z

Young Writers Society

War of the Tsurekin

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:22 am
Dynamo says...

The officer gave them a hard look. "According to the people at the restaurant, you two were the only teen couple that was there last night. In addition, the couple was dropped off and picked up by a limo, specifically the one that belongs to Ms. Stone."

Ivy stood up out of her chair. "As I recall, officer, this interview was with me, not them."

The younger looking officer handed a file folder to the senior who opened it up and took out a picture. "That changed the moment they walked into this room, Ms. Stone." He dropped the picture on her desk in front of her. Her eyes widened when she saw the picture.

Kai and Skylar went to her side to see what was on the picture. They both gasped when they realised it was of them in the parking lot, with their Tsurekin.

"One of the customers in the restaurant took this picture with their cell phone last night when those creatures chased off the mugger. So either you two both have identical twins who just happen to be dating each other, or you've been lying to us."

This was not good. They managed to talk themselves into a corner, and now the police knew they had been lying. Kai and SKylar both tried to think of something to say that would get them out of this situation, but no matter how they looked at it they were royally screwed.

The door to Ivy's office suddenly opened, and in walked Kurt who was wearing his C.I.A. uniform. The senior officer looked at him and said, "This is police business, I'll have to ask you to wait outside, sir."

"Not anymore," Kurt said as he flashed his badge. "I'll be taking care of things here, you and your men can head back to the station." Kai and Skylar were instantly relieved. Now that Kurt was here they didn't have anything to worry about with the police.

The officer glared at him. "This is my case, you have no right to try and take it from me." Kurt pulled out a piece of folded paper from his coat pocket and handed it to the officer. "What's this?"

"Orders from your captain. You are hereby relieved from this investigation."
Last edited by Dynamo on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:14 am
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar kept a blank look on her face as the officer sputtered and then turned and looked at them. "You'll be hearing from me." He said turning to leave. Kurt stopped him shaking his head.

"No, this is no longer any of your business the F.B.I is taking over." Kurt replied. The officer huffed and then left. Skylar swallowed.

"I didn't know they had a picture." She said biting her lower lip.

"None of us did." Ivy looked down at the picture a thoughtful look on her face before she looked up at them. "This is going to complicate things but there wasn't anything you two could do. Your tsurekin will protect you even if it means putting them in danger." Skylar nodded but she still felt horrible. Something she had done, even if it was unintentional, had put those she loved in danger.

"So what is the damage, Kurt?" Ivy asked looking up at him. Skylar looked at him worried were they in more trouble then they thought or were they hopefully off the hook. She couldn't read his face and it was bugging her. She was worried to say the least.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:08 pm
Dynamo says...

"I'm not going to mince words, it doesn't look good," Kurt said. He picked up the picture the cops left behind to have a look at it himself. "Ever since the Tsurekin Agent showed up at the carnival a few months ago, more and more Tsurekin have been appearing in public. Most of them are just members of Tsurikansen who have become bolder with their actions, but there are some who have appeared that are new to the city. Most of the fighting has been between Jirran's group and Tsurekin who are new to the area, which is most likely their attempts to gain new members through force, but there have been reports of single Tsurekin causing trouble on their own. We even have one report of a group of robbers holding up a bank with the help of a metal rhino."

"What!?" Skylar said, completely appalled. "Are you saying some people are using their Tsurekin to commit crimes?"

"That's what it looks like," Kurt said, obviously not too thrilled about the fact either.

"How come we haven't heard anything about this?" Kai asked.

"The C.I.A. is keeping close tabs on the media to until we can find a way to deal with the situation. The last thing we need is for people to start panicking."

"That makes sense," Kai said. "Plus, everyone with a Tsurekin is at least trying to keep their partners a secret. If their existence is made public knowledge, then there's really nothing stopping them from fighting and causing havoc in the open."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:32 am
TNCowgirl says...

"There would be nothing keeping them at bay that is for sure. Right now to expose your Tsurekin to the public could mean it's distruction and even the boldest won't show their faces and their Tsurekin at the same time." Kurt said.

"Until now." Skylar said sadly.

"Y'all didn't do it on purpose, they were doing their duty and protecting you." Ivy replied. "No matter the training or anything else there would be nothing to prevent it."

"Still we have put our home and our friends in danger." Skylar replied looking at Kurt. "Will the F.B.I. come after us now like the police did?"
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:41 pm
Dynamo says...

Kurt shook his head. "You have nothing to worry about. They won't make a move unless they have solid evidence that you're all hiding your Tsurekin in this mansion."

"But, they do have evidence," Kai said. "They have a picture of us with our Tsurekin!"

Kurt smiled and said, "What picture?" before tearing the photo the police had left behind in half. "Don't worry, I sent some men to the police station to grab all the evidence on you guys and destroy it. As long as the police don't see you with your Tsurekin with their own eyes you have nothing to worry about."

Akira got up off her chair and started gently shoving Kai and Skylar toward the door. "Sou, you let us deal with the police, you just worry about getting stronger. Everyone will be fine as long as you don't do anything stupid."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:11 am
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar followed Kai out the door and down the hall to their room before she said anything.

"It's all my fault we're gonna get found out." She said sitting on the couch as Tala walked over.

"No it's not!" Kai replied looking at her. "Tala and Ryukin were following instincts, there is nothing we could've done about it."

"But I agreed to go on the date with you knowing something could've happened. We have bigger things to worry about, our Tsurekin's safety comes first. I had a great time but at what cost?"
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:20 pm
Dynamo says...

Kai placed a hand on Skylar's shoulder. "It's not your fault Sky, none of us could have seen this coming," Kai said. "Besides, now's not the time to be worried about this. We need to focus on what we have to do to keep everyone safe, not whose fault this is."

"But-" Skylar started to say something, but Kai cut her off.

"Skylar, I need you to be strong for me."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:57 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar took a deep breath and nodded. "Alright, I can try."

"Can you do more then try and actually be strong?" He asked a hint of a smile on his face.

"Yes, I'll be strong." She looked around the room. "This is my home, I have to help protect it and those that are in it."
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:34 pm
Dynamo says...

(Well, I managed to get everything finished, now all that's left is to hand everything in and get ready for Saturday when my parents will pick me up. How about you? Did you managed to study enough for your exams and get all your assignments finished this semester?)

Kai nodded and said, "I'm glad to hear it. Now come on, everyone is waiting for us in the game room."

"All right." Kai helped her off the couch and together they went to tell everyone that the cops were gone.

(To tell you the truth, I haven't had much of a chance to think about what'll happen next. I'll try to think of where to drive the story next, in the meantime you can have them skip to the next day if you want.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:58 am
TNCowgirl says...

**Yeah, I've an exam tomorrow which shouldn't be hard at all and then another one on Thursday. It also shouldn't be hard, it was supposed to be done yesterday but sense it "snowed" (didn't hardly snow at all) they cancelled the classes. :S Oh well**

Later that night Skylar laid in bed for a while thinking. She couldn't go to sleep because her mind was racing with the night that they had been attacked. The man seemed like an everyday mugger but something was off. Something didn't make sense and she couldn't put her finger on what.

"Go to sleep, Skylar." Tala growled from a few feet away. She sighed and rolled over closing her eyes and making her mind shut up so that she could sleep.

The next morning Skylar woke up before her alarm went off. She turned it off, got dressed, and then hurried down to the kitchen. Her stomach was growling like no buddies business. No one was in the kitchen yet so she quickly got a bowl of cereal and sat down at the table reading the back of the box while she ate.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:47 pm
Dynamo says...

When she got half-way through her cereal she heard footsteps approaching the kitchen. To her dismay, they belonged to Harry and Fang. The two walked into the room seemingly uninterested with her or Tala. But when Harry went to get something to eat from the fridge, he said, "So, I heard you almost got us all screwed over? How'd you manage to mess up so bad?" There was a slightly arrogant ring to his voice, like he was purposely trying to irritate Skylar.

(Again, sorry it's so short. He we keep writing then maybe I might come up with something to help me make bigger posts.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:13 pm
TNCowgirl says...

((It's fine.))

Skylar bit her lower lip and took a deep breath looking up at him. Tala growled low in her throat,

"They did nothing wrong, we were protecting them, which is our jobs!" Tala hissed. Skylar took another bite of her cereal and looked at Harry daring him to say something more.

"You still exposed us and could've easily gotten all of us killed." Harry replied harshly.

"Harry, I don't like you very much and I never have. I'd have no problem whatsoever beating your face to a pulp so please shut your mouth. Nothing we did was wrong, yes it would've been better if they didn't come protect us but it's ingrained in them to do so. So I suggest you shut your mouth before you can't use it anymore." Skylar hissed.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 pm
Dynamo says...

"Is that a threat?" Harry asked with a smile, as if he was just looking for an excuse to start a fight.

"That's enough, Harry," Fang told him, "You know what Alex will do if we start fights with our new allies."

Harry made a 'tch' sound through his teeth and left the room. "I'm going out for breakfast."

Fang began to follow him, but stopped at the door frame. He turned to face Skylar and Tala and said, "I'm sorry about Harry's rude behaviour. He really is trying to change his attitude towards you all."

"Well, he needs to try harder," Skylar said.

Harry's Tsurekin nodded and said, "Yes... yes he does." With that, he left to join his master.

(Sorry about the delay, I've been completely absorbed in all the new video games I got for Christmas that I haven't been able to pry myself away from them long enough to post something. My Christmas vacation isn't quite over yet, but hopefully I can start getting back into the grooze so once I'm back at college I canjump riight back into posting.)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:46 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

**I don't know how this post will turn out. The guy I was head over heels in love with died 12/30/10 while he was on the phone with me. We buried him today. I'm posting cause I need to think about something else and I'm slowly starting to get back into the grove of living. Well, kinda. Anyway, so it's no problem. **

Skylar looked back at her food and took another bite. "Give him some slack, it can't be easy for him." Tala said as she streched out.

"I know, it's just so hard." Skylar sighed. "I don't trust people, especially people that used to be my enemy."

"I know, but you need to." Tala replied.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:57 pm
Dynamo says...

(Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine the kind of shock you may be going through right now. For someone you love that much to die when you're on the phone with them no less, I can't imagine how painful that was for you. I'm glad you're trying to get your mind off of it instead of wallowing in grief, but don't feel that you have to force yourself to post. If you need someone to talk to, you can always send me a pm.)

Hiorimaru, Shigure's brother, came into the kitchen moments after Harry left. Before Shigure had grown close to everyone in the group she had originally planned to take her brother back home to Japan after rescuing him. But after that night at the warehouse she felt honor-bound to stay and help Kai and the others for as long as it took to take down Tsurikansen. Her brother refused to go back to Japan by himself and, instead, stayed to look after his younger sister. However, one look at him whenever Shigure and Ty are together leads one to believe that enemy Tsurekin may not be the only thing he's trying to protect her from...

Hiorimaru was tall with green eyes and dark hair like his sister. His complection was a little darker than Shigure, an indication that he spends more time in the sun than his sister. This morning he was wearing a regular T-shirt and jeans. The only thing he was missing was his sunglasses and jean jacket. Skylar wasn't the only one who had been surprised by Hiorimaru's behaviour, from the way Shigure had described her brother as being a better ninja than herself everyone had expected him to be even quieter and colder than her. On the contrary, he was just as outgoing and friendly as Sean.

Hiorimaru gave Skylar a look and asked, pointing a thumb in the direction Harry had left, "What's his problem?"
Last edited by Dynamo on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take that, science!

First you broke my moustache, now you break my heart.
— MaybeAndrew