z

Young Writers Society

Collision [In need of a better title]

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:01 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt laughed and gave her a tight squeeze then kissed the top of her head. "Do you trust me?" He asked softly. She nodded. "Go sit somewhere." Her eyes enlarged and she frowned.

"I'm not leave..." She started.

"Go." He replied. "if you trust me go." She finally slipped off and he looked at Damon.

"She is mine." Damon said.

"She is the mother of my child. She is what keeps me going. I'm not going to let you take that from me. You have two choices. One, you let me leave with my wife and we never see or hear from you. Or you can step outside with me and we can settle it to the death."
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:25 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Damon laughed as only a noble could. Ivy shivered with panic and terror. She had used to look up to this man...this horrible shell of what should be a human.

"I admire your strength, sir," Damon rolled his deadly eyes. "But I think we both know I could have you killed any moment. So...here's MY proposition. We act rationally," he laughed. "I'm guessing that you can pretend, as you're too simple to really be rational."

Ivy stood up suddenly, balling her fists, ready to punch every inch of him. Why could he not leave them alone? Why couldn't he just leave them be?

"Ivy," Colt whispered.

His voice gave her chills, but not in the way that Damon's had. His voice warmed her entire frame and she looked away from him sighing just a little.

"Okay," she muttered.

Damon appeared a little confused, but amused. "Well here is what I offer you. I will let you have Ivy back...she is really of no interest to me. I want a virginal bride...not this trash. Oh, how you used to tempt me so, Ivy," he sighed and shrugged it off. "Ah well. What I say is that you let me marry her and divorce her. I'll send her into exhile because she...hm...displeased me as a wife. She couldn't bear children perhaps. But I cannot be made a fool of. Besides...Ivy may even decide she likes it better on this side of the tracks after all, country boy."

Ivy bit her tongue but stood still. She knew Colton knew her better than to believe that crap. All the same...if what Damon was saying was true...well she'd give anything to be with Colton. Even her pride and dignity. Her virtue as a woman. She loved him and if that's what it costed her, than so be it. If she went through with this...it would ruin her. But she would have Colton again. This was the true test of faith here.

"Colton," she whispered. "I have to do this."

"No," he growled. "Trust me, Ivy. I'm not letting you leave me for another moment."

Ivy felt like giving up. Not like giving into useless tears...but just laying down and letting fate ride over her. What could they really do against a man as powerful as Damon. She didn't want to fight anymore. It hurt to much to lose. Colton would protect her...but would she let him kill himself trying? No...she wouldn't.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

110 Reviews

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:42 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colton looked Damon in the eyes. "I'm not about to allow you to do that. How do I know you will keep your end of the agreement?"

"You'll have to trust me." Damon replied.

"I'd trust a baby rattler over you!" Colton growled back. "Now, you better come up with another plan because I also will not have my wife's name run through the dirt. I honestly just have to bring forth to everyone here that she is already married. Has a kid even, what will you do then? There is nothing you can do against that. I can get witnesses to come out here. Unless you want your name ruined for kidnapping my wife, seperating her from her child, and then trying to force her into another marriage while she is married to another then I suggest you come up with an excuse for why you aren't marrying her. Because bud you better believe I will not allow you to marry my wife."
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:14 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Damon sighed and ran a hand through his hair. This man may be very simple...but something in his eyes reminded him...of the few nobles who had gotten the better of him. This man actually looked smart and even though Damon could have him killed this very instant Ivy would probably fight him harder than ever.

He could have her killed but that would mean answering many question and he didn't really want her killed in the first place. This was really too much hassle. Colton had even given him a reason to let them go. He could give his friends a reason of why he didn't want her any longer. He grinned. It could actually work in his benefit.

"Alright then," Damon smiled. "You can have her. Ivy, all I ask is that you stick to the story. We're going to tell everyone the truth. Or part of it."

Ivy's eyes which had dimmed since she had started living here, looked at him eagerly...almost hopeful. It bugged him that she hated him so much. What did this Colton have that he did not? His pride stung....what woman wouldn't be grateful to have him? Damon shrugged it off.

"I, heartbroken, let you go with this man whom you fell in love with while in hiding. Purely out of the goodness of my heart. I didn't want to let you go of course, but I wanted you to be happy," he snorted and looked at Colton. "These are my terms. Agree or I kill you...and possibly Ivy too. Here, sir, I am much stronger than you. Power wise, anyway.

"You will leave early tomorrow. Spread the word to your friends, Ivy. They will do the rest. This way we both win. We'll personally, I more than you," he laughed. "Of course, Ivy, you are still willing to stay with me."

Ivy moved closer to the country, angry man and shook her head. She still hated him fiercely but was trying to be nice in order to get on his good side so they could leave. Damon smiled softly. He could see right through the fool. He wanted her...she was so beautiful...but there were many women here that he could have. And she was just trouble.

"I want to go with Colton. I am not going to leave him again. Ever."

"Very well, so you agree to my terms than, Colton?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Your wife won't have her entirely good name cause she would have left ME, the very defition of perfect here, for you. But she won't be left bad off either and you get to go in peice. And I will be even more appealing. Agreed?"
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

110 Reviews

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:26 am
TNCowgirl says...

"My wife's name will not be dimmed where it matters the most, in my eyes and in the eyes of our family and friends back home. I don't see why not it is the truth in all reguards." Colton looked at the man in front of them. "One of these days you will learn that looks, money, and power mean nothing. You can't be happy until you accept that fact."

"You know nothing of it." Damon replied.

"No, I do know a lot about it. You can't buy true happiness, you can force happiness, and looks aren't everything. A rose is a very beautiful thing but it will prick you faster then you can blink." Colton shrugged. "but it is your life to chose to do with it as you please. Just leave my wife out of it."
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:18 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Ready to start this up again? :D

110 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:22 am
TNCowgirl says...

***Heck yes!!***
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:47 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Damon had let her go. She and Colton had stayed and, of course, were looked down upon as poor, little Damon explained the story, but Damon had let them go. She had hardly let go of Colton since she had seen him.

He was very quiet as they walked away. He was leading her to whatever he had taken to get here. He was taking her home.

"Colton I'm so sorry. I was so stupid!" she said in a choked sob. "I was scared and tired of fighting this battle. I knew he would come for me and I couldn't stand the thought of him killing people, especially you, because....of...me."

She was done crying but the shame had sunk in. If Colton forgave her, she would thank God everyday. But there was no hope that he could ever think of her the same way. She had been so stupid. Stupid and weak. Still she clung to her husband, begging with her eyes that he would forgive her.

110 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:05 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Once they were out of site of everyone he pulled her into a hug to quiet her crying. "I love you, Ivy, I don't like what you did but I forgive you because I love you so much." He kissed her forehead. "Can we please go home and see Haven?" She nodded a small smile on her face.

*`*`*`*`*`*

When they finally got back to their ranch his ma ran out of the house Haven in her arms. Ivy ran over scooping the child up and holding him close to her. Colt smiled, this was more like it.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:18 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy held the small baby close to her, stroking his soft hair. She kissed his forehead and cheeks, gently. He looked so much like Colton. She had almost forgot what he looked like, but seeing him now was what really made her feel at home.

She sank to sit on the porch swing and cuddled the baby to her body, cooing sweet nothings to him. This was their child. Their Haven.

She felt the swing shift a bit as Colton sat next to her, wrapping an arm around her waist. She laid her head against his arm, sighing deeply.

She was happy. She was safe. She was home.

110 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:25 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Colton woke up the next morning earlier then Ivy did. He slipped over to Haven's bed, picked him up, and went to the chicken coop getting eggs, getting milk, and then back inside and making breakfast before he carried it into the bedroom to wake Ivy up.

