z

Young Writers Society

Weathering Evil

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:32 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Danny groaned, clutching her head. It was throbbing painfully and hurt even worse when she tried to sit up.

"I see some one's finally woke up," Heston laughed from beside her.

"You," she groaned. "Get away."

"Why?" He asked, smiling now. "Poor Brandon. Alone now. Do you really think he brought you there to protect you, Danny?"

"Yes! To protect me from you," she said, fiercely.

"Why not take you away from here, then?" He asked. "He dosen't care, Danny. He is powerhungry."

Her confidance faltered a little. "Aren't you just the same as him?" She asked, sitting up, clutching her head.

"Me?" He laughed. "You need me Danny. Together, with me, we can get rid of Brandon. He's a pest and has done nothing but confuse you. He's the evil. Not me."

Danny was confused again. She was so sure that Brandon was...well, good. "I don't believe you!" She yelled looking away from him.

Heston grabbed her cheeks in his hand and turned her face to his. "You might want to rethink that, Danny," he whispered. "I am the only thing keeping you alive."

He left the room. She heard him look the door and Danny curled up. She was alone. Heston's prisoner. She was never going to get out of here. Heston obviously wasn't good, but was Brandon. She was almost sure he was but...could he have persuaded her?

Danny groaned as her head started aching again. Where was her brother when she needed him. She shook her head. She knew where he was. Dead...because of her.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

54 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:57 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

"C'mon Danny. You can do better!" Her brother encouraged.

"I can't Adam!" She cried. "There's no way I can get the storm in. It's...it's like I'm blocked."

"Danny," he tutted. Then, suddenly, the storm came without Danny calling it. She couldn't stop it either. It had a mind of it's own.

A bolt of lightning hit the ground right where her brother was standing. He was flung backward and rose at least ten feet in the air. The smell of burnt flesh filled the air.

"Adam!" She screamed, running towards him. His eyes were still open in shock...but he wasn't breathing.

Danny woke up, a light sheen of sweat covering her face. There was something...different about Adam's death now. Like there was a piece missing from the puzzle. Every time she thought she had it, it slipped away.

Danny grit her teeth. Slip away. That's what she had to do. She had to get away from everyone. She would escape from here and then go to Brandon's place. She would tell him she wanted no part of any of this and if he tried to keep her there, she would escape from him as well.

Danny held her head up. She wouldn't cower in front of them. She wouldn't be such a weakling. She was strong. Danny sighed. She didn't feel strong.

Getting out of the small cot Heston had given her, she looked at the door. It was locked, but there had to be a way out. Then, out of the corner of her eye, she saw the window. It was high up in the wall, but if she stood on the bed, she could get out.

As quietly as possible, she pushed the bed to the wall. Each sound was magnified to her ears. She pushed the window out, grateful they weren't that high up so that it didn't shatter.

Finally, she climbed out. Danny took off down the path and didn't stop until the house was a dark silhouette.

She had no idea where she was, but she knew one thing. She had to get back to Brandon. She needed him to stay away from Heston and so far, he was the lesser of two evils.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:13 pm
Bloo says...

Sorry about not posting for so long...hopefully this can still live again :)

Brandon

Finding Danny was the only thing on Brandon's mind. If only he knew where to look. Unlike Brandon, who kept in the smae place, allowing Heston to find him any time he wanted, Hestone moved constantly. Brandon could only guess it was within the town, or not far from it, sense he went to the same school. And thats when it hit him. The school would know hwere he was hopefully.

Hopefully if he hurried he could get in before the jainitors left, and keep from making a mess to get in. Running back to his jeep, Brandon drove over to the school, going as fast as he could.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have to go, and will finsh later
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

54 Reviews

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:23 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

**About time. ^_^ I almost forgot about this.**

Danny clutched at her aching side. Heston was much stronger than she was and she wouldn't stand a chance.

"Dammit, Brandon, where are you?" She asked to no one in particular.

Danny stumbled around blindly through the woods. It was dark here and she was starting to get cold now. It wasn't like she had time to put on a lot of warm clothes before she was abducted.

Danny sat on a tree trunk. Her life was a big joke. It was nothing more than pain and misery.

It's your fault, a snide little voice spoke in her head. It was you who killed your brother remember, it told her.

She shook her head angrily. She had to find Brandon. She wasn't safe and she still wouldn't be safe with him. Or at least, she didn't feel safe with him. She only felt...better. She would never be safe as long as Heston was alive.

Danny groaned. She knew exactly what that thought had just done to her. She was going to have to kill Heston and she knew it. There was no running from this.

She got off of the stump and started making her way through the woods again.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:16 am
Bloo says...

Brandon

At top speed I entered the school parking lot. This was where all those nights of video games would come in, after dreaming of doing it after all those action movies. Spinning the wheel with force I eyed the curb. Spinning around, slowing down, trying to get my momentum down. Then, like a scene from a movie, the car caught up to the curb, the spinning had stopped, and I parked perfectly there.

"AWESOME!" I screamed. "I could die after that."

Getting back to business, I jumped from the car and went to the doors. Which I found locked, of course. Now what was I supposed to do? I needed to get to the files in there.
Why did the door have to be locked. Wait,m it was just locked.

"I'll only have about five minutes to get what I need, and if I don't get it by then...I'm done," I told myself, and got ready. With a deep breath, I stepped back, and then ran straight to the door. With an audible crack, the door caved in, and I fell to the ground.

After a slight moan, I picked myself up and ran forward. With each pump of the arm I accelerated with a force of wind. As I entered the courtyard, I realized something. Heston was in the gifted program, and so in a different database, in a different office, and I didn't know where it was.

With the cherry on top of my crap luck sundae being the police sirens in the parking lot already. Time to get moving then. summoning the earth to rise under me, once in the air I looked into the parking lot and saw several officers rush into the school, and others still knocking the doors down. With a swift series of hand movements I set the ground level down two feet, and may other pillars around it. That would make an okay obstacle but not do anything I couldn't reverse.

Jumping from my spot, I heard several thumps, looked like the cops had found the courtyard. Landing silently, I crept into the closet door, and once clear from view, began to run again. Trying to think where the room might be. Footsteps echoed from not too far away. Looking around frantically I found an air vent, and climbed up the lockers, pulling my feet in just as they turned in.

After they had cleared out of the way, I flicked my wrist and watched the lockers leave the wall, and block the officers way back, and to make sure I brought a small wall of rock up to block them from being knocked down.

Now comes a part I like, a part that reminded me that even the worst luck can be turned around. I figured out where the office was. Not caring what I did anymore, I I ripped the vent open and landed loudly on the ground, and with a stomp the ground caved in under me. The stomp was a bit too powerful though. Never did get the hang of stomp earth bending, why I always used my hands to direct it.

Like someone had screamed on the slopes, everything began to come down. rocked began to fall around me, some small pebbles, other the size of my head. Getting into a ball, I brought an electric shield around me. Fearing being crushed, I kept my eyes shut, waiting for the banging, and ear splitting echo inside my shield to stop.

Like a gift from above, it did, and I opened my eyes. Only to find it didn't make much difference. All around me rocks blocked my light, and only a faint glow from my shield, that felt like it would disappear any second, let me see. I was dead. Then the shield was gone. Not having enough strength to keep them up, and move them away, I was crushed.

To this day I don't know how I was alive after that, but I hung on, in dire pain, but I still had some life in me. my life flashed before my eyes in these last moments, of the life before I came here. Of me and my father, and Heston, at our old training area, fighting playfully, toning our skills. All the happy flooded into my head, and then I saw Danny, and remembered what I had to do.

With a blood lusting roar, the rocks shot away from me, and I flew into the air on a gust of wind. Looking down at the school, I saw that I had ruined it. it had caved in, with most of it destroyed.

Looked like finding Heston would be a lot harder than I thought.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

54 Reviews

Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:35 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Danny ran blindly in the dark, still she knew a little about where she was going.

"If the moon is behind me, I'm going the right way," she mused. She wasn't very good with directions, but she knew basic stuff. Like to follow the moon directions to get home.

Not home, she thought sadly, to Brandon.

Then, miraculously, she found a way out of the forest.

"Dammit Brandon," she growled. "Where are you? This is your fault anyway." She continued grumbling to herself when a middle aged man pulled over beside her.

"Not lost, are yah?" He slurred a little. "How 'bout you come taka ride with me?"

"No thanks," Danny replied, tiredly.

"Oh come on, sweetie," he laughed. "I'll show you a good time."

"Uh, no thanks," she said with more force and slightly disgusted. "Yuck, dude. You're old enough to be my father."

He just laughed. "Come on, girl," he grumbled as he got out of the car and grabbed Danny's wrist.

"Let go of me," she growled. "This is not the right time."

He pulled her into his chest and laughed. "I'll show you some manners, girl," he replied. Danny pushed him, but he hardly budged. Phsyically, he was a lot stronger than her.

"I said let go!" She screamed. Lightning struck him and he was lifted off the ground with a sizzling pop.

Danny fell to the ground, horrified. She had lost her temper again. This waas just like the time she had killed her brother. The smell of burned flesh filled the air.

Danny crawled over to a bush and vomited until her stomach had nothing left in it. Trembling, she got up and fled.

---

It didn't take her too long to find Brandon's house again. She didn't bother knocking. She strode inside and went to 'her room.'

She changed into a pair of pajama shorts and a tank top and crawled under the covers, still trembling. What had she done?

"Brandon?" She called, getting up. She needed to tell him about this. She didn't want to keep this to herself, plus what if someone got suspicious of that man's death.

"Brandon?" She asked, again. She stared at the living room. There was a half eaten slice of pizza and a bunch of clutter strewn everywhere. Where was he?

He who knows only his own generation remains forever a child.
— Cicero