z

Young Writers Society

The Hidden

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:43 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

"Get the hell away from her Triston," I said as calmly as possible. I put myself in front of hima and Layla.

"Calm down, Crystalline. I'm only here to help. Or well, to explain," he smiled.

"Explain what?" Layla asked. I pursed my lips. Of course he had her hooked now.

"Layla, don't act stupid. You are a very smart girl and you know exactly what I am talking about," Triston said. Layla's pale face went paler.

"I-I don't know," she stuttered.

"Get away from us or I'll make you," I threatened. "This isn't any of your buisness and you just need to stay away. For good."

"I'll see you tomorrow then girls?" Triston grinned, hopping back into his truck. I cocked an eyebrow and looked at Layla.

"I'm always available if you need someone," he said softly. He drove off before I could say another word so I turned to Layla.

"Don't trust him," I told her. "Whatever you do, don't go to him. Please come to me first. Listen, I know we're not the best of freinds, but you've got to trust me. I have a bad feeling about Triston and...he's just bad news okay. We've got to do this on our own."

Layla looked so confused. I sighed and started walking back to her house. She followed of course but didn't say anything. I just hoped she would trust me. for some reason I knew Triston would hurt her. And for another, stronger, reason, I couldn't let that happen. It was as if I needed her. I shrugged it off. Everytime I though things couldn't get much stranger they always did.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

54 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:10 pm
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

Okay Brainy. I told you we are bringing this back. :)

Layla was back home and now I was curled in my bed, my Ipod crancked to the max. I had nothing to do and I didn't want to be left alone with my own thoughts. Everything was too confusing.

Why was Triton even here. What did he want? What was going on with ME?

I got up and went to the bathroom. I raised my hand and stared at it. Concentrated. And then....nothing happened. There was no fire.

I laughed a little. Of course fire couldn't erupt from a girl's-

And then my hand glowed a bright orange. Flames licked my fingertips. I gasped and fell down, the wind from my fall estinguishing the flames. MY breath hitched in my throat.

No...impossible. But I knew. It wasn't. I just blew my "imagination" theory way out of the water now.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:17 pm
View Likes
brainychic212 says...

I'm back! Finally! :)

12:43 a.m. rolls around and I'm finally ready for bed. I hadn't really had time to think about what had happened at school and to be honest, I was trying very hard not to. There was logical explanation for fire and water to shoot from a person's hands. Crystalline must know this but she says we're going to talk about it tomorrow. And what's the deal with that guy, Triston? Why is he suddenly so interested in us and why does Crystalline already hate him?

The next thing I know, my alarm clock is going off at 6:15 a.m. I don't remember ever falling asleep. I groggily roll out of bed and get ready for school. I clean up the stray beer bottles from when Mom came home last nite. I considered going into her room to let her know I was off to school but the last time I did that, I got fussed at for waking her up for something so unimportant so I decided against it.

I finished getting ready and ate a bowl of Fruit Loops and walked outside at 7:13, just five more minutes before the bus was supposed to come.

As I'm standing outside waiting for the bus, a black Mustang pulls up in front of my house and Triston gets out.
"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment."
-Pride and Prejudice

"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader—not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon."
-E.L. Doctorow

54 Reviews

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:38 pm
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

"Hey Damion," Crystal said, smiling at him. "Sorry about making you pick me up. Again."

"No problem. Again," he laughed as she slid in the passenger seat.

"Um...I know this is kind of out of the way and...weird, but can we stop by Layla's house. I mean, I just wanna check up on her, y'know?"

"Sure. Sounds like a good idea and not weird at all actually," he said, face serious for once in his life.

Crytalline sighed. Everyone had heard about Layla's situation at home. Plus, add the freaky hand water tornado thing and she had a mess to deal with. Literally.

Damion sped off towards Layla's house. It only took about 5 minutes, but of course, Damion was a speed demon.

"Who's that?" He asks. "By Layla...is that Triston? Didn't know he was into her. I've got competition!"

Damion laughed but Crytal stiffened. As soon as Damion came to a halt Crystal got out of the car.

"Hey Layla!" She greeted her too enthusiatically. "Triston bothering you? Cause...well shouldn't you be off to school?"

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:00 pm
View Likes
brainychic212 says...

"Hello there, Layla," Triston says as he walks up to me.

"What are you doing here? And how do you know my name?" I ask him shyly. For some reason, I feel as though I should not be talking to him, especially without Crystalline.

"I was just stopping by to see how you were doing and to see if you needed a ride to school," he answers. I didn't fail to notice that he did not bother to answer my other question.

"I appreciate your kindness," I started kindly. "But I do not need a ride to school. The bus will be here any minute."

As I turned my head to see if the bus was in sight, I saw a car speeding down the road towards my house. When it pulled up behind Triston's car, I was surprised to see Crystalline spring from the car and rush towards me.

"Hey Layla! Triston bothering you? Cause...well shouldn't you be off to school?" she asked.

"Hi Crystalline. Triston was just checking to see if I'd like to ride to school with him but since you're here now it won't be necessary, right?" I looked behind her to see who was driving the car and I saw that guy from our Civics class who had been watching me. I gave him a small smile and somehow knew he would have no problem with giving me a ride to school.

"Oh of course Layla. I'm sure Damion would love to take you too," she said, confirming my thoughts. "I think we should get going now." She turned to Triston for the first time since she arrived. "I guess we'll be seeing you at school Triston."

"Oh, yes. You will definitely be seeing me at school Crystalline," he said. As Crystalline and I turned to walk away, Triston grabbed me by my wrist.

"I look forward to seeing you again Layla. Maybe next time we'll get to talk without being inturrupted." He gave me a smile that would have been charming if I had believed it.

"Look buddy, if you don't let go of her right now, you won't be in any condition to talk later," Crystalline said.

Triston didn't bother to look at her. He just held that smile and kept eye contact with me as he let go of my wrist, walked over to his car, and left.
"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment."
-Pride and Prejudice

"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader—not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon."
-E.L. Doctorow

54 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:59 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Look buddy? Hahaha! That cracked me up! I loveit! ^_^**

"Crystalline what the hell was that about?" Damion asked, eyebrows knitting together in concern. "What's going on with Triston? Oh, and hey Layla."

"Hi," she said, looking at her feet.

"We'll talk later. But you, my little speed demon, must get us to school in about 12 minutes or I'll...kick you or something."

"Kick my Crissy? Really?" He smirked. "Very threatening. And here I thought we wanted to play nice for our guest. You'll have to excuse her violent nature, Layla. She's quite frightening."

Crystalline hit him across the arm but, much to her aggravation, Damion grinned even wider. "See! No one's safe around this little devil!"

Crystal rolled her eyes as Damion took off towards the school.

I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
— Flannery O'Connor