z

Young Writers Society

The Red Vine

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:52 pm
Ellyphant says...

My character-Julene Alice Ryans-Daughter of Ettabell and Shaun Ryans.
Appearance- Image

Age-16

I was so freaking exhausted. I walked in and Daddy was standing in the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I asked putting down my shoulder bag and kicking off my shoes.

"Pick up your crap and put it where it belongs, Julene." I shrugged and picked it up and threw it down the open door to the basement. I heard it roll down the stairs and knocked over something. I flinched.

"Heh, oops." Daddy looked at me and shook his head.

"Where have you been?"

"Well first, I went to store. Then, I bumped into Harald and his new friend Rory or something like that. I talked to them and left. Went to the post office and flirted with the new mail boy. Left there and went on that trail walk, you know what I'm talking about, daddy?" He nodded. "Well, I walked on that and picked a bouquet of flowers and stopped by some place deadicated to some dude named Love and I put the flowers down, and walked home, and asked you what you were doing, and dropped my crap down the stairs, and then gave you this really long reply to your little question that will end...wait...now," I said nodding my head and smiling. He laughed.

"You look so much like your mother it's not even funny," he said. I hopped up on the counter.

"Speaking of mother, how long has she been blind?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Since the christmas that her parents split up. Her father and uncle had issues and her mom was a pshycopath. Haven't I told you this already?" he asked. I nodded.

"Only a million times. And it's the same answer. I'm bored. Can I have a cell phone?" I asked. He looked at me.

"I don't see why not. How much money do you need?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I want a plan, too," I said. He nodded.

"I'll take you tomorrow."

"Cool. Thanks. Bye," I said getting back up and running down to my room which was the basement....just because I like it and I have my own door.
Last edited by Ellyphant on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're more than wonderful
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

-Love of My Life, Brian McKnight.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:10 pm
TNCowgirl says...

My character-Rory Lightening- He's kinda like a fallen angel, except he was sent down to earth, he's not quiet sure why.
Appearance- http://wayw.deviantart.com/art/HOT-GUY-2-91143516 :P

Age-18

Rory leaned against the tree across from where the girl had gone. Something about her drew him to her, he wasn't sure what. He narrowed his eyes as he watched her talking to who he guessed was her father. He was looking through the walls as he tuned his ears to listen.

"Well first, I went to store. Then, I bumped into Harald and his new friend Rory or something like that. I talked to them and left. Went to the post office and flirted with the new mail boy. Left there and went on that trail walk, you know what I'm talking about, daddy?" Her dad nodded. "Well, I walked on that and picked a bouquet of flowers and stopped by some place deadicated to some dude named Love and I put the flowers down, and walked home, and asked you what you were doing, and dropped my crap down the stairs, and then gave you this really long reply to your little question that will end...wait...now," She said nodding her head and smiling.

"You look so much like your mother it's not even funny," her dad said. She jumped up on the counter.

"Speaking of mother, how long has she been blind?" She asked. Her dad shrugged.

"Since the christmas that her parents split up. Her father and uncle had issues and her mom was a pshycopath. Haven't I told you this already?" her dad asked. SHe nodded.

"Only a million times. And it's the same answer. I'm bored. Can I have a cell phone?" She asked. Her dad looked at her.

"I don't see why not. How much money do you need?" Her dad asked. She shrugged.

"I want a plan, too," She said. Her dad nodded.

"I'll take you tomorrow."

"Cool. Thanks. Bye,"

Rory frowned, her mom was blind, and her dad was obviously a vampire. Rory's eyes narrowed, so that was why she didn't seem human, but he couldn't pin point what she was. His phone buzzed and he opened it.

"Ya?" He answered.

"Dude, you want to hang out tonight?" It was Harald.

"Sure, you think that girl woudl want to come, you know the one you introduced me to?" He asked.

"I'll call her and ask, you like her, I knew it!"

"I just want to get to know her better, that's it. DOn't go jumping to conclusions. She seemed, different."

"No joke, if you ever meet her dad....boy he still sends chills down my spine, dude he looks as old as us. Her mom too. Her mom is blind though. If I believed in vampires and the likes, I'd say they were vamps. But seriously, her dad gives me the creeps. He's scary."

"I believe you. What time you want me to meet you and where?" He asked.

"How about the park around 6ish."

"Sounds good to me."
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:32 pm
Ellyphant says...

*Dude...he's friggin sexy*

My table phone rang. I picked it up.

"Ya?" I said in a french tone.

"Hey. Wanna go out tonight?" It was Harald. I laughed.

"Harald, I'm flattered. But, you know I don't like you like that. We've been through this before," I laughed. He did, too.

"Damn. Actually, you remember Rory?"

"The hot one you were hanging out with today? Yes. Why?" I asked.

"He said that he has this huge thing for you and that he wants to do stuff."

"Um, ew."

"Ha! Just kidding. He actually said that he wanted to get to know you better. Kay? Tonight at the park around sixish."

"Okay. Cool. I'll be there a few minutes before, bye," I said hanging up.

"Daddy!" I yelled running up the stairs. He came down the upstairs stairs half way.

"What?"

"Can I ask mom something?"

"Sure. I'll stay down here," he said coming down the rest of the way. I walked up and eased moms door open.

"Mommy?" I asked.

"Come on in, baby," she said. I walked in and she was sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Can I go with Harald? This evening?" I asked sitting next to her.

"And Rory?" She asked smiling. I nodded. She did too.

"Sure. Go ahead. I like Rory. He sounds better than Harald," she said tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Thank you, mama," I said kissing her forehead. I walked out and grabbed my shoulder bag leaving through the back door. It was five, but I wanted to go to the diner and get something to eat.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:42 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(((Whats with Ettabell? And isn't he! Gosh I wish I could find a guy that looks like that. :P MY ex was close. Stupid boy didn't know what he was giving up thogugh :P hehehehehe. And yes I do)))

After hanging up wtih Harald Rory went to the closest cafe. He was hungry, the one bad thing about being on earth, he needed to eat.

"What can I get you hun?" The waitress asked.

"How about a hamburger, fries, and a dr. pepper?" He smiled at her.

"Sure thing." She walked back to the back and started getting his stuff. Rory could feel the emotions of everyone in the room. It wasn't to over whelming so he didn't shut them off.

"Hey!" he heard someone say next to him. He turned and looked up, it was her.

"Oh, hi." He smiled. "Want to join me?" She sat down across from him and her eyes narrowed a little as she looked him over. He just sat there, he felt like she could see into his soul though, not that that was bad, he just wasn't used to the feeling.

"Rory, right?" She asked.

"Ya, I'm bad with names, whats yours again?" He asked, even though he remembered it.

"Julene Alice Ryans." She replied wtih a smile.

"Jar." He replied with a teasing laugh.

*:p*
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:58 pm
Ellyphant says...

I laughed. "Yah...Are you going to meet Harald at the park, too?" I asked already knowing the answer. He was very clean. And something about him made him different. He smelled delicous, though. I tried to guess what cologne he was wearing, but none came to mind.

"Yeah, are you going too?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yupp. He called a few minutes ago. And I got hungry so came over here and bumped into you...do you get a lot of girls?" I asked.

"What?"

"Do you?" I asked smiling.

"I don't know," he said.

"Oh, are you gay?" I asked.

"No!" He said. I laughed.

"Okay. Just wondering." I said looking up at the waitress who had his food.

"Would like something, hun?" She asked.

"No ma'am. I'm not hungry," I said. SHe nodded and went to the next table.

"Liar. You told me you were," he said. I smiled.

"What can I say? The smell of this place just fills me up." I looked at my watch. It was 5:30 already.
"Oh"

"What?" he asked.

"It's 5:30," I said. He made a funny 'I'm Late' face and put a twenty on the table. I got up and headed out. He was right behind me.
"Following me now?" I said smiling.

"Ha, you wish. I wonder what Harald wants to do at the park?" he asked. I giggled.

"He has a weird way of thinking so who knows. I guess we'll find out," I said walking a little farster.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:13 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Are you trying to leave me behind, cause if you don't want to walk with me, you just gotta say so." HE replied matching her pace easily.

"No, I just don't want to be late." She replied smiling. He nodded and kept pace with her easily. When they got to the park Harald was swinging on one of the swings. Rory walked over and jumped on another one of the swings as did Jar. (I think I'ma call her that, unless you dont' want me to)

"So, whats the plan?" Rory asked.

"Don't know." Harald replied.

"Liar." Jar laughed.

"So?" Harald got higher then jumped off the swing landing a few feet away and then turning around and looking at them. "How about we cause trouble?"
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:32 pm
Ellyphant says...

"What kind of trouble? It can't be really bad because of daddy," I said kind of scared of what troube he was wanting to cause.

"Well, the only trouble I can think about right now is Violation of the bridge! I have the spray cans in that bush over there." He said. I nodded.

"Sounds fun." I said. I looked over at Rory.

"Eh, I don't know. What if we get caught?" I gave him a dead look.

"Dude, Harald won't let us get caught. He's done this a million times. Come on," I wined pouting out my lower lip. He nodded. "Yes," I said. Harald got up and we did the same and we each grabbed a can. It wasn't that long of a walk to the bridge if we cut through the woods so that's what we did. We had fun on our way over there. We talked and laughed. Then, we reached the bridge. Harald decided that he was going to do his name really big and I decided that I was going to do a mural. Rory just watched me.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:43 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Rory watched her for a while. "Come on, dude, paint something." Harald said. He nodded and grabbed a can. He started spraying a picture of two people sitting under a tree with a dog running around them. He'd seen the image in his head over and over again, never really able to figure out why. When he finished he stepped back and nodded, perfect.

"Nice." Harald smiled. "Put your initals at the bottom." He put RL at the bottom with the L lookign like a lightening bolt. He looked over at Jar's mural and just stared.

"That's beautiful." He said. She was looking at his those.

"Why'd you paint that?" She asked.

"I don't know, just what I wanted to do." He shrugged.

***I was thinking it could be Sean and Ettabell back at the begining of Crimson Passion. :P ***
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:58 pm
Ellyphant says...

*Right when I saw what he had drawn I was like holy schmokes its Ettabell and Shaun and Life*

"Oh, well that looks just like the picture my mom ppainted of her and daddy and a dog that she had one time. His name was Life...until he died," I said.

"Seriously?" He asked. I nodded and then he started staring at me real hard like he had just realized something.

"Checking me out, Rory?" I giggled. He nodded.

"You could say that," he smiled. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. Harald looked over and smiled the toothiest smile and it was so cute.

"I'm happy you guys like eachother," He said still smiling. We both looked at him and looked at eachother. I giggled.

"What?" Rory asked.

"You have paint on your cheek," I said. "Here I'll get it," I said rubbing it off with my sleeve. Luckily it was still pretty wet so it came off easily.

"Want to go swimming?" Harald asked. I looked at him.

"Sure. I have a tank and a pair of shorts in my bag," I said.

"Why?" Rory questioned. I smiled.

"I'm friends with Harald I have to be prepared," I said. I went behind this big bush and changed. I came out right when Rory took off his shirt. I almost fainted right there. He was so nicely carved. Harald took off his and it was Harald's stomach that I've seen only a million times. We walked into the woods to where the river was and jumped in.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:09 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Rory jumped in the water letting it wash over him. He had heard teh names Ettabell and Sean before. IT was when he was evesdropping on something his dad was saying. Their daughter was the key to everything. He surfaced and saw her climbed out and stand up on a rock her clothes clinging to her body. She had all the right curves. HE averted his eyes, then looekd back when she jumped. He frowned, screw the rules, they'd stuck him down here without explanation. She surfaced and he laughed as she coughed a little.

"Land wrong?" he asked swimming over and around her.

"a tad." She replied with a smile. "I don't see you jumping." He swam to the shore and climbed out with her behind him. They climbed up to the top and looked down, Harald was below them smiling.

"Watch this." He jumped off doing two twists before diving perfectly into the water and surfacing.
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:18 pm
Ellyphant says...

"Holy crap! Were you ever a diver?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I'm just flexible," he said. I giggled.

"Oh. Well, I'm just going to do a lame cannonball," I said holding my nose and jumping in. I came back up and rubbed my eyes. I turned around and my face was inches away from Rory's.

"Oops, sorry," I said laughing.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:24 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Rory smiled and looked at her lips, then her eyes. "No problem, not a bad cannon ball." He smiled.

He moved to where his lips were right next to her ears. "Watch this." He ducked under the water and climbed back up to the top. He faced backwards before pushing off and twisting around landing right in front of her.

*Oy, I gotta go to teh store, be back soon, might be an hour, might be 1/2 i dont' know*
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:00 pm
Ellyphant says...

*Okay....I miss you already :lol: *

I smiled. "Will you teach me how to do that one day?" I asked. He nodded. He picked his hand up out of the water and brushed a piece of hair out of my face. He started to lean in when Harald splashed us both. I turned around and splashed him, too. He smiled really big.

"You two haven't even been around eachother very long and he's already getting a boner over you," he said laughing. I splashed him again.

"Harald! Don't be so nasty," I said. He laughed.

"Sorry. I'm just saying. Oh, Rory, you're lucky dude. Julene never lets anyone even touch her. She has the hots for you," he said. I splashed him again. And again....and one more time.

"Shut-up, Harold!" I turned around to Rory. "He's lying. Harold's a liar," I said kind of stuttoring. He chuckled.

"Uh-huh," he said.

"Yeah, it's getting late. I should get going," I said lifting myself out of the water.

"Yeah I think I might swim home," Harold said. Rory looked at me.

"Can I walk you home?" he asked.

"Sure. I don't see why not. Unless, Harold's already told you how scary my dad is," I said laughing.

"Dude, he is!" Harold yelled. I shook my head.

"I'm not scared of dad's," he said lifting himself out of the water. I looked behind him and Harold was already on the other side walking off. I looked back at Rory's stomach.

"Can I...touch you?" I asked. He looked at me.

"Only if I get to touch you," he said. I nodded and put my fingertips on his stomach and finally my whole hand. It was so hard, but there was a certain softness about it. He put his hands on my hips and came really close. He was breathing on me, that's how close he was. He kissed my cheek and let go walking to get his shirt and his jeans.

"Come on," he said holding out his hand. I took it and grabbed my shoulder bag and put it on.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:53 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(((Sorry, it took longer, I'd've been back on time if that stupid lady from the bank wasn't such a goody goody and wouldn't let me withdraw money from MY bankaccount cause I'm not 18. I do it all the time and no one has a problem with it. She had to call my mom and talk to her for like 20 minutes before she let me get any out. :@ )))

Rory started down the path with her as they walked towards her house. "Just let me know if I'm going the wrong way." He smiled down at her.

"Ok. So far so good." She replied with a smile.

"So why is Harald so scared of your dad?" He asked.

"Well, daddy is a little..........protective." She replied with a smile. Rory smiled. "There is the house. They walked up to the front pourch and she opened the door pulling him inside.

"Dad, mom, I'm home." She called. Her dad appeared from another room his eyes narrowing at Rory.

"Who is this?" He asked walking over.

"This is Rory, Rory this is my dad." Jar replied.

"Nice to meet you." Rory smiled sticking his free hand out. The man looked at it then him. Rory knew he knew what Rory was. He took his hand and shook it.

"Uh huh." After they let go of hands Sean crossed his arms and looked at Rory's other hand which still clasped Jar's hand.
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:05 pm
Ellyphant says...

"Julene, do you mind excusing me and Rory?" He asked. I nodded letting go and giving him an assuring look. I walked over to daddy and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Don't scare him away. I like him," I whispered. I stepped away and started up the stairs, but I stopped half-way.

"All the way, Alice!" I giggled when he called me that.

"Yes, Chesire," I said. I went up all the way, but I still listened from the top of the stairs. Mom came out and sat next to me.

"So, why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself, Rory?" Daddy asked.

Mom looked at me. "Got yourself a good one. I can sense it," she said. I smiled.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
— Andrew Carnegie