z

Young Writers Society

The Red Vine

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:43 am
Ellyphant says...

*Oh, how I have missed this story!*

"I don't know what the hell my problem is," I whispered. "I'm happy and affectionate one second, and the next I'm pissed off. Maybe I'm bipolar or something. My hormones could be out of whack I guess." I stared at the ceiling while I played with my own hair, Rory keeping his distance as if he was scared to touch me if I didn't do it first.

"Maybe. Or maybe it's stress," he said taking a small step forward stuffing his hands into his pockets. I rolled off the bed and slipped a pair of sandals on.

"I think I want to go for a walk. Feel free to join at any time. I'm just going to be thinking," I said as I closed the door behind me. I looked up and huffed.

I walked for a long time without thinking. I was maybe half a mile out of town. There was nothing in front of me but trees and the road that cut through them smoothly. I didn't know where I was going or when I was going to head back. Maybe I'd turn around when it got close to dinner time. It would take a while to get back, though. Maybe I would turn around way sooner.

*Hey! :D I haven't written in a long time :/ You can probably tell >.< Anyhoo, I'm back, lol. Again.*
You're more than wonderful
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

-Love of My Life, Brian McKnight.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:44 pm
TNCowgirl says...

****YOUR ALIVE!!!!!!! Where have you been!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! I"ve miss you girl!!! ****

Rory followed her at a distance. He would give her a chance to think, but he wasn't going to let her out of his site. He sighed as she just kept walking seemingly without purpose. He missed her, the her he'd fallen in love with. His senses flared with the smell of evil and he moved closer to her.

'Mind if I join you?" He asked softly. She stopped and looked at him nodding before walking again. They walked in silence for a little while, he didn't mind sense something was following them he could pay more attention to it then a converstation.

"What's going on, Rory?" She asked out of the blue. "Why is everything changing right now?"

"I don't know, I wish I did, but I don't." He shrugged and sighed. "If I'd known I was coming down here I'd have asked questions. Which is probably why they didn't tell me."
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:07 pm
Ellyphant says...

*I've missed you too! :D*

I kicked a pine cone and pulled my hands out of my pockets. I slipped my left hand into Rory's. I was always wondering who he was always talking about. They. Who were they?

"Julene...she's here," Deadlove's voice said. I jerked my head around in all different directions. I wasn't sure what "She's here" meant. I had no idea where she was going to come from, or if she was even in human form this time. What if she possessed me or something crazy like that?

"I really have to pee," I whispered. I had been walking for a while. "Come with me?" I asked Rory.

"Uh, sure," he said sort of confused.
"Just face the other way," I said unbuckling my pants. Right before I squatted she came out of thin air. She stared at me. I felt...violated.

*>.<'*
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:05 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Rory hissed when he smelled the lady behind him. He spun around and lunged at her. She quickly evaporated while Jar pulled her pants back up. He stood in front of her his eyes narrowing as he saw the lady show back up in front of them. Rory's jaw clenched as Jar stepped next to him. He didn't want her to think he didn't think she could take care of herself, but he wanted to protect her. Long as she was close to him and not the lady he'd be fine with it.

"Hello again, Rory. Julene." The lady smiled. "Rory can you please excuse us?"

"I don't think so. I'm not about to leave you alone with Julene." He growled at her. "I understand your buisness is only with her and that is fine, but I don't trust you and I will not leave her alone with you unless she wants me to be out of hearing range." He didn't say site range.
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:59 pm
Ellyphant says...

I looked at Rory and nodded. "Out of hearing distance, please." He seemed disappointed and took of into flight after a growl. I turned to the woman.

"You still haven't told me your name," I said. She smirked.
"Call me Jenny." I repeated the name in my head. "I told you if you decided yes...that I would be where you were," she said grinning. I thought for a second before speaking.
"I...decided yes? I told Deadlove no. I told him to tell you no," I said, a lump forming in my throat.
"Well, he told Ol' Lucy yes. He sacrificed you so he could get his body back. What a friend, huh?" She replied. Her pupil's seemed to be dancing in the center of those baby blue eyes.
"W-Why would he...why would he do that? I thought he was su-suppose to protect me."
"Is that what he told you? He's always been famous for his lies. His original task was to kill you so this war never would of started. But he died trying to do that. I guess he knew I'd be told to kill you if you said no...so he messed up the messages. But he got his body back! Oh yeah, he's gorgeous. Going by the name Lovelle now. Still dangerous, but no longer in your head. You don't have to listen to his toxic voice anymore...take my hand," she said reaching her arm out towards me. "You don't want me to kill you," she whispered.
I don't know what possessed me to challenge her. I slapped her hand away quickly.
"I dare you to try," I said hoarsely. She looked at me surprised.
"Your time will come. We'll get you sooner or later. Don't get your hopes up," she said. She then vanished. I stared at the spot where she stood for a few minutes. I didn't know what to do. Turn and head back home or keep walking. I was still processing Deadlove betraying me...or Lovelle now. What a doucher I thought to myself.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:17 am
TNCowgirl says...

Rory could still see them and no matter how he was tempted he wouldn't let himself listen in. When he saw Jar slap Jenny's hand away he tensed ready to go protect her. But then she just disappeared. He flew back and landed next to Jar waiting to see if she said anything. She started walking and Rory just followed, not going to say anything, not going to ask what had happened.

"Deadlove has a body." She said out of the blue. "His name is Lovelle now."

"We'll need to stay on our toes." He replied as he processed the information. Her parents would need to know, but there would be time to worry about that later.
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:02 am
Ellyphant says...

As we approached the road I stopped and stared at the edge of the road that dipped down. It had been eroded into the dirt and pinestraw had strewn itself on the very edge. I looked up and stared at the tops of the trees. I knew I was being distant. It wasn't my fault. I heard a long beep of a car horn. I noticed that the truck honking was Harald's dads. It slowed to a stop and Harald opened the door to the passenger seat.

"Get in! I'm heading to my Uncle's house and your dad was super pissed randomly," Harald yelled over the loud truck motor. Rory looked at me questioningly.

"What? Get in," I said.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:07 am
TNCowgirl says...

Rory got in after Jar did and looked at Harald.

"Say all that again." He said as Jar buckled up and Harald's dad drove off.

"We went to your place to see if you were there. You know your dad freaks me out. Well he was even scarier today. Like he was mad as hell!" Harald said.

"Do you know why?" Jar asked.
Want a Readers crit???

while she was studying the ways of pasta he was studying the ways of the sword
— soundofmind