z

Young Writers Society

Collision [In need of a better title]

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:13 am
TNCowgirl says...

((Your fine))

Colt smiled and kissed the top of Ivy's head when she came back. "You could've packed more."

"I didn't want to." She shrugged with a smile. He smiled back at her and helped her onto the wagon before they started off down the trail already having said goodbye to their families.

"Off to lives of our own." He smiled wrapping an arm around her.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:51 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

"Yeah," Ivy sighed, leaning against him, lightly. Her stomach was actually flipping at the thought. What would it be like for just her and Colton to be alone...together. To have their own life as...a married couple. It was so odd.

Ivy swallowed hard. She had seen the way her mom and father had agrued. Mom even admitted that she had loved him more when they were dating. And while they never let Ivy see this...they were actually falling out of love with each other. Would that happen with them?

"You alright?" He asked, rubbing her shoulder up and down. She shivered though she wasn't cold and quickly held Colton tighter.

"Just thinking,: she managed to reply.

"Seems to be more than just thinking," Colton replied, softly. Not in a prying way, but a gentle one that suggested he would be there and listen to her.

Ivy wanted so much to tell him how she felt, but this time she would keep it a secret. She didn't want Colton to think she was having doubts. Not at all.

**I am s sorry I haven't been posting. Thugh I promise to be posting more. Remember how I told you I was going through a tough time? Well, things are finally looking up so I'm...happier I guess. lol. And a lot more likely to write. (:**
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

110 Reviews

Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:36 am
TNCowgirl says...

**I'm SO glad things are looking good!!!**

Colton squeezed her shoulder. If she wanted to talk to him she would. Until then he'd leave it how it was. He knew the thought of them being married was a new idea to her, honestly it scared him to death, but he wasn't regretting marrying her, not at all. He was just scared that he wouldn't make her proud to say he was her husband.

(Time Skip)

A month later they had gotten 100 acres per couple. They'd built the first make shift houses about an acre apart, where it wouldn't be hard to visit, but they had privacy. They could see the houses if you really looked, but it wasn't to where you couldn't see it at all. It was cold outside and Colton was outside again and chopping more trees down to fix the house so it would be warmer. They had stuffed the walls with extra clothes and it was a tiny house, but it would do until he could build a better one. He could hear Adam doing the same. They were clearing the woods further from the house so there would be no sneaking up on either of the houses.

After he chopped the trees down he pulled them to the house with the horses and cut them up, took them to the house and nailed them on. He put a third thick layer on and then went inside to warm up.

"That should do it, that should hold the heat in. But we'll want to tear the walls down once it warms up cause no heat will get out." He said as Ivy handed him a cup of coffee. She had shedded the blanket she had been wearing constantly the past few weeks. "Next, the roof, then we should be snug all winter." He smiled.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:43 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy gave him a shy, tired smile. She had been feeling really tired lately. In fact she had been trying to hide the bags under her eyes from many sleepless nights, not to mention the slight fever she was starting to get.

"Ivy?" Colt asked, as sharp as ever. "Are you feeling alright?"

"Fine," she laughed a little, though the sound had a forced feeling even to her ears. "Nothing to fret about. Really."

Colton walked over to her and wrapped a warm, comforting arm around her waist. "Ivy," he said in a tender voice that he only used when talking to her and sometimes his sister. "Tell me."

"I'm just a bit tired is all. I'll be feeling better soon," she insisted. Colton frowed a little and rested the back of his hand to her forehead.

Colt shook his head a little and the frown lines deepened. "Maybe you should rest a little."

Ivy laughed, this one real, and lay her head in the pocket where Colt's arm and shoulder connected. "You worry too much. There is too much to be done now. I'll rest after our home is truly ready. I - We've been looking forward to it too much to delay the process."
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

110 Reviews

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:53 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt sighed and shook his head. "Alright, if you say so." He said kissing the top of her head. "But if you don't get better then we're going to go for a doctor. I can't have you sick."

**Sorry, All i could think of**
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:57 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

**DRAMA TIME! lol If you don't like this, then I'll change it. Just thought we should add some conflict. ^_^**

Ivy yawned as the sound of horses drew near. "I thought that Adam and Ella were off making their own home?" She questioned Colt.

He stiffened. "They are," he replied, narrowing his eyes. "Ivy go in. It may those men looking for you again."

"No," she said, standing striaght up. "I'm not leaving you out here alone."

Colt looked at her exasperated, but put her behind him as the horses drew nearer. Their was a carrige behind one. An expensive one at that. Ivy gasped. It couldn't be!

A pale woman of about forty-five stepped out. She was tall, think and very attractive for her age. She had Ivy's brown-blonde hair piled into a tight braided bun on top of her head with a lacy black umbrella to protect her fair skin. Their was no denying that this was Ivy's mother.

"Ivy," she gasped, stepping closer. "What has become of you, girl!"

Ivy laughed. She had liked the change. Her own pale skin now had a slightly darker tint to her from being out in the sun with Colton. Her long, waist length hair hung free because Colt seemed to like it better that way and her dress was a light, cotton one. Unlike her other expensive silk dresses, like the one her mother wore.

"My God!" She exclaimed. "You're not wearing shoes!"

"Hello mother!" Ivy shook her head laughing. "I had to blend in out here and to be honest, I love it!"

