z

Young Writers Society

Have Story; Need Partner!

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat May 26, 2012 7:18 am
Caesar says...

Very, very well. My villains though tend to be.... unconventional. Note we'll be working with Betheny; Cspr; SideraAquila; and LostMagi42.
Just a head's up.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon May 28, 2012 3:53 pm
Graffiti Artist says...

Here's my idea (that I came up with just now):

Enter the country of Atlantis. Enter a girl who wants to leave this country - she's fleeing, actually, having committed a crime that would give her the capital punishment. She's killed her father with a knife when he went after her. Taking her little brother with her, she tries to flee this country, which nobody has done before. She doesn't even know if it's possible. But she has to find a way, because she refuses to let her little brother go to a foster home or an orphanage.

Like I said, I came up with that just now, so sorry if it doesn't sound that interesting.

Need a partner - if anybody is willing, and happens to have a better idea, just let me know. :)
"Behold, a Great Red Dragon!" - Max McDaniels, The Fiend and the Forge, Henry H. Neff

Ask me no questions, and I tell you no lies; ask for my oath, and I circumvent the truth; ask for my life, and death shall be considered a miracle.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:51 am
Threnody says...

Hi everyone! I was interested in writing a story with this plot:

Some people awaken in the middle of a maze, vaguely aware that they volunteered as test subjects for an unknown reason, and know that somehow they must escape it alive. This is difficult because throughout the maze, there are trials both physically and mentally that they must overcome. Eventually they realise that they are a part of a scientific experiment to evaluate the effectiveness of a drug that increases the performance of aspects of the subjects brain such as logic, problem solving, perceptiveness, reaction speed...etc. However, eventually it is revealed that the drug has a slew of negative side affects that tests the characters mental stability, putting relationships with other characters and their environment in interesting situations. Over time, more and more is learnt about the nature of the maze and it's creators as well as the purpose of the drug and the subjects testing it. I'm interested in the design of the setting as well as it's dynamic with the characters. Additionally, I want to experiment with the blurring of dreams and reality.

I would love it if someone (or multiple people?) would help me with this. I think that a different perspective could really improve this story and the premise could really test the limits of a writer's versatility. If you're interested please reply and let me know, thanks!
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:49 am
Graffiti Artist says...

That sounds cool, Threnody. :smt003 I might be interested in helping you with that. I'm currently working on my own story, but I'll most likely still have time, so, if you don't mind, I'd like to formally ask if I may volunteer. :D
"Behold, a Great Red Dragon!" - Max McDaniels, The Fiend and the Forge, Henry H. Neff

Ask me no questions, and I tell you no lies; ask for my oath, and I circumvent the truth; ask for my life, and death shall be considered a miracle.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:55 pm
scarlatte127 says...

I want to do a story about a one night stand leading into a baby from both sides(male and Female). I already have the intro. And I would love to write the female point of view! If you're intrested just tell me!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:43 pm
View Likes
KRose says...

Anyone want to join mine? (I already posted it, but it hasn't got much.) It's called the opposite climaters. PLEASE PM ME
When you really want to slap someone,do it and say "Mosquito!"

Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:32 pm
View Likes
firstflamenow says...

Need a partner who will write the story for me if I tell them what to write! I have several story ideas, but my latest one is this:

There's this cat (named Tsarmina)who learns that she's Shade (in our language that would be a shape-shifter with certain other powers as well). She gets visited by this other cat who is also a Shade and she trains her to control her powers and teaches her the ways of the Nara, a group of Shades sworn to use their abilities to protect each other and the world. Tsarmina learns the code and has to make a decision: She can become a regular creature and never have to worry about betraying her kind again, or join the world of Nara and Klaz, their opponent.
Meanwhile this other cat (Gonff) is falling in love with her and discovers her secret. Tsarmina knows that if he tells anyone else it could have tragic results in the outside world of Shades. She has to decide if she should kill him to preserve all of catkind or risk everything.

I have a lot of smaller details, but I can't manage to get them on paper. Anyone wanna volunteer?

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:23 pm
View Likes
KRose says...

(Seriously! I mean, it sounds good, but Tsarmina and Gonff are in books already: Redwall)
When you really want to slap someone,do it and say "Mosquito!"

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:41 am
View Likes
MiaParamore says...

Hey, everyone!

So, this is my first time co-writing like this. Usually, I write with my friend, bluewaterlily and the story that I want to write this time had been a project we both were supposed to do. But she can't do it anymore, so here I am hunting partners.

If anyone's interested, drop me a PM and we'll see how the things work out. I already have loads of things planned in this, and we can work out and dismiss the ideas which don't suit you well! ^_^

And for your further knowledge, this is a story set in modern times about a lady who's forced by the spirit of a bitter witch to sacrifice three kids each week. This lady, Esme, has to kidnap and kill those poor creatures because at stake is hers and her boyfriend, Max's life.

I'll give you the details later, if anyone wishes to join me!

Yes, and one more thing. I would be only able to do this during weekends. So, if you do still wanna collab, PM me! ^_^
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:52 am
View Likes
firstflamenow says...

(KRose and everyone else: I know I'm cheap for borrowing the names but my writing will never make it iinto the world (especially this peice) and I always get caught on the small details so thoes are just temporary so I can get on with it and I would have changed the names later but now I won't cause just like all my other ideas I lost interest after a few weeks so time for a new story!!! @.@

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:37 am
View Likes
Starrywolf says...

So, my idea:

Jeremy's parents died when he was ten, in a car accident that forced him into a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

Danny's mother died from complications after giving birth, and his father committed suicide shortly after. He himself has issues with self-control and anger, and can be slightly dangerous if somebody doesn't know what not to bring up.

Eventually, after years of foster care, they're adopted by the same family. We'd each take one of them, so take your pick.

Depending on how far you're willing to go, I have a couple additional things to add to this that could add drama and things like that. It's a very general plot, and I'd like to think that it's very open to creativity and stuff. c:

I'm more than willing to do this over PM as a roleplay instead. Either way, PM me if interested.
I'm on pretty much every day, so I'll probably reply within a few hours.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:49 pm
View Likes
wordsandwishes says...

Um, Hi :D
So, this is my story: Dark Shards (Written in first-person)

KATHERINE (Katie for short) is not ordinary. She was adopted by Johnsons at age 8 when her parents "disappeared" in the middle of the night. And has been attending therapy sessions for post-tramatic-stress-dissorder (PTSD) ever since. But her symptoms are most unnerving. She has been seeing otherworldly creatures and interacting with them in her dreams. In-spite of daily medication. But that's not what makes her so strange. It's what the otherworldly creatures want; her body.

DOMINIC (Duke for short) has a life story similar to Katie's. But with a few
differences. (Up to my partner).

So, is anyone up for writing with me from the point of view of Dominic?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:13 pm
TickSeed says...

Yo! Wordsandwishes mind if I take you up on that offer?

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:33 pm
wordsandwishes says...

Okay! When do you want to start?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:45 pm
View Likes
LiteraryVenom says...

Sounds interesting. Here's mine, something I've been fiddling with for a while now.

I want to write a horror story. The plot is something along the lines of this: a girl has been haunted by a boy from an alternate dimension since she was young. This boy has aged with her, creeping around and driving her mad for years. However, the twist is this: He lives in mirrors. He can distort her reflection, can appear wherever, whenever there is a reflective surface in sight. And there's something he wants from her...

No, I'm not entirely sure what that something is. I'd prefer to talk that over with whoever decides to partner up with me.

<3 I'll write whichever side you please. I'd like to maybe jump back and forth between the girl's perspective and her mirror counterpart's, but I'm not married to the idea or anything. I'm plenty willing to bend!
I have to write. I have to write the same way I have to eat, the same way I have to breathe. It's like life to me. I have no idea where I'd be if I didn't do what I do.

~Yours Truly :3

To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.
— Allen Ginsberg