z

Young Writers Society

Have Story; Need Partner!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:41 am
TNCowgirl says...

This thread acts as a way to attract writing partners by putting your story ideas forward and hoping someone comes along! On the other side of the coin, if you see an idea here that you want to help write, post in the thread and tag the person whose idea you like! Otherwise you could send them a private message or contact them in any way and get to work together!

For example, if I post in this thread:

My story takes place in the burning flats of Mordor, and focuses on an Orc thirsting to rebel against Sauron's control and the long lineage of bloodlust that controls his brothers! Our story would explore this guy's tale as he struggles against the powers that be in the world.

And let's say that @Rydia comes along and wants to write that story with me, she would post something along the lines of:

@Ysayle, I love your idea! Let's write together!

After that point, the two of you would start a thread in the forum and create your story together. As long as you mind the rules, anything goes! Have fun and knock yourself out!

Last edited by TNCowgirl on Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:33 pm
fire_of_dawn says...

This sounds like a good idea. Here is another gem:

Two cousins (or best friends) have been away from each other for a while. They find each other throug a social site (think MySpace) and exchange messages. They find out that each of them is part of a secret about their families.
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:24 am
foxfire says...

Okay here is my story...

An japanese ESOL teacher is involved in a crime in which the victims are drug dealers. At first she does not mind but as she search more and understands about the crime, she realized that the real target of the suspect is her and what is inside her subsconscious mind and the suspect is not working alone.

But on top of all, she truly fears that they may unlocked th monster on her subconscious mind and will do anything to keep it hidden even trying to kill them on the school grounds.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:09 pm
Sare Agama says...

Two characters, Daru and Tarmeo, are*or are going to be* TrailSeekers.TrailSeekers explore un-charted forests and woods. They look for endangered animals, or new ones.Anyone interested?
Your monthly Bible quote: "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are decietful." Proverbs 27:6

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:21 am
Bloo says...

heres mine
(((taken)))

its year 2150 and in this future world there is a virus ( a computer one) and one by one cities are being sealed off to stop its spread, the cities are completely blocked off from others. Now the setting of the story is set 20 years after the virus starts, now two twins who live in the original virus site have been lied to about the virus like all other kids their whole life but then one day learn about it and learn of the world outside their city and set off to find the root of the virus and get rid of it so they can free their city.

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:55 pm
October Girl says...

**I dunno how and the heck I come up with theses, so here goes**

OK, a rich girl who owns a club sells drugs, and does drugs herself. Everything, all the type of drugs you can think about. Well, one of her so called 'friends' rats her out to the police. When the police come she stuggles and tries to get away, thus hitting her head and getting knocked out. When she wakes up she's in a jail cell with a police officer at the other side. He claims he can help her, problem is, she doesn't remember her own name.

((This would have to be rated 'R' and I want to be the guy. So PM me if you wanna go for it))
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:23 pm
Hotaru-Kun says...

My plots worry me. Anyway.

A WWI atheist man is dead and dwelling in what I call 'the shadow space' in which all who don't believe in the afterlife dwell in well, the afterlife. The basic premise of the shadow space is that over time the bodies - which are just a corporal projection of their 'souls' - are compacted and recycled by the earth. Sort of a twisted form of reincarnation. Anyway, he's given a chance to escape this by what is only referred to as the 'conciousness'. He's brought back in a female body and the rest explores being a Jane Doe, gender identity - both pre and post WWI - and what makes a man.

Any takers?
Sometimes you have to look beyond what you see, if that fails... Just listen to Cher.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:00 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

Hotaru, your plot sounds extremely interesting. Not sure if I'd have time to work on it with you, which would be unfair on you but I'd really like to, so I'll try and see if I can do it between working on my stuff. Basically if you want me I'll happily oblige.
x
for what are we without words and stories?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 pm
View Likes
Hotaru-Kun says...

Sounds good to me Lost_in_dreamland. :D
Sometimes you have to look beyond what you see, if that fails... Just listen to Cher.

Reviews: 2
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:08 am
shadowgirl95 says...

Well, these sound like really awesome stories! Here's mine:

Serena, a good girl who would never do anything to hurt anyone, stopped to help a middle-aged man who seemed to be choking on his hot dog. After she practically saved his life, he comes back into her life, but with a purpose. Ever since the day she saved him, his mental state has been waning, and his obsession for Serena becoming greater with each passing day. As he inches ever so closer to overstepping his bounds, Serena will have to use force to drive this love-stricken stalker away for good.

Basically, one person write from the point of view of Serena, and the other plays the stalker. I could play either role so if you decide to partner with me, take your pick! :D

203 Reviews

Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:57 am
October Girl says...

**A Stalker? That sounds interesting. I'm Happy to be back on YWS, I just got back from my honeymoon!!!**

My idea is kind of like What Happens in Vegas but it's different a little bit.

Two strangers get married and when they wake up they have no memory of who they were and what they did. But both have secrets, big secrets. But they can't exactly get a divorce, both are now offically broke and have absolutely nothing to go on except their name, and the tacky wedding ring on their finger.

PM me if you want this.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:38 am
MidnightVampire says...

Shadowgirl: Hey! That's an interesting plot. If you wouldn't mind working on it with me, then I'd be really happy to (but if you do, then I wouldn't be able to start until the 7th of March because of the standardized tests and stuff). PM me if you're okay with it..
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:10 am
View Likes
Chupatoasta says...

Okie dokie! Hello everyone... okay, my plot is not that well thought out, but here it goes...

The plot's related to the book, Regina Silsby's Secret War, which my Literature class just finished reading. It's an amazing book that takes place in pre-revolutionary Boston.

Pre-Revolution Boston walks a tightrope. Will the townsfolk continue to appease the king of England, or preserve the freedoms he is bringing more and more under siege? Regina Silsby seems to have taken up arms in defense of freedom. But how can that be? She has been dead for thirty years.

Anyway, Rachel Winslow, a seventeen year old girl in Boston has been impersonating Regina Silsby, a so-called witch that had been dead for thirty years. Every time she finds out the Redcoats plan she puts on her costume that makes her appear a decaying corpse. The men are deathly terrorfied of her... or Regina Silsby. After the Sons of Liberty had their little Boston Tea Party, a General and three other Redcoats took over her house, eating her food, ordering her around, tracking mud on the carpet, etc.

Throughout the story, Peter Hanningsburgh, a nineteen year old Redcoats that was boarded in Rachel's house along with General Dewly finds out her secret, but is scared that if he rats her out, they'll hang her, and he can't let that happen to the woman he thinks he's in love with.

Yeah, so... the story'll start off with the soldiers coming to Rachel's house and stuff...
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:15 am
View Likes
Bloo says...

October- i would be interested in yours, i loved what happens in Vegas.

203 Reviews

Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:52 am
October Girl says...

GRR, I think I'm on this topic thingie too much :/ haha anyways.

My idea:

There's a circus on the road, and two teenagers who preform are in love, but their families are rivals. So it's kind of a Romeo and Juliet story but with a twist of the circus life.

PM me if you want this.

I don't care what character I am. Your choice.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky

The Twelve Makeovers of Haircules is the stuff of legend. He defeated the Erymanthian Beard. One could say it was a hair raising adventure.
— KateHardy