"Good morning, love." He smiled kissing Ivy's head as Haven cooed. He set the tray of food by Ivy as she slowly woke up.

**OY**
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:49 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

She didn't want to wake up. The feel of Colton beside her in their own bed made her happy enough she could have slept all day.

"Gmorning," she mumbled with a yawn. But the smell of breakfast wafted towards her and she opened her eyes completely and smiled brightly at her husband.

"You're really too good, you know that," she grinned.

She didn't eat much, but she tried to eat as much as possible. The food was amazing, but her stomach had shrank from her time with Damon. She was too skinny and ready to gain back the weight to make herself healthy again.

She stood up and stretched, kissing Colton gently and taking Haven, tickling his stomach lightly.

"That was amazing, thank you," she sighed, content. She lay Haven on a quilt to play with his toys while she started on the dishes, as Colton finished getting ready.

110 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:07 pm
TNCowgirl says...

***IDEA!!!***

Colton swallowed down another batch of biscuits and then kissed Ivy. "I gotta finish planting some plants in the garden then I gotta run the line and make sure the cattle are ok."

"Don't be to long." She smiled at him. He smiled back, kissing her one more time before going out to the garden and quickly planting the rest of the plants, watering them, then going and tacking up his horse taking off for the eastern pasture to check on the cattle. When he was half way there a white and black down shot out in front of him barking like he needed something.

"Hey, pup, whats wrong?" He asked. He hadn't seen any dogs around here especially one that looked so healthy. It turned and tore off into the woods stopping once to see if he was following. When he saw Colt wasn't following he ran back over barking again before taking off again. Colt frowned but followed the dog as it weaved through the woods. It got to a house where the door was standing wide open. Colt dismounted quickly running into the house where there was another dog sitting by a girl that was laying on the floor clutching her side.

"Miss, are you ok?" He asked. Her eyes jumped to him, they were full of pain.

"N-no." She whimpered. He noticed the blood train leading in from the door, she must've dragged herself in the house. He moved closer and the bigger of the two dogs jumped in front of her growling low in it's throat. "Toby, hush." She hissed at the dog who laid down watching Colt.

"What happened?" He asked moving to her side and looking at the wound.

"I accidentally walked up on a mountain lion that someone had tried to kill. It attacked me so I had to kill it." She replied between gasps. "Please help me, I've lost alot of blood." She whimpered.

"Can you ride?" He asked gently. She bit her lower lip chewing on it.

"No, but if I could ride behind or in front of you I could." She replied gasping as a wave of pain passed through her body. He scooped her up running to his horse the dogs following. He shut the door and mounted up with the girl in front of him tearing off to his house. When they got there her face was white as snow. Ivy ran out and gasped at the site of her.

"Ivy, get some hot water boiling, and some clean sheets." He said. "After that go get Ella." He said carrying the girl inside and laying her down on a cot the dogs running in and laying down next to her. Ivy stood there pale in the face. He walked over to her moving her face from the girl. "Ivy, take my horse and get Ella. This girl isn't going to live unless we help her."
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:43 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy ran into the house and put the water over to fire to start boiling. Her hands were shaking. So much blood. It had a faintly sweet, copper smell. Her breath hitched in her throat. She didn't want that pretty woman to end up a corpse.

Blood, the woman's blood, was in her hair from Colton's hand as he had to turn her head away from her. Ivy didn't care. She got the clean sheets and set them up for Colton. She'd helped saved many injured animals before. Little squirrels and pups, but never a woman, never someone whose outcome looked so terrible.

Ivy tried to keep her cool. Colton was carrying the woman in the house now. He looked at Ivy and she nodded at him, running out of the house and mounting the horse.

She rode fast. She loved the ride, but she could hardly feel the wind on her numb face as she headed towards Ella's house. Her breath came out in short gasps and she dismounted and ran to the door, knocking once before opening it.