Her mother grimaced. "I feared that you might," she replied, snootily. "But I've talked it over with your step-father and it is agreed that it's safe for you to come home. So let us go, my dear. And we'll clean you up and looking like a proper lady in no time."

Ivy's heart dropped. "Mom...I'm not going," she whispered.

Her mother turned to glare. "Yes you are. I won't tolerate any arguing either. Hold your tongue."

"Mother...I'm married. To Colton," she said, moving closer to him. "I can't and I won't leave him. Mother, I love him and...I think I'm pregnant."

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:44 am
TNCowgirl says...

"WHAT!" The woman screamed. Colt smiled down at Ivy and put a protective arm around her waist holding her close.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but she is telling the truth, we are married." Colt replied. "And she isn't going anywhere. We own this land and we are going to stay on it."

"I do not think so!" The woman screeched.

"There is nothing you can do about it, ma'am, she is an adult who can make her own choices even if we weren't married. We are married and we are starting a family on our land." He replied calmly still not wanting to make the woman and madder, but it didn't seem to be working.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:04 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy shivered a little. When she was little she was terrified of making her mother angry. She hadn't exactly gotten over that fear.

She turned to glare at Ivy. "I sent you out here to protect you, you ungrateful brat!" she yelled. "Then you go out and marry some...some country fool!"

"Leave him be!" Ivy growled, angrily. "He's your family now and also the son of your friend. Yes, the one you sent me out here to live with."

Her mother's lips went then and then she smiled, a bone chilling type of smile. "We will see Ivy. I'll be back soon. And it would be wise if your...husband got smart and ran off."

Ivy's eyes narrowed and Colt held her tight to him, keeping her from going anywhere. "Don'tthreaten him," she said, coldly.

Her mother smiled. "I haven't yet."

With that said, she jumped in her carrige and left.

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:38 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt frowned. "I'm sorry to say it but I don't like her." He said softly.

"Don't worry, I don't right now either." She smiled. "I don't know what she has planned."

"There is nothing she can do." Colt replied. "At least nothing that she can do without me dead and without ruining her own name."

"What do you mean."

"She could force a divorce, but that would take me being dead cause otherwise there is no way I would go for it." He smiled.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:11 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy buried her head in his chest. "Colton...I'm still unsure," she sighed. "I just hate it that she hates you. I don't want you to be in trouble."

"I won't be," he laughed. "I had to deal with you when you first came here. Nothing in this world scares me any more."

Ivy gasped and pushed him a little. His eyes were shining playfully and she couldn't help but laugh too.

"And...what do you think?" she asked.

"About what?" Colton smiled down at her.

"About having a baby," she whispered. "Because I think that's why I've been so tired. And sick."

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:20 am
TNCowgirl says...

"It's great, we need to get everything done and I'll need to double time it, but other than that I think it is amazing!" He smiled scooping her up and kissing her. "We're starting our own family, Ivy, it's the best thing I"ve ever heard."

"Really?" SHe smield.

"Really!" He smiled back kissing her again and sighing. "lets get this place finished, would you mind cooking me up something as I finish the roof, I'm hungry."
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:55 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy nodded, eagerly. In fact, she was pretty hungry herself. Besides, she hated to just sit there and do nothing. She hated it.

She thought for a second of what to cook. She wanted to make something sort of special. After all, they were going to start a real family soon.

Ivy got to work and waited a few moments for Colt to wash up, keeping his food warm for him. She had set a table for two and found a few wildflowers to put in a crystal vase her father had given her for a birthday. She had always loved flowers.

Ivy had cooked some of the salted meats that they had saved for the winter. She had even made a vegetable soup. Mostly of potatoes since it was getting colder and they didn't have many vegetables besides potatoes left.

She bit her lip nervously. She hoped she hadn't overcooked the meat or soup. As Colton came out he smiled. "Smells good," he nodded, kissing her lightly on the forehead.

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:33 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Thanks." She smiled as they sat down. They said grace and he dug in hungrly.

"Tastes as good as it smells." He smiled at her noticing she hadn't eaten anything yet. She took a bite and smiled. He laughed, "You didn't think it would taste good?"

"I wasn't sure." She blushed, he laughed harder and smiled.

"You are a great cook." He smiled.

"YOu are bias of course you would say that." She teased back.

"I'd let you know if I didn't like it." He replied as he dished some more into his bowl. "It's good, trust me. And it's nice and warm too. We need to lay out what we'll plant in the garden when spring comes, we'll need more food from the store too."
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:31 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy nodded and smiled, though her stomach suddenly churned. Why was she feeling sick now? It wasn't morning.

"Ivy?" Colt asked.

"Excuse me a m-moment," she said, getting up from her chair and rushing outside. She needed the cool air t calm her down.

Too late, she realized just in time to make it to a nearby bush. She felt warm, rough hands pull her long hair away from her face.

Ivy gave a last shudder and drooped to the ground. She hated getting sick.

"Sorry about that," she smiled sheepishly.

Colton frowned shaking his head. "It's natural," he replied. "It's not your fault and I don't mind."

110 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:36 am
TNCowgirl says...

"But it should be in the morning." She said as he rubbed her back.

"I don't think it has to be. I don't know much about it though." He said softly. "Just relax, you're ok." He said smiling at her.

**UGH**
Want a Readers crit???

This is a house of homes, a sacred place, by human passion made divinely sweet.
— Alfred Joyce Kilmer