.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:41 pm
Ellyphant says...

I hadn't drank the tea since it was served, possibly just one sip. I stood up gradually and turned on my heels towards the door. I thought about how I was going to plan my day.
"Eh, I'll just play it by ear," I replied to my thought. I walked around the lively town of Whitehorse for about thirty minutes. Children played Stick 'n' Ball in the streets whilst their mothers nagged on about how they were the naughtiest kids one could have. I chuckled. When I was young, I was worse than just playing in the streets. My mom near had a heartattack everytime I showed my face inside our house unexpectedly. I got joy out of putting fear in her eyes. Too much joy that eventually lead to a headstone. I came to the church and thought twice about if I should go in or not. Soon, I found myself walking to the closed french doors. I pulled back the brass knocker and realeased it. The Priest was staring into my eyes not long after I had knocked.

"Evrard Ardsius. What a surprising visit. I never expected to see your face again. What brings you back to Yukon? Whithorse, in general?" I smirked.

"I don't think that's any of your buisness, Father," I said in my deep voice tone. He nodded.

"I understand. You came here for something. To the church, I mean. And it certainly wasn't to confess," he snapped.

"Patience, Father, is a virtue. And you shouldn't be telling me what I came here for. Why would I need to confess if He already has seen everything I have done?" I said easing my way past his gaze. I squeezed myself past him and he closed the doors. I walked briskly down the aisle brushing my fingers on every single praying bench that was there.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:47 pm
pudin.junidf says...

**An idea just struck me**
"Miss Evans" Mrs. Wilson called at me. "I hope you're ready for church"
"Yes ma'am" I answered.Church,an old tradition passed from generation to generation until it reached me. Confession day. I thought of this as a frail tradition for what was the reason of confessing your sins to a simple human if the one above could see them all? And if I had to, wouldn't it be more normal if I confessed them to Him who is heavenly?
But still I went, guilt crawled through me if I didn't. It was something my mother had taught me and if I didn't go, it was like if I was betraying her. I got ready and called Addison who was in my living room.
"Addi, church day!"
"Yes, I'm going" And in no time she was here with her red hair falling in her shoulders.
"Oh my God, Addi arrange your hair" i said pulling back a intruder lock of hair and we laughed. She was like my sister.
And once she was ready,we headed to church in our carriage. Walking in the insecure streets of Whitehorse scared me. The streets were empty and unusually quiet, but enjoyed it. The horseman stopped the carriage in front of the church's large wooden gates, with carved crosses in them. They looked scary, but with a steady pace I got off the carriage and headed to the church.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:43 am
Ellyphant says...

I sat staring at the statue of Virgin Mary wondering how excrutiating the bearing of Jesus must have been. I stood up as the morning service began to pile into the old grubby building. I started up the aisle with my head down, fearing eye contact. I didn't want an incident to happen while I was here, in the Holy home of the Lord Himself. I then bumped into a lady. I looked up quickly as she began to apologize. She was absolutely beautiful. I smirked and put a finger to her lips.

"Please, I would hate to steal His thunder," I said. She immediately stopped talking. She stared at me until she was pushed past me. I continued on my way still remembering how gorgeous she was. I then decided to wait outside until she started to head home. WHile I did memories rushed in and out even as I pleaded for them to stop. I knew my mistakes well. I didn't want to connect with them any longer.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream