z

Young Writers Society

War of the Tsurekin

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:29 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

"Sounds like it. Course its really not that great here. The people are full of it." She smiled. "But it's better then being locked inside all the time. Best place to be in flying down the road with the wind. But you should get out more. College is great, but you gotta have good people skills too, not that you don't. I'm not suggesting that." He laughed,

"I think I know what you mean." He smiled.

"I have a way of being to blunt and then it comes across the wrong way. But seriously, you should come out more. This place, it's fun to hang out with people. I mean everyone comes here sooner or later." She took another sip and looked around. "But if you don't like big crowds, this gets old fast."

"I'd imagine so." He took a bite of her food and she frowned.

"Here I go talking your ears off. Sorry." She leaned back and looked down at her watch. Tala would be outside waiting for her. They were going to race. If there were alot of cars around Tala always kept to the woods running alongside, but if there weren't any around they'd full out race on the road.

"You late for something?" He asked looking at her. She looked up and blinked.

"Huh? Oh no, I just realized how long I've been here." She finished off her food and then put all her trash on the tray. "You ever rode a bike before?" She grinned.

**Hope this is ok**
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:49 pm
Dynamo says...

(That's fine.)

"Can't say I have," Kai said.

"You wanna come for a spin with me?" she asked.

Kai thought about it for a moment. I probably would be fun, and if Ryukin saw him spending time with someone it would make him happy. He nodded. "Sure." He took one last bite of his foot before putting everything one his tray to throw in the garbage.

(All I can think of at the moment. I'll leave taking him to the motorcycle up to you.)
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:59 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar smiled and threw her stuff away then led him out to the parking lot to her bike. She handed him the spare helmet as she pulled her's on.

"Remember, I've never ridden one of these." He said as she climbed on the front.

"Just hold on, and when I lean, lean with me." She smiled. He looked at the back seat and frowned.

"Is that even a seat?" HE asked.

"Get on." She laughed starting the bike. He climbed on slowly and she revved the engine to let Tala know she was leaving. "Hold on!" She called. She felt him wrap his arms around her waste and she drove forward out of the parking lot.

"Where are we going?" HE yelled making her wince.

"There are mics in the helmets, you don't need to yell. It took me forever to rig them, but it makes life easier." She laughed back. "Back to the back roads." SHe replied. She drove out of the city and back to the roads behind her rural house. She caught site of Tala once running through the feilds, but she stayed pretty hidden.

"Not a bad view." He said looking around.

"Ya, well you won't see it for much longer. Hold on." She called. She saw her and Tala's normal starting line and saw Tala waiting in the brush, if you didn't know where she was you wouldn't see her.

"What are we going to do?" He demanded.

"Fly." She called as she pushed the bike to full speed down the straight road, it was start to twist, but she'd slow down, a lil, for that.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:16 pm
Dynamo says...

Kai tightened his grip around Skylar's waist when the bike suddenly sped up. He had never been on something this fast before. He was scared at first, but after a while it felt good. It was a thrilling experience. He was glad he listened to Ryukin and went out.

Something to the right caught his eye, like the shine of metal. It must have been Ryukin following them, making sure nothing happened to Kai. Still, he had never thought the dragon was fast enough on his feet to keep up with a motorcycle...
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:21 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar smiled when she felt Kai relax a little. She slowed a little before taking the turns as they started racing through the winding turns of the road. She frowned when she remembred the open field up ahead. Tala couldn't stay hidden when she ran through it. So on the last turn before the open field she was going to turn around.

"Hold on, and lean with me exactly." She said before she kicked the bike around. She laughed when they came out facing forward.

"Please tell me you've done htat before." Kai laughed from behidn her.

"Not with two people." She replied as she shot forward again.

**Ok, so do we want them to find out about the other yet, or not?**
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:31 pm
Dynamo says...

(I was thinking we could put them in some kind of danger that Tala saves them from. Then while Skylar is explaining everything to Kai, Ryukin shows up (because he just caught up with them) and attacks Tala because he thinks she's a threat to Kai. I don't know how to start it off, so would it be okay for you to double post this one time?)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:39 pm
TNCowgirl says...

((Oh ya. No problem, I just was wondering. :D I've an idea for it. :D It just might be a short post. :D))

Sky revved the engine as they shot off again and smiled when she heard it bouncing off the walls of the mountains. She didn't see the rock that fell from the vibrations. She slowed the bike a little as they got close to the curve and jumped when she heard metal against rock. She stopped the bike confussed. Kai was looking around too.

TALA! Sky spun around and saw Tala standing in the middle of the road shaking the rock she'd just jumped into off her metal body. Sky ran over to her leaving Kai to hold the bike.

"I told you before not to rev your engine in here!" Tala hissed.

"Sorry, mom." Sky hissed teasingly as she walked around Tala. She looked over at Kai who was just staring at them. "Now I get to explain." She growled at Tala who stayed close to her as she walked towards Kai. "Kai, this is Tala. She's my.....pet."

"I'm not a pet." Tala hissed crouching.

"Well how else am I going to explain to him that a wolf that is made of complete metal is basically my body guard for who knows what forsaken reason." Sky frowned. She turned to Kai just as something shot out of the sky hitting Tala and going into a tumble with her across the road. Sky gasped when she saw the metal creature attacking Tala who backed up bearing her metal fangs. Sky ran towards her ignoring the other creature.

"Sky, get back." Tala hissed. "Stupid dragon will kill you."
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:58 pm
Dynamo says...

"I will not let you harm him!" the dragon yelled. He lunged forward at the metal wolf. The two of them slammed into the guard rail that kept cars from falling off the road. The force of the tackle broke the rail and sent both of them over the edge.

"TALA!" Skylar yelled. She ran to the edge and began to climb down. "Stay here!" she told Kai. She didn't look back to see if he listened or not, though.

The two metal creatures rolled down the side of the mountain, clawing and biting each other as they went. They broke away from each other as soon as they hit the bottom. Once they were back on their feet the creatures began to pace around in a circle, as if waiting for each other to strike.

Skylar got to the bottom soon after. She began to run toward them, but Tala yelled at her again. "I told you to stay back! I can handle myself!"

For once, Skylar did what she was told. What could she do. She trusted Tala to defend herself, but she still wanted to help.

A warm orange light began to glow in the dragon's mouth as his yellow eyes began to shift to red. Flames whipped past his lips as he began to open his mouth.

"Ryukin, STOP!" Kai rushed past Skylar and tackled the dragon, putting them both on the ground.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:05 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Sky blinked and ran over to Tala who was about to pounce. "Wait." She whispered.

"It'll kill him." Tala hissed.

"No, he knows it." Skylar said surprised. The dragon finally stayed put but every muscle in it's body seemed to be tense as it looked at Tala. So there they stood in the small opening, Tala crouched ready to attack with Skylar stading next to her, and Kai stading next to Ryukin who looked ready to shoot fire again.

"He yours?" Sky finally asked. Kai nodded looking at Tala then her. "I didn't know anyone else had one."

"Your not the only one that didn't know." He replied.

"Mind telling your dragon to stop looking at Tala like he's gonna try and scourch her again?" She said trying to put herself in front of Tala who just moved and stayed right next to her.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:33 pm
Dynamo says...

Kai looked at Ryukin and said, "Calm down, she's not going to hurt me."

Ryukin relaxed. He looked at Tala and said, "I... apologize for how I acted. I was only trying to protect Kai."

Tala relaxed as well. "You've got a hell of a bite, I'll give you that."

Kai looked at Skylar and said, "Skylar, this is Ryukin. He's the friend who told me I should get out more."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:38 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Ah, well this is Tala. We were racing her back there." She smield. "Thats why we turned at the field. I like to keep her a sceret."

"I understand." He smiled. Tala sat down at Sky's feet, but wouldn't relax enough to lay down.

"So what exactly do you know about these guys?" She asked.

"If they get dents, it always seems to be gone the next day." He shrugged.

"Oh, I know that part. First time I saw Tala was when she jumped between a car and me. She was pretty dinged up." Sky laughed. "But everything was gone the next day."
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:48 pm
Dynamo says...

"It's the same with Ryukin," Kai said. "When I was eight years old I got lost in a forest behind the house I used to live in. A grizzly bear showed up and tried to attack me when Ryukin appeared and fought it off. He was badly damaged when the fight was over, so I hid him in my parents' garden shed. When I came to check up on him the next morning, he was completely fixed."

Before either of them could say anything else, a voice from the road above called, "Hey, is anyone down there!?"

"Crap!" Skylar turned to Tala and said, "Tala, get out of here!"

"You too, Ryukin!" Kai added.

The two creatures ran off into the forest before whoever was on the road could see them.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:51 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Ya." Sky called as she started to climb up the embankment. The guy that was standing up there gave her a hand up and then gave Kai one too.

"WHat happeneD?" THe guy asked.

"Oh, we just thought we'd see what made that big break in the railing." Sky lied smiling. "Must be old, cause there isn't anything really down there."

"Oh, ok, I just got a little worried hwen I saw teh bike and no rider." THe guy replied.

"THanks, We just decided to go exploring." She replied walking over to her bike and picking it up.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:10 pm
Dynamo says...

(I think you type a little too fast for your own good. I think there's at least seven words in your last post that are either misspelled or have more than one capitalized letter. :lol: Because of my A.D.H.D. I can't help but type slow, so I catch almost all the mistakes I make as soon as I type them.)

"Well, you kids be careful," The man said as he went back to his car.

"We will." Skylar said as she put her helmet on. She handed Kai his helmet as well. When the man drove off, she said, "That was close."

"You think you could take me home?" Kai asked.

"Sure, it's about time for me to get back, too. Where do you live." Kai gave her his address. "I know where that is. It's just a few blocks away from my house." She peered over at the edge of the road where their two friends had broken the guard rail and asked, "Is Ryukin going to be able to keep up with us?"

"Not unless he flies," he said. "He's smart, though. He's probably on his way back to my apartment anyway."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:16 pm
TNCowgirl says...

((Sorry, I'll watch that. But the spelling part is because I stink at spelling. Like majorly stink. I can normally type really fast and not mess up, like have the letters scrambled. But I'm doing two things at once. This and cleaning my room. I'm finally done rearranging furniture. :D ))

"Sounds good to me." She started the engine and they tore off towards his house. She slowed down in the area where she knew there were always cops, cruising past the two that were there.

"You knew they were there?" He asked.

"They always are. Do you not come by here much?" She asked.

"Nope, just to school, and the store, like I said. I don't get out much." He replied as they turned into the apartment complex's where he said he lived.

"You do need to get out more." She grinned pulling her helmet off and fixing her hair so it wasn't going to be pushing against her head. He climbed off and handed her his helmet and she put it back on the bike where it normally stayed.
Want a Readers crit???

"I never expected that I should be a queen so soon."
— Alice's Adventures in Wonderland