z

Young Writers Society

The Red Vine

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:25 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

"I'm not the one that only thinks of myself. If I had my way and I could convince my stupid heart to I'd be out of here faster then you'd know it. I don't know what happened to you, but you're not Jar anymore. She wasn't as selfcentered as you are. It's probably only the fact that I'm hoping she comes back that I'm even bothering to stay around while you walk all over me taking every jab you can." He shook his head. "But I don't even know if you give a damn!" He took a deep breath and sighed. "I miss the old you, the one that cared."
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:39 pm
Ellyphant says...

I turned my head just enough to where he could hear me.
"If you miss her so much, go back to where you came from. Go cry to your God," I said. I huffed and walked away briskly, the tears biting the edge of my eye. As I came to my door I heard someone behind me. I thought it would be Rory, but as I turned I realized it wasn't. It was Harald.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I shrugged and sniffed making the tears go back to where they came from.
"I'm...I'm fine," I said sighing.
"I know when you're lying to me," he said stuffing his hands in his jean pockets.
I sighed and invited him in. He went in and I followed closing the door behind me.
"Want to stay for dinner?" I asked. He grinned his cute toothy smile and I giggled. I walked up the stairs into the living room. Daddy was sitting on the couch.
"Do you mind if Harald stays for dinner?" Daddy looked at me and chuckled.
"Is he too scared to ask me himself?"
"Daddy, don't pick on him tonight. He's been through something that broke his little heart since I have last seen him," I whispered just barely.
"Oh...then yes, sure. I'll go tell your mother. I presume Rory isn't coming by tonight," he said softly. I looked down.
"I don't know. He doesn't know who I am anymore," I said starting to walk away. I paused and said to myself, "The sad thing is, neither do I." I walked down the stairs and Harald was laying on my bed with his arms behind his head like he used to do. I giggled.
"Glad you can make yourself at home here," I said. He looked up and smiled. I walked towards him and he scooted over.
"Lay down," he said. So I did. Then it was as if today never happend. We talked like we used to. We were best friends, but closer. I liked my life this way.

We were called up for dinner and we sat next to eachother like we used to. I barely touched my dinner because Harald was talking to me and I talked back. He made it all the way to a second helping of desert. He was so skinny. He could eat all he wanted and not gain a single ounce. Mother looked happy. Her and daddy were holding hands and watching Harald and I. When it was time for him to leave, I walked him to the bottom of the porch steps.

"Gosh, I've missed you so much," he said tucking a piece of loose hair behind my ear.
"You've changed, Harald."
"I've matured, if that's what you mean," he replied. There was a moment of silence and he kissed my cheek. He waved as he started down the drive way. I smiled and waved back.

A few minutes went by before I decided to head inside the house. I took my door in and collapsed in my bed. I let go a big breath and started to think of what my decision was. I had no idea what I was going to tell that lady. You can always kill her. Then you wouldn't have to give an answer. I jumped up. Why was I thinking that? You can have your own side. Just do as you please. Doesn't that sound tempting, Julene?
You're more than wonderful
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

-Love of My Life, Brian McKnight.

110 Reviews

Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:56 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Rory stood outside of Jar's house ever since she stormed off. He closed his eyes doing his best not to explode, his heart feeling like it had been ripped from his chest. Shaun came out after he knew Julene was asleep.

"You could've come in." He said leaning against the house next to Rory.

"No, I don't think I'm welcome anymore." He replied as he took a deep breath. "I should've known better, my job was to protect her from anyone. Guess I got carried away."

"No one can choice who, when, where, or how their heart choices someone, when it does there isn't anything you can do about it." Shaun replied. "Julene is trying to figure it all out, give her time."

"Time won't change anything." Rory said taking a deep breath. "Not for me at least, I don't have time."

"You've all the time in the world. Everyone will be fine in the end, I know it." Shaun replied. Rory shook his head.

"No, I've very little time. Thanks." Rory replied before jumping into the air his wings spreading out and carrying him away. He circled back and landed on the roof listening to Jar sleeping. He wanted to go lay next to her and hold her close, but she wouldn't let him. He laid back and letting a tear slip down his face, what had happened since he nearly died to make her not love him anymore? What had he done? He'd end up dying for her, and she wouldn't care cause she wouldn't notice. He swallowed hard and took a deep breath, he'd die for her over and over if he had to do so to protect her.
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:13 pm
Ellyphant says...

"Julene, Julene, lovely Julene. Where did you go?"
"I'm here, Deadlove."
"Why, hello there. I have missed you terribly. Why did you leave me?"
"I-I'm not sure. I'm sorry."
"Have you thought out the problem you are facing? You will eventually have to choose a side. Sooner than you think. Only six more hours before she comes to collect you."
"Collect me? Whatever do you mean? She only needs an answer."
"That's what she wants, but that's not what you are going to give her, is it Julene?"

I woke up with a gasp and looked over to my alarm clock. 3:42 it read. I sat up and breathed in heavily. As the dream, or the convorsation between me and Deadlove started to all comeback to me, I became worried. What if he was right? What if I don't give her what he's looking for and she takes me as a prisoner or something...or worse...what if she kills me? That would be just plain awful. What would happen? I had so many questions that needed answers. I just didn't know where to find them.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:51 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Rory watched as the hours ticked by. He heard Julene wake up and he itched to go down and talk to her. He ran a hand over his face and took a deep breath, she didn't want him around, she'd made that clear enough. He finally spread out his wings and fluttered down to the door towards her room. He took a deep breath about to knock when he froze, that smell! He spun around and was staring at the woman that Julene had been talking to before.

"You won't mess this up for me!" She hissed. "I won't let you."

"What makes you think I can do any such thing?" He replied looking at her and hoping Julene stayed inside.

"Because you love her, and you want to keep her safe, only way to do that is to keep her from it all." She replied moving towards him. "But you know just as well as I do that she'll be the death of you, no matter which side she choices you're going to die. That's how it's to be."

"I won't die by your hand." He growled.

"No, you won't." She replied as she moved closer. "That's a pleasure I'm not allowed, see someone has already claimed you for their own kill, I have to follow that lead. You're time is ticking away. Leave the girl alone, live for the last few hours you have, this isn't your problem."

"It's my problem, I love Julene I'm not about to abandon her no matter how far she pushes me away. NOthing you or anyone else say can keep me from protecting her from anyone and everyone." He growled. "So leave!"
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:14 am
Ellyphant says...

I heard racket outside my door. I tip-toed to the door and thrust it open only to see Rory's back. He turned around and looked down to his feet scratching his head.
"Uhm-" I interupted him by wrapping my arms around his waist and burying my face into his chest.

"I'm sorry. I truly am. I love you, Rory. I never meant to hurt you," I managed to say on one breath of air. I felt his arms slowly snake their way around my torso. We hugged for a few minutes and I finally let go pulling on his hand lightly as I backed my way back into my room. He closed the door behind him and we kissed. I don't know what he was thinking. I don't know what I was thinking. I just know that for one millisecond the earth seemed to skip a heartbeat when our lips touched.

*All I got :(*
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:59 pm
TNCowgirl says...

**That's fine**

Rory held her close as he rested his head on top of her's breathing in deeply. "I love you too, Julene, so much." He said kissing the top of her head and then her lips again. Even if she would only think this way for a little while, he'd take what he could. She pulled him to the bed where she laid down and pulled him down next to her pulling him close her head on his chest. He rubbed her back holding her close knowing it was possible he might never get to hold her again. He took a deep breath as she snuggled closer to him.

"I'm really sorry." She whispered against his chest.

"Don't worry, I was harsh." He replied stroking her head.

"I'm scared." She said snuggling closer. He pulled her close and took a deep breath. I am too. I don't want to die. He thought.

"Don't be, everything will be just fine." He replied holding her closer. "You'll be just fine."

You won't. He heard a voice say in his head.

Can I not have peace? He hissed back at it. Deadlove's face appeared in his mind.

Only reason I haven't killed you yet is that you don't have a side in this fight. I don't want you getting in my way. Deadlove growled back.

I'll get in your way if your way means she gets hurt. He replied back firmly. Until I die I will protect her.

Touche. It'll all be over soon. With that Deadlove was gone. Rory could hear Julene's even breathing and he sighed, she was asleep, she needed her sleep. He heard something outside and he frowned carefully getting up to keep from waking Julene. He walked outside and looked around.

"You're done here, Rory." A huge angel said walking out of the dark.

"No, I'm not done until I know she is safe, she is anything but that right now." He replied his fists clenching.

"She will join our side or we'll make her." The angel growled back.

"That is her choice, no one can make it for her!" Rory replied. "You won't hurt her."

"Just cause you're a protector doesn't mean you can beat an angel." The angel replied. Rory froze. "That's right, you're not an angel and you're not a demon. Kinda inbetween. I feel sorry for you, protectors never make it."

"Leave!" Rory hissed.

"Don't worry, I will." The angel smiled before vanishing. Rory hurried back inside laying next to Julene holding her close. He wasn't an angel? How was that, he had been raised with the angels how could he not be an angel? What is a protector? He had so many questions now, he just wanted the answers. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, it didn't matter he'd just have to follow his instinct.

*SO! I know how it's going to work, how he is going to die and be back. :D I've got it all planned out now it's perfect. :D Ok, so we continue on. :D*
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:29 pm
Ellyphant says...

I stretched as I began to open my eyes slowly. I felt Rory loosen his hold that he had on me around my waist. I loved him so much. I looked at the clock and turned to him.

"Happy birthday, Jar," he said smiling. I grinned and puckered my lips waiting for him to lean down and kiss me.

*I can't concentrate today. Way too much noise and...halloween-nessness going on XD*
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:19 am
TNCowgirl says...

***I wish I could do halloween-ness. Parents don't allow it. :@ ***

Rory pulled her close and kissed her softly. He was about to tell her he loved her when there was a knock at the door. He got up and walked to the door opening it. Harald stood there with flowers and a smile which faded a little when he saw Rory standing there.

"Uh, is Julene here?" He asked.

"Yeah, come on in." He said opening the door more.

*OY*
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:17 am
Ellyphant says...

Harald had a bouquet of Chrysanthemums, my favorite flower, in his hand and a wrapped box in the other.

"Harald," I said excitedly. "Come on in. I wasn't expecting to see you today." He shrugged a little and he pushed gently past Rory.

"You're my best friend," he grinned. "Why would I not show up on my best friend's birthday? Here," he said handing me the fresh, red flowers. I took them in my hands gently and took a big whiff of the scent. I loved the smell of chrysanthemums. It was sweetly bitter.

"Thank you," I replied smiling widely. He smirked.
"It was no big deal. Uh, your present...I was thinking you could open it when you eat your cake today," he said glancing towards the stairs. I nodded and he sprinted up the steps heading into the kitchen.

"Wasn't that sweet of him?" I asked Rory taking out the summer daisies from the teal vase replacing them with my new birthday flowers. I smelled them once more.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:14 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Rory nodded, "Yes it way." He replied as he looked at the flowers. He followed her up the stairs his hand on her back as they walked. WHen they got up there he wrapped his arms around her waist kissing the top of her head as her parents walked in the room smiling.

"Rory, you're back! I'm so glad." Ettabell smiled.

"I had some business to attend to." HE smiled towards her. "But I should be back for good now." Least til I die. He thought.

"Good, I'm glad you are. It makes me feel better to know you're back protecting my baby again." Ettabell repleid walking to Sean and wrapping her arms around his waist.

"I never stopped." He replied.
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:00 am
Ellyphant says...

I glanced over to Harald who was hanging his head.
"Happy birthday, my little princess," daddy boomed as he came in with Envy at his heels. I spread my arms waiting for him to hug me, but instead, he said, "I need to talk with you, alone." I nodded and turned towards Mom turning the boys towards the front door. My dog followed them out.
As soon as the door closed behind them, I turned to daddy and looked into his eyes.

"What is it, daddy? What's wrong?"
"If you hurt your mother, you will be sorry. If I see the slightest change in your personality, it will result in your leaving this house. Do you understand me?"

I couldn't open my mouth. My father, my own daddy, had just not only threatened, but told me I couldn't change. After a few minutes had passed, I felt a knot in my stomach and for the first time...I back talked him seriously.

"I will leave when I want, too. Lucky for you, that's today. Since, you have the nerve to talk to your own daughter like that, don't bother ever looking for me or calling me yours because I no-longer call you mine, Shaun," and with that, I turned around and stomped down my room steps. I grabbed a duffel bag from the top of my closet and started to empty my drawers.

*All I got. Not so good, but I haven't written in a while.*
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:25 am
TNCowgirl says...

***It's fine. :D ***

Rory looked at Shaun when he walked back in. He'd heard it all. He nodded towards the door and Rory headed down the stairs leaning against the wall as she packed.

"He said it bluntly, but he is only saying that if part of what happens is that you get bi-polar on them that you won't hurt your mom. It's only him trying to let you know, that if you do pick to go off on them that he will protect her first. It's natural, vampires when they fall in love are extremely loyal. They don't tend to have kids so they are only ever fully loyal to one person. You are lucky that he is as protective of you as he is. He's just extremely protective of her." He said.

"It doesn't matter, I'm his daughter!" She growled.

"Yes, but you bring uncertainty to something he has struggled to keep safe. It's nothing agianst you, it's just that it's in his bones to protet her first and he doesn't want to hurt you, so he would rather make you leave then to hurt you." He replied as Harald walked down the stairs.
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:29 am
Ellyphant says...

I saw Harald start down the stairs as I grabbed a few tank tops out of my drawer. I sped towards my bag and tossed them in there and headed to my closet.

"Well, it's a good thing I'm leaving then, huh? Harald, will you toss me a few socks out of that drawer?" I asked pointing to the dresser by the stairs. I looked up to catch them, but he was just staring at me. "Harald, are you deaf?" He shrugged.

"Where ya going to go, Jules? A hotel for a few days? Where ya going to get the money from? Who are you going to run to when you have no where else to go? My house? Nah, my parents are douchers. Rory's? No, because he'll tell your dad that he's found you and you don't want that, right? You can't get very far without any shoes, Julene. At least stay a few more nights, and stay out of their hair so you don't do anything you'll regret. Think out an escape plan before you pry open the exit door, ya know?"

I couldn't do anything but stare at him. I thought Rory was going to say all that, but no. Harald did. I looked at him for a few seconds before nodding my head. He pulled his lips to one side of his face before turning to head back up the stairs. I waited until I heard the basement door close softly.

"Well, he's right. For once in his life, he's right," I said throwing myself onto the bed.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:33 am
TNCowgirl says...

Rory nodded. "Yes, he is right. You are over reacting."

"You are really bad in the comforting area. You'd think for an angel you could be better at it." SHe sniffed.

"I don't know what I"m allowed to do, Jar. I don't know whether or not I'm allowed to comfort you without getting snapped at. I know where your dad is coming from. Early you were telling me that you never wanted to see me again." HE sighed.
Want a Readers crit???

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos