z

Young Writers Society

War of the Tsurekin

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:07 am
TNCowgirl says...

***It's been a week? Wow. Today was SO long, but the past week went fast. I meant to come on and lengthen the post. Shows how much I've been paying attention. :S ***

"Us clumsy giants could eat you in one bite." Tala hissed. Sky frowned.

"Tala!" She hissed. "Be nice." She turned and faced Sean and Reiky. "I'm sorry, she takes a while to get used to."

"So do you." Tala replied smiling up at her.

"So, how are you liking it here?" Sky asked ignoring Tala.

"It's different, for sure." Sean replied looking around. "But it's not a bad different."

"I'm not a fan." Reiky said pulling on Sean's hair again.

"It gets better." Sky smiled. "I moved here when I was younger, it's not a half bad place."
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:35 pm
Dynamo says...

(Yeah, it's been a week. I know I said I'd be back on Sunday, but we ended up coming home a day earlier because my parents had to help host a couple's club last night. It belongs to their friends who are on vacation right now. Anyway, it's great to be back. :D )

"My family and I only just finished getting everything unpacked, so I haven't had the chance to take a look around the city yet. You guys mind showing me around after school?" Sean asked.

"Sure," Sky said. "Do you have your own car? Because my bike won't hold more than two people."

"Don't worry, I've got my own car," Sean asked. "You two love birds can ride together."
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:12 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(((Good, did you have fun?)))

"Love birds?" Sky laughed. "Ya, you got that one wrong."

"Really?" Sean laughed crossing his arms and eyeing them both.

"Really. I just got to know him like a day or two ago. We're not love birds."

"Uh huh. Keep telling yourselves that. We got class." Sean smiled walking towards the stairs.

((Tears))
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:56 pm
Dynamo says...

Sean was right. Lunch was almost over and it was almost time for their next classes. Before they went down the stairs, Sean took Reiky from his shoulder and put her on the ground. "Now you be good and stay out of sight, okay?" he said.

"I will."

When the three of them left, Reiky turned to look at Ryukin and Tala. Ryukin's face was neutral, but Tala was agitated. Ryukin noticed and said, "Tala, remember what Skylar said? Be nice."

"I am not clumsy," she said with a hiss to her voice.

Ryukin sighed as he walked toward the edge of the roof. "Something is bothering me."

"Yeah, like what?" Tala asked. She kept her eye on Reiky in case the monkey tried anything again.

"Think about it. We just met yesterday, and Reiky and her master shows up today out of the blue. It can't just be a coincidence, can it?"

"I think I see what you mean," Tala said. What Ryukin had told her was interesting enough to take her focus off Reiky. She didn't seem very agitated anymore, either. "Before this all happened we all thought we were the only ones of our kind. And now, all of a sudden, the three of us are together. What do you think it means?"

Ryukin looked over the edge of the school into the distance. "I don't know. Maybe it was just a coincidence, and my mind is trying to make it more than it is. Or maybe there are other forces at work here..." He placed his hand on the edge, and it came away with something sticky. "Hmm? What's this?" he said, smelling whatever had got on his hand.

"What's what?" Tala asked. She and Reiky both came over.

"There's something strange here," he said as he looked at the pile of white threads on the edge.

Reiky jumped up onto the edge and started poking it. "It looks like a spider web," she said.

"There aren't any spiders up here large enough to make something like this," Ryukin said.

Movement from across the school yard caught their attention. But when they looked all they saw was a figure just before it disappeared behind the tree line.
Last edited by Dynamo on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:01 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"I want to go get Sky." Tala hissed.

"No, no sense in making a fuss out of nothing." Ryukin replied.

"But if there is us three there are more. I'm supposed to protect her!" Tala growled walking towards the door. Ryukin jumped in front of her and blocked the way. "I will fight you. She is mine to protect."

"And if your going to protect her then you'll not expose her. Noone will know she has you unless you show your face."

"But what if we didn't find them by chance, but destiny, then someone else will know who she is." Tala replied.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:11 pm
Dynamo says...

"Yes, but right now she's safe," Ryukin said.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Think about it. If anyone does know about us, then why haven't they shown themselves yet?"

"What are you getting at?" Tala asked.

"If there is someone after us, then they obviously don't want to be discovered by everyone or else they would have attacked us while we were all here on the roof. If they care as much about secrecy as we do, then Skylar, Kai, and Sean will be safe as long as they're in school."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:37 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"School doesn't last to much longer." Tala said backing up and laying down. "What do we do then?"

"They'll be with us. WE'll be able to take care of them." He replied.

"We gotta wait until we get them with us." She frowned. "What happens if we run into someone? What then?"

"There are three of us....."

"That hunk of metal won't do no good." SHe growled.

"We can take care of them."

"Ya, right." She growled and walked over to a corner and curled up watching them closely.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:21 pm
Dynamo says...

Ryukin walked back to where Reiky was sitting on the edge. "Is she always like that?" she asked.

Ryukin shrugged. "So far, yes."

"I heard that," Tala growled.

Ryukin sighed and shook his head. "Anyway, there's no point in worrying about it now. Let's just wait until the others get out of school. We'll figure out what to do then."

(Can you post the kids coming out of the school after their last class?)
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:50 am
TNCowgirl says...

Tala shifted her ehad around so that it was tucked by her side and closed her eyes. She still had a few more hours before they got out, and she wanted to recharge herself incase anything happened.

Skylar watched as the clock slowly ticked to signal the end of school. She bit her lower lip as it was a minute away.

Faster, faster. Don't go so darn slow! She ran a hand through her hair as the second hand ticked, it seemed to take forever. She just wanted out of the school.

RING She shot out of her chair with all her stuff in her backpack and slung over her shoulder. She made a beeline for the door and stopped when she hit the bright sun so her eyes could adjust to it.

"Not in a hurry are we?" Sean laughed walking over with his arms crossed and Kai following.

"School gets old." She replied with a shrug. "I just wanted outside."

**That work?**
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:14 pm
Dynamo says...

(That's fine.)

As the three of them went out into the parking lot, Kai asked, "So, where do you think we should take Sean first?"

"I guess we can show him the mall downtown. We could have something to eat then watch a movie."

"Sounds like a plan. I'll go bring my car around," Sean said.

Sean went to his car, which was parked a few spaces away from Skylar's bike. When he started fishing his keys out of his pocket, a voice from below said, "Sean."

Sean looked down do see Reiky hiding under the car. "What are you doing under there, Reiky?" he asked.

"The clumsy giants were worried about something. They wanted me to find you guys as soon as you got out of class."

"What are they worried about?" he asked.

"I'm not entirely sure myself, you'd have to ask them that. They want me to tell you to meet them in the forest over there," she said, pointing to the treeline at the edge of the school's property.

Sean nodded. "I'll let the others know."
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:27 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Skylar handed Kai the extra helmet pulling her's on when Sean walked over.

"Hey, we need to meet Reiky and the others in the woods. Reiky says something is bothering the others. I don't know what and she isn't sure what either." Sean shrugged.

"Alright. Drive your car, we'll go over there and then ride to a place you can park your car and talk to them. They'll follow." Sky smiled as she climbed on the bike and started the engine. Kai climbed on behind her and she tore out of the school Sean following. She drove ten minutes down the road to an area she knew they could park the bike and car and walk into the woods without worrying about running into anyone.

Once they got there Sky lead them back to her and Tala's normal meeting area and found that the three were already there.

"Whats up, Tala?" Sky asked walking over to the wolf and rubbing her metal head.
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:47 pm
Dynamo says...

"Ryukin thinks there's a reason why we all met," Tala said.

"What do you mean?" Skylar asked.

"Think about it," Ryukin said. "Just a few days ago we didn't think any more of our kind even existed, now here we are, the three of us together in one place. Don't you think it's a little odd that this happened all of a sudden?"

"Maybe you're just being paranoid," Kai said. "It's probably just a coincidence."

"If Sean and Reiky hadn't shown up today, I would have agreed with you, but it can't just be a coincidence that they decided to come to school the day after we found out about Tala."

"So, what you're saying is you think there's something going on that brought us all together?" Sky asked.

"I'm not sure what I think right now," Ryukin said. "All I know is, if the three of us managed to meet in such a short time span, others will undoubtedly show themselves as well, and what if some of them aren't looking for friends?"
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:55 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"There isn't anything we can do though." Sean said looking at them. "What is there if anything?"

"We can prepare." Tala said sitting up straight. "Learn to fight."

"I can already fight." Ryukin growled.

"I've fought you and you can't fight any better then me. Which isn't bad, but still isn't the best." Tala replied.

"I could've whupped you." Ryukin replied standing his full height. Tala just laughed,

"Stop it you two, this isn't a competition." Kai growled. "I think you're right though, it wouldn't hurt for us all to know how to fight."

"Ok, but how are we going to learn to fight, if we know nothing about what they can and can't do. I mean do they have guns hidden in them we don't know about? Or is it just like a normal animal just metal? We really need to know more about them before we can go training them or they train us to fight with them." Sky replied.

"Your not fighting!" Tala growled.

"Then you won't either, Tala. We're a team, that's how it works." She said sternly. "Any ideas how we can get to know more about them?"
Want a Readers crit???

103 Reviews

Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:48 pm
Dynamo says...

Kai scratched his head. "Therein lies our problem. We need to prepare for whatever may be coming, but the only ones that would know more about these guys are probably the ones that will come after us. I guess our only option right now is to prepare them using the knowledge we do have."

"So, what do you suggest we-" Skylar's sentence was cut off when they heard a high-pitched screech. A blur of green and purple jumped out of the bushes at Tala.

Ryukin was the first one to see it, so he was able to jump in front of Tala and take the hit. He, and whatever hit him, were sent rolling across the dirt and grass. Ryukin managed to bite it hard. The creature let out another screech before jumping away from him.

The creature was a large purple spider with green legs. Red fluorescent lights ran down each one of its legs. The entire thing was made of metal.
Take that, science!

110 Reviews

Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:18 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"I don't think we have time." Skylar said as Tala growled and crouched beside Ryukin. "I hate spiders."

"Where's it's master?" Sean asked looking around.

"Does it have one yet?" Skylar asked as it charged at Tala and Ryukin again. "It has fangs!" Both dodged and Tala jumped on it's back crushing it to the ground before it twisted underneath her and moved away. The metal on it's back badly crushed.

"Next move?" Tala said barely looking at Ryukin.

"That seemed to work, but if you can pin it down, and I can break it's head off it might be better." Ryukin replied.

Skylar bit her lip as she watched the spider. It looked over at her and the two guys and then charged towards them.

"TALA!" She yelled.

**I'll let you do whatever. :D Hehehehe, didn't know if we wanted to get rid of it or not.**
Want a Readers crit???

We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind