z

Young Writers Society

Forbidden **Tiger and Chup's!**

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:28 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

"Cancer?" Nathan asked, his face clouding with worry. "Is that what they say she has?" Dylan looked at him cautiously.

"Have you heard of it?" She asked him. Nathan shook his head.

"Very few," he lied. "I am only curious about it, really."

Dylan looked unsure. "Well, yes. That's what the doctors are calling it right now," she responded.

Nathan looked away. He really hadn't heard that much of it, only that it was one of the fastest growing killers here. Once someone was diagnosed with it, they had little chance of survival.

"Well, at least they know what it is. I'm sure she'll be cured in no time," Nathan said with a fake smile. Poor girl. He hoped she didn't lose her mother.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:54 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Hey... I was thinking about something suddenly happening to her mother. Like her condition worsens. Hey, doesn't cancer attack weak parts of the body... like say her mom broke a bone (or something like that) couldn't the cancer form there as well. Also, I don't really know what they called cancer back then, or even if it was an illness, I just wanted to throw that in there since it was the only non-viral thing I could think of at the moment**

Dylan smiled softly and nodded, turning back to Melissa. She really didn't want Nathan to see the despair that shaded her face. She knew her mother wasn't going to make it. The doctors had said that since day one.

"So, how is Sophie doing in her learning?" Melissa smiled, thankfully changing the subject.

"She's doing very well actually. Learning how to read scripture and do the few amounts of hand writing I make her do. She's also been doing very good in mathematics. Better than I ever was at her age." She knew well that the lower class didn't have books, and that usually they weren't allowed to, but she had a feeling Nathan wouldn't tell anyone of it.

"Wait," he sighed, "Excuse me for interupting, but who is Sophie?" Dylan smiled at him gently, moving around so she was a little more comfortable.

"I hope you don't mind my feet up here Melissa." She smiled when Melissa shook her head, signaling that she didn't mind at all. "Sophie is my little sister. She's six years old, and my mother and I, well mainly me since my mother was already sick, adopted her when she was two."

*UGH*
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:10 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Nathan rose his eyebrows shocked. "Oh," he said simply.

Nathan looked outside. It was getting late. "I have to go," he sighed. Melissa stood.

"More prince-y stuff?" She asked sarcastically laughing. "Wouldn't want to be late for that."

"Ha. Ha," Nathan rolled his eyes, turning to Dylan.

"Please stay here a little longer. I want to make sure that...well, I'm sure Melissa can help you more without me here," Nathan replied, a little embaressed about the topic.

"I really should get back to," Dylan started, but Nathan shook his head.

"I will personally see to it that I look after you're mother and little sister. No one else, just me," he smiled kindly. "You are in no shape to work."

He hugged Melissa tightly, kissing her lightly on each cheek. "Keep her rested. I can only imagine what's she's been through," Nathan shook his head. "I'm not yet done with Miguel yet."
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

23 Reviews

Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:26 am
Chupatoasta says...

Dylan watched at Melissa nodded, smiling brightly. "Goodbye Dylan," Nathan smiled over at her sadly and she nodded, smiling back.

"See you," she laid her head back, listening to the door shut quietly. Suddenly, she shot up with realization. Prince Nathaniel could be going to her house. After all, he had said he was going to look after her mother and sister. She let out a gasp, grasping her stomach and curling into a ball.

"What do you need?" Melissa asked softly with a kind smile, helping Dylan back onto the couch.

"Mel, he can't go to my home. It's embarrassing. It's so small, and non-spacious. Besides, Farmer Grey just gave up a dairy cow, and I have a makeshift, dirt poor fence up decorating the side of the house." She sighed, laying her head back, her hair falling in her eyes.

"I'm sure it'll be fine Dyl. He's seen worse predicaments, I'm sure of it." Dylan bit her head nervously, an odd smelling drink suddenly shoved in her face.

"Drink it, it's a sedative. It'll smooth the pain." Dylan nodded weakly, pressing the glass to her lips and tipping it so the warm liquid flowed down her throat.

http://tinypic.com/m/5mz8yd/3 - Dylan, but think of her in a more appropriate style for the time they're in

http://tinypic.com/r/18j0o7/5 - And this is Soph
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:45 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Nathan reached Dylan's house quickly. It was a small, cozy home. Not like his cold and empty castle. This house had a nice vibe to it.

A small girl with long blonde hair and wide brown eyes came out to either greet him or glare at him. She looked up at the hot food in his arms and narrowed her eyes.

"Are you Prince Nathaniel?" She asked. Nathan nodded.

"And you must be Sophie?" He smiled kindly. "Dylan's told me so much about you."

"Yeah, she's done the same for you," Sophie shrugged. Nathan raised his eyebrows and laughed.

"Oh, really?" he asked, shaking his head. "Probably not good things," he mumbled.

"If you're looking for my mom, she's this way," the girl said impatiently. Nathan liked this girl already.

"I'm coming," he shook his head, followingher.

23 Reviews

Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:56 am
Chupatoasta says...

Sophie sighed exhasperatedly at Prince Nathaniel, who was looking around their small home. "Her room is over here Mister." Sophie's small hands clamped over the handle and she turned her arms to turn the handle, the door creaking open. "Mommy, Prince Nathaniel is here!" She sang, dancing into her mother's room.

Her mother winced as she sat us slowly, pulling on the headrest behind her to sit up. Prince Nathaniel walked in, and a wide smile decorated her sickly pale face. "Hello Nathaniel. I hope you excuse the mess, Sophie had a few friends over." She smiled weakly.

"Hello Ma'am." Nathan smiled softly, setting the food on the bedside table.

"How is your mother? Not to annoyed at my Dylan is she? Speaking of Dylan, how is she working? Hard I hope."
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:59 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

"Oh, of course," Nathan smiled. He was sort of hoping to avoid the whole Dylan conversation. He wasn't going to tell her what happened with her, but it still made conversation awkward.

"Oh, there is the ball," Nathan smiled. "See, I invited her to attend. Don't worry, there is the matter of dresses, but our friend Melissa will help with that."

"A ball?" Sophie asked, eyes wide. "She's going to the ball?"

"Well, I invited her. I'm not sure that she would go though," he laughed. "She didn't seem to eager about it."

Dylan's mother nodded. Nathan turned his attention on her. He wanted to make sure she was comfortable. Just the way about her seemed to know she was dying...

"How are you doing?" He asked her. "Anything I can do?"

23 Reviews

Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:34 pm
Chupatoasta says...

*Sorry, I've been uber busy the past couple days with football games and basketball practice. OH MY GOD, I just had a great idea, what if Dylan's father isn't really dead, but her brother knew some people that held him captive and he escapes?!!! :D I like it, but if you don't that's cool. It won't be for a while since he won't enter until Dylan's mother is on the borderline of death.Ooh, and since he was the duke he can take his place rightfully from his son! :D Also, when is the ball?*

Dylan's mother, Ida, laughed softly at the thought of Prince Nathaniel waiting on her, or anyone of lower class for that matter. "No I'm fine." She smiled slightly, a series of harsh coughs wracking her body. "I-I've been in this pradicament for quite a while, so don't you worry anything for it."

"Mama, I want to go to the ball with Dylly!" Sophie whined, causing Ida to laugh-cough a couple times.

"No, you're much to young. Go eat some breakfast." She motioned to the platter and Sophie pouted, stomping over. "Thank you, for everything you've done for me... and Dylan."
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:19 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

**No! I like it too. (: Also, the ball could be in a few days (?) I don't know. You tell me. lol.**

Nathan smiled sadly. "Unfortunately, it seems I haven't done enough," he replied. "I was with Dylan and she told me...well, she told me a little bit about what happened with your family. I can't believe something that horrible ever happened here."

Dylan's mother shook her head sadly. "You were nothing but a toddler when that happened. If it's what I'm assuming she told you," she smiled kindly. "Sometimes there's just nothing you can do about those type of things."

Nathan pursed his lips. "Well, when I get the throne, I'll make sure I find a way to do something about it. I won't let that sort of thing happen here," he replied, angrily.

Nathan looked outside. It was starting to get late. "Excuse me, I have to go. Mother will get worried. I apologize," he nodded. "I'll have to come vist you again."

He gave a slight bow, grinning at her, knowing how ironic it must look, and left.

23 Reviews

Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:48 am
Chupatoasta says...

"Oh Nathan!" Ida shouted after him the best she could, his head soon appearing in the doorway once again. "I do have a request, if you don't mind." She smiled kindly, the amount of life left in her visible through her eyes.

"Not at all ma'am." Nathan smiled, stepping in.

"Take care of Dylan. Please," she smiled.

*Okay... so I am like... dead right now*
George Bernard Shaw

54 Reviews

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:01 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Agreed. We need more drama. What do you say we do a time skip after this and to the night of the ball? ^_^**

Nathan nodded. "I will try. She seems like a truly good person. Though, I'm not sure how well of a job I will do," he frowned. "Even if she would let me."

Dylan's momsmiled. "If you're talking about how independent she is, I know what you mean."

Nathan nodded. "Though it's nice to see a girl who will speak for herself instead of letting someone else do it for her."

Nathan nodded to Ida again and exited quickly, just in time to hear his mother's yelling. Oh joy.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases...
— John Keats