z

Young Writers Society

War of the Tsurekin

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:10 pm
Dynamo says...

(Okay, I'll think of something for a double-post later.)
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

103 Reviews

Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:24 pm
Dynamo says...

"Skylar, I did what I thought was right. I tried to protect us!" Kai shouted back. "How was I supposed to know we would have to fight that Agent today? Would you rather have let that thing tear down the school with everyone in it just to keep our identities safe?"

"You should have still told us! We could have done something, we could have prepared ourselves!" Tears were streaming down the girl's face now, and even through the anger her breath shuddered and hitched. "They've taken our tsurekin, Kai! I might never see Tala again now, and you might never see Ryukin!"

At the meantion of Ryukin's name Kai felt something snap inside him. A rage like nothing he had ever felt before exploded inside him. "Don't you think I already know that!?" he shouted at the top of his lungs. The sudden shift in his mood startled Skylar, and the mad, almost feral look in Kai's eyes had her stepping back. "Do you think it didn't cost me to turn my back on him back there so we could escape? You have no idea how I feel right now, don't think for a second that you're the only one who lost a friend back there!"

Skylar found herself unable to say anything as she stared at Kai. She had never seen him so angry since the day they met. Seeing him like this made something ache inside her.

The sound of pounding echoed through the tunnel as the police tried to breech the secret entrance further back. Akira put herself between Skylar and Kai and said, "Now's not the time for this, we have to go. If we stop now and get caught our tsurekins' sacrifices will have been in vain."

"Where are we going to go?" Katherine asked.

"Ivy owns a small warehouse by the pier, everyone knows to go there if anything happens to the mansion. There's a car parked at the other end of the tunnel we can use to get there."

(Sorry I couldn't post again until after my cruise.)
Take that, science!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 pm
sunwater says...

Spoiler! :
Hi I'm a big fan of your writing

103 Reviews

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:36 pm
Dynamo says...

Thanks, but next time tell us in the form of a PM, not by intruding on our thread.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:34 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar followed them towards the end of the tunnel, but she couldn't stop feeling like half of herself had been taken away, to God knows where, possibly dead. She was numb, and Kai yelling at her was no help with the situation at all! She just wanted to tell him it was all his fault! She knew it wasn't, she would slowly get over that, but it still hurt knowing she may never see Tala again!

"Hurry up, Skylar, you are falling behind!" Katherine said snapping her out of her thoughts. She nodded and then picked up the pace and forced herself not to think about Tala right now. When she got her hands on the people that took her precious Tsurekin she was going to tear them apart limb from limb and make them regret the day they even thought about harming someone Skylar loved so much!

*Sorry it's short, but I have to start writing again! And what happened to YWS? Are the updating it again or something, cause it's kinda...old looking.*
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:14 pm
Dynamo says...

They came to the end of the tunnel a few moments later. The latch was a little stiff, so Kai had to help Akira open the hatch. They found themselves in the middle of the forest near a dirt road. They couldn't see the mansion through the thick line of trees, but they could hear the commotion that still continued on the grounds.

Akira went over to a large bush and started pulling back the branches, relieving the forest-green jeep that hid behind it. She opened one of the glove compartments and pulled out a key. She put it in the ignition and was pleased when the vehicle's engine hummed to life.

"There's a blanket in the back, use it to cover up your Tsurekin," Akira told Katherine as everyone piled in. Kai sat in the front with Akira while Skylar and Katherine got into the back with Lavos. They drove down the dirt road for a while before getting onto the main streets and heading for the pier.

(Sorry it isn't much. After not writing for this storybook for so long it's going to take me a little while to get back into the grove. If you can't think of anything for your next post you can describe the drive down to the warehouse, but I still have to decide who makes it there and who was caught.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:23 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar just stared out the window as they drove towards the warehouse. She watched as trees flew past them in a blur and caught herself looking for Tala to be running along side them. She pulled her knees up to her chest and looked over at Katherine who was watching her, Lavos sitting behind her.

"I'm sorry." Katherine said softly.

"It's not your fault." Skylar replied taking a deep breath. "But I swear to God they better not hurt her or they better kill me quickly cause I'll kill anyone responsible."

"I can only imagene. If that was to have happened to me, I don't think I would've been able to move."

"Tala would be mad if I didn't get out of there. Plus, if I didn't I wouldn't be able to find her and help her I'd be stuck too."
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:28 pm
Dynamo says...

(Okay, I didn't read through the whole storybook thoroughly but I think I managed to find all the characters. I just hope I didn't miss anyone. Sorry it took so long to post this.)

Akira glanced at Kai as she drove. He seemed to stare aimlessly into the distance as they left the back roads and turned onto one of the main streets. "Kai, are you okay?" the woman asked.

"I'm fine," he said, though his voice was flat and almost devoid of emotion.

"We'll get them back, I promise."

Kai said nothing, even as they pulled into the pier and parked next to the warehouse.

They pulled up next to Ivy's limo which had arrived before they did. When they got out of the jeep and went inside the warehouse they found some of the rest of the Aushalten's members waiting for them. Shigure, her brother Hiorimaru, and Kaeru the frog stood off to one side with Elise, Ty, and Quincy the snake. Elise looked destraught and Ty was trying to calm her down. Becky was with them. The little girl held her Tsurekin, Usagi the rabbit, in her arms as she usually did. Sean and Alex were standing near the door talking while Reiky the monkey sat on Sean's shoulder and Mantia the mantis stood next to Alex. Alex and Sean both turned when Kai and the others came in.

"Good, at least you guys managed to make it here safely," Alex said.

Kai looked around as he noticed some of their members were missing. "Where's everyone else?" he asked.

"They... didn't make it," Sean said.

"What happened?" Akira asked, worried.

Both Alex and Sean explained everything that happened once Kai, Skylar, and Katherine left after defeating the Agent. During the school's evacuation Ty had called Ivy and told her what was going on and to tell her to send the limo so they could all get back to the mansion before the police got involved. Unfortunately, all the Tsurekin who were in the mansion caught wind of the phone call, and the moment they heard the word "Agent" they stormed out of the mansion to get to the school and go to their masters' aid, despite Ivy and Sahara's orders not to.

By the time the other Tsurekin arrived the Agent was already dead, but someone saw one of them and a SWAT team that showed up at the school went after them. Kuma the bear, Fang the sabertooth tiger, and Arachna the spider were taken down by their strange electrical guns, and Ceder, Harry, and Brittney were all taken in for questioning. While the rest of the Aushalten were making their escape Mira the crocodile had lagged behind because she couldn't run as fast as the others, and she was taken down, too. They've been trying to calm Elise down ever since.

(Ivy and Sahara will have been taken in with the others since she stayed in the mansion while the others escaped. Richard and Revy the phoenix will show up in a bit.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:40 pm
TNCowgirl says...

**Sorry I've been gone, things have gotten crazy again**

Skylar looked around at the group and took a deep breath. They had to get their Tsurekin back.

"Whats the plan?" She asked looking at Kai. "If not to get our Tsurekin back we have to help Cedar and the others."

"We need to wait until Ivy gets here and see what she suggests, let everyone catch a breath and regroup." Kai replied. Skylar clenched her teeth and walked to the least occupied part of the room fury running through her. They couldn't just stand still and wait! They had to do something go find their friends! She felt like she was missing a major part of her and it was killing her!

*Sorry*
Want a Readers crit???

"And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
— Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland