z

Young Writers Society

War of the Tsurekin

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:05 am
Dynamo says...

(What if the spider belongs to the most popular girl in school? After this she'll know our three characters have Tsurekin, so she can give Kai a love note to lure him away from the others in order to capture him and use him as bait?)

Reiky jumped down from one of the trees and landed on the spider's back. She covered its eyes with her hands so it couldn't see where it was going. The spider screeched again as it flailed about, trying to throw the monkey off.

"Reiky, be careful!" Sean yelled.

As Tala watched the monkey keep the creature at bay, she asked, "We can't get on top of it with Reiky riding it like that. Got any other plans?" Ryukin didn't answer. "Ryukin, did you hear me?" She turned to face the dragon. Ryukin's eyes had started to change to red. Tala gasped as she remembered them doing that when they fought. "Reiky, get out of there! NOW!" she yelled.

Reiky managed to jump onto a nearby branch just in time. Ryukin opened his mouth to reveal the flames within. A fireball shot forth and slammed into the creature with enough force to send it flying. The spider slammed into the side of a tree.

The aftermath of the blast of fire set a nearby tree aflame. The fire quickly spread to another tree, then another.

"The fire is spreading, let's get out of here!" Kai yelled.

The spider managed to slip away during all the panic.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:55 am
TNCowgirl says...

(((Works for me. Will she have been watching the fight?)))

Sky jumped on her bike and Kai jumped on behind her as they tore out Sean behind them. She hoped Tala and the others got away safely. She drove to another lake part and then stopped at another park area. She jumped off and ran towards the woods where Tala would hopefully meet them.

"Where are they?" She asked looking around as she looked around the rocky area.

"Relax, they'll be here." Sean said sitting on a rock. They looked towards the smoke that now filled the air a few miles away.

"Should we call the fire department?" Sky asked biting her lip.

"IF they don't see it, then they can't put it out." Kai replied. "There they are." She looked over and smiled when she saw Tala.

"Fire department is going there." Tala said laying down.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:57 am
Dynamo says...

(Of course. :D )

Reiky was sitting on Ryukin's back as they approached. When she saw Sean she jumped off and scampered toward him, jumping into his arms. "Are you okay, Reiky?" he asked.

"I'm fine."

Kai came up to Ryukin and asked, "Ryukin, what did you do back there?" He had never seen Ryukin do that before, he had no idea how much destructive power he had until now.

"I'm... not sure," the dragon said. "I knew if that thing defeated us it would go after you next. I was suddenly overcome with rage, and it just... happened."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:36 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"I knew for a fact it wasn't going to touch Sky cause I wasn't going to let it." Tala said frowning.

"But you can't guarantee that." Ryukin replied. Tala growled and then looked at Sky who was standing next to her rubbing the top of her head.

"I can too. Cause no one hurts Sky." She replied. Sky laughed and just rubbed her head.

"It had to have a owner, right? I mean our three have owners, so didn't it have to have one?" She asked looking at the other two.

"Probably, but maybe not. We didn't see anyone else, so maybe it never found it's owner." Sean replied. "Maybe it's still looking for it."

"Maybe, can these guys even be killed. From what I've noticed they heal up pretty good. That spider was hurt pretty bad too." Sky said looking at Kai then Sean.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:56 pm
Dynamo says...

"Whether it has a master or not is irrelevant now," Kai said. "The fact that it attacked us makes it dangerous enough."

"You're right," Sky said. "We need to become stronger in order to protect ourselves."

"But how do we get these guys to become stronger?" Sean asked, referring to Reiky and the others.

"The same way human make themselves stronger. We train them," Kai said. "We can start right now, even. Every day after school we'll meet up at this spot to train them."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:08 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"What kind of training? If you mean running and stuff like that then Tala can show them places to follow us alongside the roads where they can stay hidden. She can run for a good 100 miles without stopping right now. I like to ride my bike and she always comes." Sky said.

"We can do that, and we can have them pull rocks and stuff like that. Lifting stuff will be easiest for Rieky because she has hands." Kai replied.

"Alright, so I can train in speed and stuff like that. I know a few places that we can take them where I can race side by side with them where they'll have to dodge obstacles." Sky replied.

"I'll help work on strength, I like lifting weights so I know how to do that." Sean pipped up.

**i'll let you pick what Kai does. :P **
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:55 pm
Dynamo says...

"How about you, Kai? You got any ideas?" Sean asked.

Kai rubbed his chin in contemplation. "We've got speed and strength, the only thing left I can think of is endurance. But what can we do to train that?"

Ryukin turned to Kai and said, "Remember the waterfall in the forest behind your old house?"

"Yeah, I do. We can use that," Kai said. "If they sit under the waterfall it could increase their endurance. That way they'll be harder to take down."

"Sounds good to me," Sean said. "So, what should we do first?"

(You want to decide what kind of training they'll do first?)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:28 am
TNCowgirl says...

"Well the strength will help the speed, and the then you will probably want both for the endurance." Sky shrugged. "So how about we start with the strength first?"

"Sounds like a plan to me." Sean grinned.

"So what do we do while you're doing that?"

"Go out on a date or something." Sean replied.

"First off, we're not dating, secondly I'd like to stick around and watch." Sky said looking at Kai to see what he was going to do.

(((Sorry, I'm not sure how to do the training.)))
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:49 pm
Dynamo says...

(We could have them lift and break rocks. Or we can do a time jump to the next day and say they trained off-screen.)

"Well, there's no point in me going anywhere because Ryukin will follow me, and he's supposed to stay here and train. So I guess I'll stay and watch, too."

Sean rubbed his hands together. "All right, shall we start?"

"So, what do we do first?" Tala asked.

Sean pointed at a particularly large rock off to the side and said, "Move that rock."

(So, instead of sitting through the entire training session, do you want to do a time jump to when they go home?)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:41 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(((Sounds good to me.)))

Sky rubbed the top of Tala's head, not knowing if it was like petting a real dog.

"Alright, so see y'all tomorrow at school." She replied. Tala streched a little and then turned and ran into the woods as Sky walked to her bike and drove back to her house.

"Your late." Gram said as she walked through the door.

"Sorry, we were training." She replied as she grabbed a roll off the plate her Gram had made and popped some of it in her mouth.

"For what?"

"Just training." She replied smiling and then running off to her room. "I've got homework."

"You come back here and explain this to me!" Gram called back.

"It's nothing, Gram." She replied.

"Who were you hanging with?" Gram demanded following her.

"Kai and Sean." She replied.

"When do I get to meet them?"

"I don't know, we'll see."
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:46 pm
Dynamo says...

Sean was nice enough to give Kai a ride back to his apartment. "I'll see you tomorrow," he said before driving away.

Kai got back up to his room. As always, Ryukin was waiting inside. "Sure was a tough day today, wasn't it?" Kai asked.

"Kai, there's something I need to show you," Ryukin said.

"What is it?"

"It's on the kitchen table. I found it hanging off the balcony's railing when I came in."

Kai went over to the table and saw a white silk-like substance. It stuck to his finger when he poked at it. "What kind of spider web is this?" he asked.

"I don't know," Ryukin said, "but I found that same substance on the roof of the school earlier today."

"Wait a minute... you don't think...?"

Ryukin nodded. "I do. Perhaps we're wrong in thinking that creature has no master. It has definitely been spying on us. What reason would it have to spy on us if it had no master to order it to do so?"

Kai was still for a moment, the frowned and went over to the sliding glass door. He closed the curtains before turning to Ryukin and saying, "Search the apartment."

After a few minutes of searching, Ryukin said, "There appears to be no one here."

Kai let out a sigh of relief, but remembered about the others. "Ryukin, can you find where Sean and Skylar live and tell them about this? I don't know their phone numbers so I need you to warn them."

The dragon nodded. "Of course."

(Just so you know, nothing else is going to happen tonight. This is just a precaution Kai wants to take.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:38 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(((Sounds good to me)))

Sky groaned when she heard someone tapping on her window. She got up and opened the window.

"What?" She demanded when she saw Ryukin.

"Kai wanted me to warn you that the spider does have a master. IT was snooping around our place." He replied.

"Ok, so?" She yawned. "I was asleep."

"Sorry, I went to Sean's house first. He was easier to find."

"Ok, well I'll see y'all later." She closed the window and walked to her room laying down and closing her eyes again.

She woke up the next morning rolling over and hitting Tala. "Stupid metal wolf." She hissed sitting up.

"Watch it." Tala laughed as she got up. "Your late!"

"I'm always late." She moaned before taking off at a run towards the stairs.

"WALK, SKYLAR!" She heard her gram yell. She slowed down, but just enough so that she didn't make so much noise that Gram heard her.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:38 pm
Dynamo says...

(Now that I think about it, what we're doing is actually an interesting idea for a real book. I know a few shows and comics that have used this idea of robot animals fighting each other, but to my knowledge I don't think anyone has ever written a book about it. If fate allows me enough time, and patients, in the future to write more than one book, you mind if I use War of the Tsurekin as a story idea?)

Kai was at his locker that morning, going through his stuff for his morning classes. He made sure his science homework he finished last night was with him so he could hand it in as soon as he got to class. He looked at the clock on the wall above the lockers and thought, Skylar must be running late again. Maybe she needs a new alarm clock or something...

Sean came up to Kai just as he was closing his locker. "Hey, I got your warning last night."

"Good," Kai said.

"Are you sure that's the case, though? If that thing did have a master, why didn't he show himself when it attacked us?"

"I don't know, but I do know that thing was spying on us. If it had simply attacked us at random in the forest I would have agreed it was master-less, but Ryukin found strange webs on the roof of the school and my balcony. What reason would a wild creature have to spy on us, rather than simply attack us when it sees us?"

Sean nodded. "I see what you mean." He looked down the hall at all the students going to their morning classes. "But that also means anybody here could that thing's master, and they know our secret."

"All we can do now is be careful," Kai said.

Sean's attention turned to one girl who was walking down the hall in their direction. "Who's that hotty?" he asked. The girl he was referring to had long, black hair and green eyes. She wore a short skirt and a tight T-shirt that showed off the curves of her body. She walked with a sway in her hips that would catch the attention of any guy.

"That's Britteny," Kai said. "She's supposed to be the most popular girl in school."

"I think she's looking at you," Sean said.

"I think you're imagining things," Kai said. "I've been here three years and not once has she even looked at me."

As she walked by she waved and said, "Hey, Kai." The smile she gave him was enough to make any guy in this school get down on his knees.

When she was gone, Sean nudged Kai with his elbow and said, "I think she likes you, man."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:44 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(((I don't mind. :D )))

"Hey, Kai." Skylar heard Brittney call to Kai as she walked by him and Sean. She watched until Brittney was gone then started heading towards the two.

"I think she likes you, man." Sean said elbowing Kai.

"I think she's scum." Skylar replied crossing her arms and standing next to the two.

"No, your just jealous." Sean laughed.

"I'm not jealous of her I have no reason to be." She replied frowning at him.

"Ya, I'm sure every girl in school is." He replied laughing. She clenched her teeth and turned to her locker getting her stuff out.

"I am not! Now I've got to get to class and so do you." She replied as she walked to their first class when they walked in she walked to her normal seat.

"Kai, come seat with me!" Brittney called from her seat. Skylar clenched her teeth a little as she sat down and Sean sat next to her.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:24 pm
Dynamo says...

"Uhh...Okay," Kai said, a little unsure of the situation. It wasn't every day the most popular girl in school asked you to sit with her. But it did get Kai thinking, Why is she being so nice all of a sudden when before today she never even glanced at me? As he walked down the aisle to Brittney's table, he noticed a bunch of guys giving him dirty looks.

The teacher walked in and said, "All right, if everyone is here let's get started on today's lesson. I'm going to need everyone to choose a lab partner."

Brittney placed her hand on Kai's shoulder and said, "I choose Kai as my partner."
Take that, science!

"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."
— Neil Armstrong