It was the first luck she'd had all day, because both Ella and Adam were home. They took one look at Ivy's dead white face, trembling body and the blood on her cheek and in her hair.

Ella ran to her, steadying her, while Adam gently, but forcefully asked what had happened and if she was okay. Ivy nodded.

"I'm f-fine," she said in a voice that shook more than her hands. "B-But there's a woman. Bleeding bad. C-Colt f-found-d her n-near our home. A-attacked. She's our n-neighbor. H-he needs you. S-She's b-bad off. C-can you h-help-p us p-please?"

Adam nodded and ran around to get two horses ready. Ella, on the other hand, waited and kindly rubbed her back.

"We're going to help her, Ivy. It's okay. Just steady yourself, hon," she said, leading her outside, where Adam was getting the horses ready. " It'll be okay. What was she attacked by?"

"I-I didn't get a chance to ask," Ivy said, taking a deep breath. "A big animal though. Real big."

"Mountain lion, maybe," Adam said, gravely. "Let's get out there."

Ivy nodded and found Colton's horse, leading the way. It was maybe the one time she ever rode faster than Adam and Ella both.

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:15 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Colt heard the horses and Ivy was the first one in the house. Adam and Ella were right behind her causing the dogs to growl lowly at all the new people.

"Boys.." The girl's voice was full of pain, but the command was heard and the dogs laid down silently.

"I'll get the doctor." Adam said turning and leaving as Ella ran over and looked over the girl's wound.

"What was it, sweetheart?" Ella asked calmly. She'd always been calm in dire situations. Colt looked over at Ivy and walked over to her giving her a hug.

"What can I do to help?" Ivy asked looking past him at the girl who was explaining to Ella what happened while Ella examined and cleaned the wound with hot water.

"Keep hot water handy, and clean cloth. There isn't much else we can do to help." He replied looking at the girl. "I've never seen her before, but her house is on the property on the east of us."

"C-can one of you go to my house, there is a pouch of herbs." The girl gasped in pain. "It'll help." Ella looked up at Colt who nodded and quickly ran to get his horse.

*~*~*~*~*

Ella looked at the nasty wound, this girl was tougher then she was. She didn't know what she would do if she had that kind of wound let alone kill the mountain lion that made it. Ivy walked over and Ella handed her a cool cloth to put on the girl's neck.

"Whats your name?" Ivy asked forcing a smile looking away from the blood.

"Aviva. You moved here a couple months ago. How is your baby?" The girl was fighting pain, it could be heard in her voice but she was trying to stay strong.

"He's fine, sleeping now." Ivy smiled back at the girl. "What is so important in that herb pouch?"

"Some of the herbs help with pain and healing. My ma taught it to me. I was trying to get to where I could fix myself up at my house but I couldn't thats when I sent Toby to find help." She gasped as Ella dabbed at the wound. "Oh no!"

"What?" Ella looked up at the girl's slightly scared face.

"O-one of you need to go get your husband. Black Hawk will be at my house soon and if he sees the blood and a strange man in my house he'll kill him." She took a deep breath. "He means well by it, thinks he is protecting me but he won't know what happened."

"Who is Black Hawk?" Ivy asked looking worried.

"The Chief of the Keswanne Indians." Aviva gasped.

"Ivy, if she told you how to get there would you be able to get there?" Ella asked.

"Toby can take you. When or if you see Black Hawk tell him that Aviva sent you. When he sees Toby it'll be fine." Aviva gasped in pain again and looked at the dogs. "Toby, lead home." Toby jumped up and ran to the door looking back for whoever was supposed to follow.

*~*~*~*

Colt finally got to the house. He jumped off his horse and walked inside the house spotting the pouch.

"Who are you?" A deep voice demanded from behind him. He spun around and swallowed hard looking at the tall Indian that was standing there arms crossed looking extremely mad.
Want a Readers crit???

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor