z

Young Writers Society

Tough Love ~Chup and TNC's~

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun May 09, 2010 4:33 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Katherine heaved in pain as the doctor pressed down on her lower stomach gently, causing her to slap his hand away in fear of him hurting the baby. She saw the nurse walk over to Stone, and keened her ears to hear what she's saying. "-have to step out-" was all she got out of the short spat. Stone shot her a fleeting, terrorfied, and worried glance before striding out of the room and pulling his cell phone out.

"Nurse, get an IV and an ultrasound ordered, put some sedative in the IV, just so she'll be out of pain." The nurse nodded and quickly found a generous vein on Katherine's arm, shoving in the needle and injecting some yellow-ish liquid. Katherine laid her head back against the pillow, her eyes slowly closing as everything faded to black.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue May 11, 2010 1:12 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Stone walked back and forth in the hallway not knowing what to do to stay busy. Katherine was in there, alone and in pain.

"STONE!" He heard her mom's voice before he saw her. "Where is my baby?" She asked tears in her eyes. He motioned to the room.

"They won't tell me whats going on." He said softly as he looked donw.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2010 3:51 am
Chupatoasta says...

"You're fine, but the baby's unfortunatly, dead. The umbilicle cord was wrapped around the developing fetus' neck, and when it was delivered, it was a stillborn." The doctor's eyes were lifeless as he turned and walked out of the room.
Katherine sat up in her hospital bed, breathing hard. Her hand went to her stomach, eyes wide when she realized nothing was wrong. The nurse smiled when she looked at her. "Glad to see you're awake. There seems to be nothing wrong, you're just having major labor pains."

"There's something wrong though." Katherine spoke, almost robotically.

"What is it?" The nurse seemed alarmed.

"Please, check the baby again, make sure there's no chance of the cord wrapping around its neck, please!" Katherine pleaded, looking at the nurse, who nodded and hurried out of the room to get the doctor, right passed Stone, his family, Katherine's family, and half the school that was all seated around the various waiting rooms.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 1:47 am
TNCowgirl says...

Stone looked in at Katherine and started to try and slip in, again, but yet again the massive male nurse blocked his way.

"Please stay out here." He said. Stone frowned and clinched his jaw going back to pacing back and forth waiting to hear what was going on. He needed to know that she was ok!
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Sat May 15, 2010 6:54 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Katherine leaned back with the nurse's hand on her shoulder as the nurse squirted some cold gel onto Katherine's barely showing stomach, moving the little instrument around Katherine's abdomen. Katherine watched the screen, eyes wide as a black and white picture appeared. "There's the heart beat, but the fetus is still much to small to see clearly." The nurse smiled. "Your baby seems perfectly heal-" The nurse suddenly gasped, and dripped the instument to the ground, running out of the room once again, freaking Katherine out.

Ten seconds later, the doctor was hovering over her, looking at the ultra-sound intently. "I see it, yes." He sighed, and looked down at Katherine with sad eyes. "I'm afraid, for your and your baby's safety, we're going to have to hold you in the hospital until the baby gets situated, away from its umbelicle cord." With a sigh of relief, Katherine laid her head back.

Had that dream been God's way of telling her to make sure? "Thank you doctor." She breathed.

"Anything for a young patient like you. Would you like me to tell your parents, and the young man who brought you in?" Katherine nodded slowly, and right after the doctor walked out, Stone flew in, not listening to what Doc was saying.

"Are you alright, love?" He asked, concern laced in his voice. Katherine nodded slowly, and soon found her voice again.

"I've got to stay for a little bit." She admitted.

Stone's hand gripped her's in comfort, bringing her fingers to his lips and kissing them softly before lightly kissing her lips. Suddenly, Katherine's mother let out a broken wail from the waiting room, while her father screamed in rage, others gasping.

"Doc told them about the baby?" Katherine stated, sounding more like a question. Stone, hugging her small frame to his body, nodded.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Wed May 19, 2010 1:42 am
TNCowgirl says...

Stone took a deep breath as he held her close. He didn't want her to take any chances that could harm her or their baby.

"I love you." He whispered against her hair.

"I know, I love you too." She sighed.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Wed May 19, 2010 2:02 am
Chupatoasta says...

Katherine felt tears pool down her cheeks. She sniffed, and nuzzled into Stone's chest. "I love you so much," she squeeked, looking up at him before hiccuping, she blushed and her eyes filled with tears again. "Promise you won't leave me," she whimpered, looking up at him sincerely. "I'm broken, I know, but please don't leave me, no matter what."
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2010 2:02 am
TNCowgirl says...

Stone looked at her surprised. "Baby, I'm not going to leave you. Nothing will ever make me leave you!" He said stroking her face. "I love you so much, I couldn't live without you." He felt her snuggle closer to him and he kissed the top of her head. "I'm not going anywhere."
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:52 am
Chupatoasta says...

"Get away from my daughter!" Katherine gasped as her father roared the words, storming into the room. "How dare you impregnate my Katherine!" Stone stood suddenly, his hands up. Katherine's mother ran in after her dad, tugging on her father's arm.

"Stop this! It isn't his fault! It was an accident!" Her mother screeched, Katherine screaming loudly when her father's fist made contact with Stone's jaw.

"Daddy, stop!" Katherine screamed, her father suddenly stopping. He looked over at her, and his eyes softened at the worried gaze his little girl was shooting the young man sprawled across the ground. Reluctantly, her father let his hand dangle before Stone.

"Alright, I'm sorry. I overreacted." Her father sighed, offering Stone a hand up.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:10 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Stone took his hand and stood up rubbing his throbbing jaw. He looked over at Katherine and she bit her lower lip. He didn't want her dad mad at him. "I'm sorry, sir." He said softly.

"We'll call it even." He replied. Stone nodded and looked at Katherine who smiled just a little.
Want a Readers crit???

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
— Groucho Marx