z

Young Writers Society

Forbidden **Tiger and Chup's!**

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:38 am
Chupatoasta says...

Dylan Rae Terrick. She wasn't like other girls, that was for sure. With curly, brunette hair and bright blue eyes, she was anything but ordinary. She was tough, and could take anything that was thrown at her. Except her mother's sickness. When she was only ten, her mother caught a horrible, non-viral illness, and was forbidden by a doctor to work at all. Dylan, only at ten years old, had to take up her mother's job as the queen's top servant. It was a tough job, that was something she couldn't disagree with, yet, she still has it to this day.

"Dylan, come here, quickly." Dylan looked up from the dress she was swiftly mending, her eyes drifting across the queen's troubled face. With a sigh, she stood to her feet and hurried over, smiling softly.

"Yes malady?" She peered over the queen's shoulder, her blue eyes drifting over the dozens of names on the list.

"Which princess am I missing? We have that ball coming up soon, and I want to send an invitation to every princess my Nathan fancies." Nathan doesn't fancy any of these conceited women. Was what Dylan wanted to say, but decided against it.

"Caledonia of Deceletra, malady." Dylan smiled before going back to the dress she was mending.

*Ugh, brain hurts*
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:55 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

**It's fine**

Nathan yawned and streched. His mother was talking across the hall to one of the servents. He changed, quickly and hurried towards her.

"Mother," he nodded in her direction. The servant girl looked up and back down quickly. He smiled at her and turned back to his mother.

"What's going on? Is breakfast served?" He asked.

"Well I suspect you're hungry. You skipped dinner last night and I had to eat alone. Dylan, would you please go get Prince Nathan's dinner?" She asked the girl.

"Of course," Dylan said, softly and walking out.

"You never answered. What's this all about?" He asked his mother. The old queen sighed.

"I'm arranging a ball," she said, a little nervous.

"Again?" Nathan asked. "Great, so I'll have to pretend like I'm interested again? Do you know how many selfish, snobby girls I had to talk to. It would be alright if there was someone worth talking to."

"Nathan!" His mother exclaimed. "Why don't you get to know these girls? Eventually you'll have to marry one of these princesses."

Nathan glared. "I have tried, mother," he sighed. "It's kind of hard when every other word is saying how pretty or how rich they were."

Dylan, the servant girl, walked back in again. "Here's your breakfast Prince Nathan," she said, smiling.

Nathan nodded. She had a very pretty smile.

"Thanks," he replied glancing at his mother again. "I can't promise that I'll marry any of these 'princesses' mother. I'm sorry."
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

54 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:56 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

**It's fine**

Nathan yawned and streched. His mother was talking across the hall to one of the servents. He changed, quickly and hurried towards her.

"Mother," he nodded in her direction. The servant girl looked up and back down quickly. He smiled at her and turned back to his mother.

"What's going on? Is breakfast served?" He asked.

"Well I suspect you're hungry. You skipped dinner last night and I had to eat alone. Dylan, would you please go get Prince Nathan's dinner?" She asked the girl.

"Of course," Dylan said, softly and walking out.

"You never answered. What's this all about?" He asked his mother. The old queen sighed.

"I'm arranging a ball," she said, a little nervous.

"Again?" Nathan asked. "Great, so I'll have to pretend like I'm interested again? Do you know how many selfish, snobby girls I had to talk to. It would be alright if there was someone worth talking to."

"Nathan!" His mother exclaimed. "Why don't you get to know these girls? Eventually you'll have to marry one of these princesses."

Nathan glared. "I have tried, mother," he sighed. "It's kind of hard when every other word is saying how pretty or how rich they were."

Dylan, the servant girl, walked back in again. "Here's your breakfast Prince Nathan," she said, smiling.

Nathan nodded. She had a very pretty smile.

"Thanks," he replied glancing at his mother again. "I can't promise that I'll marry any of these 'princesses' mother. I'm sorry."
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

23 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:12 am
Chupatoasta says...

Dylan bit the inside of her bottom lip, trying to hide her small smile as she threaded the large cut in the dress back together slowly.

Over, through, under.

Over, through, under.

Just like her mother had taught her seven years ago. With a small sigh she stood up proudly, holding out the white dress. Her eyes danced across the beauty of the dress. All the little details and frills that perfected it in the end. It certainly was the perfect wedding gown. The queen took it from her quickly, holding it before Nathan.

"Isn't this lovely?" She was obviously trying to stay sane after Nathan's comment. "It was mine when your father and I married many years ago. Dylan's been working so hard on it. It's actually white again, and she even fixed the snag in it." Dylan blushed slightly when Nathan's deep eyes turned on her.

Don't talk unless spoken to.

Another one of her mother's useful advice bits. It had kept her out of a lot of trouble so far, even if she just wanted to tell the queen that it was not a big deal and that any other servant good have done and equal, if not better, job that what she'd done.

"Dylan, would you go see if the chefs have planned tonight's dinner? Tell them to make something for your mother and sister as well, poor things." Dylan nodded, whispering a quiet 'Yes malady' before she stood and slowly walked towards the kitchen. She shot Nathan a quick glance as she passed, giving him a small smile before she disappeared into the corridor.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:22 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Nathan looked at the dress. His brow furrowed. Everytime he tried to picture one of the princesses in the dress his stomach turned over.

"The dress looks great, mother, really," he sighed. It was a pretty dress...the girls he saw in there...not so much."

"Didn't Dylan do such a good job!" she smiled, excitedly. "Oh, Nathan, I am so excited about this ball!"

"Right," Nathan grumbled, following the servant girl towards the kitchen. Right now, he would prefer her company rather than his mothers.

23 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:35 am
Chupatoasta says...

"And I have-ah the best-ah food-ah for your mom and seester." Dylan smiled, her hair tied back safely as she followed Tonyo through the kitchen, scents of spices heavy in the air. She smiled softly, cocking her head as he piled food onto a platter, along with a hot bowl porridge. He turned around, his plump face bright with a smile, and handed her the silver platter. She'd have to be quick if she wanted to be back to help the queen like she should.

"Thank you so much Tonyo," Dylan could smell the scents wafting from the platter, causing her stomach to grumble. Tonyo laughed and pointed an accusing finger at her.

"You didn't eat-ah your breakfast this-ah morning, did you?" Dylan blushed and laughed softly, shaking her head.

"No, my mother and sister and the queen all come before myself." She smiled, bowing her head in thanks before hurrying down the corridor. She sped down the halls, trying to get to her mother and sister before they completely woke up.

As she almost ran down the halls, Dylan suddenly slammed into something , the lid of the platter flying off and spreading the food within everywhere, including on Dylan and whoever she'd ran into.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:20 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Nathan ran into Dylan. She looked up at him horrified.

"I'm so sorry," she said, blushing. "I appologize. I'll get you fresh clothes, sir."

"Sir?" He asked, laughing a little. "I'm not your grandfather."

Dylan swallowed hard and looked to the ground. "I'm sorry, Prince Nathan."

Nathan shook his head and rolled his eyes. "It's alright. Dylan, right?" He asked, though he knew it was her name. "Honestly, I don't like these things my mother makes me where anyway. You did me a favor," he winked.

Dylan sighed a little and looked to the floor sadly. "I'd better get this cleaned up."

"Was that for my mother?" He asked, surprised. Dylan shook her head.

"No, for mine," she replied. "I'll get her something later, though."

Nathan shook his head. Michella, another servant, was walking by.

"Would you mind clearing this up, Michella?" He asked. "Dylan needs to take something to her mother."

"Of course, sir," she said, though she was his age.

Nathan rolled his eyes and laughed again. "Sir? You'd think I'd be fifty," he mused. He walked with Dylan to the kitchen and grabbed one of the extra rolls.

With a last parting smile, he left. He was going riding with one of his friends today. "I hope your mother is doing well," Nathan nodded to Dylan as he left, completely unaware that she wasn't.

23 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:49 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Dylan nodded, sending him a small, sad smile before he disappeared around the corner. Tears filled her eyes as she hurried down the hall again, stopping before Michaella. "Don't bother with that Michaella, it was my fault. I'll get it in a minute." Michaella stood up angrily, eyes a lit with an inner fire.

"Hmph, you better! I'm not going to clean up after someone of equal social status!" The stuck-up servant girl huffed and stomped off, but not before tossing a food-covered rag at Dylan. With a frown, Dylan cleaned everything up and dropped it in the sink before taking the now cold roll to her mother and little sister.

Sophie, Dylan's sister, bounced up excitedly when Dylan walked into the small cottage. "Dylan, Dylan! Mr. Yates stopped by and dropped off Bessie, the calf you nurse last year! He said he was returning the favor by giving her to us! She's so big!" Sophie bounced up and down, her curly locks bouncing with her.

"That's great Soph! I'll build up a fence later, okay? Just keep her tied to the tree." Sophie nodded before running back outside, barefoot.

Soot decorated the floor as Dylan walked across it, feeling every little speck beneath her feet. She opened her mother's door, the woman looking up weakly from the book she was writing in. "Hel-lo dear." Her mother coughed weakly, clutching her chest as more coughs wracked her small body. Dylan frowned as she patted her mother's back, handing her the cold roll.

"I'm sorry it's not much. I spilled everything else on the way over." Her mother shook her head, still coughing. Dylan felt her head, the heat radiating off of it searing against Dylan's hand.

"Th-that's fine d-deary. Just get back o-ver there be-fore Caledonia gets ang-ry." Dylan nodded slowly, kissing her mother's forehead before walking out, making sure to shut the door. Dylan sighed and walked outside, where a dairy cow looked up at her with large, brown eyes. She surveyed how much wood she had exactly and let out a sigh. She'd have to scrounge up some more, that was for sure. The queen wouldn't be too angry if Dylan missed the rest of the afternoon. Dylan walked inside, changing into trousers and one of her brother's old flannel shirts.

"Where are you going Dylly?" Sophie asked, bouncing over when Dylan lifted up a heavy axe and a log saw.

"Cutting down some wood. Do you want to come?!" Sophie nodded ecstatically and ran beside Dylan as she walked into the woods, both of them barefoot without a care.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:01 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

**The roll was actually for Nathan. ^_^ Dylan could have grabbed more for her mother. Sorry if that confused you.**

Nathan walked outside, in his fresh clothes. Miguel was waiting for him with a smile.

"Ready to go out?" He asked eagerly. Nathan shrugged.

"Not really. I was just informed that my mothers throwing another of her famous balls," he growled.

"Oh," Miguel replied, though looking like he was rolling his eyes.

"What?" Nathan asked, slightly annoyed that he didn't feel his pain.

"Well," he started. "Nevermind."

"Tell me," Nathan sighed, a hand pressed to his forehead.

"Well, it's just you have all these beautiful, rich...powerful women ready to throw themselves at you and you just...hate it," Miguel sighed. "It's unfair."

Nathan laughed out loud. "I wish you could take my place, honestly, Miguel. I just don't like it. They may be pretty, yes, but you should hear them. None of them really...there wasn't a spark I guess."

Miguel rolled his eyes. "If your looking for love, it'll on break your heart...and maybe even someone elses. Take my advice and don't go down that road."

Nathan mounted his horse and shrugged. Miguel acted like he had so much expeirence sometimes. Still, Nathan didn't want to marry some girl because of beauty or money. He did want to love her, especially if he would be spending the rest of his life with her.

23 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:19 pm
Chupatoasta says...

**Oh, haha, that's embarrassing :P**

Dylan wiped her brow, her arms sore from swinging the axe time and time again. Sophie sang a tune to herself as she twirled around on a stump her small voice sounding big in the open forest. "You sound like a fairy." Dylan teased the young girl and poked her in the belly, causing her to giggle. Sophie wasn't her sister by blood. Dylan, in fact, didn't even know the small girl's parents. They were travelers that dropped Sophie off as an infant in Dylan's arms when she was only twelve, but since then, Dylan had treated Sophie like a little, five-year old sister.

"Do fairy's sing prettifully?" Sophie smiled, eyes wide.

"They do! The sing the prettifullest of anyone in the forest. Except you of course." Dylan smiled playfully when Sophie giggled bashfully. Dylan looked down at the pile of plank-cut wood. How was she supposed to get it home?

Suddenly, deep laughter sounded in the forest, hooves pounding the autumn leaves as the sound of two horses filled the air. Dylan, with wide eyes, grabbed Sophie off the log, and collapsed onto the ground, right as two young men on beautiful horses jumped over the wood stock, landing on the other side of Dylan. Dylan, with a new found anger, stood up fuming. "Why don't you fools watch where you're going?!" She shouted angrily, not realizing that one of the horse's rider was Prince Nathanial.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:28 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Nah, don't be embaressed! My fault, lol, and I'm not embaressed. ^_^**

"Fools?!" Miguel exclaimed, stopping his horse. "Why you little-"

He jumped off his horse and to the girl. He only caught a glimpse of her before Miguel slapped her and she fell to the ground. The smaller child whimpered.

"Miguel!" Nathan roared. "How dare you hit a lady. She was concerned and you just slap her."

"But you heard the way she spoke to us," Miguel defended. Nathan shook his head.

"We SHOULD have been watching where we were going," he replied, getting off his horse and to the women.

"I'm sorry, Miss," he said, gently, helping her up. She looked at him and hung her head a little.

"Dylan?" He asked.

"Yes, Prince Nathanial?" She replied, softly.

"Sorry, I didn't realize who you were at first," he said, slightly shocked. She had clear, perfect blue eyes. He had never seen such a color before. "My appologies. Also for my...friend as well."

Miguel looked disgusted. "I apologize," he spat. Nathan rolled his eyes.

"You are alright, aren't you?" He asked. "Do you and your...little sister need a ride?" He hoped that was her sister anyway. Maybe it was her child, he didn't know.

23 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:30 am
Chupatoasta says...

Dylan looked down at Sophie's scared form, her small hands clutching tightly to the fabric of Dylan's trousers. Dylan smiled softly, her cheek heated with pain, and shook her head slowly. "I'm fine. It was all just a big misunderstanding. I'm terrible sorry for calling you and your friends fools, and no that's quite alright, really. We've got things to carry anyway." Dylan smiled, afraid that Prince Nathaniel would go home and tell his mother that she'd called him a fool. "You and... Miguel I believe look parched. If you'd allow me some time to gather this wood here, I'll get you a glass of water from my home. We've got an Vartegian well in our back yard that my father found a long time ago. It's been flowing with crystal clear, pure water for years now."

"That's an offer I can deny." Prince Nathaniel smiled brightly. God, he had an amazing smile. Blushing slightly, Dylan gathered the wood quickly, Sophie pressed tightly against her leg, her arms wrapped around it as she glared at Miguel, who glanced down, his eyes narrowing. Sophie didn't like Miguel... that much was obvious. As they slowly neared Dylan's house, she dropped the wood by the side of the house along with her tools before grabbing a couple nails and a hammer.

"Soph, would you run in and grab two glasses from the kitchen?" The small girl pouted, but ran in nonetheless while Dylan set up a place large enough for the dairy cow, driving two or three planks into the ground, sweated beading above her head due to the nervousness of Miguel and Dylan's eyes on her. When Sophie tottered back out, her brow was creased with worry. She handed both glasses to Dylan, glaring at Miguel and Nathaniel. Dylan, with a small sigh, stood up and walked over to the well. "There's a trough right over there, if your horses are thirsty as well." Dylan smiled rather tiredly as the glasses filled to the rim, before she handed them both to the men.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:01 pm
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

Nathan took the drink and downed it gratefully. "Thanks," he replied, standing. "Though we won't be staying too long. After all, it probably wasn't in your plans to look after us today."

"It's no problem, really," Dylan replied, like any good servant. Nathan waved her protests away.

"Don't worry, Dylan. I'm sure the queen will want me in time for dinner," he laughed, rolling his eyes.

Miguel nodded and stood as well. He looked back at Dylan and the look in his eyes, while Nathan saw disgust, there was also lust.

"Will you be working at the ball coming up?" Miguel asked, cocking an eyebrow. Nathan glared at his friend. Every time his mother had a ball, Miguel would pick one of the servants, and once even a princess, and take them to bed.

"I suppose so," Dylan said, completely unaware.

"That's enough talk for you," Nathan growled. Hadn't he hurt this girl enough? "I don't think you should so much as see this girl again, especially after you struck her. Why don't you just skip this ball."

Miguel took the hint and strode from the room, angrily. Once they were back on their horses, he finally spoke.

"What was that all about?" Miguel asked, angrily. "Standing up for...the servant. She wouldn't deny me at the ball and you know it."

"I know nothing about this girl. And as for standing up for her, she is one of my servants. You will treat her with respect," Nathan replied, calmly. "I don't ever want to see you strike another women, servant or anyone else."

"She's just a servant though!" He yelled.

Nathan replied. "But she's also a human being. Servant's get treated like dirt just because they were born into this life, or even because they can't find other work. It's despicable, really."

Neither Nathan nor Miguel said another word, heading back to the castle in silence.

23 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:37 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Dylan let off a smile once the fence was finished and Sophie led the dairy cow into it. Thank god it was finally done. Looking into the sky, Dylan realized it was almost dinner time. She'd have to get back to the castle, and quick. She ran into the house and changed back into her dress after sponging off a little bit. She fixed her hair back up, pulled on her flat black shoes used only for serving the queen, and hurried towards the castle. She stopped on the grounds, picked a mint leaf, and chewed it up quickly, savoring the sharp taste of it.

"Dylan! You must hurry! The dining room isn't even set yet!" Hannah, Dylan's best friend in the castle, called out to her. Hitching up the skirts of her dress, Dylan clambered into the window Hannah stood at, her friend pulling her the rest of the way in with a small squeal. Dylan, soon in the castle, gathered some plates and silverware, Hannah close behind her. The tablecloth, thankfully, was already on the table. Dylan slid the plates to each seat, Hannah running around with the silverware. A third maid walked in and put four double-holder candles along the length of the table, all three letting out a luck-filled sigh.

"Oh my, is the food not really yet?" Queen Caledonia asked softly, her eyes alit with an inner anger. Dylan couldn't let her friends get in trouble, that much she knew.

"Yes malady, it is. Forgive me, I fell asleep on the job." Hannah and the other maid, Jenny, shot her a bewildered look and Dylan winced with the queen let out a shrill breath of air.

"Well get on it! We have guests!" She screeched, Dylan nodding quickly before running back into the kitchen. Hannah and Jenny knew better than to ask any questions.

"My lord, did you see Jezebelle of Harin's dress? The midsection has been completely gone! And, and it doesn't have a back!" Jenny gossipped as she and Hannah helped Dylan, who snickered softly.

"I think the princess of Celtra looks much worse, her dress is completely missing everything below her knees, and the front is cut straight down the front, through her bossum, and doesn't stop until it reaches the front of her knickers!" Dylan giggled at her two friends as they walked back into the dining room.

Dylan was careful not to look at Nathaniel, or Miguel for that matter. As she, Jenny, and Hannah started back into the kitchen Cera of Celtra let out an exhasperated sigh. "You stupid servants can't get anything right, can you?!" She screeched, standing up from the table suddenly and grabbing her plate. She had asked for something special, but Dylan couldn't remember what it was. That was the chef's job.

Cera stomped over, her heels clicking as she made her way towards Dylan before she tipped the plate over onto Dylan's only dress. Dylan, in reaction to the heat of the entree, let out a screech, falling back against the floor. The other princess and surprisingly, the queen, giggled.

"I asked for a dish of my country, not this slop. Dylan, whose dress was soiled with the food, scrambled to her feet and ran into the kitchen, unable to stand the searing heat of the foot while Hannah and Jenny dealt with the rampaging princess. Dylan ducked into the meat storage, that was underground and cool. She wiped the food painfully off her soon red chest, tears of pain pricking her eyes.

*DRAMA :lol:*
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:14 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Nathan was angry. "You should all be ashamed!" He yelled. "Every last one of you!"

"Nathaniel!" His mother called, surprised. "What has gotten into you?"

Prince Nathan turned on his mother, angrily. "Especially you, mother. You laugh at the girl who drops food on herself. You don't ask her if she's okay...or if she needs help?"

"She is a servant," his mother growled, sticking her royal nose in the air. "SHE is hear to help US. Not the other way around."

Nathan laughed, angrily. "You're missing the point. I can see already you are a hopeless cause."

He stormed out of the room after the servant girl. She had just ducked into one of the many storage room. One princess was still yelling about her food. Nathan stopped.

"You can go home," he told her, calmly.

"Prince Nathan!" She flushed. "Oh no! I realize there was a mistake, but I don't blame you, of course."

She stepped closer to him and Nathan held her away. "That's not why I said you needed to go home."

She tilted her head to the side, confused. Nathan rolled his eyes. Were all of these princesses lacking a brain.

"I don't want you in my company. Not with how you act. You would be the very last person I would marry," he replied.

Nathan left her, shocked, and headed towards Dylan. Opening the door, he found her sitting and trembling a little.

"Are you alright?" He asked, softly.

She turned abruptly. "I'm fine," she said, harshly. He could tell she hadn't meant to be so rude, but it didn't matter. She had reason to be.

"I wouldn't be fine if I was in your place," he told her. He sat beside her. "I'm sorry for how you've been treated. Especially today. Laughed at and slapped."

Nathan shook his head, annoyed. "It's terrible and I'll be forced to marry one of those witches."

Dylan's eyebrows raised and Nathan laughed. "I'm sorry," he responded. "I've gotten off topic."

"I'm really fine, Prince Nathaniel," she said, giving a fake smile.

Nathan shook his head. "You don't have to pretend like it doesnt bother you, Dylan."

Dylan turned her head to the floor, confused.

"Wondering how I can see through your little facade?" He asked smiling.

"No. Your mother's told me you're good at reading people. Really, I'm wondering why you're here," she responded.

Nathan nodded, sadly. He hated that people thought he was so superficial. Dylan hadn't meant it like that, but after having the whole royal audience laugh at her, she must have some prejudices.

"You are no different from me. I may be...more powerful or have more money but we are both human. It could have been me in your place," Nathan said, seriously. He put an arm around her shoulders and smiled.

"Besides, you seem like a nice girl. You remind me a lot of one of my good friends," he told her, thinking of Melissa.

We do have funerals for the living. They're called birthday parties.
— Jill Biden (fictitiously), Hope Never Dies